Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Carrot ❯ The beginning of a tale which should have been left untold ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chap. 1
How it all began...(the ordinary beginning of a tale...)
Once there was an ordinary city, in which there lived an ordinary boy in an ordinary house. One ordinary day, the ordinary boy ate an ordinary carrot. Then something extra-ordinary happened. There was an ordinary knock on the door and the ordinary boy walked to the ordinary door and opened it. There stood an ordinary looking girl with green hair. The ordinary boy fell in love with her at once and invited her in. The girl was grateful and walked in, admiring all of the ordinary decorations inside of the ordinary house. But all of this was ordinary. The only thing un-ordinary about this scene is that the ordinary looking girl wasn't as ordinary as she seemed...
* * *
The girl introduced herself to the ordinary boy. "My name is Yukina." she stated matter-of-factly. "And I have come to give you your mission."
The ordinary boy raised his eyebrows. "Mission?"
"Yes. We have chosen you as a scout leader."
"We? Scout leader?!" the boy's eyebrows were just about coming off of his head.
Yukina stared at him, almost as confused as the boy. "You are Kazuma Kuwabara-san, right?"
The boy nodded.
"Well, someone was supposed to come here before, to explain this all to you." the girl sighed and put a hand to her forehead. "She forgot again!"
There was a knock at the door at the time. Kazuma got up to answer it. Opening the door, he almost got run over by a strange girl riding an oar. "I'm sorry I'm late!" she quickly ran over to Yukina and began begging forgiveness.
Kazuma had just begun to close the door when he saw a short, black-haired boy at his doorstep. He looked about ten years of age and the expression on his face was not a happy one. Kazuma stared down at him for a while and then moved from the doorway. "Well, aren't you coming in?"
The smaller boy glared at him. "I'll go in when I want to."
Kazuma leapt back about ten feet. He narrowed his already narrow eyes and looked the boy up and down. Then he scratched his head. "How old are you?!" he demanded, pointing his finger accusingly at the other boy.
The boy just continued to glare at him. Kazuma closed the door in the other boy's face.
"AHHHHH~! Why'd you do that!?" the girl on the oar asked him curiously.
She inched away from the door. "He's not going to like that..."
"But he was annoying!" Kazuma said accusingly.
The two girls sweatdropped as the door burned down and a very angry boy entered the room. He began to glare at the other boy once again. Kazuma sighed. "Do you always have to do that?"
The girls sweatdropped even more as the watched the smaller boy burn Kazuma up. Yukina got up and fetched some water. Pouring it on Kazuma, she said, "We'd better hurry up and explain to Kazuma-san. Enma-daioh can't be left waiting."
"Yep, yep." the other girl agreed, smiling. "I'm Botan, your guide." she explained when Kazuma regained consciousness.
"Guide? Guide to what?" Kazuma asked curiously.
"How do I explain this...well," she shrugged. "You've been chosen as a salad scout, um...the leader of the salad scouts...um, ah, oh well, I'll just say it right out. You are destined to become Sailor Carrot, the world's savior!"
The black-haired boy smirked.
"AHHHH~! You're too annoying!" Kazuma screamed at him. "Leave, you shrimp!"
The other boy just turned away, closed his eyes, and muttered, "Hn."
"Ahhhhh! I'm going to go insane!" Kazuma pulled at his own short hair, annoyed.
"Um," Botan tapped him on his back. "Did you even hear what I said?"
Kazuma turned. "Huh?"
Botan fell over.
"Oooh! About the Sailor Carrot thing? Yeah. But why me?" Kazuma said, suddenly remembering.
"Enma-daioh chose you for the job. Trust me, if I had the choice, I wouldn't have picked you."
"Oookay. Then what do I have to do?"
"Well, let's just try this out." Botan pulled out a carrot shaped pen-like object. "Take this and hold it up. Then say "Carrot Power, Make Up"!"
Kazuma did as he was told. All of a sudden, there were many carrots flying around everywhere. After the carrots disappeared, Kazuma was dressed in a lady's sailor outfit.
Botan sweatdropped and nudged Yukina. "You never told me that it'd be this scary..."
"I think it's cute." Yukina whispered back.
Botan took out a mirror and showed Kazuma his reflection. He sweatdropped.
"Well, as long as Yukina-san likes it..." he said hesitantly.
Botan went over to join the other boy. "Hiei," she started. "Shouldn't you tell him that you're her br--"
The boy put his katana to her throat. "You tell him or her, and you die."
"But it might make him leave you alone..."
"You will die."
"But," she said, smiling sheepishly, "If you tell him, then I don't have to die."
Hiei crossed his arms and answered stubbornly, "No."
"Why not?"
"Hn."
"That's an answer?"
"Hn." the boy took the sword away and vanished.
Botan sighed and turned back to the other two. Yukina was teaching Kazuma what his powers were and he was nodding to every word. About an hour later, Botan was yawning and falling asleep on the couch and Yukina was getting ready to leave. Hiei had returned and was trying to drag the half-asleep girl to her feet and off of the couch. He couldn't go back without the annoying girl for fear of Enma-daioh stepping on him. He stood impatiently waiting for the girl to get up. Botan said a quick good-bye and got onto her oar. Not long after the two left, Yukina was walking to the door also. But before she could get to it, a hand reached out and grabbed her, pulling her outside. Kazuma, still in his sailor outfit, rushed outside. There, an evil-looking boy of about his age was smirking. Kazuma hurriedly looked around.
"Where did you hide Yukina-san?" he asked.
The other boy continued to smirk. "Her?" he asked, pointing up to a figure tied on the roof of the now unordinary house.
"Yukina-san!" Kazuma began to climb up the ladder to the roof.
"Wait a minute. You're not going anywhere." the other boy said.
Putting his hands together, he yelled, "REI-GUN!"
Kazuma fell from the ladder onto the ground. "I am the great Sailor Carrot, and I will punish you, in the name of salad!" he threatened.
At that time, the two others were still on their way back to Enma-daioh. Hiei stopped abruptly and Botan looked back at him, cautiously trying to read his expression. "What happened? Is there something wrong?"
"Yukina." he stated matter-of-factly. "There's something wrong with Yukina. Something's happened to her."
"Yukina-chan..." Botan looked over to the direction where they had come from. "I hope she's okay..." * * *
The evil boy smirked. "Sailor Carrot. You can't defeat me. No one can defeat the almighty Urameshi Yusuke."