Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugivania: The Lost Chapters ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Yugivania: The Lost Chapters
Chapter 2
by Sakura (aka L-sama no Miko)

The raven haired vampire sat in the darkest part of the club he could find. He loathed crowded and noisy areas. So what was he doing in this particular establishment filled to the brim with a cavorting and writhing mass? The vampire’s reason was currently off in another corner – though not too far from his sight – somewhere closer to the club’s many patrons. He sighed, silently wishing he was at home far away from the noise and mingled stench of human and non-humans. But he had never been able to resist children; his own younger brother had always been able to twist him around his cute little finger. And his companion was still very child-like.

Flashback
“Itachi-sama!” the raven haired boy called bouncing into the small living room, a huge smile plastered onto his porcelain face. “Let’s go out tonight!”
“I’d rather not,” the vampire replied. He’d much rather sink back into the couch with a good book or better yet, just enjoy the other’s company.
The boy frowned then proceeded to pout. Inwardly Itachi cringed; it didn’t take long for the doll like boy to learn that pouting was a very effective weapon against his master. “But we’ve been cooped up here for days, master. There’s so much more I want to learn about people!” he pleaded, pulling on the taller man’s sleeve.
Sighing, Itachi resolved himself to giving into his pet’s wishes. ‘Why does he have to be so cute?’ he grumbled silently. “Where did you have in mind, Sai?” the vampire asked, gracefully rising from the couch. ‘It’s a good thing this show’s on DVD,’ he thought shutting off the TV, ‘I’d hate to miss any scenes with Nick and LeCroix.’
Sai couldn’t help feel a bit guilty for making his master miss his favorite show, the older vampire saying that the main character’s relationship with his sire was similar to his own. But he knew they could always get whatever he may miss on those shiny discs people seem so keen on having. Besides, it couldn’t possibly be healthy for his master to be indoors for so long with only the two of them.
“I’d like to go to this… I think the word was ‘club’…Eternal Night.”
Itachi flinched. “Where did you hear about that?” he asked fixing hard coal black eyes on the boy. Ever since he’d gotten Sai away from his sire, Itachi had made sure to keep him away from his kind or any other supernatural being for fear of any of them wanting to take Sai away.
Sai smiled, not his usual happy child-like grins, but a nervous fake one. He could see his master was angry. “I heard one of the neighbors mention it master. It sounded interesting.”
Itachi knew the boy would find out about that place sooner or later, especially since a few of the others living in the somewhat run down apartment building were non-humnas.. Sai was very curious by nature and always eager to learn something knew.
“Fine,” the raven haired man sighed, Sai once again using another of his ‘weapons’ – the dreaded scolded puppy look. “We’ll go just this once; and only this once.”
“Thank you master!” Sai beamed before glomping the taller man. Itachi gave him a surprised look for he had never done that before. “I saw a girl do that to her lover on the TV,” Sai offered in explanation.
“Ah,” was all his master would say, before heading off to the bedroom for some more appropriate attire.
End Flashback

The sound of laughter drew his attention away from his pet. Glancing over to one of the many filled tables, he saw what appeared to be a bunch of teenagers whooping it up, but Itachi could sense the sheer power coming off of them especially the platinum blond with spiky hair and dark skin. The tiniest bit of a smile formed on his perfectly thin lips as he watched the smallest of the vampires – a boy with tri-colored spiky hair – laugh and smile as he was pulled into the lap of a taller vampire with long silver hair and violet eyes. He couldn’t help feeling a bit jealous at the camaraderie this particular coven had. His own sire was never that open with others nor was he as loving.
Madara had forcibly turned the raven haired man so he could gain the Uchiha clan’s power that had lain dormant in Itachi. Itachi had never resented his clan’s legacy more after that, for like the Belmont clan, his was one dedicated to eradicating anything supernatural from the world.
As if taking away his mortality weren’t bad enough, Madara had starved the newborn vampire for days and then set him on his clan, thus ridding himself of ‘one more thorn in his side’.
Learning of what he had done to his own kin nearly drove the fledgling insane. It was the fact that his beloved younger brother Sasuke had escaped the slaughter that kept him sane. If the boy hadn’t been training at a friend’s dojo that night, Sasuke surely would have met the same horrific fate – savagely torn to pieces after being bled dry. Losing Sasuke would have completely destroyed the raven haired vampire.
A month or so after the slaughter, Itachi had decided he had enough of Madara’s abuse and left, vowing to find a way to exact revenge on his clan’s ancestor. Thinking of his sire always put the raven haired vampire into a morose mood, but there had been two good things to come from having met the monster.
The first was a beautiful blond angel that his sire was also keeping as a pet. The boy had lightly tanned skin and the most expressive ocean blue eyes he’d ever seen.

Flashback
The younger of the two men stared at the child standing next to his sire as the vampire led him into the mansion’s entry hall. Itachi felt as if he were given the luxury of gazing upon one of heaven’s inhabitants.
Sun blessed hair glistened under the chandelier’s light while light caramel skin shimmered, giving the boy a golden aura as if the light had come from the mortal instead of the multitude of candles above them. The bluest eyes he’d ever seen graced his adorable cherubic face. If they weren’t currently dull and lifeless due to his sire’s hypnotic influence, Itachi was certain that they’d rival the gems they resembled. They seemed to be so wide and expressive.
Six lines marred the boy’s face – three on each cheek – making the fledgling vampire to frown and wonder who had dared ruin this Adonis’ beauty. ‘Though, they do have a cuteness to them. It’s as if he has whiskers,’ Itachi mused.
“Isn’t he lovely?” commented Madara as he ran a finger along one of the blond boy’s scarred cheeks.
“Hn,” was his fledgling’s reply.
The older vampire smirked, seeing right through Itachi’s thinly veiled desire. The child was indeed drop dead gorgeous. Very few would be unable to resist the urge to claim the mortal. “Oh you don’t want him, Ita-kun?” came Madara’s sneering voice. “That’s too bad. I guess that means there’ll be more for me then.”
With that, his sire scooped the be-spelled angel into his arms and headed deeper into the mansion, leaving Itachi to silently berate himself for not being strong enough to fight the man for the angel.
End Flashback

There wasn’t a day he hadn’t thought about the poor abused child, wondering if he was even still alive. How he regretted not being able to rescue him as well.
The other good thing had been Sai. The boy was a comfort to him and took Sasuke’s place for no thanks to his sire, Itachi’s brother was now dead set on killing him – Madara had somehow gotten his hooks into the last mortal Uchiha and was now using the boy as yet another pawn. Itachi later learned that the doll boy was just as immortal as he and was grateful for that fact. Sai would not only be the one to love him no matter what, but also be able to remain at his side for as long as they would live. He no longer had to worry about living in the eternal loneliness he had believed he had been doomed to.
Itachi smiled as he reminisced on their first meeting.

Flashback
He had had enough. The raven haired fledgling was fed up with his sire treating him like a toy. He wasn’t some puppet Madara could use for his own sick enjoyment then toss away when done. He was an Uchiha! And Uchihas don’t bow to anyone, especially to one such as Madara.
Itachi had gathered a change of clothing, some money, and his prized katana – the last reminder of what he once was – and wrapped them carefully in his rather expensive black leather trench coat.
He crept on soundless feet using the natural grace his new condition had given him and listened for any signs of his sire. He winced and scowled as faint screams came from the direction of the mansion’s master bedroom. His sire was no doubt tormenting the poor blond he’d brought home a few days ago.
Itachi’s heart longed to storm in there, kill the bastard and drag the sun blessed angel from there and never look back. However, his mind was in charge this night and it knew that to do so would not only cause the boy he’d become infatuated with further harm, but his own death as well. He still was no match for this monster of a sire of his.
He forced down the nausea he felt at letting that man to remain in his family home. Madara just loved to torment him by refusing to move them elsewhere, saying that as long as an Uchiha remained, that is where they would stay. Shaking his head, the dark haired man continued to stalk away from the living quarters and headed towards the exit of this hell.
He had finally reached the entry hall as was about to open the door when something caught his eye. The fledgling whirled around, half expecting his sire to be there with that arrogant smirk on his face. Seeing that he was still alone, he went to turn around again, when the candlelit chandelier reflected off of pale skin.
Cautiously walking over to the source, Itachi saw…well he wasn’t exactly sure what it was he saw. The figure of a young boy before him looked like a statue but felt like flesh when he reached out to touch the doll like face. He stood and marveled at the doll, wondering why he hadn’t noticed it before.
His sire must have recently acquired the gorgeous figure because Itachi was dead certain his family had never owned anything like this. Itachi ran one slender hand along the doll’s porcelain cheek, still surprised at how much it felt like his own skin, though cool to the touch. It was as if he were touching the finest silk, the skin was so soft and smooth.
The vampire was entranced by the elegant and aristocratic features that made up the figure’s face. It amazed him that this doll/statue resembled his little brother so much, it even had the same raven black hair the two brothers shared. If it wasn’t for the lack of a pulse, Itachi would have sworn he was looking at a relative. ‘Would your eyes be like Sasuke’s, I wonder?’ the vampire pondered, displeased that the doll’s eyes were sealed shut as if in an eternal slumber. ‘Deepest black and full of innocence.’
He would have continued staring at the doll/statue if a particularly loud scream hadn’t snapped him out of the trance he had found himself in. Itachi shuddered at the continuous wails coming from deep within his soon to be former home. Knowing time for escape was rapidly decreasing the raven haired vampire reluctantly pulled himself away from the doll/statue and once again made to open the heavy carved oak door that led to freedom.
“Is master going out?”
Itachi froze at the soft tenor of the voice. Was this yet another of Madara’s ‘pet’s’? He berated himself for letting who or whatever it was to sneak up on him like that. Had he been alive still, his father would have scolded him severely for letting his guard drop so much.
“You will tell no one you saw me,” the vampire commanded in a tone that promised great physical harm if disobeyed. He hadn’t bothered to turn around, again another thing that would have earned a scolding from his father – never turn your back to an enemy.
“Yes, master,” that honey smooth voice replied. “But won’t master need me?” it asked in child-like disappointment.
“No I will not,” the vampire shot in annoyance.
“If you do not need me, master, then why did you wake me?”
Itachi turned around and nearly gasped at the sight before him. There stood the doll/statue he’d been admiring only moments before. It was even more beautiful now that it was under the full light of the chandelier. The pale porcelain skin glowed in the candlelight giving the doll an ethereal and almost angelic aura especially since it was clad in tight black clothing. Its raven black hair was glossy and shining and looked as soft as a raven’s wings. But what held the vampire rooted to the spot was the twin onyx jewels that were its eyes.
He had been right, for those night black depths shone with an innocence he hadn’t seen since Sasuke had been little. The doll continued to stare at him with an insatiable curiosity and devotion. It almost made Itachi break down and cry to see those eyes regarding him in such a way. ‘So much like Sasuke,’ he mused finding it hard not to reach out and clasp the doll close to him. Oh how he longed to hold this child-like being close to him and never let go. ‘It’s as if Madara never existed, and my little brother is still so innocent, so pure.’
“Master?” the doll called. Gods! That voice was as beautiful as this bewitching creature. Before he knew it, Itachi had been trapped. This gorgeous child of a doll had captured the vampire’s very soul. He may have failed with that blond angel, but not with this little raven. He was about to let his sire destroy such innocence.
“Come,” the vampire ordered.
Not waiting for a response, Itachi grasped the doll’s hand and yanked it out the door behind him.
End Flashback

Yes, that was a memory the usually stoic vampire would treasure for the rest of his immortal life. From the moment he laid eyes on those innocent pools of blackest onyx six years ago, Itachi had become Sai’s.
Looking for his precious raven, he found the doll was now watching a redheaded vampire and his smaller fledgling conversing with a white haired vampire at a table not too far from where he was currently sitting. Coal black eyes widened in surprise when they caught sight of a very familiar golden mop of unruly hair. In the redhead’s lap, there sat his blond angel!
Itachi’s eyes narrowed and started to turn blood red. He was ready to march over there and demand the other to hand over the boy, but upon closer inspection, his long lost angel was happily snuggling against the taller vampire as the man lovingly ran pale skinned fingers through his sun kissed hair. He watched the two for a few more moments, his still crimson eyes taking in every move the redhead made.
He pushed away the jealousy, reminding himself that he had Sai now and that the raven needed him. It was crystal clear from what he had seen that the angel he once lusted after was now with one who treated him like the treasure he was and would treasure him always.
“Be happy, little one,” he whispered, smiling ruefully as he watched the redhead drag a taller blond fledging from the crowded club, his angel clinging to the vampire’s other arm.

***************************************************

POV change
Sai had enough of watching the throng of dancers gyrate and writhe to the blaring noise that was the music. He wondered what it would be like to be out there amongst them, but Itachi-sama was not a people person and therefore could not be moved from his dark corner. The raven haired doll had often tried to get his master to explain why he hated people so much, but could never get anything but an ‘hn’ or a ‘never you mind’ from the close-lipped vampire.
Sai turned his back on the dance floor and began surveying those seated at the tables littering the rest of the club. The ebony haired doll stared quizzically at a matching pair of dark haired men. He was intrigued by the twins, for twins were a rare sight to him. Upon further inspection, Sai found that the red eyed twin was probably a vampire like his master while his companion was not. The basis for the doll’s analysis – the enormous amount of sweets the black eyed twin was wolfing down.
The red eyed vampire continued to grin at the human while one pale thin hand ran in a rough and possessive manner through the honey blond locks of a teenaged male kneeling on the floor beside them, a long chain ran from the collar around the boy’s neck to the vampire’s other hand. Hanging from the collar was a plain looking dog tag with an Old English style “K” engraved into it.
Sai felt an odd sadness when his almond shaped eyes moved over to the other human member of the group. The teen’s hazel eyes were dull and lifeless, a dead man’s eyes as they continued to stare at nothing.
The doll wondered why that particular human had eyes like that while all the others he’d been watching had eyes that positively glowed and sparkled with life and merriment. Sai hadn’t learnt much about human/vampire relationships and was curious. Filing his questions away for later, he turned his eyes away from the group, suddenly unable to bear to look at blond haired teen for some unknown reason. Yet another question for him to file away.
The doll’s eyes went back to sweeping over the rest of the tables. He could find nothing in particular that would hold his interest for very long and was about to express his wish to leave to his master when he saw the vampire’s eyes widen.
Curious jet orbs followed their master’s gaze and fell upon a couple of vampires seated not too far from Itachi-sama. The redhead was talking to a white haired man while a petit blond child sat contentedly on his lap. Sai felt a sudden sharp pain at noticing his master’s eyes stare longingly at the blond while they followed the taller vampire’s every move. It was a new sensation for him and he stood there blinking for several moments. He could not understand why he felt as though he wanted to hurt the boy when said child did nothing to cause such a desire.
Sai watched the vampires along with his master, trying his best to understand what was happening to him. Soon the redhead rose from the table after another blond approached him – this one much taller than the child – and promptly began dragging him out of the club. He felt that stabbing pain again as Itachi-sama’s eyes followed the petit blond and saw his master whisper “Be happy, little one” a sad smile upon his handsome face.
The raven haired doll glanced curiously at his master, coal black eyes silently asking for an explanation.

************************************************************ ***

Back to Itachi…
Itachi was about to call the raven over to him upon seeing the question shining in those enchanting ebony pools when he caught two familiar scents, one he had longed for and one he wished he’d never have to smell ever again. ‘Hide!’ he mouthed. Sai was about to question him, but quickly obeyed – disappearing into the crowd – as his master’s eyes turned crimson once more and became hard rubies.
“Hello, Sasuke,” he said calmly as he felt the dagger’s edge press against his throat.
“I’m going to kill you this time, brother,” the teen hissed, making the silver blade cut deeper into the vampire’s pale skin.
Itachi sighed, grasping his younger brother’s wrist. The older sibling jerked the offending appendage and Sasuke was pulled forward against the table. Itachi smirked as he pressed his body against the teen’s, effectively pinning him to the hard surface. “When will you learn, foolish otouto?” the vampire drawled. “Killing me here, with so many vampires around would be beyond foolish, Sasuke.”
The dark haired boy snarled and bucked. “I. Will. Kill. You,” he ground out.
Itachi chuckled at his brother’s futile struggles. “Perhaps,” he purred into Sasuke’s ear, “But not tonight, otouto.” That earned another growl from the boy and the raven haired vampire allowed him to fight him for a few more moments before leaning his head closer to Sasuke’s neck. He hated to do this, but it was the only way to get his brother to leave the club safely.
He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the mingled scents covering the boy. “I’m ashamed of you, otouto,” scolded Itachi, “We Uchihas would never let such as him to touch us.” Sasuke stiffened at those words but said nothing, ashamed as well. “Let this serve as your punishment otouto,” the vampire said.
Sasuke cried out in pain as Itachi’s fangs sank deep into his brother’s flesh. The raven haired vampire drank the flowing crimson liquid, savoring his younger brother’s unique flavor. The teen had stopped struggling and was now panting from the pleasure he felt at his aniki’s suckling.
Itachi found it hard to pull away from his brother, his vampire instincts demanding every last drop of that delicious life giving fluid. He forced himself to pull out of that soft yielding flesh and licked his now ruby stained lips. He jerked the boy off the table and made him stand at his side, Sasuke’s coal black eyes as dull and lifeless as his blond angel’s had been all those years ago.
“Run along now, Sasuke,” Itachi commanded stiffly, feeling disgusted with himself for having enjoyed feeding from his beloved otouto. “Don’t let me catch you near that person again.”
Sasuke said nothing as he robotically made his way through the throng.

**********************************************************
“Itachi-sama?” Sai asked, concerned at the vampire’s angry crimson eyes and miserable expression upon the finely chiseled face.
“It’s nothing, Sai,” he said, giving the doll a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. The raven was about to press further when the vampire wrapped his arm around Sai’s slender waist. “We’re leaving.”
Sai said nothing, knowing his master was in no mood for questions. He allowed the taller man to lead him through and away from the still writhing mass of people, content to have his beloved master’s arm caressing the bare skin of his mid-drift.
“Can we go out tomorrow?” the doll queried as they finally made it out of the club.
“Maybe,” Itachi answered noncommittally, “Just as long as it’s not to another club.”
“As you wish, master,” acquiesced Sai. He found he didn’t care for clubs much after all.

~Owari~