Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Carrot ❯ Grapes, Melons, and a Cabbage? ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chap. 7
When Ookubo looked at the girl once more, he saw a giant grape in her place. He shook his head, then blinked and looked again. Sure enough, the girl was nowhere to be found. He gaped at her, then yelled for help. She must have been someone from the Negafruit like it says in the Sailor Carrot mangas! I didn't think they really existed... he thought, then struggled to stand.
The grape wrapped its long vines around his throat and squeezed, until he could feel himself losing consciousness. Unknowing to him, a sign of a cabbage appeared on his forehead, then slowly vanished.
"Wait!" a voice cried out, and the lights in the room flickered off.
The grape dropped its prey and turned, confused.
A spotlight turned on and in it was Sailor Carrot!
"In the name of salad, I will punish you!" Sailor Carrot announced, leaping forward and using his carrot crash.
The grape dodged, and was greeted by a "Tomato Throw" attack. It flew across the room, and landed next to Sailor Carrot.
Sailor Tomato helped Ookubo to his feet and made sure he was all right, as Sailor Carrot tried to decide what to do next.
The red-head from before flew in at that moment in time, and she smiled, flashing perfectly white teeth. "Now, Sailor Carrot!"
"U...uh, yeah." Sailor Carrot narrowed his already-narrow-enough eyes and screamed, "Carrot Healing Escalation!"
The grape turned into a young green-haired girl who let out a sigh, then fell forward.
Kurama caught her, then took off, after throwing a rose at the ground next to Sailor Carrot.
"You'll be back, right?" Sailor Carrot cried out, "Will I ever see you again?" he asked, in an overly dramatic tone of voice.
Kurama nodded, then vanished out of the window.
The two Salad Scouts and even Ookubo were left with hearts in their eyes.
* * *
"Wai! Only two more Salad Scouts to go!" Botan exclaimed after finding out that Ookubo was, in fact, Sailor Cabbage.
Yukina gave him a cabbage-wand and told him how to use it.
Ookubo rubbed his eyes, hoping that it was all a dream, but then again hoping that it wasn't.
As Sailor Carrot and Sailor Tomato returned to their original forms, Ookubo couldn't help but stare. "Kuwabara-san...you were Sailor Carrot? Kirishima, Sailor Tomato?!" he looked about to faint.
Yukina rushed over to his aid, as soon as he did.
* * *
"Master, master, the Salad Scouts have saved yet another human from our fruits! (At least we know their identities now...)" a boy wearing a raincoat cried out in alarm.
"Again?" the Master let out a soft growl. "Maybe we shouldn't send out just the humans. It may be that we have to take action." he stepped out of the shadows, revealing a hideous looking yellow garb. He looked around the room, he had four others with him. He pointed at the smallest, a young boy that looked about nine years of age, and said, "This is your chance to show the others how strong you are. Go, and don't leave any of the Salad Scouts alive! We need to get rid of them before the other two are found!"
"Yes, sir!"
* * *
Before Kazuma and Kirishima could leave the karoke room, they heard a loud crash in the cabinet of supplies.
"What was that!?"
Botan and Yukina gulped, then took a hasty retreat to the farthest corner of the room.
"Sailor Carrot, I've come for your head!" a small boy with brown hair got out of the cabinet, snickering.
"Oh lookie, it's a little boy." Kazuma sweatdropped. "What are you talking about, anyways? You watch too much anime or read too many mangas?"
Amanoma glowered at him, grabbing a giant fruit from inside the cabinet. "I've got a melon," he threatened, "And I know how to use it! So don't make me."
Everyone else sweatdropped at the corny line.
"That was your warning!" he leapt up onto the table and shook the fruit in Kazuma's face. "Now transform or I'll kill you!"
"Great warning..." Kazuma said, under his breath. "Well, then, if you really wanted me to transform, you didn't have to do any threatning...you just have to attack." he stated.
"Fine!"
Kazuma found himself bombarded with about a million melons. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Owwwwwwww!" he grabbed his carrot wand as soon as a particularly large melon hit him in the head. "Carrot Power, Make up!"
Somewhere nearby, he could hear, "Tomato Power, Make up!"
Kazuma grinned as soon as the melons resided. "I dare you to try that move again, shrimp, this time there's no way I'll get hit!"
He got what he asked for.
But this time he treated the melons like volleyballs, hitting them back towards Amanoma. Whatever he missed was blocked by a bunch of carrots.
Amanoma finally stopped the shower of melons when the room began to get more than a bit messy. He glanced around quickly, then disappeared back into the cabinet. "I'll be back, that was just a mere greeting!"
"Uh, okay, then." Sailor Carrot untransformed and Kazuma did a little peace sign for the camera.
[Sailor Carrot says: Don't ever try using melons as volleyballs, they don't bounce very well.]