6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: At'Choo ❯ Wild Jude Chase ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
We called the police and sent out a report. They promised to do their best, and that no harm was to come to Jude if they found him… provided of course he didn't do anything bad. We also tried to call Jude's folks, but they weren't home… as usual.
Ron allowed us to stay in the mall well after closing to help in the search, but even with all police reports we received with the help of Ron's old equipment, the search continued long into the night, some of us were getting tired, but too worried to sleep.
Ron's radio continued to give us reports, and we got more phone calls from the police. Every domestic, or peace disturbance was reported. Even some crimes of graffiti, but so many of the crimes were all alike to as what someone would do in Jude's condition, it was hard to tell where he was.
We marked all the places reported on a giant map of the city, but we all felt like we were stumbling around like blind-people. Jen even realized, “Look at all these marks, their all over the place. Jude can't be doing all this at once.”
“Oh, you're right.” I sighed “How far can he get on a lawn-mower?”
Jonesy wanted to find Jude a lot, but he also had to get that mower back. “Or I'm canned out of another job.”
Nikki flicked his ear, “Right now our friend is more important than a silly job…” she scolded, but then her voice soften, “Besides… when has the Jonesmeister ever not found a job before?”
“Focus here, people! Focus!” snapped Ron. “This is no time to be arguing with each other, we got a fugitive on the loose.”
“Uh… technically, Jude's not a fugitive.” Wyatt pointed out.
Ron gave him a strict and angry look, “NO… BUT YOU WILL BE IF YOU QUESTION WHAT I SAY AGAIN, SOLDIER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!”
“Sir…! Yes Sir!” Wyatt snapped as he saluted.
“All right…! Knock it off!” I shouted. “This isn't going to help us. Now let's keep searching!”
We all continued to work, and Jonesy had just received a call form the county-zoo. “The police just reported a missing tiger.” He said, but then we all looked shocked. “A missing tiger…?!”
Caitlin brought her hands to her mouth, “Oh, my-gosh, Jude!”
“Oh, come on…” Wyatt chuckled “even Jude would have more sense than to kidnap a tiger.” The rest of us weren't so sure of that. I decided to go get my car and some of us would go looking for Jude ourselves.
“But what if he's got the tiger with him?” asked Jen.
“Then he won't be hard to spot.” Jonesy said. He, Nikki and Jen came with me, Caitlin and Wyatt stayed with Ron. Our search continued long into the night.
The sky was starting to brighten by the time we got back to the mall-- All of us sleepy, and a little cranky from being up for almost twenty-four hours. Even Ron was getting tired and running out of tape for his eyelids. “Don't fall asleep! Stay on guard soldier!” then he was snoring with his eyes open.
We all came into Ron's office. “How'd it go…?” Caitlin asked.
“Terrible…!” I groaned.
“We did find the law-mower, though.” added Nikki.
“Good… it means you can keep your job Jonesy.” said Wyatt, but Jonesy shook his head, “Not if I can't get the banzai trees and playground steel-beams out of the blade.”
To make matters worse, no more disturbances had been reported for hours. We were starting to lose hope. Caitlin was really worried if something horrible had happened to Jude. None of us had anything to say, too tired and too worried to think straight.
Just then, the door to Ron's office creaked open, and in walked a very woozy and twitching, “JUDE…!” we all cried.
Jude held his aching head in pain and blinked his red rimmed eyes at us. “Would someone… mind pouring… three or four buckets of coffee on my head? Hoo-oo-ooh…!”And he fell flat on the floor.
Despite being tired, we took him to the hospital, and it was a good thing Caitlin's mom was free and decided to see Jude anyway. While she examined Jude, we all got some coffee from the cafeteria, Wyatt didn't even mind that it didn't taste as well.
Dr. Cooke came back and told us Jude was fine and that we could see him now. Jude laid in a hospital bed a half a gauze-mask over one side of his face, to help the rash he had.
It turned out that Jude was suffering from a serious allergic reaction to carotene. The reaction, combined with Jude's evil gene, resulted in wild-erratic behavior patterns and general irresponsibility… especially if it was consumed with fatty foods… like a pizza
“Dude!” groaned Jude “Does this mean like, I can't east carrots anymore?”
Dr. Cooke explained it was only serious if Jude ever repeated his actions-- eating so much carotene combined with fatty foods at once. She gave him a pamphlet to study, and was going to prescribe some special medicine for him. “But the worst is over.”
We all felt so relieved, and Caitlin thanked her mother. Her mother smiled, and then told Caitlin to roll up her sleeves as she pulled out a hypodermic. “Hey! What are you doing…?”
“Why… helping you with your allergy symptoms.” replied her mother “You're blood tested positive on an allergy to pollen and I won't have my daughter sneezing her head off all the time.”
Caitlin almost put up a fuss, but agreed to the needle. “It won't hurt a bit.” Her mother said, but the rest of us covered our ears and ducked down as the whole hospital seemed to shake and quiver as Caitlin let out her trademark scream…!
So that was all dealt with, and Jonesy got fired too. In future, we would all be more careful around gardening, and vegetables.
Ending Credits
I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way
I love my job, and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever
I'm 7teen… 7…TEEN
Still, the memories will last.
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
7TEEN!
Author's notes:
But don't any of you be getting any ideas into your head…
You eat your vegetables, you'll be surprised what they can do… OTHER… than gross some of you out.