.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction / .hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//Legend Of Twilight Bracelet Fan Fiction ❯ The World ❯ Log In ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Kite, the area keywords, Skeith, Innis, Magus, Fidchell, Gorre, Macha, Tarvas, Corbenik, or The Epitaph of Twilight. But I do own Zero, Kail, Jak, and the 2nd Twilight Bracelet.

****************

"You guys comin' with me?" I asked my brothers, Christopher and Emilio.

We had just bought the #1 online RPG. The game was called "The World." It's supposed to be the hottest game on Earth.

"You're still editing your character, Emilio?" I asked.

"Don't rush me, Justin!" Emilio yelled.

"Stop fighting! Ya know what? I'm logging in," Christopher said.

"Wait, I'm goin' wit ya. Emilio, email me when you're done. Got it? Don't go into the field alone," I told him.

Christopher and I logged in. We ended up in the Delta Server Root Town, Mac Anu the Aqua Capital. Christopher's character had short platinum-blonde hair with short bangs, aquamarine eyes and tannish-peach skin. It wore all black clothing.

"Chris?" I asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Not Chris. My name is Kail in "The World."

"Kail, huh? Ya know that's a vegetable, right? Nice clothes.....Goth," I said, sarcastically.

"Justin, assuming your name's still....."

"Zero. Name's Zero," I interrupted.

"Zero. You should talk," he said, looking at my character.

My character had short brown hair, hazel eyes, and peach skin. My character wore very medieval-looking clothes. Light tan boots, dark brown pants, dark brown long-sleeved shirt, brown gloves, and a gray brigandine.

"Class?" Kail asked.

"Heavy Blade. You?"

"Twin Blade," he said, drawing his weapon which looked like three blades coming out of his knuckles of both hands.

Emilio suddenly logged in. We knew it was Emilio because he's obsessed with the army. The character that logged in was physically fit. It wore camouflaged clothes. The shirt was short-sleeved. It wore black boots and black gloves that were cut at the knuckles. Your basic G.I. Joe action figure.

"Emilio?" Kail asked.

"Huh? How'd you know my name?"

"We're your brothers, dip-shit," I said.

"So what's your online name?" Kail asked.

"Jak....," Emilio said sheepishly, "Yours?"

"Jak? You can't be a little more original?" Kail said, "My name's Kail, btw.
"Zero. Mine's Zero," I said.

"Hey, isn't Kail a name for a vegetable?" Jak asked.

Kail's face got red, "It's spelled differently, ya know."

We started laughing.

"So what do we do now?" Jak asked.

"We?" I asked, "No, no. You guys. You guys'll go to this field. I, on other hand, have to go meet someone."

"Who?" my brothers asked.

"I dunno. Someone named Kite. He emailed me when I logged in," I explained, "I'm goin't'be at Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground, if ya need me."

I entered the Chaos Gate and warped to the field. At least I thought it was a field. I saw a pathway leading to a big cathedral.

"What is this place?"

I walked to the doors of the cathedral and opened them.

"Hello?" I said, echoing throughout the inside, "Is anyone here? Kite?"

Silence. I started walking toward the back of the cathedral. As I walked, I saw a player who's clothing were red. His boots were brown, his hair...green. As I got closer to him, I noticed a strange symbol on his pants. He appeared to be of the Twin Blade class.

"Kite?"

****************

Meanwhile, in the field, Î" Bursting Passed Over Aquafield, Kail and Jak were busy fighting Goblin.

"Jak, you ready?"

"Uh..."

"C'mon, draw your sword," Kail said, drawing three small blades appearing from his knuckles.

"Uh..." Jak said, gating out.

"Hey! Oh, well. No experience for him."

Kail rushed at the Goblin, delivering a one-hit KO on it.

"What the hell?!"

****************

"Who's looking for him?" the player asked.

"My name's Zero. You sent me an email."

"Good. I'm glad you're here."

"So...," I said, "What's up?"

"I need your help."

"Why?"

"You have the other Bracelet of Twilight."

"Bracelet?"

"Have you ever used magic even if you didn't have the ability or the scroll of?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"The power of Your Twilight Bracelet. Data Magic, the power to drain the magic of enemies and use it as your own. Who else was with you when you got your Twilight Bracelet?"

"Listen. I didn't even know I even had this bracelet."

"We need to find the third bracelet. It has the power, Data Shield, the power to deflect any attacks, magical or physical, including Data Drain. The power I hold."

"Are you saying other people can use Data Drain?"

`Yes. Skeith, Innis and Magus had the power to Data Drain."

"But you destroyed them."

"No, they couldn't control the power. My allies, BlackRose, Mistral, Mia, Elk, and Natsume weakened them. So weak, that I could Data Drain `em."

"But what am I supposed to do?"

"Morganna is back."

"Morganna? The origin of The World has come back even stronger."

"Skeith..., Innis..., Magus..., I've heard their names somewhere called the ..."

"The Epitaph of Twilight."

"That's it."

"It written here, engraved into the Statue of Aura, " Kite said, pointing to saddened statue of a girl.

"Aura....Hey, isn't that the girl Tsukasa, Bear, Mimiru, Sora, Subaru, my mom, Crim, and the Silver Knight woke up?"

"You know about that?" Kite asked, "Your mom?"

"My mom played The World under the alias BT. She told me they had awakened Aura."

An hour passed by. I was so bored; I started to read the words engraved into Aura's statue. I had always wanted to read it. It read:

Unknown where the Cursed Wave was

born...

After the stars doth cross the

heavens,

The sky in the East doth darken and

air doth fill with mourning,'

From the chosen land beyond the

forest, a sign of the Wave comes.

Riding the wake is Skeith,

the Shadow of Death,

to drown all that stands.

Mirage of deceit, Innis,

betray all with the flawed image,

and did aid the Wave.

By the power of Magus, a drop from

the Wave doth reach the heavens,

and creates a new Wave.

With the Wave, Fidchell, the power

to tell the dark future:

hope darkens, sadness and

despair rules.

Gorre schemes when swallowed by the

Cursed Wave.

Macha seduces with the sweet trap.

Wave reaches the pinnacle

and escape none can.

Tarvas still remains with more

cruelty to punish and destroy.

And with the turbulent destruction,

After the wave, only a void remains

And from the deep within the void

arrives Corbenik

Perhaps the Wave is just a

beginning as well.

****************

Zero-kun - Ah! Finally done. Sorry for the delay. I had a ton of tests to study for. Thanks to my virtual co-writer/commentator, I finished. This is the extended version of chapter one.

Neko-chan - Great story, Zero. O_O It got so interesting. Why'd you stop there?]

Zero-kun - ::shakes head:: I have my reasons Neko. Anyway, please review and no flames ::mumbles:: even though I got a few already.