Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this stark, cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You were pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here"
-Angel, Sarah McLachlan

Chapter 12

Hiei

I watch as my lover screams in denial. But he can't change it. I'm dead. I move toward him and stand right in front of him. But he can't see me. He is holding my body tightly, sobbing. I reach out my hand to brush his tears away. But I find that I can't. My hand passes right through his face.

That's when I discover that spirits can't cry...

Yuusuke, Kuwabara, and Yukina appear from the forest. I jump out of the way as my sister runs to my body and falls to her knees, crying. Yuusuke walks right through me to kneel beside my body as well. He closes my eyes, then his own, and begins to cry too. Even Kuwabara is crying. I feel guilty for causing them this sorrow...

As I watch, Yukina heals the wound in my chest. I try to jump back into my body so I can brush away Kurama's tears. But my body...my own body...repels me!!

Boton appears beside me suddenly, making me jump. "Why can't I go back?!" I demand angrily.

She looks at me sadly. "You're dead, Hiei-san. Gomen nasai." I desperately try to get into my body again. And fail again. Boton puts a hand on my shoulder. I wrench away from her. "Come on, Hiei-san. Time to go."

I snarl at her as she tries to pull me onto her oar. "I'm not going anywhere, dammit!!"

The ferry-girl frowns at me. "Hiei-san...There's nothing you can do. After you're reincarnated, you can find him. But right now you can't talk to him."

I sigh. She's right. I resignedly jump up on the oar, watching sadly as Yuusuke, Kuwabara, Yukina, and Kurama stand and carry my body away. "Let's go," I mumble.

* * *

Koenma stares at me. He's in his infant form and sucking on his pacifier. In any other situation I would be laughing at him. But not this time. "You aren't supposed to be dead!!" he yells in outrage.

I'm the one who should be outraged. And I am. I jump up on the desk and glare at him, about two inches from his face. "Then why the fuck am I?!"

I'm only vaguely satisfied when he flinches. "Well...how did you die?"

I snarl angrily at the idiotic demi-god. "I jumped in front of Kurama when..." I trail off as I think of something disturbing. My eyes narrow. If he says what I think he's going to say, I'll destroy the entire Reikai! I try to grab Koenma's shirt in my fist, but my hand passes right through him.

The demi-god watches me, sweating nervously. "Um...that's why...Kurama was supposed to die..."

I explode and try to rip him apart. But I can't touch him. Damn. That's too bad. He's still frightened though. I then tell him what I'll do to him when I can touch him. By the end of my tirade, George, Boton, and Koenma are cowering fearfully in a corner. I smile evilly at them and they cringe. It's probably a good thing that Koenma's wearing diapers...

Then I sit in Koenma's comfortable chair and put my feet on his desk. "So...what are we going to do about me being dead?" I ask casually.

Koenma flinches again. "Well...I...don't exactly know yet..."

I glower at him. "Well you better as hell figure something out, because if you don't, I'm going to make your life-" I break off and glare at Boton, who eeps in fear and hides behind George, "-lives hell!!"

The spirit lord flinches again. "Well...we could bring you back after five days like we did with Yuusuke..."

"Hn...Five days in hell...I suppose I could put up with that..." Koenma sighs in relief.

Boton speaks up, peering at me cautiously from behind George. "First we have to stop them from burying your body..." I snort, amused by her idiocy. Obviously we wouldn't want them to bury my body! "That means that you have to appear to one of them in a dream. Which one?"

I think about that. It would have to be either Kurama or Yukina, though I'd prefer to go to both of them...

Koenma glances at me. "Let him have two."

He's trying to bribe me, in hope that I won't take my anger out on him. I suppose I can restrain myself from, say...destroying the entire Reikai...

"Kurama and Yukina," I say immediately.

The annoying blue-haired imp smiles at me. "Okay then, let's go!!"