+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Another World ❯ Always Learning Something ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She was driving home from school. Man, was she ever tired, and to make it worse school wouldn't seem to end today. The bell did finally ring, but it took what seemed like forever. Shana drove into her drive way and sat in her car thinking about what had happened at school.
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
 
Shana sat in her desk waiting for English to start when her teacher Mr. Summers walked and slammed the door shut. School was going to be a drag today. Good thing it was already 5thhour. He was already yelling at her best friend Elizabeth for talking too much. After that he sat at his desk for a while before asking for our homework.
 
Oh No, I forgot mine on the table. I am so screwed that it's not even funny. What made it worse was the fact that Mr. Summers was definitely not in a good mood. Shana tried to swallow, but her mouth went dry just thinking about what was going to happen.
 
Payton was looking at her with a worrisome look on her face. “Hey Shana, what's wrong?” she whispered. Shana started to tell her when Mr. Summers walked up to her. “Shana you know there is no talking in my class.” he said a little too sharply.
 
He looked at her empty desk and asked where her assignment was. Well here goes nothing she thought as she started to explain her problem. She thought she was out of the woods when Mr. Summers didn't say anything.
 
She was holding her breath waiting to see what would happen. She didn't hear the other students so she guessed they were too. He looked down at her and said with a smile “You now have detention the week.”
 
Elizabeth, Payton, and Kailey thought that was a little unfair and decided to voice their opinions. Elizabeth and Kailey were probably her most out spoken friends. “Mr. Summers isn't that a little unfair?” all three said together. “You know you don't have to be such a grouch.” Elizabeth added.
 
Mr. Summers was at a lack for words now. He looked at them for a minute before saying “Well seeing as you three think it is so unfair all of you will join her.” Mr. Summers said through clinched teeth and fists. “And instead of it being in the middle of the week you will all have it on Saturdays.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
End Flashback
 
 
 
 
 
Shana got out of the car grabbing her backpack as she did. Tonight her friends would be coming over soon. Shana was throwing a pre-detention sleepover at her house. She always loved some company at her house since her parents passed away about two years ago. Well, time to get the popcorn ready.
 
 
___________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Everyone was finally there at 7 o'clock. They started talking about their upcoming Saturday. “I still can't believe all of you did that for me.” Shana was saying.
 
“Hey what are friends for?” Kailey asked. Payton asked,” Yea, Shana did you really think we would let that happen to you without saying something? I mean did you really think those two would keep their mouths shut?”
 
Shana almost started crying from what her friends were saying. She knew she had some really awesome friends. She was just looking at the floor playing with her dark brown hair. In the past two years she had let it grow to her waist. Elizabeth's hair was about the same length only hers was purple.
 
Kailey and Payton had waist length hair too. Payton's was so blonde that it looked silver. Kailey's hair was a dark blue. Elizabeth went to get a movie off the shelf that was leaning against the wall.
 
She was looking for something good to watch. She chose the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Elizabeth put it on and sat down on the couch by Kailey. They watched about half of the movie when the movie started messing up.
 
“Shana what is going on?” Elizabeth asked. “I don't know it's brand new.” She replied. “Well then what is going on?” Payton repeated. “I told yo-“Shana was cut off when she saw something blue start glowing by the TV.
 
Shana went to see what was glowing. She got about half way there went someone step out of the glowing spot. Shana stepped back to fast and tripped. Shana never made it to the ground. The person that had stepped out of the blue blur caught her.
 
She got a good look at him for the first time. He had raven-black hair that was naturally spiky with the darkest eyes she had ever seen. He was quiet handsome. He set her back on her feet and spoke for the first time. “Are you alright?” he asked with a voice that made her face go hot.
 
Shana stuttered, “Y-y-yes.” That was the very first guy that ever made her do that. She turned around looking at her friends. Elizabeth and Kailey's mouths were wide open. Payton looked like she was going to pass out. Elizabeth walked over to Shana and her other friends followed.
 
“Who the hell are you?” Elizabeth asked. He walked over to the blue blur and told someone to come on. He walked back to them and said, “My name is Blake.” Just then three other people walked through the blue blur.
 
The second person that walked in from the blue blur had snow white hair with two sets of purple marks on his cheeks. He was carrying two swords on his side. “Hey Blake, is it them?”
 
“Yea it's them.” Blake replied. When he said this the girls looked at each other with bewildered expressions. “Excuse me, but what are you talking about?” asked Payton.
 
A boy with silver hair stepped forward and said “You four will come with us.” It wasn't a question it was a command. Kailey took a step forward and said “Now why would we do that?” This boy was strange he had ears on top of his head like a dog. He looked a lot like the second boy that walked through the blur.
 
The second boy came and hit him on the hair saying,”Kai quit acting stupid. If you say stuff like that they won't come with us.” Kai was rubbing his head mumbling under his breath. “Kai you should listen to your older brother.” Blake said.
 
“Why should I listen to Jin anyway?” Kai asked, but before Blake could answer the four girls started leaving the room. They had been moving the whole time, but very slowly. When they were close to the front door they broke out in a run, but before they got there a blur flew past them.
 
It had beaten them to the door. They slammed to a stop right before they hit what had passed them. It was the last one that came through the blue blur. This one had brown hair that was almost black with pale blue eyes. He had a smirk on his face when he said, “Now where are you running off to?”
 
 
After they had been stopped from reaching the door the girls walked back to the couch and sat down. The guys stood up and started to explain what was going on.
 
The brown haired boy stepped toward them and said, “First off, my name is Kiba. I'm a wolf demon, Jin and Kai are dog demons, and Blake is a fire demon.” Shana and Elizabeth shouted, “What!?” at the same time.
 
“Well actually Kai is only half dog demon his other half is human.” Kiba finished off. Kailey and Payton were completely dumbfounded. Shana got up the nerve and asked, “So where are the four of you from?” Blake was the one that spoke, “We are from Kyomo, a planet that has started to turn dark in the last 10 years.” Elizabeth spoke up after hearing this, “Wait, so why you are here and what does this have to do with us?”
 
“I guess I'll take this one.” Jin said. “There is a legend that says four will save our world, but it said we wouldn't find them on Kyomo. There was another part that had been lost for 100 years. That piece was found about 1 year ago. This piece said to find you on Earth so we searched for about 6 months before we found you.”
 
“How do you know it's us?” Payton asked. “We know it's you because of your hair color.” Kai said.
 
Shana stood up and said “But I have a regular hair color it's only brown.” Kai said in a sarcastic way,” It's only brown to you.”
 
Payton asked,” What do you mean only to her? I see it brown, too.” Jin stepped toward them and,” Only demons can see it, unless you connected to a demon somehow.”
 
He sat down and thought about this for a while. Suddenly he stood up and said,” I got it!” Everyone fell over when he jumped up. He walked over to Elizabeth. “W-What are you doing?”
 
Jin bent down and moved closer to her. “Just hold still.” Jin said as he gently grabbed her shoulders. Elizabeth started to back away, but he pulled her closer. He pulled her closer and put his lips on hers.
 
Elizabeth pulled away at first, but something made her return it. Jin finally broke the kiss after a little while. Elizabeth was breathless.” Why in the world did you do that?” Elizabeth asked.
 
Jin stood up and said, “I just connected you to a demon, so take a look at Shana and tell me what you see.” Elizabeth turned her head and looked at Shana. “Oh my gosh!”
 
“Shana your hair is pink!” Elizabeth yelled, “Jin how did you make me see her hair?”
 
“I already told you. You must come into contact with a demon.” Jin said. “You couldn't just have touched me?” Elizabeth asked. “I could have, but that wouldn't have been any fun.” Jin said with a smirk.
 
“You jerk!” Elizabeth yelled as she walked to slap him. He dodged her slap and pinned her arms behind her back. While her arms were behind her back he kissed her again. She pulled away this time and got free.
 
Elizabeth went back to the couch where and friends were laughing to death. “What's so funny?” Elizabeth asked with a snarl. They just started laughing harder. Payton's laughter was cut short when Kai did the same thing as his brother.