+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Stop Pretending to Sleep ❯ Two Brother's; One Night ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stop Pretending to Sleep *part 10*
 
Justice fell asleep with her back against the wall and her eyes swollen and red.
She woke up to the sound of approaching footsteps. Not wanting to deal with any one right then Justice scrambled to her feet and ran in the opposite direction… right into Tyrone Linington.
“Justice! Where were you? Everyone has been worried.
“Oh... uh… Ty… what are you doing here?” Justice stammered.
“I came to see you. They had an emergency announcement last night in the mess hall. I'm so sorry…
“Whatever! You are not sorry! I told you Kevin was in the hospital and you didn't even care!” Justice screamed, fresh tears forming behind her eyes.
I know and I'm sorry. I was a jerk before but I really am sorry. I was just… jealous before…” Tyrone's head dropped.
The footsteps were getting closer. Justice didn't think that Tyrone had really come to the hospital to give his condolences but she needed to escape the oncoming crowd. Justice wasn't sure if any one knew about Jason yet and she was still not sure how she was going to put into words that everyone lost two brothers in one night.
“Do you want to get out of here? Maybe go get something to eat or go sit by the lake or something?” Tyrone asked.
“Sure Ty… but I have something I have to do first…
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*
After finding all her friends in the hospital and telling them about Jason Justice and Tyrone got in his car and drove away.
“Thank you so much for getting me out of there Ty. I've been in the same stuffy hospital on the same depressing floor for so long I started believing I lived there. Have I missed a lot in school?
“School? That's what you care about right now is school?” Tyrone asked dumbfounded.
“Well no but… I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied ye know? Kevin would've bitched me out so bad if he knew what I was thinking about.
“Oh ye? And what are you thinking about?
“I might drop out of Hawthorn. There's just no reason for me to stay there any more, now that Jay and Kevin are gone.”
Tyrone pulled the car over onto the side of the road and cut the ignition.
Justice was flabbergasted. “What the hell are you doing?
Justice… do you trust me? Honestly, do you trust me? At all?
“Honestly? No… don't take it the wrong way… why?
Tyrone's eyes hardened “Forget it. It's stupid.
“No… I'm sorry. Please tell me?
I said forget it ok! It's fuckin stupid!” Tyrone exclaimed angrily.
Justice was startled. She had known Ty most of her life and had never seen him get so defensive except around his father.
Tyrone restarted the car and pulled back onto the road. They drove in silence for about a half hour before finally reaching the Hawthorn student parking lot. Tyrone barely waited for Justice to get out of the car before removing the key, slamming the door and walking towards the Forbidden Forest. Justice hesitated for a moment before going after him. There have been rumors around school about the Forbidden Forest. Some of the students believe it is a meeting place for the teachers. Some think it's forbidden because of the creatures inside. Whatever the reason, the forest was clearly off limits to all students so why was Ty already weaving his way through the trees?