6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ New Job ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
The next day, we all made the front page. Our popularities really sky rocketed around the mall. We even wore the special medals we earned to flash them off. Christo and Blade were pissed out of their skins. “Watch your back, Spotswood!” snarled Christo. “We're totally gonna get you for what you did.” added Blade.
“Oh, I'm so scared.” I said sarcastically. The goons walked off in a huff. “Can you believe those dweebs?”
“Well… you did kind of cost them some fame.” Jen said, but then she realized they deserved it too, and we broke the record anyway. It was also high time those two got beaten by the whole gang.
Caitlin was amazed that we were in magazines too, and a few cute boys were gave her winks. “If I had known this would've brought me all this, I wouldn't jumped out of a plane when I was fourteen.”
Wyatt assured Caitlin there were plenty of other ways to attract boys, “Why don't you just be yourself?” but Caitlin countered his statement by reading through another magazine. “According to “Girl Grab Guy” Lots of boys are impressed by girls with talent or super skills, that or really exciting.”
“Oh, please…” Nikki scoffed, “That is like the most bogus thing I ever heard, I mean look at me and Jonesy. I traveled a bit, and he still doesn't even have a simple job.”
Jonesy corrected her in saying he did have a job. He asked Wyatt to talk to Serena to get him a job at Spin-This, and even though Serena was aware of Jonesy's bad job history, she needed more employees after firing a couple of slackers. “This is the one job guaranteed I won't be fired from.”
I tipped my shades at him, “Uh… you say that an awful lot Jonesy, and it never works for you.”
Jonesy simply brushed it off and assured us that he meant it was going to happen this time. “Speaking of work, I'm off.”
I hopped off my stool, “I'm gonna bounce too, got a couple of comics to finish up today. Later.”
The rest of the gang decided to head off leaving Caitlin to deal with her lemons.
Jonesy was given his nametag by Serena upon his arrival. “Sweet…” Jonesy said. “I was born to work the music.”
“Right…” Serena said as she rolled her eyes. “Just don't let it get to your head, you got work to do now.”
Jonesy then asked what he was going to first. “Do you test the boom-boxes, play the CDs… or help out the cool customers?”
“Uh, yeah… something like that....”
“Seriously…?!”
“Seriously…?!” Jonesy groaned when he found himself with a mop, bucket, broom, and rag. His first task was to clean out the entire stockroom. Serena wanted the boxes dusted and reorganized, and the floor swept and mopped. “Get to it big guy…” Serena winked at him.
“Ah, man…!” Jonesy sighed, but realizing he wanted to keep his promise and not be fired, he got to work anyway. All he did was take one box, and an avalanche of boxes fell on him. “I think I over did it…”
Jonesy was never good at housework at home, but he did his very best, pushing, pulling, stacking and dusting. He was getting pretty filthy as the day went by. “Ah… Aaaaaaah…!” it seemed like a false alarm. “…AH-CHOO! Ugh…!”
Jude and Wyatt came over to see him, and much to Jonesy's shock, “I've been stuck in here for three whole hours?!” he cried. “Four actually…” Wyatt corrected him. Jonesy groaned slumped down on the boxes. “Not as easy as it looks, eh dude…?” asked Jude. “This is usually why I prefer not to clean my own room. myself.”
Wyatt and Jonesy exchanged concerned looks. “Don't your parents ever force you to…?” asked Wyatt. “Never have before… they're room's even messier than mine.” replied Jude. “So what's there really to complain about?”
The others rolled their eyes. “Easy for you to say.” complained Jonesy. “Cleaning this room up is near impossible. I mean no sooner do I sweep one pile of dust out of the way, and it comes right back.”
Wyatt suggested Jonesy just needed better motivation. “Trying singing a song… it always helps my work go by faster.”
Jonesy seized the opportunity to make fun of that, “Sure… know any songs called, “That's for wimps.” He and Jude shared a laugh, but Wyatt wasn't impressed. Jonesy then picked up another box and everything fell on him again. Now it was Wyatt's turn to laugh.
As Jonesy got up, he thought he saw something way in the back. “Whoa! What's that?” He and the others moved closer to see what it was. “Dude… a really old style candy-machine.” Jude said, but Wyatt informed him, “Uh, Jude… this is a jukebox.”
Jude raised an eyebrow, “Part of me knew that.”
They gazed the jukebox all over and determined it was from the fifties, and it was here at Spin-This all the time. It was pretty dusty and a little rusted on the outside, but it still seemed in pretty good shape. “Think it still works…?” asked Jude.
There was an outlet, so they plugged it in, and sure enough… it lit up. “Whoa…! Let's pick a song, see what this thing's got.”
Jonesy picked a rock song, and even though it was fifties-style, it had a nice tune to it. “Du-hude… rockin' it.” Jude said as he played his skateboard like a guitar. Wyatt snapped his fingers to the tune, “Not bad for an old style song.”
Jonesy even felt ready to get up and clean to the music. He swept and moped and stacked the boxes perfectly, and by the time the song was over he was done. “Wow… it only took a few minutes.”
“I told ya, use a song.” Wyatt gloated. “Works every time…”
Serena came in to inform Jonesy about quitting time. “Nice job, Jonesy.”
The boys left the stockroom, all unaware of what they had just done.
The mall was getting ready to close, and all seven of us were heading for the doors. We all really had quite a day. Caitlin even got three cute guys to notice her, they almost even fought over who wanted to ask her out. “I wish I had three guys fight over me.” Jen said, “Coach still gave me a penalty, and for what… wearing my skydiver medal crooked? Ooh! What is his problem?”
“Whoa… I'm not sure he's the only one with a problem.” Nikki teased.
We all were impressed, however, by Jonesy being successfully able to do a job without screwing up too bad for once. “And all you had to do was find a jukebox?” I said. “What will they think of next?”
I bid my friends goodnight as I headed to my apartment across the street, and the rest of them grabbed the bus home. So another day came to an end, and soon the mall closed down, but deep within Spin-This, that jukebox the guys had found was glowing mysteriously…!