Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Hate ❯ A Sacrifice ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love and Hate- Chapter 6: "A Sacrifice"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH.

Notes: I have no idea how I'm going to pull this off but I'm going to give it my best shot.

@~@~@~@~@~@

Kuwabara, in attempts to free the Koorime maiden, dashed for the pillar. "No!" Zurui sent a small blast soaring at Kuwabara. The redhead was struck in the side knocking him to the ground. "Kuwabara!" Yukina cried ripping at her bonds once more. Zurui approached Kuwabara and lifted him off the ground by his neck. "What have we here? A pest, a bug in my plan." Kuwabara fought for air and grabbed the huge hand holding him. "Damn you! Leave Yukina alone!" Kuwabara was thrown to the ground, nearly skidding off the edge of the floor and tumbling into the open space. "I won't have my revenge ruined."

Yusuke burst out into the sunlight, Kurama supporting Hiei at his side (Botan went for help). "How in hell are we going to get up there?!" Yusuke asked irritably. He pointed to the window. "I think I can be of use here." Kurama said. Yusuke supported Hiei as Kurama studied the wall. From the pouch at his waist, Kurama drew out a seed. "Grow, Fuyouka Shokubutsu (Floating Plant)!" The plant sprouted in what looked like wings. Attaching it to his back, Kurama yelled out to the others. "Come closer! The vines will hold you until we reach the chamber. We can't go through the window so we'll have to use the `sunroof'." Hiei and Yusuke came closer and as soon as they were within a foot of the plant, vines wrapped around their waists lifting them with the plant. "Going up!" Yusuke laughed.

A strong blow sent Kuwabara into a pillar, destroying it. "Oh dear, I forgot how delicate humans are. I'm sorry." Zurui exclaimed and then burst out laughing. Kuwabara staggered to his feet. "Shut up you bastard! I don't need your sympathy!" In each hand, Kuwabara formed a rei-ken for his twin blade attack. Charging at Zurui, Kuwabara noticed something. Right behind him were Yusuke, and Kurama. In the corner, Hiei was untying Yukina. "About time you guys showed up." Kuwabara yelled. "Hey, we didn't want you to have too much fun." Yusuke laughed. Kuwabara struck Zurui right in the shoulder with his sword and Yusuke and Kurama broke off to the sides. Zurui staggered backwards. "So, do you have anymore tricks up your sleeve." Hiei clenched his fist. "Other than killing you." Hiei said with a growl. Yukina rubbed her numb wrists. "We'll see." Zurui muttered slyly. The Koorime maiden ran to Kuwabara but was grabbed by Zurui's swift hand. "No! Yukina!" Kuwabara reached out to grab Yukina but missed. "Hiei, don't you remember our deal? You life," The demon leader produced the Sword of Sorrow from its sheath. "Or hers…" he laughed laying the sword's blade across Yukina neck.

Hiei grunted crossly at the decision. Lowering his katana he stepped forward. "Let Yukina go and my life is yours." Kuwabara watched as Hiei stepped closer, excepting himself as a sacrifice. "No! Hiei!" Yukina struggled to pull away from Zurui but he kept a strong hold on her neck. Zurui smiled. "Fool! That's what makes you weaker than me! The fact that you have love." He threw Yukina to the ground and she landed in a heap. "Yukina!" Kuwabara helped her up and backed away from the demon. Hiei shed his eyes downward. "Finally," Zurui laughed raising the blade. "My revenge is complete!" "No!"

Bracing himself for the worst Hiei soon realized that he felt no pain. There was a scream and a yelp that made Hiei look up. Kuwabara had run in front of Hiei, his arms spread apart. Blood stained Hiei's black shirt as Kuwabara fell over, the slice to his chest bleeding furiously. "Kuwabara! No!" Yukina sobbed running over. Hiei's eyes widened as Kuwabara looked up at Hiei with a smile. "I couldn't let you go and do that you shrimp." Hiei smiled. "You bastard!" Yusuke yelled running forward. Kurama and Hiei followed him in the attack as Yukina bent over her fallen hero.

Botan flew in, leaping off of her oar and collapsing it into the palm of her hand. "Oh my god! Yukina, what happened?" Yukina looked up, her tear-gem landing on the floor with a ping. "Hiei was giving…his life for mine and…" She wiped her eyes. "Kuwabara…he got in the way…" Suddenly her sorrow turned to anger. She slammed her fist on the ground. "Oh Kuwabara, why did I bring you into this? Why couldn't I just…just have lied and said I didn't love you. Then you wouldn't be hurt…" Botan laid a hand on Yukina's shoulder. "I'm sorry Yukina but you realize that Kuwabara will die from his wounds. None have ever survived a wound from the Sword of Sorrow." Yukina's hands dropped to her side in despair but she felt a hand grab her own. "I wouldn't have wanted you to lose your brother, the one you've been searching for Yukina, and I wouldn't want to lose you. As for not bringing me into this, I would have rather died with your love then lived without it." Yukina looked down realizing that Kuwabara had regained consciousness. Botan smiled laying a hand on Kuwabara's forehead. "He's fighting the poison. But, I'm not sure how long he can keep this up!"

Yusuke put down his hand from the last Spirit gun and stood, tired and gasping for air. Kurama landed next to him, recoiling his rose whip. "He's strong. You can feel it just getting near him." Kurama panted. Yusuke nodded weakly as Hiei landed next to him. "You damn bastard!" Hiei removed his headband and his Jagan opened revealing its beautiful lavender color. "Hmm, an evil eye. This shall be interesting!" Zurui laughed. Hiei shot a beam that gazed past Zurui's shoulder before he could pull away. "Not bad but I will not let my guard down again." Hiei launched forward, his katana raised and his eyes redder and meaner then anyone had ever seen then.

Zurui jumped and Hiei bounced off the pillar, ready to come back for him. "Am I too fast for you?" Zurui laughed looking back at Hiei. The strange thing was, Hiei wasn't there! "What! He can't be!" Hiei appeared in front of the demon leader. "Not a bit." The katana gashed Zurui's shoulder with such force that he smacked into a pillar demolishing it instantly. Hiei landed and smile triumphantly.

From under the pile of rubble, Zurui emerged, his cloak torn and bloodied. "Heh, Hiei, did you think you could get rid of me so easily?" Hiei turned around, taken aback. Botan bit her lip. "It's not over yet." Letting out a sigh, Hiei smiled. "There's only one thing left to do." He said with a smirk. Yusuke and Kurama, even the girls and Kuwabara, looked up as Hiei's bandage on his right arm burned off revealing his tattoo of a long, black dragon.

"He's going to do the Black Dragon Wave!" Yukina gasped. "Hiei! You'll only destroy us too!" Yusuke yelled backing up to where Kuwabara and the girls were. Kurama backed up too. Having collected enough spirit energy, Hiei fired at the terrified demon. As the black smoke swept over them, Yukina felt someone get up. The smoke near the group cleared and Kuwabara stood up, half hunched over his wound, using his experimental sword and rei-ken to create a shield. "Go for it Hiei!" he yelled weakly. Hiei nodded and looked at Zurui and smiled. "I'll see you in hell Zurui." The three black dragons emerged from Hiei's palm and brought their wrath down on the ruthless demon leader. Zurui screamed in agony as the flames devoured him.

Hiei dropped to his knees as the smoke cleared. His energy had been drained and he smiled lying down to a well-deserved sleep. "We got him good…" he muttered before slipping into a deep sleep. Kuwabara nodded and fell over in pain. Kurama retrieved Hiei and they crowded around Kuwabara.

"No, Kuwabara…" Yukina sobbed holding his hand tightly. "The poisons are over coming him… I don't know… I don't know if he'll last much longer…" Botan said with angst. Kuwabara smiled painfully and held his hand to Yukina's cheek. "A sad face like that doesn't suit you Yukina…" he muttered. Yukina smiled as the tears kept flowing from her eyes. Kuwabara's hand fell limp and his eyes shut. Yukina felt her body quiver in sorrow as she embraced Kuwabara. "No! You can't go!" Yusuke laid a hand on his friends shoulder and smiled. "You did good buddy. You really did…"