Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"No words describe a [lover's] tears
No words can heal a broken heart
A dream is gone"
-Two Worlds, Phil Collins

Chapter 11

Kurama

I dodge the blasts that my enemy sends toward me with some difficulty. Suddenly, Hiei jumps in front of me, and is blown back against me. There is a bright blue flash, and the demon disappears as Yuusuke's rei gan hits him. My fire demon sags against me. I look down at him and gasp. There is a horrible wound in his chest. The yellow light did some severe damage. "Hiei!"

"K-Kurama...?" I gently lower him to the ground. "I'm sorry, Kurama..."

Yuusuke and Kuwabara run over. "Oh, shit!" Yuusuke mumbles. "We'd better get him to Yukina!"

I nod and lift Hiei into my arms. He gasps weakly. "Put me down..." he moans.

I do and look at Yuusuke and Kuwabara. "Get Yukina and bring her here! Quickly!" They nod and run towards Genkai's temple at full speed. I look around. There aren't any ningens around yet, but I hear sirens in the distance and know that we'll have company soon. I look down at my lover. "Hiei, I need to move you before we get company." He nods and I lift him up. His face is a mask of pain. I move him away from the area of the fight, then put him down gently and change back to my human form. "Hiei, you're going to be okay..."

He shakes his head weakly and coughs, spattering blood everywhere. The wound in his chest is bleeding profusely. "Kurama..." I bend closer to hear his weak voice. "...When I thought you died...the biggest thing that got to me...was not being able to say goodbye...At least you have that chance..." he gasps.

My heart sinks as I realize what he's saying. I hold him tightly. "No...Hiei...You're not going to die." I kiss him gently. "Yukina will be here soon. Just hold on!" I feel tears run down my cheeks.

His breathing is shallow. "Kurama...I'm sorry..."

"Hiei...Why did you have to jump in front of me?" I sob.

"...couldn't...watch you...die again..." A single black tear gem falls to the ground. "...sorry...Kurama..." He is having a hard time breathing now.

"...Hiei..." I hold him close. Moments later, his eyes glaze over. His face is froze in a look of pain. I desperately feel for any youki coming from him and find nothing. "Noo!!" I sob and hug his body tightly. He's dead...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww...I killed him...excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep...I feel so horrible...