Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracle you can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe"
-When You Believe, Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston

Chapter 7

Kuwabara

I know that the shrimp must be dead by now. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I'll miss him. But I'm mad at him. Yukina is grieving. She cries all the time, and has a hard time sleeping. Her appetite is gone, but she forces herself to eat.

Yuusuke's much the same. I don't know why, but I think he blames himself for Hiei's disappearance. I need to ask him why, but not right now.

I watch the news every day, seeing if the police have found out the cause of that fire. Today, I see that they have.

Apparently, Kurama witnessed the assassination of the American Prime Minister to Japan. Evidently, the assassins decided to pick off the only witness to the crime. The fire was started after the Minamino's were knocked out by some sort of gas. I can't believe it. Kurama was murdered.

I know that Kurama and Hiei were...well...intimate, and I feel sorry for the shrimp. He was there when the house was burning and he had been the one to put out the blaze. I actually understand why he was so depressed. Fire had killed Kurama and he wields...er...wielded fire. In a way, he must've felt that he had killed Kurama.

It is night now. Yukina is up and crying in the other room. Yuusuke is sitting in the corner where Hiei sat for so many nights, brooding. I walk over to him and sit in front of him. "What's wrong?" I ask. Yuusuke's my best friend, and I'm worried about him.

He looks away. "Nothing."

"Bull. I know you too well. You're blaming yourself for the shrimp leaving. Why?"

He flinches. "I...I was badgering him. I told him to stop felling sorry for himself. I made him feel guilty for Yukina. That's why he left." He looks up at me. "It is my fault."

I can't believe that he would blame himself for that. I sigh. "Yuusuke, don't. He would've done it anyway. You couldn't stop him. It's not your fault. He wanted to die."

Yuusuke looks away again. "I know. That's what's getting to me." He sighs. "The team...it's gone..."

I nod. I wish that it wasn't true, but it is. We've lost two of our team. "At least we didn't have to watch him kill himself," I say softly.

Yuusuke nods. "I still wonder how he died..." I sigh. We'll never know. And it's probably better that we don't. "I'll miss him."

I nod. "Me too..." Yukina is still crying in the other room. I hope we can get over this loss...