6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Driving U Crazy ❯ Nice in the vice ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
When Jen got home, Robbie and Diego really gave her the cold shoulder for getting Jonesy kicked out of the house, and they pranked her endlessly in an act of retaliation.
 
Courtney had nothing to say to Jen, partially because she was mad at her for what she did to Jonesy, but mostly for not tell her that I had a girlfriend already. “If you'll excuse me… I gotta' go think of a way to snag me Mykan.”
 
The only people of course who still didn't know were her mom, and Jonesy's dad. She even found her mom clearing out some of the stuff in Jonesy's room. “Mom… what are you doing?” she asked.
 
Emma explained that since Jonesy no longer lived at home, “We may as well give his stuff away in the yard sale next weekend. It'll help to make money to pay for repairs to the house.”
 
Jen knew she couldn't do this anymore. She couldn't let this happen to Jonesy, and the only way to make it stop was for her to come clean… so she walked to the garage… where her step-father was pounding useless wood chunks with a hammer.
 
“Uh… Dad…?” she asked.
 
Her step-father calmly looked towards her, “Yeah honey…?” he asked. “Oh this…?” he asked motioning to his hammer. “Well this is sort of my way of blowing steam…”
 
Jen gulped had and giggled nervously. “Uh, Dad… do you remember that hole in the house…?”
 
Her step-father looked up. “You mean the one the size of a pickup-truck…?” her step-father sarcastically asked, “What about it…?”
 
Jen was hesitant for a moment. Her teeth were chattering, and she twiddled her fingers. “Well… you see… Jonesy' didn't do that… I did.”
 
Instead of pounding the hammer, her step-father slowly put it down, and gazed over at her. “Oh…?” he asked with a really straight tone. “Yeah, Dad…” replied Jen, “Jonesy was just covering for me.”
 
Her step-father got up, standing straight and tall. “I see…” He got up. Closed the garage door, and locked it. “Now let me see if I understand this young lady…”
 
“You drove the car-- without a valid licence… right through the front-door, and let somebody else take the wrap…?”
 
Jen admitted that she didn't want to tell Charlie that she flunked her drivers-test. “I didn't want to lose the chance to get him back… or his respect.” She explained. “Instead I really messed up, and now I've lost the respect of my friends, Courtney, Robbie, Diego… and you.”
 
Her step-father shook his head and sighed. “Jennifer…” he said in what was surprisingly a calm voice as he put a warm hand on her shoulder. “Jennifer Emma Masterson/Garcia…”
 
“Honey you haven't lost my respect. You messed up, and well… messing up is a part of life. It's a way of growing-up.” Then he realized, “In a way… I too messed up.”
 
“How…?” Jen asked.
 
“Well… I shouldn't have taken you on that last minute test.” replied her step-father. “I wanted to help you gain confidence, and… well… I guess all I did was shake you up, and I'm sorry.”
 
Jen smiled for the first time in a whole day, “Maybe… we both learned something from this…?” Her step-father nodded. “Thanks Dad… I'll keep that in mind.” Jen was about to open the door…
 
“Jennifer…?” her step-father called back. “I am the father-figure… I learned for this. You are the daughter. You too learned from this, but… you also get punished.”
 
Jen sighed. She knew it was too easy. “Okay… let's have it.” she whimpered softly.
 
“Well… you are grounded for one month; you may only go to the mall for work, and nothing more. Plus, you have to wait an additional two months before you can take another drivers-test.”
 
Jen's eyes bulged, “Three whole months…?” she groaned. “Uh… that's fair.” She quickly said.
 
“…And I also want you to tell Jonesy that he may come home, and apologize to him from me by making it up to what he did for you. After that… you are to do odd-jobs around the house until every cent of the damages is paid of. At five-dollars an hour, plus your pay check from the Penalty-Box… it shouldn't take you anymore than two years.”
 
“Uh, Dad…?” Jen asked. “Doesn't at least count that I did come in here and tell you the truth?”
 
She received another pat on the back, “Okay. Ten dollars an hour...”
 
 
Eventually, the house was fixed up, and Jonesy got let back in. The gang ended the silent treatment, and I finally cleaned up my apartment.
 
 
Jen realized, “Okay… so maybe you did do something nice for Me.” she said, “And I guess I can let it roll… this time.”
 
Her step-brother nodded…
 
Just then, Ron came by, “Oh, no… here comes trouble.” Wyatt said.
 
Jude looked up into Ron's angry face, “Dude… what's the problem…?” he asked.
 
Ron's eyes narrowed, “You maggots have officially been loitering here for the past hour and a-half. That's enough for me to ban you from the mall permanently, or keep you in the detention hall for six months…”
 
Nikki said to him, “Uh case in point, you're not allowed to do things like that.”
 
Caitlin nodded, “Yeah, and besides… I work here. I loiter all the time.” She covered her mouth, “Oops…”
 
“That's it…!” growled Ron, as he scribbled in his notepad. “You're all going under probation for this…!”
 
I fixed my shades, and my lips curled into a sneer. “Hey, Ron…?” I asked. “What do you want punk?” Ron snapped at me.
 
“I was just wondering-- Do you want to know Y?”
 
“How's that…?”
 
“I say… Do you want to know Y?”
 
“I most certain do wanna know Y.” Ron growled.
 
I shrugged my shoulders, “Okay…” and then BOING… I stuck a huge Capital-Y on Ron's chest. “Now you know Y… Get it?”
 
Everyone laughed hysterically, Jonesy even fell out of his chair laughing. “Oh… Y?” Ron sighed sadly. “Y…?” and he walked off.
 
“Heh, heh… am I bad or what?” I asked playfully.
 
“I think your bad, Mykan Spotswood…” said a voice I hoped it wasn't what I heard. It was Courtney. “Oh no…! See ya guys!” I cried and then ran off with Courtney chasing me…
 
“Keep away from me you mongrel…!” I called.
 
The others however couldn't help but laugh again.
 
“HELP ME…!”
 
 
“Ending Theme”
 
-I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way.
I love my job, and I live at the mall today.
And I… am on my own now and forever…
 
I'm… 7teen…
Life was sweet,
Through we grew up way too fast…
Still the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan…
 
“7TEEN”