6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Birthday Blunders ❯ Missing Mykan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The next day, the whole gang except for me, had gathered at The Lemon. My birthday was the tomorrow, and so far Jen and to make matters worse, Jonesy lost his deals with the food, even with Wyatt…
 
Word about what I had fond out spread pretty fast through the mall. Jen sighed, “This is a total disaster.”
 
“I think that's the understatement of the year.” Wyatt said, “I told you Mykan wasn't going to like this.”
 
“No you didn't…!” protested Jen.
 
Wyatt suddenly remembered that he did say it, but muttering under his breath. “I stand corrected.”
 
“Now what do we do?” Caitlin asked, “We haven't really got much to go on, and Mykan hasn't shown up all day.”
 
Jen felt worried, “You don't think he's… you know… mad at me?”
 
There was a brief moment of silence. “Well… he did sort of give you a straight look the other day.” said Nikki, “And he did just run off without saying anything.”
 
Jen grunted and slammed her face down on the table, “All I wanted to do was give him a decent birthday party so that for once he could feel like his birthday was special.”
 
“Aw, relax, Jen…” said Wyatt, “Remember it's the thought that counts.” But he soon got a sour-look from her. “Not the right thing to say, huh?”
 
Jen wasn't going to stand for this, she was still going to try and plan a party for me, “Even if I have to plan it all by myself!” and she took off with fire blazing in her eyes. “Wow…! That was… something.” Nikki said, but no one else said a thing after that.
 
 
All the rest of that day, things didn't improve well for Jen. If anything they became worse. Jen tried to book a place for the party, and order up more food, but everywhere she went… she was rejected.
 
That's because it turned out that I called ahead, to every possible thing there was. I told them not to accept from Jennifer Masterson, or give photo of Jen which below was scribbled, “Do not sell to this girl.”
 
Jen even tried to call me on my cell-phone numerous times… but all she got was my messenger. Either I was too busy, or just not answering her. Her guess that it was defiantly number-two.
 
Comic-Cavern was closed that day; I was the owner and founder, and I didn't have any employees. I could close up shop and work when I felt like it. “Ugh! This cannot be happening to me!” Jen sneered to particularly no one.
 
She tried asking people around the mall if they had seen me, but, you guessed it, she got no results. Even Amelie said she hadn't seen me, “Sorry, Jen…” she said, “If zee `im I will let you know. Oui.”
 
After Jen had gone Amelie looked down at her feet. “Alors.. she is gone.” she whispered. I stood up, from hiding behind the counter all along. “Whew… that was way too close.” I sighed in relief.
 
My girlfriend nodded. “You sure are going to a lot of trouble.” she said to me. “What are you really planning…?”
 
I tipped my shades at her which gave her the expression, “I'm not telling.”
 
“You'll just have to wait until tonight.” I said cheekily, “Heh! I gotta' run… I'll see ya tonight.” I pecked her on the cheek and dashed off to do… whatever it was I was planning. Even Amelie didn't know…
 
 
By the time the mall was ready to close, Jen had given up. “I can't believe this. I just… can't… believe this!” she groaned.
 
Caitlin could see, “This calls for a triple-lemon whip.” And she began to slice, and mix up her lemons the like the pro she was, just then, Serena, Starr, and Amelie came by the table. “What are you three doing here…?” Jonesy asked.
 
“We got this totally strange text-message…” Starr said. “It's like somebody's spying on us, and wanting us to meet in a random location.”
 
Everyone, even Jude blinked their eyes in confusion. That's when everyone's cell-phones rang all with the same message…
 
Come to Comic-Cavern, and don't worry, I got permission from Ron.”
 
“???”
 
Even though it had no signature, everyone recognized the number of my cell-phone, and unable to resist, they all headed for my store.
 
Upon their arrival, it was pitch black inside. All the lights were out, all the marquis-lights were out. “What's going on here?” Caitlin asked, but no body had a clue as they all stepped into the store.
 
“Uh… Mykan…?” Wyatt called. “Are you in here…?”
 
Suddenly, the gates to the store slammed closed, nearly scaring everyone to death, but suddenly the lights flicked on, and BOOM! The light flared-up, and confetti and small streamers fell from the ceiling.
 
Everyone shrieked, but then realized that it was a small party. I had food tables set up. The shelves and displays cast aside to make space, and I even made my own birthday banner. “Well… what say guys?” I said with a smirk.
 
Everyone was near speechless, Jen in particular. “Mykan…! You did all this…?”
 
I nodded, “Surprised you didn't I…?”
 
The others all looked around. “Du-hu-hude… look at all this food.”
 
Wyatt admired the DJ stand I had rented, “Sweet digs…”
 
Caitlin was amazed at the decorations I had gotten. “Look at all these colors…”
 
I explained to the others, I figured I'd show them all what it's like to just chill and keep it quiet, “So I threw a party for you guys.”
 
Then I cast a look at Jen, “See, Jen… I don't mind if my birthday isn't so big, or small. My birthday is still my birthday, and that can't be denied.”
 
Jen smiled and hugged me…
 
Everyone awed and then Wyatt started up the music… “Let's party everyone.”
 
We all had a blast. Pigging out on the food, playing video-games and watching DVDs on the picture screen, and we even had a dance-a-thon… and yeah, of course I got a cake and candles too…
 
And the best bit was the slow-dancing. I just had to play Dawg-Toy…
 
-I'm watchin' you dance.
It's my only chance
For a taste of your lips.
My hand on your hips.
Till the day you say yes to me.
 
Starr danced with Jude, though Jude paused to let Caitlin have a go. Wyatt with Serena. Jonesy with Nikki, but he stopped for a brief to let Jen have a go, and of course… I danced with Amelie.
 
“So its official…” I said as I gazed into her eyes behind my shades, “I'm seventeen years young, and proud of it.”
 
My girlfriend giggled, Joyeux Anniversaire mon cher. She said to me in French, which meant, “Happy Birthday my cher.” We shared a deep kiss as we continued to dance.
 
You'll always be…
My fantasy…