Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Fire ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Just in case anyone is confused, Dekage is blind. In the daytime she can see a little bit but at night she is completely blind. And because of her ice demon blood, her eye sight will continued to worsen until she is completely blind at all times. She mostly uses her ice power so when she uses her dormant fire power - which is on rare occasions - she'll be able to make out something's.
 
Anyway I hope I didn't confuse you. If I did please tell me and I'll try to explain it better. Oh well on with the story. ^_^
 
Chapter 1
 
“What do you want with us?” Dekage demanded through her growls, once the sound of footsteps resumed coming closer again. Keeping her head turned in the direction she heard feet hitting the ground, making it look as if she was looking at them. She felt the air around Hiei shift uneasily as he moved his weight from foot to foot. Dekage also realized that now the air was void of sound - minus the sound of the forest creature and the breaths of the demon in front of them - meaning the demons that were approaching them had stopped.
 
“We've been hired to bring in new, young workers,” the lead demon explained casually, his voice was laced with boredom. Both young demons growled at his answer. “Ah, you two may not like it but that's too bad. You're already bought and paid for.”
 
“We are not possessions! We will not be bought nor sold as such!” Hiei spat venomously, the whites of his eyes bled red as his anger flared dangerously, as well as his energy.
 
“There's no reason to get upset, now,” his voice was full of amusement. “We'll catch you one way or another. It would be easier for all of us if you didn't' put up a fight now.”
 
“Hn,” Hiei grunted, not dropping from his defensive stance, as the air around he turned from uneasiness to nervousness. The only reason Hiei hadn't run was because Dekage couldn't and he wasn't about to leave her.
 
“Get him, leave the girl.” The order rang through the silent forest. The lead demon's lackeys swiftly moved in, circling the dark clothed child with the katana in his grip.
 
Growling deep in his chest, Hiei lunged at the closed demon, slashing at him with his blade. The golden colored cat demon caught the blade easily in his clawed hand before it could come in contact with his body, breaking it in two; taking his other hand he grabbed Hiei by the throat. Lifting him off the ground another demon came and grabbed his arms, as a third tied his hands together.
 
“Now who's the tough one around here hybrid?” the cat demon taunted in amusement, digging his sharp claws into Hiei tender skin so blood started trickling down his neck and onto his chest, dampening his shirt. The demon then throw Hiei's small figure away - smirking when a sickening crack was heard as the petite body hit a tree - and cleaned his claws with his tongue, tasting the warm red liquid on them. “You may be a hybrid, but your blood is appetizing.”
 
In response, Hiei growled, trying to stand, doing his best to ignore the pain in his now shattered arm and his several broken ribs.
 
While that was happening to Hiei, Dekage was trying her best to reach him,, but one, or several of the demons - she couldn't tell - wouldn't allow her to get close. Their quick movements were making her nauseous and disoriented - making her want to vomit.
 
“What's wrong, hybrid?” a smooth voice asked. Sounding as if the was right in front of her, she jumped slightly and moved back, pinning herself against a tree. “What's this?” Dekage felt a rough hand grasp her roughly under the chin, forcing her face up upwards. “That's interesting, you're blind. I could have sworn you weren't, by the way you demanded information earlier, you were looking straight at me…” the male demon pondered, confusion laced not only in his voice but in his aura too. “Oh well, it doesn't concern me.” With that decide Dekage felt some rope go around her wrist, binding her hands together.
 
^_^_^_^_^_^_^
 
They'd been walking for hours now. Both children were getting tired, having not slept that night and they were also hungry for they had not eaten since yesterday morning. Hiei limped slightly, only grunting in pain when one of their captors pulled on the rope that connected to the hands or when he stepped the wrong way. They made no complaints though, knowing it wouldn't do them any good, and if anything it would make things worst.
 
“Are you going to be okay Hiei?” Dekage asked in a whispered voice, making sure it only reached his ears, when she felt her friend nearly fall from the last tug on the rope. They really weren't tugs at all, they were more like jerks and did they weren't ready for them, they'd more likely then not would have pulled their arms right out of their sockets.
 
They were walking next to each other with the other demons surrounding them. Dekage could feel that the demons where confident that they wouldn't try to escape, seeing as Hiei was hurt and Dekage's blindness.
 
When Hiei didn't answer her, she moved closer to him, brushing her side against his good one, trying to give what little comfort she could. She sensed him relax somewhat at her nearness and wanted to smile, but hide it, knowing it would attract too much attention.
 
After that, they walked in silence. There was also no more jerking on the rope or pushing or kicking, yelling, running or threatening - which both Hiei and Dekage quietly thanked. The two children were breathing heavy now, but they had gotten use to the steady but quick pace at which they were led. They started to relax, as fatigue started settling on their small frames. After a few minutes of letting their bodies relax, Dekage felt tension build in the rope once more.
 
“Brace…” she didn't get a chance to finish her whispered warning before the rope snapped forward, catching both children off guard by the force alone. Even with herself braced, Dekage found herself stuggled to keep her balance.
 
Hiei had heard the beginning of her warning, but there wasn't enough time for him to react. He felt the rope jerk hard, sending him to the ground as it dislocated both his shoulders. Whimpers escaped his lips as he rolled around on the ground, trying to get the pain to stop.
 
Instantly, Dekage drop to the ground beside him, trying to get him to stop thrashing. After a few minutes she somehow got her arms around his body and held him close to her chest, growling at the ones who where laughing at them. Before Dekage could do or say anything the laugher stopped, and the area that they where in became deadly quiet - minus the whimpers and growls coming from the two children.
 
Dekage growled definitely as she felt the leader of the group moving towards them. She swung her claws up as best as she could with them tied together and having Hiei in her arms, as she felt the demon's hand reach towards them. The warm liquid on her claws accompanied by a metallic smell, told her she got what she wanted and she allowed a cocky smirk to grace lips. She braced herself for a hit that never came.
 
“Which one of you did this to the boy?” Dekage lavender eyes widened slightly with surprise that he hadn't hit her for scratching him but also for the fact he'd called his own men about their treatment?
 
“I'll ask this one last time, which one of you did this to the boy?” their leaders voice was demanding, one that could not be ignored.
 
“I did, sir,” a timid voice spoke up. “We were just having some fun with them.” He was pleading his case ineffectively. Just as he finished his sentence, an enormous energy surged forward and a pain filled scream was heard, before the timidly speaking demon was no more.
 
Dekage buried her face into Hiei's neck - unmindful of his wounds - as she tried escape from the painful scream that came from the lesser demon as its leader took his life, using him as an example of his dominance over the group that stood around him. The scent of blood hung heavily in the air as Dekage buried her sensitive nose into Hiei neck, only find blood slowly trickling down his throat.
 
Withdrawing enough to examine at the wound on the scarlet-eyed demon's throat, she carefully began to clean the small puncture wounds with her tongue, allowing the healing part of her poison in her saliva to heal the wounds. Only when the small wounds where healed completely, did she noticed she wasn't by herself any longer. Dekage wiped her head around, feeling the lead demon sitting beside her she growled warningly, tightening her hold on her injured friend.
 
 
Author's Note: Like it? Hate it? Disagree with it or found something wrong? Confuse? Please tell me *Puppy eyes*. I will not tolerate flames, but bluntness I can handle. Flamer beware!!! Anyway leave review while you exit. Thank you. Oh, and if I don't get any review I have tendency to forget about updating, so if you want me to update I suggest you leave your review on the way out. Bye for now. ^_^