Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"You're my sunshine after the rain
You're the cure against my fear and my pain
'Cause I'm losing my mind when you're not around
It's all, (it's all) it's all because of you."
-Because of You, 98 Degrees

Chapter 4

Hiei

I run through the Makai, keeping away from Mukuro's territory. She would sense me and find me. And stop me from dying. My heart feels heavy. I want to die. In death perhaps I can be with Kurama. I hope, as if hope has ever done me any good.

I head toward Koorime territory. They will give me a swift death. They have been trying to kill me for years, ever since my birth. I will give them what they want, for I don't have the strength of will to kill myself anymore.

I feel Yukina's grief through the link between us. But I also feel her acceptance. She understands that I cannot go on living without Kurama. I am grateful for her understanding and I hope that she can live without me.

We had gone to the Minamino family's funeral. Well...the others did. I sat in a tree nearby. I shouldn't have gone at all. It just finalized Kurama's death, hearing people talk about him in the past tense and seeing people cry over his death. It was then that I stopped wanting to live.

I haven't eaten or slept since the funeral. I can't eat, because, when I try to, I remember all of the meals my fox and I ate together. And I realize that that will never happen again. I can't sleep because, whenever I close my eyes, I see him burning to death. Not that it matters...I see the same scene with my eyes open now. If this keeps up, I'll go insane...

And even worse, I can't even remember his face. I know his eyes, and his hair, but I can't see the rest of his face. And I don't have a picture of him. He tried to give me one many times, but I wouldn't take one. I could see him anytime I wanted. Why have a picture? Now I wish I had one.

I reach a tree in the middle of Koorime territory and sit, waiting for death to claim me. The irony hits me. I was born here, and I will die here, yet I never lived here. I start to think about Kurama.

How could this have happened? We had promised to be together forever, not thinking that even death could separate us. We were wrong. Bitterness surrounds me. Every promise that has ever been made to me has been broken. And this is the worse one yet.

I sit there in, wrapped in my misery for a long time. Suddenly I sense another youki. I look up and see a Koorime guard staring at me. I jump to the ground. "You! You are the Forbidden Child!" she accuses.

I only nod. She pulls out a sword. I pull out my katana. She smiles, probably looking forward to the fight. Then I do something she doesn't expect. I throw my weapon to the ground beside me, and just stand there, my arms at my sides, waiting for her to kill me.

She just stares at me. "You...you aren't going to fight?" I shake my head. She growls and lunges at me. I smile. I am going to die. Then she does something that I don't expect. She hits me in the head with the flat of her sword. Before I black out, she laughs. "Fool!! I'll get promoted for capturing the Forbidden Child! We'd much rather torture you to death."

As I'm blacking out I say softly, "I don't care." And I don't...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuso. I've got writer's block...What a predicament...