6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: How the Rent A Cop stole Christmas ❯ Christmas Breakthrough. ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
“You did WHAT?!” snapped Jonsey.
 
“Dude, that is so un-cool!” added Jude.
 
Ron told us everything… that HE HIMSELF was the one who dragged all the Christmas stuff away, and he deeply regretted doing it now.
 
“I dropped it all off at the dump.” He said. “Now I'll need all the help I can get to get it back to the mall before closing.”
 
“And you want us to help you?” Nikki asked. “That's a first.”
 
“We might as well.” said Wyatt. “Even though we may not need it… it still would be fun to have it all back again.”
 
We all agreed decided to help out… just this once.
 
Ron checked the clock it was 8:50 am. “EIGHT-FIFTY… OH NO!!” he cried. “We got to hurry.”
 
He told us that he left all the Christmas stuff in a big pile to be crushed at 9:00 am SHARP!! That was in only ten minutes.
 
We all rushed outside to the parking lot, and just our luck that a car was pulling into the lot. We all jumped in and Ron shoved the Driver out.
 
“HEY!!”
 
“We're commandeering this vehicle.” Ron said and we were off.
 
 
Got to the dump just in time to see the large crane moving over to pick up the Christmas pile Ron stashed. “STOP THAT CRANE!!” he cried as we all rushed over.
 
Ron dove off the ledge, and grabbed the huge bag. “Hey! What do you think you're doing?!” The crane-man shouted. “Let go of that!”
 
“Never!!” Ron shouted.
 
“Hey man look… I got orders from the boss to crush this here junk.” Replied the man.
 
“It's not junk, it's Christmas stuff from the mall.” Caitlin said. “You can't just crush it.”
 
“Whatever!” growled the man. “I got orders, and if you don't let go, it's your problem.” And he continued hoisting the bag up.
 
Ron was being pulled up from the ground. “GAH!! HELP ME, KIDS!!”
 
Jonsey grabbed onto Ron's legs, then Nikki grabbed Jonsey followed by, me, Caitlin, Wyatt, Jen, and Jude who also was grabbing onto the steel fence-post.
 
We were able to slow the Crane down, but we hadn't stopped it. Jude couldn't suddenly being to feel his arms giving way “Dudes! This is like not working!!” he groaned.
 
“Were… not going to make it!!” cried Caitlin.
 
“Oh yes we will!!” Ron growled, with fire blazing in his eyes.
 
He remembered one Christmas day back in Vietnam… he had spent Days shipping heavy crates of supplies and weapons to help his team survive. His father would have been really proud of him.
 
“I lifted all that… a BY CHRISTMAS I CAN LIFT ALL THIS!!”
 
 
And what happened then...?
Well...the teens they would say
That the Rent-A-Cop's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
 
 
We all broke off our little chain and feel into the snow, but when we looked up what we saw made our jaws all drop.
 
“Yo… what's going on?!” cried the man at the controls. He didn't understand how it was possible but Ron was actually back on the ground, and pulling the crane and the bag as if they both weighed close to nothing.
 
“Dude! Is he like really doing that?” asked Jude.”
 
We all nodded in agreement.
 
 
And then… the true meaning of Christmas broke through
And Ron found the Strength of 10 soldiers, plus a few.
For now that his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He managed to save the merchandise with all his might.
 
 
“You were right, Kids.” He said while holding the bag over his head. “Christmas does mean so much more.”
 
We all jumped for joy that we got all the stuff back, and we were even gladder to get it all back the mall too.
 
 
Everything was back to the way it was. The trees, the holies, all the Christmas merchandise was returned and the sales went on after-all.
 
The gang was spending some time at Grind-Me for a cup of Christmas-Eve cocoa. Jude even decided to give Star her gift right then and there.
 
Star gave the box a little shake, and surprisingly, the boxed quivered on its own a little. “Jude… No way.” She cried as she opened the gift and the puppy inside looked up at her.
 
The rest of us awed when Star picked the puppy up and he began licking her check. “Know you've had your eyes on the Little-Dude for sometime now.”
 
“Jude… you're like totally sweet.” said Star and she kissed him passionately. This made the rest of us awe them again.
 
“So what are you going to name him?” asked Wyatt.
 
Star giggled. “Jude already picked the perfect name for him.” She answered and she looked her pet right in the eye, “What say… Little-Dude.”
 
The little dog barked once, and Star held him close in her arms.
 
Wyatt and I felt great that Jude was able to please Star, but then it reminded us. “I really wish Serena was here.” Wyatt said.
 
“And I wish Amelie was here too.” I added. We hung our heads gazing upon the cups in our hands. We even could see our Girlfriends faces in the cocoa.
 
“Oh… that reminds me of something.” said Jonsey. “I got you two a present each.”
 
Wyatt and I looked up. “Gifts for us?” I asked. “Where are they? Can we open them now?” added Wyatt.
 
Jonsey smiled as he got up. “You can have them now… only I don't think you can open them.” He moved over to the entrance, “I found them in the mall, but they were a little too big to wrap up.”
 
Then… there they were.
 
“Serena?”
 
“Amelie?”
 
Our Girlfriends smiled at us. “Merry Christmas, Wyatt.”
 
“Joyeux Noel, Mykan.”
 
Our Girlfriends ran over and jumped into our arms. “Amelie, I thought you were going to France to visit your Grandmother.”
 
Amelie giggled. “Well… not this year. She came `ere so visit me instead.” she said.
 
“And what about the mountains Serena?” asked Wyatt.
 
“Well… funny thing that.” She answered. “My dad took a wrong turn, and we got to the mountains late that we were totally double booked.”
 
“Ouch. That's got to hurt.” said Caitlin.
 
Either this was magic, or just a cruel twist of fate, but Wyatt and I were so glad to have our Girlfriends with us for the holidays.
 
Wyatt gave Serena her gift. A gold bracelet with her name engraved on it. Cost him a lot of money too, and I gave Amelie the Thunderbirds comic “Give-or-Take a Million.”
 
With a beautiful red Christmas rose in the book like a mark. She pecked my cheek tenderly for it.
 
 
Before it came the time for everyone to go.
They held one last feast in the food court below.
They feasted on Turkey, potatoes, and peas.
Carrots and gravy, the feasted with glees.
 
And HE… the Rent-A-Cop, he could do in the least.
HE himself carved the Turkey for the feast.
He no longer felt lonely, he had a great care.
To finally have some people on Christmas to Share.
 
 
“But don't get used to this smile Maggots… I'll still be watching you.”