Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Fire ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Hello! Head up... this chap is a short one.
 
Chapter 4
 
Hiei woke to be greeted by darkness - night had fallen. A cocky smirk graced his lips as an evil gleam made its way into his eyes. It was pay back time and he saw just the weapon he'd use.
 
There - laying several yards off - was a fire pit with dieing coals that could easily be brought back to life with the right help. First though, he'd have to make sure no one was awake - not they would be able to stop him anyway. Using his senses he felt only four sleeping forms surrounding the dieing fire. Easily he found another being near the edge of the clearing that they were in - no doubt as a guard but he too was in a light sleep. There was only one being he could not find and he was guessing that it was Bonsuese. Hiei guessed that the lead demon was far off - like all the other times he had left.
 
The smirk on Hiei's face broadened as he found all occupants asleep. Turning his crimson eyes onto the softly dieing ambers he forced them into life. This life, however, was different from it previous one. Instead of having a warm, caring orange-red glow that was could be tamed by the stones around it, it had a blackish-purple color that danced with wanted destruction - that at the moment was tamed only by Hiei's gaze and concentration.
 
As the flames grew bigger and darker Hiei's gaze near wavered - he dare not even blink. A gleam of amusement lit crimson eyes as the flames started to separate - into what seemed to be small serpents - and headed towards the slumbering `guards' that where there. The flaming serpents soon found themselves in striking range - Hiei found himself struggling to control all his `beasts', but that didn't matter. Now, that didn't matter, for he was going to release his serpents so they may do as they please the being that were laid out before them.
 
Once he completely released control, he heard the surprised and pain filled yelps of the men as his `pets' played and chuckled to himself. He stopped after a moment, a look of misery on his face. Hiei knew the attack wouldn't kill anyone, yes, they would be sore and burned for a few weeks, but someday he promised himself that this, and many more of his attacks would do more than what this one just did.
 
He sighed, he had more to worry about right now, and tomorrow's punishment was one of them. `It worth it though', Hiei finally decided before burying his face in Dekage's black mane, letting her snowy day scent calm him. He would need his rest if he were going to face what ever it was he was going to get tomorrow.
 
Taking another deep breath - letting Dekage's scent wash over him - he felt a very amused Bonsuese enter the clearing. Hiei was curious, but he quietly dismissed the feeling and forced himself into a light sleep that quickly became deeper.
 
Author's Note: Like? Hate? Confuse? Or just whatever... tell me. Well, see ya. Please leave your review on the way out. Bye ^_^