6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mega Mall Madness ❯ You win some, you lose some. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
The next day, the set was being torn apart and taken away. Jonesy wasn't helping though because he had been fired for squandering those free tickets for us. Lucky none of us got into trouble.
Caitlin did receive some nice parting-gifts-- soaps, and make up. John even received Mega-Mall Madness clothing before he went home to his own town, but he had a lot of a fun with Caitlin, and they exchanged phone-numbers to talk to each other here and now.
Still… to be overthrown by Trisha…?
We all decided to go on a group walk around the neighborhood, to get our minds off it. “I still say you should've won.” Jen said for the umpteenth time.
“Yeah… just the rest of us said all those other times.” Nikki sighed, but Caitlin was smiling. “But bra… you lost.” said Jude. Caitlin knew that, but she finally remembered what she was doing in the first place, “I actually appeared on my favorite game show. Win or lose, I had fun anyway.” She said, “I didn't win a prize, but I still have a lot of friends to hang with, and nothing's more important than that.”
“Right on.” said Wyatt.
“You said it.” added Jonesy.
“Come on. Big group hug.” I said and we call came together, but the sound of a car honking broke the moment. It was Trisha, along with Mandy and Gwen driving the new car she had won, and Tad wasn't there.
“Hey there, team losers.” Trisha mocked, “We'd give you a ride but then you'd wreck the new car that I won.”
Mandy and Gwen laughed with her, but none of us were impressed with her mocking. “At least we're still together.” I snapped at her, “I hear that you only pretended to like Tad just to help you win, and then you dumped him.”
Like Trisha cared. “You win some you lose some.”
Just then, however, a tall man wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase approached us, and glared angrily at the girls. “You three, out of the car now.” he said sternly.
“Excuse me?!” snapped Trisha. “What are you talking about?”
The man stated that he was a representative of Network Standards and Practices. “We received an anonymous tip containing this file footage shot backstage during your episode of Mega Mall Madness.”
He pulled out a small video-player showing the images of Mandy and Gwen back stage and helping Trisha cheat by swapping Caitlin's water and waxing Jessie's shoes. This meant that Trisha's ten-thousand dollars would never come to her and the car was going back to the network. “So get out, now!”
The girls grunted and groaned as they exited the car while the rest of us laughed at them. Before leaving the man approached us, “Ms. Caitlin Cooke?” he asked.
“Yes…?”
The man reached into his jacket and handed her an envelope, “On behalf of the network and one, Davis Ruftech, please accept this consolation check for five-thousand dollars.”
All of use awed as Caitlin took the check with honor and glee. “Good day to you.” The man said and he drove off in the car, leaving Trisha and her friends empty handed. They all gazed angrily at us. “Like you said…” Caitlin said. “You win some… you lose some.”
We all laughed and the girls ran off in a huff.
As for the five-thousand dollars, Caitlin already knew what she was going to do. “You take it, Mykan.” She insisted I take it because I needed it, and it cleared Jude's debt. Now I could pay for a new picture screen, and Jude could stop working so hard.
Plus, Caitlin had a feeling Jonesy and I were the ones that submitted that footage of backstage, and she was right. Jonesy and I suspected Trisha would cheat, so we slipped our cell-phones back stage and used the cameras to record. Even though we couldn't show it during show time, at least things worked out anyway.
“That is so fiendishly clever.” said Wyatt.
“I'm actually impressed… for once… again.” added Nikki. Now that everything was A-okay again, there was only one thing to do now. “Pizza-party at my place! I'm payin'…!” Jude shouted, now that he had a whole lot of extra cash from his hard work. We all cheered and dashed up the street… leaving poor Trisha and the girls to chase after the man in the car trying to persuade him unsuccessfully to come back.
Ending theme
I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way
I love my job and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever.
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN…
Still, the memories will last.
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
“7TEEN!”