.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Fight ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19 // Fight

. . .

"Quick! Get in here! The subject's heart is failing!"

"He's stopped breathing!"

"What's going on here?! This hasn't happened with the other subjects!"

"Get the respirator and defibrillator! He costs too much! It'll be my ass on the fire if he dies!"

. . .

Naomi and Fang approached the West Chaos Gate of New Mac Anu. Naomi turned to face Fang.

"...", began Naomi.

"I'll input the keywords.", said Fang as he rushed to gate. He typed several words in such a quick succession that Naomi was unable to discern what they were. The next thing she knew, she was enclosed in several circles of light.

. . .

A barren wasteland lie before them with steam geysers and rocky soil as far as they could see. Thunder filled the cloudy skies. Naomi looked at Fang. "What is this place?", she asked. She had noticed the lack of a dungeon.

"This is where I became strong. This will also be the setting for our fight.", said Fang as he looked straight ahead. He turned to look at Naomi, and grinned. "Shall we begin?", he asked. He took ten paces, and turned to face Naomi. He reached into his pocket, and retrieved a small coin. "We begin when this hits the ground.", he said as he flipped it high into the air.

Naomi had assumed a ready position, when she caught something in the corner of her eye. A wind rushed past her. "Huh?" Before she knew anything, she was knocked off of her feet. She saw the red numbers 1503 appear as she slid to a stop.

#pif#

"What was that?!", shouted Naomi. When she looked at Fang, she could see that the match had already begun. He vaulted high into the air and threw several shuriken.

#thick, thick, thick, thick, thick#

Naomi rolled out of the way, and onto her feet as the shuriken hit the ground. She jumped towards Fang and prepared to strike him with one of her blades. Before she could hit him, the strong wind rushed past her again, and she was knocked to the ground. The same red numbers appeared.

Fang landed, and readied several throwing stars. "They're special monsters. Sonic Boomers. You will have to contend with both me and them, as I will have to contend with both them and you." He pivoted around, and launched his throwing stars.

#whap, whap, whap, whap, whap, whap, whap, whap#

A small monster, goblin-like in appearance, stopped in its tracks, fell on its face, and disappeared.

While his back was turned, Naomi used a Speed Charm and full heal potion, and launched a fireball. "Giga Flame!" #VWOOSH# The searing ball of flame sped past Fang and struck another Sonic Boomer. "LEVEL UP!" appeared above Naomi's head.

Fang turned to face Naomi. "But, that's not all! Oh no, that's not all!" He snapped his finger, and without warning, the sky cleared, and giant trees shot from the ground around them. In an instant, the barren wasteland had turned into a forest. Naomi found herself standing on a tree branch, looking down at Fang. She launched herself towards Fang headfirst. In mid-flight, she quickly brought her blade around to strike the Sonic Boomer rushing above her, and continued her spin. "Staccato DRILL!", she shouted. She became a red whirl as she neared Fang. He tried to cross his arms in front of him for defense, but it was too late. A red 1532 rose from his person. Naomi landed behind him, crouched. From the crouch, she spun into a roundhouse kick. 23. Fang used a dagger to deflect the blade hit that followed from Naomi's current spin, and tossed the dagger sideways to hit another Sonic Boomer. Naomi rushed Fang with a flurry of attacks. All of which he blocked. Block. Block. Counter. Block. Naomi turned to strike another Sonic Boomer, and continued her spin in an attempt to hit Fang. He flipped backwards, threw a dagger, and jumped in. Naomi deflected the dagger, and began to block Fang's offensive. As the two of them exchanged blocks, parries and counters, the leaves on the trees began to fall. Fang rushed in with a kick. 35. Naomi was knocked back. He threw several daggers. #Thuck, thuck, thuck, thuck, thuck# Using her backwards momentum, Naomi somersaulted out of the way, and into another wind. Before she knew anything, she had been knocked skywards. She watched the red numbers rise from where she had once stood. "Hydro Beam!", shouted Fang as he extended an arm at Naomi and shot a solid stream of water into the air. Naomi twisted to avoid it, and landed. As she looked at her skills and magic, she noticed that she had a summon spell. She spread her arms as fire began to encircle her.

Fang began to rush Naomi, but before he could reach her, he was knocked backwards onto his butt by an unseen force. From the fiery circle rose a giant bird. Its feathers were mainly red, and its down was rainbow colored, as was its long tail feathers. It was a phoenix. It let out a majestic cry as it rose into the air. It hovered above Naomi, and opened its beak where an intense energy began to gather. #FRAG# A beam shot from the ball of energy, pierced the ground, and formed a line before Fang. #ZEWEEEEE...# "Uh-oh!", shouted Fang as he began to retreat, but it was too late. #BABOOOOM!# The section of ground exploded, and Fang was knocked onto his back. 5267. He used a full heal potion as he got up. The bird rose above the forest, and began to circle the immediate area. By then, all of the leaves had fallen, and it began to snow.

Fang spun in place rapidly. "Hyper Maelstrom!", he shouted. Thousands of daggers and shuriken filled the air from every angle. Several Sonic Boomers fell. When Fang stopped spinning, the entire area was covered in daggers and shuriken. Naomi lay on the ground not far from his position. As he walked over to her, a light emanated from her person. He looked to the sky. The phoenix began to dive towards Naomi's position. "Uh-oh!", shouted Fang as he began to scramble in the opposite direction. The giant bird's dive hit Naomi's body in a huge explosion. Suddenly, Naomi shot from the smoke and slashed at Fang. He narrowly evaded the hit. She continued her spin into an uppercut slash. It brushed him. 300. She followed that with an overhead stab. It hit a Sonic Boomer. "LEVEL UP!" appeared above her head again. Fang, taking advantage of his opportunity, spun in with an elbow attack. 100. Naomi was knocked backwards. The snow began to melt. She checked her skills again to find that she had a new skill. "DUPLICATE!", she yelled. Suddenly, an exact copy of her appeared next to where she stood. The two of them initiated a new offensive against Fang. One would attack with a flurry of hits, fall back, and let the other take her place. All the while, Fang blocked as best he could. "I can't handle this.", he said. Just then, the double disappeared. "Huh?", said Naomi as she turned her head to where the double previously was. It must be timed, she thought.

"That's it. I'm ending this now!", shouted Fang as he jumped onto a tree. He then launched himself to an even higher position, and vaulted high above the forest.

"Hey!!! What...?!", shouted Naomi. She then began to follow.

Fang noticed that Naomi was following him into the air. She threw a fireball again, "Giga Flame!" Fang threw several daggers down at Naomi. #THUCK, THUCK, THUCK# #VWHOOSH# Naomi was struck by the daggers, and began to plummet into the forest below. Fang had been hit by the fireball, and was knocked even higher into the air. He pointed a two fingers at Naomi. "Bang.", he said as his upward momentum began to cease. He could no longer see Naomi through the foliage. "DOMINO BOOM!", he shouted. The entire section of forest went up in an explosion of mammoth proportions. The red numbers 1535902 rose from the explosion as the forest began to disappear, and the wasteland reappeared.

. . .

Fang walked to the New Mac Anu save point to see Naomi sitting next to it. "Well, a deal is a deal... #Shudder#...", she said. She gave Fang her member address. Fang began to giggle with glee. "Just one thing.", said Naomi in a serious tone.

"What?"

"If you EVER ask me to cyber with you, I'm gonna report your ass! Got it?"

"Awww...."