Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ (The Begining Of) 6 Months ❯ The First Part ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

The alarm clock went off as Tenten slowly woke up. She sat up. As she stretched, she let out a huge yawn. She turned to see the sleeping form of her fiance, Neji. She smiled as she whipped a few stray hairs from his face. "3 more days." She whispered. "3 more days until I'm Tenten Hyuga..." She jumped out of bed and walked to the bathroom. After a quick shower, she walked out to see that the bed was made. She smiled. Neji's up!

She threw on a pair of jeans and a pink t-shirt and hopped down the stairs. The smell of pancakes filled the air. Tenten took a big whiff and sighed. Sometimes, she feels like the luckiest girl in the world. She walked into the kitchen to see Neji at the stove, making pancakes in jeans and a white t-shirt. She snuck up behind him and hugged him. "Good morning..." Tenten greeted dreamily.

Neji turned his head to face Tenten. "Good morning." He greeted back, smirking. He turned back to the pancake he was making, Tenten's arms still wrapped around him. "Have a nice sleep?" He asked as he flipped the pancake.

Tenten smiled as she buried her face into the back of his shirt. "I had a very nice sleep!" She replied. "How about you?"

"Eh. Same here." Tenten let go of him to allow him to set the pancakes on the table. She grabbed some dishes and utensils and set the table. They both sat down and started to eat. "So..." Neji said, starting a conversation. "How are your missions going?" He asked smoothly.

"Pretty good." Tenten replied as she cut a piece of pancake off. "They send me out of the city village so frequently!" She added as she popped the piece into her mouth. "You?" She asked through a mouthful of food.

"All is well." He answered calmly. They sat in silence as they ate. Neji spoke up. "3 more days." He said.

Tenten looked at him. "Yeah..." She sighed dreamily.

She put a hand under her chin and stared at Neji. Just stared. He chose to ignore this action and continue eating. After a few minutes of this, Neji placed his fork down. "Okay. Why are you staring?" He asked.

Tenten giggled and sat back into her chair. "Oh nothing..." She said. "I'm just thinking about what life's going to be like after we're married. Tenten Hyuga..." She pondered. Neji smirked. She noticed this and frowned. "What? Am I really that hopeless?"

"No. Not hopeless." He smirked. "It sounds so right." Tenten stared at him curiously. "Tenten Hyuga. It sounds so right."

Tenten smiled. "Yes...it does." She then popped the last of her pancakes into her mouth and stood up. "I'm going to go get changed for todays mission,okay?" She excused herself. Neji nodded. Placed her plate into the sink and ran upstairs. Tenten walked towards her vanity and smiled at her reflection. Soon she won't just be Tenten. Soon she'll be Tenten Hyuga. A Hyuga. Married to THE Neji Hyuga. Her life couldn't get any better.

"Are you going to stare at yourself all day or are you going to get changed?" Asked a voice from behind her.

She jumped and whirled around. "Neji!" She sighed from relief. "I hate when you sneak up on me like that!" She said, slightly irritated.

"Sorry." Neji apologized. "I have to get dressed too, you know." He walked passed Tenten and opened his draw up, revealing his black accessory. He heard a giggle from behind him. "What Tenten?" He asked as he picked up his object of interest.

"I'm just wondering...why are you so attached to that man skirt?" Tenten asked, still giggling. Neji turned to her with a curious look on his face. She sighed. "Neji. LOOK AT IT." She grabbed it out of his hands and slid it over her pajamas. "See? Skirt!" She said happily.

Neji sighed. "How do you come to realize these things?" He asked.

She cocked her head to the side. "Know what? I have no idea. Anyway," She slid out of the skirt and threw it at Neji, "Here's your skirt back." He caught it."I have to go get changed. If you finish before me, wait, okay?"

"Sure." Neji said as he got his other articles of clothing and walked into the bathroom.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
"What kind of mission do you think we will get today?" Tenten asked as she and Neji walked to the Hokage's office. "You think it will be exciting? We never get anything exciting..." She wander off in her memories. "Remember that one time we had to go get her that sake?" She started to laugh. "Then I found out you used the same shampoo as me. When you wanted me to be quiet, you kissed me! Remember?"
Neji smirked. "Yes. And that shut you up."

Tenten smiled and shook her head. "Uh-uh! You kissed me three more times THEN I shut up!" She corrected.

"Oh, silly me." Neji said sarcastically as they walked into the Hokage's office. She was asleep. Neji sighed and shook the desk slightly. "Hokage-sama?" He asked.

Tsunade's head shot up and she yelled, "I wasn't sleeping! I was simply resting before I went to sleep!" She sighed in relief when she noticed it was just Neji and Tenten, who's faces showed pure horror. "Heh...sorry about that..." She apologized, wiping the drool from her mouth. "I thought you where Shizune for a moment. Anyway, you want a mission?" Neji gave her a look that read 'Isn't it obvious?!'.

"Yes." Tenten said politely.

"Okay then." Tsunade turned and took out a scroll from her pile. "Okay...A...A..A..A.." Read Tsunade, trying to find the A rank she was looking for. "AH HA! A!" She exclaimed and pointed to the letter with pride. "Hmmm...it says that there is a prince that needs protecting." She read.

"Me and Neji can handle tha-" Tenten started, then stopped, seeing that Tsunade raised her hand.

"However..." She lowered her hand. "It says that there can only be one bodyguard as not to arouse suspicion." Tsunade finished. She raised her head up. "So who's going to go? It's an A-rank, so it's going to be fairly dangerous." She said, placing her hands under her chin. "Remember. Only one." Neji and Tenten stared at eachother in worry. Tsunade sighed. "Please hurry this up." She begged.

Neji took a deep breath. "I'll go." He said boldly.

Tenten jumped and stared at her future husband. "Neji?"

Tsunade stared at the brave Hyuga. "Are you sure?" She asked. "You know there's a chance you may never return."

Neji nodded. "I know the risks." He smirked. "I am a ninja after all."

Tenten turned to him. "Are you sure Neji? I don't want you to be to hu-" She got cut off by a pair of lips meeting hers. Tsunade turned in her chair as she let the young couple make out.

Neji cut the kiss off. "Wait for me, okay?" He whispered. Tenten nodded as he turned an walked out of the door.

"Oh!" Tsunade gasped. "Tenten! I forgot to tell you..." Tenten turned to the Hokage, who took out a piece of paper. She stood up and handed the paper to Tenten. "Here's the test results."

Tenten took a deep breath and accepted the paper. Her eyes scaned over it. Her eyes widened as she lowered it. "Oh god..." She breathed.