+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Coma ❯ Harrison and Bartley ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It was a snowy night, early January, pretty dark by the time I got out on the streets. The roads had a thin, clear, slippery sheet of ice on them. Enough to slip on after setting one grip of your foot on it. I was standing in the front of an old AmPm gas station right in the middle of Harrison and Bartley. There was a sharp looping turn right in between the two streets, turning onto the twenty. Whoever built the roads weren't too smart, knowing how cold and frosty it gets up here, and how many cars would drive on this road they should have known better. I looked around the corner and saw the fourth car today spin out and land in the ditch. A man climbed out of the car with his hands on both temples, elbows outward. He looked up and closed his eyes for a long time and opened then just to look at the smoke filling the air around his car. I could tell he wanted to let out a big frustrated holler. He looked at his watch and rolled his eyes. Guess he needed to be somewhere. Unlike me. I was just taking my time that day. I worked all day over the weekend and got Monday off. Worked strait through the holiday. The man whose car landed in the ditch began to cross the road. Hurrying, I rushed to my car, didn't want to get stuck with another guy needing a ride again, even though I wanted to help. I opened my door quickly and hopped in, slamming the door behind me. I stuck my keys in the ignition and turned. As I began to pull out of the parking space and back up, the man walked up to my window. I rolled it halfway down and asked, “You alright?” “Yeah, my car just landed in the ditch.” “Mmm…they got a mechanic in the gas station that might be able to help you.” “Oh ok, thanks.” “No problem.” I said as I rolled up my window. Well, at least I didn't get stuck with another one. I swung my steering wheel around and headed for the exit at the turn between Harrison and Bartley. My foot gently hit the gas, and a turned left down Bartley. Should have turned right down Harrison. The front wheels of my car gently slid on the thin sheet of ice over the road. My backend of the car swung around like a tetherball, then what seemed like forever, it ended in just a few seconds. For the first time, my lights went out.