Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demons and Marching Band ❯ Introductions and Sectionals ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
^^ Hey all you peeps!~ Here’s chapter 2 and hopefully chapter 3 will be up on fanfiction.net this weekend!~
Disclaimer: We wished we owned Yu Yu hakasho but sadly we do not.

Early the next morning Genkai had kicked in Kuronue’s door and gently woke up Kurama, who had told Hiei to come inside.
“I hope you dimwits remembered to learn play your instruments because Rayleena and Aislinna will take ‘we just found out what we were supposed to play yesterday’ as a weak excuse.” She said, Kuronue groaned, he had forgotten to learn to play Timpani. Hiei smirked in self satisfaction because how hard could it be to hit something with a stick.
“I bought some band shirts on the internet last night, they should be ready for pick up at this ‘Wal-Mart’ store by this afternoon.” Kurama said, grinning because he had been good and done as he was told.
“How hard can it be to hit something with a stick?” Hiei said with a smirk. Genkai hit Hiei in the back of the head with a flip flop.
“You bakka, you’re hitting 5 drums and you have to do it in the proper tempo and learn to dance!” she yelled at him, irritated they were already jeopardizing the mission with their lazy attitudes.
“I didn’t learn Timpani.” Kuronue admitted, bracing himself for a hit with the flip flop but it never came. He looked up and saw how Genkai was smiling.
“At least you admit to your mistakes without arrogance. Now let us get going, the entire marching band won’t wait on us forever.” She said, opening the front door. They went out to her car and piled in, Hiei dreading the fact he had to dance and play and instrument.
“Do I have to dance?” Hiei complained. Genkai glared at him in the rear view mirror.
“Yes, ask one more time and you will be doing what the band calls up downs and trust this old woman when I say they aren’t pleasant.” She growled at him. The rest of the car ride passed in relative silence.
“Kuronue, you need to hide your wings and the tops of your ears.” Kurama pointed out gently as the school came into view. Kuronue sighed and did as he was told, using his spirit energy to mask his bat wings and the tips of his pointed ears. Genkai parked the car, and the second they got out the sound of several instruments playing in harmony hit their ears like a semi-truck.
“What is all that noise?” Kuronue asked, but the second he did it stopped and the only sound was a group yelling “THANK YOU SIR!” and drums playing randomly. The sound got closer and a large group of young adults came into view and headed into a building but three of them took one look at Genkai and grinned as they jogged over to her.
“Morning Genkai-Sensei! Are these the new students?” The boy that they had been told was named Katoru asked. Genkai nodded.
“Katoru, Aislinna, Ray….where is Rayleena?” Genkai asked, sounding exhausted.
“Pit went in almost 20 minutes ago, so she’s probably asleep in the junk yard.” Katoru said with a casual shrug. Aislinna sighed.
“Damn it I told her not to sleep in there.” She grumbled, stalking into the building with a fake rifle in her hand. Genkai sighed and followed her into the building, Katoru, Hiei, Kurama, and Kuronue trailing along as well. They went down a narrow hall and heard Aislinna yelling for Rayleena to “get her lazy ass up and out of there now”. Katoru sighed and went into the room, grabbing a staff that had been leaning against a uniform rack as he went into the room. Genkai, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuronue followed them into the room but the boys stopped when they saw how messy the room was. Pieces of the uniforms, boxes of hats, a large box of shoes, old instruments, and chairs were stacked to the ceiling and lying across a beaten up sofa was Rayleena. Katoru was prodding her with the staff while Aislinna was trying to pull her up and off the sofa.
“Rayleena! If you don’t get off that sofa now and meet the students I will make you do up downs until the band has the entire show memorized.” Genkai yelled at her. Rayleena jumped up and saluted Genkai.
“Yes ma’am!” She shouted, obviously afraid of having to do these ‘up downs’.
“Good, now that you’re up these are the new students. This is Hiei, Kuronue, and Kurama. Hiei and Kuronue will be in the band, Aislinna you are in charge of Hiei and Rayleena you are in charge of Kuronue. Katoru, you will be in charge of Kurama but he’s only the equipment lackey and roadie.” Genkai said, motioning to each detective when she introduced them. Rayleena smirked and swaggered right up to Kuronue.
“Genkai told me you play Timpani. That’s good because here’s the music and we start our sectional in 20 minutes. I expect a good site reading from you.” She said, stretching as she left the room.
“Genkai also told me you play Tenors but can dance. You won’t be going to the Drum Line sectional but instead I and you are going to go work on lifts and I’ll start teaching you the show choreography.” Aislinna said, taking Hiei’s hand and leading him off. Genkai smiled at Katoru and nodded.
“I’ll leave you alone to let Kurama know what the expectations as equipment lackey and roadie are.” She said, leaving them alone. There was an awkward silence after everyone had left them alone.
“So what exactly am I going to be doing for this band?” Kurama asked, trying to make it sound as if he had been an equipment lackey and roadie before.
“Well, all you do is help Rayleena load and unload the trailer before and after football games and competitions and occasionally let the band know what we need to retrace or work on musically.” Katoru said with a shrug. Kurama nodded, he was going to have to ask Genkai what ‘retrace’ meant later.
“So how about we go and see if your friends need help or saving from your sister?” Kurama asked. Katoru nodded and lead Kurama out a back door where the sound of Rayleena yelling at Kuronue could already be heard from the football field. Katoru sighed and started heading towards the field and all Kurama could do was follow and notice that Katoru did have quite a nice ass.
AN(lolitad0ll*that‘s me but on fanfiction): So some of the band terms like junk yard and retrace may be confusing but their self explanatory. Junk yard is where all unused and unloved equipment goes and retrace is when the marching band has redo their previous set if they mess up. The random drum noise is what happens when Drum Line is excused and they decide to play and Thank You Sir is what the marching band says to the band director/drum major when they are excused.
^^ hope you all liked chapter two and Reviews would be awesome sauce!~