6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: The heads go Bonk ❯ Caught, and Busted! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
The gang met up at the Khaki-Barn. “That is so like the two of you.” Nikki scolded. “Can you even begin to imagine what Mykan's getting into in his condition?”
“Chill out, Nikki.” Wyatt said. “Arguing isn't going to help things. We'll all split up and look for him.”
“Come on, let's go.” Caitlin said.
Nikki stayed with Jonesy. Wyatt, Caitlin, and Jude ran off on their own way. Finding me wasn't going to be easy, because I didn't have my cell-phone on me… and things were defiantly about to go from bad to worse…
As Caitlin searched the front entranceway, what she saw made her gasp. There, coming through the doorway was Jen pushing baby Emma in her stroller. “Oh, no!” muttered Caitlin.
Jen saw her and waved her over. “Caitlin…! Hi…! Over here...”
Remembering her friend's condition, and what her mom had told her about the situation. Caitlin realized all she could do was humor Jen. “Hey Jen.”
Emma shook her rattle and smiled at Caitlin. “Ooh… hi wittle Emma.” Caitlin cooed at the baby as she tickled her little chin. “Isn't she precious…?” she said. “Who's a good mommy, huh?” Emma and Caitlin gawked at each other after Jen's remark. “So… um… what brings you here?” Caitlin asked.
Jen explained that Emma was fussy so she thought she'd come to the mall. “By the way, where's Jonesy?” she asked. “I thought maybe we could hook up and spend a fun happy day as a family together.”
Caitlin gritted her teeth nervously. Jen really was sick, but what could she do. Luckily, Jen just decided to walk around a bit and look for Jonesy herself. “If you see him, call me. See ya…”
“Bye…” Caitlin was really in a panic now. She text-messaged the rest of the gang and warned them. “Red alert! Total red alert. Jen is in the mall! Repeat-- Jen is in the mall!”
Wyatt got the message, and so did Jude, but Nikki and Jonesy were too busy looking for me to notice. They had gone around asking many people if they had seen me, to which they all replied…
“No…”
“Nope…”
“Haven't seen him.”
“Duh…! Who are we talkin' about again?”
Even Amelie didn't know where I was. “We were supposed to meet for a lunch date.” she said. “I tried to call `im, but `e does not answer.” Now she was starting to feel worried. Jonesy and Nikki didn't think it best to tell her about my head problem, she'd likely worry herself half to death.
Nevertheless, Jonesy and Nikki decided to continue the search and notify Amelie if they saw anything. In the meantime, it was time for Amelie's break and she'd thought she'd get a coffee. So she went to Grinde-Me.
She tried calling me a couple more times, but to no avail. She got her coffee, but as she walked to find a place to sit something caught her eye that turned her blood cold. There… just a few tables ahead were me and Courtney, sharing a kiss, and it looked as if I was actually enjoying it instead of my usual trying to break away.
Amelie's eyes were flooding with tears… her mouth was quivering as it stood agape…
(Slow-mo)
She dropped her coffee and it splashed hard on the floor.
(Regular speed)
And she ran out of the place crying softly.
While Courtney and I had just separated from our kiss, yet for some reason I didn't feel that this was right. “You okay, babe…?” Courtney asked. I felt the sore side of my head. “Yeah… I think so.”
Amelie ran right past Jen who was entering Grinde-Me to get a coffee for herself. She wondered why she looked as if she had just had her heart broken, and then… she saw why. She saw me and Courtney together, and she hadn't forgotten about my real relationship with Amelie.
She marched right over and grabbed me by the shirt. “What is the problem with you!” she yelled right in my face.
“Excuse me…?!” I snapped at her. “Who are you…?”
“Don't you play games with me.” replied Jen. “How could do that to Amelie…?”
“Who…?” I snapped.
Courtney stepped in. “Okay, easy there, Flash. Think of the kid.”
Emma just cooed and clapped her little hands. Jen picked her up and told her. “Don't mind you're Aunt Courtney. She's stooped to a new low this time.”
Courtney was about to protest, but “Wait! What do you mean… aunt? Uh… reality-check, Jen-- Emma is, so, not my niece.”
Jen protested how Emma could not be her niece if she was her child than that made Courtney an aunt. Courtney was really confused now, but not as confused as I was. “Will someone please explain to me what the heck is going here…?”
Jen lost her patience and decided to skip the coffee. She just wanted to know where Jonesy was. “I know a guy named Jonesy.” I said. “I saw him earlier today hanging with some girl.”
Jen's blood started to boil. “Some… girl…!” she said with her eye twitching. I explained what the girl looked like since I didn't remember her name-- Purple hair, facial piercings, she looked Chinese.
“Nikki…!” Jen snapped, and she dashed out like lightning with Emma.
“What was that all about?” I asked. “And why do I think I know her…”
Courtney just grabbed me and pulled me into another kiss. “Whoa…” I exclaimed when we separated. “What was I talking about again?”
Caitlin, Jude, and Wyatt met up in the main hall. “Any luck…?” Wyatt asked.
“No… but I scored the highest points on Suffin' Shark Island at the arcade.” Jude answered. He had been at the arcade instead of looking for me. Wyatt palmed his own head. “Ah, Jude…!” groaned Wyatt.
“We have to find Mykan and warn Jonesy and Nikki that Jen's in the mall.” added Caitlin.
“Right…!” Jude said. “Let's go…!” and they headed off.
Jonesy and Nikki still hadn't bothered to look at their cell-phones. They really needed to take a break from all the running around they did. Jonesy sipped his water and offered his wife a sip. “No thanks… I'm just worried.”
Jonesy wrapped his arm around his wife. “Never thought I'd say this, but so am I.”
Nikki smiled and pecked her husband on the cheek, but then it turned into a real embrace, but when they separated, there was Jen, gazing angrily at them both. “Uh… oh…!” Jonesy exclaimed.