6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ First musical day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
The next morning, Jen and Jonesy woke up, and both their hands met at the doorknob to the bathroom. “Hey, out of the way.” snapped Jonesy.
“No way, Jonesy… not this time.” protested Jen.
They squabbled over the bathroom again, and while they were, the jukebox at Spin-this began to glow.
(Music cue)
“I'm series, Jen…!”
“Well, too bad… I called it.”
Jen and Jonesy suddenly began to feel very strange.
(Jen)
Get out of my way.
(Jonesy)
Either move or you will pay.
(Jen)
Do I have to say it now?
(Jonesy)
I'll make it clear, and how?
(Both)
Oh, I was here before you.
(Jen)
Every day I need my space.
Gotta' pretty up my own face
I'm going to control of this place,
Cause' I was here before you.
(Jonesy)
I gotta get in now, so wait your turn
I can feel my rear end startin' to burn.
And one real lesson you must learn…
Is… I was here before you.
(Both)
I was here before you…
(Jen)< /b>
I need the bathroom too…
(Both)
I was here before you.
(Jonesy)
Ugh…! It's number one and two.
(Jen)
Whoa…aaa-aaa-aaayaaaae…
(Jonesy)
Whoa-ohh…!
(Both)
Yes, I was here before you!
The jukebox stopped glowing and the music stopped…
Jen's mother came out with a squealing baby Emma. “Jen, Jonesy… stop that! You woke up Emma with that singing of yours.”
Jen and Jonesy were confused. “Singing…?” they both said. Robbie came down the hall on his way to the bathroom, “You two sure suck.” And he slammed the door, meaning both Jen and Jonesy had to wait.
When they met up with the rest of us at the mall, Jen explained, “And then my mom says we were singing.”
Nikki merely turned a page in her magazine, and just went, “Hm…! Weird…”
“I know right…” Jonesy said. “I don't remember singing.”
Nikki looked up and said, “I meant… weird as in you fought over the bathroom again.” The rest of us felt the same. “Don't you guys ever pick a different place to quarrel?” asked Wyatt.
Jen and Jonesy folded their arms, and more brushed everything off, even the singing bit. Then Caitlin noticed I was trying to speak French, explained why I had a textbook with me. “Mykan, what are you doing?” she asked.
I looked up and tried to answer her in French by saying, “Essayer d'apprendre à parler Français.” Then I scoffed and hit my head on the lemon-counter. “Ugh…!”
“Dude… like… what did you say?” asked Jude.
I looked up and explained that I had tried to say, “I'm trying to learn to speak French.” And I'm making a lousy mess of it.”
When asked why, I explained I was doing it for Amelie. Her folks had invited me to dinner that night and I wanted to learn how to speak proper and more effective French to make a great impression. I could maybe even absorb and understand more of Amelie's culture, and we would probably even be able to have conversations with each other in public without risking being understood by most people.
Amelie had also been tutoring me a bit, and so was Jude's ex-girlfriend Claudette, who only spoke French and Amelie was also teaching her to speak English. “She's bringing her over to Comic-Cavern on our lunch-break today so we can all study together, but I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this.”
Jude understood, having one-time dated Claudette he never understood her, “But that didn't mean I didn't like her, and we didn't get along.”
The others smiled at Jude's sweet statement. “It'll be fine Mykan, Amelie loves you anyway. You don't have to take it to the extreme.”
I knew he was right and I felt a little better, but it still would have been nicer to try this out anyway. “I gotta jet. Later.”
The others said “Bye” to me as I left, Wyatt had to bounce too. “Serena's promised to help me open Burger McFlipsters today.”
Jonesy just received a text from Serena, “Whoop… gotta run. I got a deal to keep up.”
Nikki decided to leave too, “The Clones got me working on the threesome-sale today. Ugh! I'll be back when I'm finish torturing myself.”
The others headed off too; it was really going to be busy day.
As Jonesy walked through the mall on his way to Spin-This, he couldn't help but notice some of the mall shoppers were acting very weird. Every corner he turned… he saw one or two people singing or dancing. “Man… someone had a little too much coffee.” he said to himself.
He made it to Spin-This, and Serena put Jonesy to work rotating CDs on the shelves as she needed to go help Wyatt. “What Wyatt sees in you I'll never know.” he teased.
Serena had a cheeky look in her eyes, “Ooh... keep it up, Jonesy. Keep it up.” she teased back. As she walked through the mall she met up with Charmaine who was on her way to Grind-Me for her shift.
They chatted a bit and Serena told Charmain what Jonesy just said. Charmaine thought that was slightly cruel, but Serena knew Jonesy was right on the count of her rocky past with Wyatt before getting back together with him for good.
As Jonesy worked on the shelves at Spin-This, he didn't notice the light glowing from under stockroom. It was the jukebox glowing again…
(Soft Rap)
Serena knew she could only be herself, at least she tried to be a better person, and while she was thinking this, both she and Charmaine began to feel strange.
(Both)
Be yourself
easy as ABC…
There be no one else
just happy to me
(Serena)
Yo!
Well I admit that I bit
Sorta, kind of nitwit
Towards my man, Wyatt
And I get a big fit
Now we had a cool thing
We would walk, talk, and swing
But I fired him in a zing
And we went through so such a sting
(Charmaine)
Hey, girl, don't you go now
Moping all like a sad cow
You did your bad thing and how
And it sure hurt like ow.
You got your man, there
And thing turned out like fair
You can change if you dare
but won't change how anyone else care
Don't gotta be different,
You just do your own thing.
So come on, girl
Come with me and sing.
(Both)
Be yourself (Just be yourself)
easy as ABC…(ABC)
There be no one else (No one else)
just happy to me (Happy to be yourself)
Be yourself (Just be yourself)
easy as ABC… (Yo, it's not that hard)
There be no one else (No one else)
just happy to me
As they kept on rapping, they walked right past McFlipteres and Wyatt saw them. “Serena…?” he called to her but she didn't answer and just kept on singing…
Be yourself (Think you could do that)
easy as ABC… (ABC)
There be no one else (Uh-huh)
just happy to me
“Where's that music coming from?” Wyatt wondered. He told one of the other employees to cover for him while he followed Serena and tried to get her to snap out of it.
Soon the jukebox stopped glowing and the music stopped.
Serena and Charmaine wondered why Wyatt was there and what they were doing all the way on the other side of the mall. “You don't remember?” asked Wyatt. “Are you feeling alright?”
The girls did feel a little woozy, but they felt okay, just confused. “I think I better lay off the rap CD's a bit.” Charmaine said.
Wyatt was starting to feel a little uneasy about this.