Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I guess I will do the disclaimer. I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters. Kakarot and her father are my characters. If I mention any characters from other Anime, I'll disclaim them then. Also, this story has NOTHING to do with Rurouni Kenshin or Dragonball Z. I just like the name Battousai and Kakarot so I used them.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
The only change on this chapter is the amount of years since Kurama has seen his sister. I've modified it so that the number will correspond with the age of his childhood self if he really is about 3,019 like he should be. Youko Kurama-3,000 years old; Shuiichi Minamino-19 years old
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Wow! I got reviews on Fanworks! I didn't think anyone would like my story because most of the stories that I've read have been very serious and I thought that I was too loose.
 
My first reviewer is …InTheDarkShadows! (throws Hiei plushy): Think of it this way: A bit of time has passed since the Makai Tournament so maybe Hiei and Yukina have had a growth spurt. Yes, it is kind of for the Battousai, my character. I like Hiei the size he is but my character isn't that small so I wanted to keep things even.
 
The second is reviewer is …Neko Of The Dark! (throws another Hiei plushy): Thanks! I've been busy so I haven't had too much time to come to Fanworks to upload another chapter.
 
The third reviewer is …Silkwing! (throws last Hiei plushy): Yes, we all love to annoy Hiei. Don't worry I've got the chapters. I just need to upload them when I get the chance.
 
Thanks! I've got most of this story and its MAYBE sequel planned out. I just need to figure out when to put what where. If some chapters suck, I'm sorry! I need to fill in some space to get things rolling! By the way Kuwabara's probably just going to be slightly smarter than most people make him. If there's something you absolutely don't understand, tell me in a review, because I like to make sure everyone understands what is going on.
 
Hiei: The reason nobody else has reviewed your pathetic attempt of a story is that it is of no use to their already pathetic brains.
 
Me: If you don't stop insulting people, I'll make sure you never have sweet snow again and just to make sure you never try to get any, I'll PERSUADE Yukina to make you promise to her! Now, you wouldn't break a promise to your own flesh and blood, would you?
 
Hiei: Hn.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 2: Memories
 
“What do you mean she's your little sister?!” yelled Kuwabara. “She looks like wolf demon and you never said anything about having any family members besides your adoptive mother, step-father and step-brother! Not too mention she's a thief and killer! Okay… maybe you are related to her.”
 
“Yes, Kurama. Please tell us how you are related to her. I have no files or records of you having such a family member,” said an eager Koenma.
 
`Interesting. The kitsune has secrets that have not been discovered until now,' thought Hiei.
 
“Yes, I had a sister. Adoptive sister to be exact, but I thought her to be dead. It's been a bit over 2,000 years since I've seen her,” replied Kurama solemnly.
 
“You're still not making sense Kurama. How can you not keep in contact with your own sister?” inquired Yusuke.
 
“It would be best to start from the beginning,” said Kurama.
 
Flashback
 
A little silver-haired kitsune was walking through the forest when he heard a cry of pain. He located the direction of the sound and ran instantly to the site out of curiosity. He soon discovered a little demoness with blue fire surrounding her trying to fight two huge D class bear youkai who were trying to eat her. She was doing okay, using her claws and fire to fight with one, but the other was causing problems for her. He felt that wasn't a very fair fight, so he pulled a red rose from his silver locks and used his ki to turn into a whip with thorns. He cracked his whip at them and said, “Hey! Leave her alone! She can't fight both of you at the same time!”
 
One of the youkai turned its head toward Youko and said, “Ah. My brother and I won't have to share the little bitch after all.” He then charged Youko. Youko moved just as the youkai scratched his right arm with his claws. With blood dripping down his arm, he turned and ran towards the youkai and slung his whip at him. The youkai dodged and created a hatchet with his energy. He brought down the hatchet just as Youko ran under him and came up behind him. Before the youkai could react, Youko sliced him in half.
 
After recoiling his whip, he turned towards the other battle. He took careful note of the little demon. She looked that of a wolf demoness with blue flames on her ears and tail. She wore a blue, black and silver gi and a blue bandana on her head. Around her neck were three gems. She was shorter and younger than Youko, but she was putting up a good fight. She dodged and striked with high skill for her age, but was not as good as Youko. The taller demon swung his claws at the girl and she jumped onto his arm and scratched his left eye out. Roaring with pain and rage, he tried to grab her. She did a back flip and sent a wave of flames towards him. He lit on fire and scream bloody murder. By the time that the flames died down, there was nothing left but ashes. She looked at them with a smirk on her face. She too has a few scratches from the fight.
 
Turning towards Youko, she said in a tentive voice, “Why did you help me? I don't know you.”
 
Responding to her, he said, “Because that wasn't a fair fight, two against one.”
 
With a small smile on her face, she said, “Then I thank you. Where's your clan and what's your name? Most kitsunes aren't far from their clan.”
 
“My name is Youko Kurama and I don't have a clan. I travel and steal jewels and treasures as I go along. Where's your pack and what is your name? Most wolves aren't far from THEIR pack.”
 
“My name is Kakarot Kasshu and like you, I don't live in a group. I live with my father and he is hunting at the moment. I was unwanted by my pack since I was born,” she said sadly.
 
“I'm sorry about that. What are you? You have the scent of a wolf, but it's different than most. You also have fire and ice in you, too,” he said.
 
“Yes. Well my parents are of rare breeds. My mother was a Sacred Silver Wolf demon and my father is of fire and koorime.”
 
“Fire and Koorime?! Element and animal?! They are both forbidden!”
 
“That's why I'm known as The Forbidden Wolf. I guess now that you know my heritage, you wouldn't want to be friends with a freak like me.” She turned to walk off.
 
“Wait!” Youko called out to her. “I never said that I didn't want to be your friend. I just never knew there was ever such a demon as you.”
 
“You really don't care about what I am?” she asked curiously.
 
“No. I don't,” said Youko as he walked over to her. He bent down to a scratch on her face and licked the blood off. She in return cleaned his arm with her tongue. This was the start of a beautiful relationship.
 
 
End of flashback
 
“Over time we became very close. I met her father and he kind of became a father to me. It became official about a month after our first meeting,” said Kurama in remembrance.
 
Flashback
 
“Hey, Fox,” said Kakarot using the name given to Youko by her and her father.
 
“What, Little Bit?” asked Kurama using her lifelong nickname.
 
“Do you want to become my brother?” she asked excitedly.
 
“Yeah! That would be great, but how do we do we make it official?”
 
“Simple. We cut the first letter of our names into each other's shoulders, then cut our fingers and put our blood on the initials. While our fingers are on the initials, we put a little ki into it. It will leave an eternal mark. My dad thinks of you as a son and if you're willing to do it…”
 
“Ok,” he said. She then pulled out a dagger and gave it to Youko. He lifted the sleeve of her shirt on her right arm and started engraving the letter Y in her shoulder. She hissed in slight pain. When he was finished, he cut his index finger, pressed it against the cut and sent his ki into it. When he was done, she did the same to him using the letter K.
 
“Now we're siblings!” Reaching into her pocket of her clothing, she pulled out a round sapphire color gem on a string and put it around Youko's neck. “Also, I want to give this to you. I only gave them to the people I care about the most. You and Dad.” she let out a howl of happiness and the wolves of the forest joined into her song.
 
“Thanks and I'll be the best brother you ever had!” he then started yipping in with the howls.
 
End of flashback
 
 
“We were very happy. I taught her the art of stealing and she caught on quickly. She in return taught me how to use and grow many plants I never heard of. OUR father taught us how to use weapons and our animal powers to their fullest, plus teaching Kakarot how to use her firepowers. She really didn't have any ice powers. He also taught us how to hunt and spy without being caught. We were a family with no problems until one day when I decided to go on a raid by myself.”
 
Flashback
 
“Come on Youko! I want to go, too!” whined an annoyed Kakarot.
 
“I'm sorry Kakarot, but you need to have just a little more training before you can come with me. Okay?”
 
“Okay, but be careful. You may be a sly, skilled kitsune but don't let that go to your head,” she replied with a smirk of knowingness.
 
“Listen to her Youko,” said Kakarot's father with fatherly concern in his voice, but a proud look on his face.
 
“Don't worry. I'll be fine,” he yelled as he ran off. Little did he know that that would be the last time he ever saw his family again.
 
That night, Youko came back from a successful raid of jewels from a wealthy merchant of the Makai. Just as he was coming to the clearing of the forest to his house, the smell of blood and death entered his keen nose. He ran towards his home and discovered the house in ruins and his father laying face down in a pool of blood that shined a ruby color by the light of the full moon. His little sister and her scent were nowhere to be found.
 
“Father!” he cried, dropping the jewels and running over to the lifeless Forbidden Child. He turned him onto his back and put his ears to his chest to listen for a heartbeat. None existed. He then searched far and wide for his sister, but it was like she vanished into thin air. He thought her to be dead, too.
 
“NNNNOOOO!!!!” he cried out in anguish. Later, he dug a grave next to the waterfall near his home and gave the once proud fighter a proper burial with the prayer that his and Kakarot's souls found each other in the afterlife. He left his old home and devoted his life to thievery for years until he eventually met Kuronue.
 
End of flashback
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: OH! So now we find out that Hiei wasn't the first Forbidden Child! Also, if you're wondering why Hiei hasn't insulted me yet, it's because he is currently occupied.^_^
 
Hiei: (eating a gallon of sweet snow)
 
Me: Sayonara for now!