6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Bowling Bros ❯ Easy Streak ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
We told the girls the next day. Jen was impressed, and so was Nikki. “Look at me… I'm married to a league bowler.” she joked.
“When's your first game?” Jen asked.
“Tonight…” I answered. “We're playing against the Pretty Pinners; an all-girl-team.”
The girls were allowed to come and watch us if they wanted, but all spectators were expected to behave. Jonesy even asked for his timetable to be shifted to daytime so he'd be free to bowl at night. “Speaking of which… I'm gone.” he said as he kissed Nikki goodbye and left for work.
Caitlin was still being grouchy and unreasonable. “There is no way I am going to set foot in that ugly place again.” she stated.
“Ah, come, Caitlin… it won't be so bad.” Wyatt said. “You don't even have to come near the lanes this time.”
Caitlin just growled like a lioness while narrowing her angry eyes. “Okay, okay… you don't have to come.”
I decided to get off my stool away form Caitlin in case she tried to bite my head off next. Jen and Nikki decided it would be better to spend time with Caitlin rather than leave her all alone. It would give me and the guys a better chance to concentrate.
That night, the guys and I put on white T-shirts with our names on the front, and our team name on the back drawn in black ink. We got a good sight of our competition. The Pretty Pinners were indeed hot teenage girls. Some of which the guys even dated before…
Sophia… the girl with golden blonde curls…
Joanie… form when Jonesy worked at the travel agency
Monica… the hot-dog girl who used to be in the girls sisterhood of pay-pack.
And Britney, one of the two girls who played Wyatt and Jonesy for saps on a double date once.
The girls were known for their craftiness by distracting the male bowlers on their opposing teams with their good looks and charms, especially single men. That and they were good bowlers too.
They flirted with us when we met before the start of our game, and obviously were trying to make us weak in the knees. Too bad they didn't realize we were only playing them for saps. Jonesy was married to Nikki, and Wyatt, Jude, and I were taken with our own girlfriends.
Then it was game time…
The girls tried their pretty-girl acts on us, but we didn't buy it one bit. Not even Jonesy. Being married really made him strong. Still, the girls were good, maybe even better than us.
By game's end the girls were nine points ahead. It was the last frame for our team, and Jonesy was up. We needed a strike or a spare to win. Jonesy held his ball and stared at the pins with concentration. “Come on, baby. COME ON…!” he cried as he rolled the ball, and would you believe, he got a seven-ten split again!
The girls laughed at us. “Well that's a funny looking strike.” One of them teased us.
Our team felt dismayed, but at least we had a chance for a tie-game if Jonesy could knock one more pin down. “No way, man…!” Jude sneered. “We're in it to win it.”
Wyatt and I agreed. Jonesy broke a seven-ten before, and we knew he could do it again. “Yeah…! That's right…” snapped Jonesy as he grabbed his last ball. As he concentrated, the guys and I quietly whispered to one another to start praying, and rooting for Jonesy that he could do it, but that's when Jonesy approached us to explain that we missed it again… he made the spare…
…We Won!
We cheered and bopped fists and even hugged each other for joy. The girls were disappointed, but they were impressed that someone had broken a seven-ten split.
The next day, we met at the lemon and talked about our victory. “Way to go!” Jen congratulated us.
Nikki was impressed that her husband had some sort of gift for breaking such a split with ease. “Finally… something you're good at.” Nikki teased.
“Oh, I'm good at other things too.” Jonesy flirted to his wife, and she gazed at him naughtily. “Ahem!” Wyatt said, snapping them out of it. “We can't let this one game go to our heads. We got a long way to go before we're near the top.”
Caitlin sniffed the air. “What is that smell?”
Jude lifted up his bowling-ball bag, and apologized. “Forgot to clean it out last night...”
All of us held our noses in disgust, and Caitlin was ready to lose her temper. “All right that's it… bowlers… SHOO! Get out of here.” She didn't stop until the guys and I had left. The girls were getting really irritated with Caitlin's issue. “Caitlin… you've got to stop this!” snapped Jen.
Caitlin just folded her arms, Jen and Nikki decided to leave her. Caitlin was really upset now, and being very unreasonable. Why did the others and I have to like such a sport when she didn't?
A few nights passed and we Bowling Bros were on fire. We lost one or two games, but we stood strong and made it into the top five teams. We faced many different teams…
The Jedi bowl club, which had Darth and Julie in it. The force was not strong with those ones.
The Striker-Spares…
They even parried us up with the seniors, when there was a mix up, but the rules were accepted. That team consisted of Ron, Coach Halder, George Bickerson, and Stuart form the pharmacy.
He was acting rather nervous as he stepped up to the lane. “Oh… oh my… oh goodness… oh please, oh please!” He didn't role the ball too hard, but he actually bowled a strike, and fainted out of overstress. The elderly old men mocked and hooted at us, which made them cough and wheeze a little.
Jude gazed at me, “All right, bowlin' bro Spotswood. We need a strike to win. Can ya do it, dude?”
I tipped my shades at him and smirked. “Ask me something you don't know.” I said as I cracked my knuckles and took my ball. I relaxed; I concentrated, and rolled the ball down the lane.
CRASH! A perfect strike and another match won for the Bowling Bros.
As the bowling nights came and went. We were really at the top of our game, and before we knew it, we made it to number-two in the rankings. The only team above us, in first place, was the Rock `N Bowlers.
This was where we were starting to worry. Those guys were the toughest on the lanes. In fact, they were only a few lanes down form us warming up. The team consisted of Christo, Blade, and two other nameless big guys, just as mean, and bullying as the jerk-jocks.
“We'll never beat those guys.” said Wyatt. “They've been the champions for three years straight.”
“I heard they make the pins fall down just by starin' at em.” added Jude.
Christo was up and bowled over nine pins. Jonesy laughed out loud. “What's the matter? Big guy couldn't get a strike?”
Christo stomped his huge foot and glared down at the lone pin, and sure enough… it toppled right over, causing me and the guys to gawk in shock, and worry.