6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Super Jonesy ❯ Poor Jude and Caitlin ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
The wreckage f the piano was cleared away, but poor Jude was being taken away on a stretcher by the paramedics. He was rushed to the hospital, and the next day he was at home with a brace over his shoulders and neck, and he was ordered by the doctors to stay bedridden for a while.
 
We all came to visit him before heading off to the mall that day.
 
“O-ha-ha-ow!” he groaned.
 
“Sorry... I know this must hurt a lot.” Starr said.
 
“Honestly Jude… don't you ever think ahead before trying crazy stunts?” Jen asked him.
 
“I think plenty…” he said sternly. “I practice, I practice, then I break, and practice some more. It was those piano dudes in my way that did this.”
 
“Yeah… and speaking of which.” Wyatt said as he held out a slip of paper, “That piano you crushed cost a bundle.”
 
Jude got a good look at the price and his eyes nearly bulged from his head. “Dude... no way!” he cried, “Aw, man… I gotta' repay these dude's back somehow.”
 
“Well, I'd pitch in, but I have to pay my bills and rents this week.” I said, “There's no way I can pitch in.”
 
Caitlin took one look at the bill and nearly fainted. “I couldn't make that much if I worked for a-hundred years.” She cried, “Well I could, but what with all the accessories and the manicures…”
 
“Cait… we get the point.” Nikki said.
 
“Well there's no way I can help.” Jonesy said, “I haven't even found have a new job yet.”
 
Just then, we all happened upon the same idea. “Dude… that's it.” Jude said, “How'd you like to run my jobs for me?”
 
Jonesy was startled at first. “Me? Run Stick-it and the ice rink?” he thought it over. He used to work in the food-court several times over, and driving a Zamboni couldn't be too hard. “Sweet…!” he said.
 
With that settled, Jonesy was giving the keys to Stick-it, and the rink, and we all headed for the mall. “Another day, another mess with the Clones.” Nikki joked.
 
 
Upon our entering Caitlin suddenly stopped dead in her tracks causing the rest of us to bump into her. “Hey, what gives?” growled Jen.
 
“Oh, sorry… I just got distracted by him.” Caitlin said motioning across form the fountain where a young teenage boy named Hans. He was sitting with his easel and drawing perfect pictures of people for money so he could go to college.
 
A lot of girls though he was cute, and found his drawings magical. Just then, Hans gazed over across the fountain right at Caitlin. She gasped, “Is he looking at me?” she asked feeling shy.
 
Hans then winked at her and motioned for her to come closer. “Go for it, Cait…” Jen whispered. Caitlin nearly shrieked like the Clones and walked over and sat down in the stool across from Hans.
 
“Caitlin Cooke I presume?” Hans asked.
 
“Yeah…! How did you know my name?” Caitlin asked.
 
Hans held up a comic-book he had purchased from my store. It was an episode of Thunderbirds, and Hans thought Caitlin's character, Gloria Tracy, Thunderbird-4, was the cutest by far, even compared to Amelie's character, Tin-Tin Kyrano.
 
“Please… let me have this honor of drawing you?” Hans asked. Caitlin thought she was in love… again, and she just couldn't say no. She posed herself as if she was having her school-picture taken, and Hans began to draw her.
 
A while later when we had all arrived at the lemon and admired Caitlin's picture. It was so beautifully done the way it was sketched and colored, you'd think it was painted instead of done with pencils.
 
It was a beautiful picture of Caitlin standing in a grassy-meadow with her long shiny hair fluttering in the wind. “That dude's seriously got talent.” I said. “I should know… I've drawn plenty.”
 
At the bottom corner of the picture was a signature from Hans; “To Caitlin, love Hans.”
 
“Whoa… I think he's really into you.” Jen said.
 
Caitlin giggled, “I think he is too. Oh, I only wish there was something I could in return for this drawing. Something that shows him that I like him too…”
 
“Why don't you draw him a picture?” Wyatt suggested, but that made Nikki laugh, “Please, you know how Caitlin draws. Remember that drawing she tried to give to Steff so he'd ask her to the winter-dance?”
 
Caitlin didn't like it when she reminded of her past dumplings, but Nikki was right. “I can barely even draw a decent looking face. Let alone a whole portrait.”
 
“Yeah, reality sure stinks sometimes, doesn't it.” said Jonesy, “Got to bounce… I got to work at Stick-it and then smooth the ice-rink.” and he was off.
 
“I may as well split too.” said Wyatt. “Burgers to flip… Songs to sing…”
 
Jen and Nikki decided to take off too, but before I left however, I noticed that Caitlin seemed really desperate about Hans. “You know… I could give you a few tips on how to draw better.”
 
Caitlin looked up, “You mean it…?” she asked.
 
I nodded, “Sure… I am a great comic-artist. I can show you everything you'll need to know.”
 
Caitlin finally let out a shriek, “EEE…!” and she hugged me. “Oh, thank you Mykan.”
 
I smiled and hugged my friend back. We made a little “so-called” date to meet at Comic-cavern later on when I had some free time to work on my comics, and I could teach her then.
 
Just as I was leaving, “What's going on here?” It was Ron, being his usual nosey, and harassing self again. He took one glance at Caitlin's picture. “Ah-ha! Forging self-portraits? Big time offence…”
 
“Oh, no, no, no…” Caitlin said in defense, “This isn't a forgery, it was a gift.”
 
“So you're being a right hand to a forger then. That's way worse, Cupcake!”
 
As Ron scribbled down in his notepad another one of his ridiculous laws, I decided to bail Catilin out of this by pranking Ron again. I tipped my shades signaling Caitlin, and she grinned wickedly.
 
“Say, Ron…” I said as I held out my cell-phone. “Uh, do you mind if I take a picture of U.”
 
“Uh, what say?” Asked Ron sounding confused…
 
“I say… do you mind if I take a picture of U?”
 
Ron began to smell something funny about that, but “All right Maggot, do what you want.” he said as he posed for me, but then I looked down by his feet and asked, “Uh… what's down there?”
 
“Huh?” Ron looked down, and that's when stuck a huge Letter-U on his head, “BOING” and took a picture of it. “Thank… U” and I dashed away laughing hysterically, and Caitlin giggled heavily trying to keep herself from bursting out loud.
 
Ron just held it in like a man. “Someday, Spotswood… someday I'll get you.”