6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: For Love, For Jude. ❯ A surprise from down under ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
At “Grind-Me” Caitlin and Charles, whom she was already starting to treat like a boyfriend, were having a lovely chat and found that they had loads of things in common. They were then accompanied by Jen and Joey who were also taking a break-date. She and Joey too were starting to look tight after just a few dates.
 
Just then, the girls caught a glimpse of a red-headed girl sitting by the sofas with two coffees in her hand. “Isn't that Rita?” asked Jen.
 
It was her alright, and she looked exactly the same as she on the day Jonesy dumped her for Jude who was dumping her. Rita checked her watch which struck the girls that obviously she was waiting for someone. “Would you boys excuse us for a minute?” Caitlin asked.
 
“Sure no sweat…” said Joey.
 
“Just you make sure you hurry back…” Charles said flirtingly. The girls blushed, and then left, unaware that boys got a call from “Albatross `N Finch”… and it didn't sound good.
 
Rita checked her watch for the umpteenth time. “Wonder what's keeping Judykinns?” she said aloud. Then she saw Jen and Caitlin sit next to her. “Hey, Rita. So you're waiting for Jude?” Caitlin asked.
 
Rita nodded, “He was supposed to meet me thirty seconds ago, but he hasn't shown up again.” she said sounded worried.
 
“Uh, Rita…” Jen said, “Don't you remember Jude has Jonesy ell you last year?”
 
Rita just blinked once indicating she obviously didn't remember. “You know…?” replied Jen, “Breaking up with you on Jude's behalf.”
 
Rita gasped, “Oh yeah… right.” she said, “But hey, just because we're not boyfriend and girlfriend doesn't mean we can't still go out. Who knows… maybe we can even arrange wedding plans.”
 
Caitlin and Jen never knew a girl could be so psychotic… until now. “Uh… o-kay then…” said Caitlin “We'll catch you later.” and she and Jen dashed away.
 
“Wow… she really must be crushing hard.” said Jen.
 
Caitlin agreed, but when she and Jen got back to their table, they found Joey and Charles had gone, and left them a note…
 
“Dear Jen and Caitlin…”
 
“We're sorry we ditched you, but the shop called us up and found out what we've been doing… and well, they gave us a choice, either you girls or our jobs, and this may sound selfish, but we chose our jobs… we need the money.”
 
“We're just as upset as you two are right now, but hopefully one day we can try again. We'll be thinking of you two always.”
 
“Joey and Charles…!”
 
Jen and Caitlin were crushed, “And I was starting to think… Charles was… “The one” Caitlin sobbed softly. Even though Jen had a feeling Caitlin was going to make that ridiculous saying again, she was too upset from being dumped.
 
Meanwhile
 
Jude was already on his way to the back alley behind the mall to meet the person who sent him the note at “Stick-It” He knew it wasn't Rita because she was just like him; could read the word Anonymous” but not actually spell it the correct way, and he knew for certain it wasn't from Claudette because she could only speak and write in French.
 
“Uh… hello…?” Jude called. “Anonymous dude?”
 
Just then he felt someone's hand touch his shoulder, he turned around and yelped, but then a familiar girl he once knew covered his mouth. “Shh… keep it down Jude.”
 
“Melinda…?” Jude said. “Melinda Wilson?”
 
His Ex-girlfriend smiled, “It's been a long time.” she said.
 
Jude remembered Melinda from way back when she liked him a lot but was ashamed to see him in public just because she was a high-school senior and he wasn't. So they always ended up meeting in weird, yet secluded areas.
 
“So uh… I guess you're in college now?” Jude asked.
 
Melinda nodded, “Now look…” she said, “I know this may sound awkward, but I want to take you back.”
 
Jude's eyes widened, “Y-y-you what?” he asked.
 
Melinda explained that even though she was ashamed to be seen with Jude in public, she missed him a lot and wanted him to take her back… completely unaware that Jude was taken already.
 
Before Jude could tell her, “I got to run…” Melinda said, “My friends think I'm just stepping into the washrooms. I'll call and meet you later.”
 
“Yeah but Melinda…?” Jude tried to tell her, but she was already out of sight. Jude felt so frustrated that he began to bang his head against the hard brick walls, and then he stopped. “Ow…!”
 
Meanwhile
 
“Welcome to the Kaki-Barn…”
 
Nikki was folding clothes, not caring at all if she made them look neat or not, while Kristen, Kirsten, and Krissy were gazing outside across the way at “Dingo-Dungeon”
 
“Have you girls seen their merchandise…?” cried Kristen. “It's like so incredibly cute.”
 
“I know, I totally bout myself a new vest there.” Kirsten said as she pulled out a hikers-vest that was actually colored “Pink…?” cried Nikki, “You have got to be kidding me?”
 
“As if…” replied Kirsten, “And I bought vests for the rest of you… even you Nikki.”
 
“What…? Nikki cried as the vest landed on her head form being thrown. The Clones were dazzled. “Oh my gosh-- We should make this part of our new Wacky-Wednesday-Wear.” Krissy suggested.
 
“EEE…!”
 
Nikki covered her ears and ran out of the store for some much needed air, so she dashed all the way to Ding-Dungeon and bumped right into Jonesy. “Hey, whoa… take it easy there.” her boyfriend said. “Clones giving you a rough time again…?”
 
“And how…” cried Nikki.
 
Jonesy held her close. “Stick with me, and check this place out.”
 
Nikki found that the others were right; Ding-Dungeon was almost exactly like the Khaki-Barn, but with an Australian thrown-in. The walls were even painted to look like a jungle-background, and the store-speakers played Australian animal sound instead of music.
 
“Jonesy…” a girl called in an Australian accent. “Can ye come and give a hand over `ere?” This girl looked exactly like Caitlin; expect she had brown hair instead of blonde.
 
“I'll be right there Callie…” called Jonesy.
 
Nikki wasn't sure, but something about that girl, who was also Jonesy's supervisor, seemed really familiar. The voice… her name…
 
Callie and Jonesy ended up cleaning up the fitting-rooms which sloppy teenagers left clothes scattered all over. “Crikey… ya'd think these mates and girls would clean up after themselves.” Callie complained.
 
Jonesy however seemed more irritated that she was. “Man, this place totally stinks.” he thought to himself, “There's no excitement and action around here. What was I thinking getting trapped in this job?”
 
He opened the door to the last fitting room, and someone passed him the only shirt that was still on its hanger. “Oh, thanks…” he said but then he stopped and reopened the door. “Jude…?” he exclaimed.
 
It was Jude all right; he was curled up on the seat twitching like he had just seen a ghost.
 
Nikki rushed over, “What are you doing in there, and why do you look so tensed?”
 
“Shh…!” Jude hushed them, “I'm hiding…”
 
He told them all about Claudette, Rita, and Melinda. “Whoa… that's rough!” said Nikki.
 
“Cha… you're telling me!” cried Jude. “I always thought it would be fun having so many girlfriends after me, but I never imagined anything like this.”
 
As much as Jonesy wanted to help him, “Look Dude… you can't stay in here.” he said.
 
“Everythin' alright `ere.” Callie said as she came over. “Uh, pardon me mate… but there's no loiterin' in the fittin' rooms.”
 
Jude got up and got out of the room. “Sorry Bra… I'll take it somewhere else.” Then he accidentally bumped into her and a small photograph fell out of her pocket. “Ooh… sorry, let me get that for you.” he offered.
 
As Jude got the photo he noticed it was a picture of Callie with a another dude standing next to her and his name was sewn on his shirt. “Jarrah…”
 
Callie quickly snatched the photo, and looked like she was going to cry. “He was ma' boyfriend back in Australia.” she said, “I had to leave him behind since ma' parents and I moved `ere.”
 
“I hear ya' bra…” Jude said, “I once knew an Australian-chick like you who had a boyfriend named Jarrah. I hung out with her over the mall pay-phone.”
 
Callie's eyes suddenly lit up. “Wait a minute…!” she cried. “You're Jude…?”
 
Jude looked confused. “Yeah… I'm Jude, who are you supposed to be?” but that's when he noticed that she looked like Caitlin, and her voice sounded so familiar. Jude nearly fell backwards over a pile of shoe-boxes. “Wha- ahh! No way… you're that grooving' Australian chick I hung out with on the phone, Callie?”
 
Callie held her beating heart, “Oh… I think I'm going to faint.” she said, “I mean I'm just so speechless.”
 
As Jude and Callie talked it over, Jonesy and Nikki thought it was really weird. “Well… look who just had a sudden change of nerves.” Nikki said.
 
Jonesy nodded.