6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Bowling Bros ❯ Go Bowling Bros ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ONE
We kept our scoreboards from last night, and we all bowled really high games. Almost perfect even. “We're just like league bowlers.” Wyatt said.
“Oh, please…” Nikki said. “Do you honestly think any of us could be seen as league bowlers, and wearing those tacky outfits.”
“Why not…?” I asked. “Stranger things have happened.”
Caitlin popped up from behind the lemon, still feeling grouchy and spraying herself with body-spray. “Just as long as I don't have to be there…”
“What is with you and bowling alley, Cait…?” Jen demanded to know. We all wanted to know.
Caitlin never forgot one time when she was little that her father was forced to look after her, so he took her with him to his bowling night with his buddies. She was only six years old then. It was her very first time ever at a bowling alley, and it seemed strange at first sight. It was very noisy too, but that wasn't the half of it.
Caitlin was fascinated by the large bowling balls. They were so shiny and colorful. She could almost see her reflection in a pink one. She tried to pick it up off the rack, but as expected, it was very heavy a little girl like Caitlin back then , but she kept on trying. Finally, she slipped and flung backwards bumped into a table that tipped over and spilled five full glasses of beer all over her, drenching her completely.
“Eww… EEEEEWW!”
“Eww… EEEEEWW!”
“Eww… EEEEEWW!”
She was squealing like that all night, and all the next day, even after five baths, and she never trusted anything to do with bowling again.
Caitlin felt so embarrassed, but the rest of us… we tried to hold it in… but… we burst out laughing so hard that some of us fell out of our seats. Jen tried to speak, “That is… just so…!” she couldn't finish. She was laughing too hard on the floor and kicking her feet.
“Don't laugh!” snapped Caitlin. “It's not funny.”
“Maybe not to you, bra, but…” Jude couldn't finish either. Then we all stopped… only to break out laughing again, but then we stopped for good. “Caitlin, you can't let one bad experience stop you like that.” Nikki said.
Caitlin wouldn't let us talk her into it. She made up her mind and she was going to stick by it. Lanes and she just didn't mix.
Later that day, the guys and I met at McFlipsters for lunch. Wyatt even came up with this new jingle verse for the soldier march as her flipped our burgers.
“Here is lunch for bowling guys…
“Here's your burger, here's your fries.
We all did a “Sound off” together before sitting to eat.
“So what do we do now…?” I asked.
“Order another round of chili-fries?” asked Jude.
The rest of us gazed at Jude's empty fry-carton. “You're finished them already…?” Wyatt.
“What do you do, inhale them?” I added.
Jonesy gazed down at his own empty carton, “He… he ate mine too.”
“Sorry…” said Jude. “But they're just… so… good…!”
Wyatt replaced Jonesy's fries for free, and I was referring to what we were to do about Caitlin. The fact that she really hated bowling shocked us all. There had to be a way to get her into the game, but we figured it best not to pressure her... Wyatt knew form personal experience that Caitlin could get really nasty when she was forced into things.
With that already wrapped up, Jonesy decided to invite us guys to another bowling night, without the girls this time. “Don't you have to work tonight?” asked Wyatt.
“Nope… they moved my shift to afternoon; I'll be off by sunset.”
The guys and I were really looking forward to our bowling night, but it turned out that the reason Jonesy's shift had been moved was because it was league night, and the lanes were closed to all non-league bowlers, the manager couldn't even give a lane to his own mother.
“Not cool, Bro. Not cool.” Jude groaned in dismay. “Bummer.” added Wyatt.
At least we were allowed to stay and watch the leagues bowl. “Ah, man! This totally blows.” groaned Jonesy.
I agreed with him. “If only we were league bowlers, then maybe we wouldn't be in this fix.”
Then, we all happened upon the same idea. “Maybe we can…” said Wyatt.
“Du-hude!” exclaimed Jude.
With that settled, we all talked to Jonesy's boss, but we were dismayed to find out that since we all underage we couldn't joint he professional league nights. However, there also was a youth-league program for ages 6 to 21, just perfect for us, and the grand prize was ten-thousand dollars.
Now, all we needed was a one-thousand dollar deposit for the senior-youth league, we had twenty-four hours to pay. So we all decided to head home and get our things together.
As we walked, the only thing left to decide was a name for our team. “How `bout the Bowlin' Bros?” Jude suggested. We all liked that. It had a nice ring to it too.
We put our hands together in the middle and shouted, “GO…BOWLING BROS!”
Now all we had to do was get our deposit ready, which we did, by paying two-fifty each. Though, Wyatt, Jude, and I were confused… Jonesy didn't get paid yet. So where did his share of the money come from?
Well it didn't matter too much now. We were all set.