Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"Make me cry...
These tears of pearls"
-Tears of Pearls, Savage Garden

Chapter 6

Hiei

I am expecting to wake up in a Koorime dungeon, covered in wards, and awaiting torture. I am surprised to wake up in my fox's arms. I just stare at him for a long time, too shocked to do anything. Then I pull him close and do something I have rarely done in my life. I begin to cry. But not from sorrow. From joy. It is such a relief to feel his arms around me again. "Kurama..." I whisper. "...I thought..." I don't finish the sentence. I thought he was dead.

He pulls me close. "Hiei..." he says. "I'm so sorry." My tear gems clatter to the floor and I feel him flinch. "Hiei, don't..." But I am. And I can't stop. And I come to realize that he is also crying.

After a few minutes, I am able to control myself. "Where are we?" I ask. I know that we must be dead, but this certainly isn't the Reikai.

"Let me explain," he says. "We're not dead." I am confused. The Koorime must have killed me. And I saw Kurama's body with my own eyes. "I saw an important ningen get killed, and the killers tried to kill me. My family and I were saved by two ningens whose jobs are to protect witnesses. They made it look like we were dead by putting bodies that resembled us into the house and burning it down. Then they took us to America so the murderers wouldn't think I was alive. I couldn't contact you, or anyone else. I'm so sorry..."

I can't believe it. "But...I saw your body. I saw them take it from the house!" I whisper, replaying the horrible scene in my head. I shudder and force the image away.

I hear him gasp and he pulls me closer. "I came as soon as I could. I'm so sorry you had to go through that," he says. I nod and try to tell him that it's okay, but I start to cough. His hold loosens. "You haven't taken care of yourself!" He is teasing me. I have missed that.

I flinch, remembering Yukina. I feel guilty for leaving her. "They...they think I'm dead."

Kurama kisses me gently, then hands me a plate of food. "Eat," he orders me. I do, practically forcing myself to do so for his benefit, then lean against him tiredly. He lays me down on the bed and covers me with blankets. "Sleep," he says softly. I know that I will be able to, now that I know that he is alive. Now that I know that he didn't burn to death in that fire, I hope that I will finally be able to sleep.

Someone suddenly knocks on the door. "Shu-er...Kurama? Are you okay?" I stare at Kurama. His mother just called him by his youko name.

Kurama turns off the music. I had not even noticed that any was on. "Hai, Okaasan. I ate already, and I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Goodnight," he replies.

"Konbanwa," the ningen calls. I hear her walk down the hall.

I look at my fox, confused. "Kurama..?

He smiles at me. "We had to change our names. I picked Kurama."

I snort, amused. "Not much of a change."

The fox's smile grows larger. "I kinda like it. Now I can use my true name around my family."

I roll my eyes and turn over. "Hn. Stupid fox." I feel better. It feels like old times, to be with Kurama again, and to listen to his foreplay. For three weeks I thought he was dead. I never realized how much I love him until now. I am almost asleep when I feel him slip under the blankets to curl around me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what to say...my mind just went blank...So, since I know you all hate listening to my insane rambling...NEXT CHAPTER!!