Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I wish I could be
I can fly higher than an eagle
When you are the wind beneath my wings"
-Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler

Chapter 10

Hiei

It's been three months since Kurama `died', and the American bimbos finally found the people who tried to kill my fox. The trial was pretty funny. I watched it through a window. When Kurama came into the courtroom, one of the men stood up and said, "You're dead! We killed you!" The trial didn't take very long after that...

The killers were sentenced to the death penalty, but I decided to do the ningens a favor. The murderers `mysteriously' lost their heads. I enjoyed myself with that job. Instead of killing them right away, I toyed with them. I got yelled at for that one by Kurama. He...forgave...me later though...

Kurama and his family are finally going back to Japan. As am I, but I have to go through the Makai...and Koorime territory...to get there. Kurama's kind of nervous about that...and I guess I am a little too.

For the first week that I was in America, all I did was sleep and eat...and, occasionally...play...at Kurama's insistence, of course. I am angry at myself for letting my body get so out-of-shape though.

I watch my fox leave from the roof of the building that we stayed in. According to Kurama, the FBI made sure that no one touched his apartment while we were gone. And they even rebuilt the Minamino house and supplied new furniture and appliances and stuff. Kurama was happy about that.

After they leave, I run to the gate. Kurama showed me the way once, and I remembered it well. I run as fast as I can once I go through it, and I am soon past Koorime territory. Then I hurry to the gate that leads to Japan.

Yukina greets me happily as I leave the gate. I stay at Genkai's for a few hours, until I'm sure Kurama is back. Then I run to his apartment. He lets me in through the window. He looks happy to be home. I share his feelings. Now I don't have to hide all day.

For the first time in months, we eat dinner together. I realize for the first time that I can comfortably call Kurama's apartment `home'. I have never really felt that secure in any one place. My place is in the Ningenkai with Kurama.

We are only home a few days when we are called for Reikai Detective work. Another demon crossed the gate into the Ningenkai and is killing humans. The usual thing. Only this one is looking for a specific human. A half-youko human to be precise. He's looking for Kurama.

We find him near the city. His appearance has scared away all the ningens. I won't go into specifics...

Kurama changes to his youko form. I pull out my katana and surround it with black Makai fire, and Kuwabara pulls out his rei ken. Yuusuke clenches his fists. We're all ready to fight.

"So, Kurama, we meet again!" the hideous creature snarls. "Now I'll kill you."

Kurama smiles coldly. "I think not." He calls up plant creatures and sends them toward the demon, who disintegrates them with a yellow light. The demon retaliates by sending blasts of light toward Kurama. My lover easily dodges them.

Kuwabara and I attack at the same time on different sides of the demon. We score some hits, then drop back as the beast begins to lose his temper. He sends out dozens of blind shots. Yuusuke and Kuwabara drop to the ground, as do I. Kurama dodges some of the bolts, then drops to the ground as well.

The demon runs at us. We dodge. He sends a few dozen blasts of light toward Kurama. I know Kurama won't be able to dodge all of them! I can't watch him die again! I jump in front of my lover, and take the blows myself...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True love...Awww...He's saving Kurama's life...How sweet...