6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Lost as a Dog ❯ Who's really lost? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Penny made it to Jen's car where she was just about to pull out. Little Emma saw the balloon, and she finally stopped crying. “So that's what she was so upset about…” Jen said feeling a little stupid.
 
Nikki couldn't help but coo and flirt with the baby seeing how happy she was now. “What'cha got there, pookems… huh?”
 
The baby laughed.
 
Jonesy and I were so pooped from all the running we had done, but I was happy to know Penny was safe and she was back on her leash now. “Gee… Now I feel kinda' lost.” I said. “All this time, Penny knew what was wrong with Emma, and we didn't.”
 
Jonesy tried to ask for his pay for looking after Penny, but I still denied it, and the other's agreed with me. Even though letting Penny go helped us with Emma, he still didn't watch her, and that was what led to her escape. “Sorry Jonesy… you're still fired. Besides… I had to pay that guy for all the balloons Penny cost him so I can't pay you anyway.”
 
Jonesy sighed, “Woof… Woof…!”
 
We all gazed down at her. Penny just slept like a log, for having run so much herself that day. She really was a smart dog… or at least smarter than we thought.
 
 
(Ending theme)
 
-I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way.
I love my job, and I live at the mall today.
And I… am on my own now and forever.
 
I'm… 7teen. Life was sweet
Though we grew up way too fast,
Still, the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
“7TEEN”