6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Tracks to the Max ❯ Confession Depression ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Back in town, the others were all at home, except for Jonesy who was still at the mall on patrol. Nikki was still worried about him. To make matters worse, she and the others had been trying to call me and Jude all night., but we didn't answer our cell-phones, and Jude's parents said that Jude wasn't home. I lived on my own across the street from the mall, and all they got was my answering machine.
 
“Gee… it's not like them t not head home like this.” Wyatt said.
 
Caitlin began to fret, “You don't think maybe… something…. happened to them?”
 
“Caitlin, calm down.” said Jen. “Wherever they are, they look after themselves.” Then she suddenly realized what she was saying. She knew I could handle myself, but Jude… “Oh my gosh…!”
 
Nikki was more worried about Jonesy though. “For once, I'm actually hoping he gets fired.” she said, “He's going to drive himself crazy if he stays awake for this long.”
 
 
At the mall, only the emergency lights were on, making it pretty dark inside. Jonesy walked up and down, all across the empty corridors. Luckily he still had his copy of the Master-Key when he worked for he Rent-A-Cop, so at least he could get into Grind-Me for a coffee to help keep him awake.
 
Ron almost caught Jonesy slacking off three times. “Get back to patrol soldier. Now, now…!” he bellowed, and Jonesy would scuttle off like a frightened mouse. “Aww man… I can't take much more of this.” he groaned.
 
He was starting to think maybe we were all right about warning him that he needed his sleep to be a proper watchman. Jonesy let out a huge yawn and continued on his patrol.
 
 
Meanwhile, the train had already carried me and Jude away from Edmonton-City, and we were now out in the open country. “Think Jonesy's gotten fired yet?” Jude asked. I just shot him a straight look as I was still upset about this whole thing.
 
Jude winced softly, “O-kay then…” replied Jude. “Look, maybe hoppin' the train was a bad idea, Mykan.”
 
“Maybe…?” I snapped. “Maybe…? Jude, what ever possessed you to do such a thing…?”
 
Jude explained to me, again, that he couldn't help himself. “Ya' made ridin' the rails sound like fun.”
 
I began to lighten up a bit. “Well… I guess as long as we're here we may as well enjoy ourselves.”
 
“Right on, Dude…”Jude then suggested we crack open a can of beans, or cold pasta, or soup. “Uh, Jude…” I regretted to say, “We don't have any canned foods. I brought them with me when I did this.”
 
Jude smacked his forehead, “Aww, man…!”
 
I suggested that we look out the doorway and watch the world go by. “Dude… it's dark out.”
 
I sighed irritably. “Let's just stare at the darkness then.”
 
Jude decided he could deal with it, and we both just stared out the door. Suddenly, we heard a voice from behind the crates. “Gravel Gus. Caboose Carl… is that you?”
 
Jude and I stood up, and out popped a hobo. “Uh… no, we're not Gravel Gus, and Caboose Carl.” I said to dusty man.
 
The hobo got a better look at us. “You two aren't hobos. You're not uh… you know… homos… are ya'?”
 
Jude and I felt a little embarrassed. “No way, Dude… we both got lady-friends. Straight as they come.”
 
The hobo smiled, “Hey… that's what I like; good honesty.” Then he shook hands with me, “The name's Muddy Mort.”
 
“How's it going? I'm Mykan Spotswood, and this is Jude Lizowski.”
 
“What up, Dude…?” Jude said, “Where'd ya get a name like Muddy? Is it cause' of your clothes, or your voice?”
 
Mort chuckled. “Nah… it's because the first four times I tried to hop a train I landed facedown in the mud.”
 
Jude and I cast looks of concern. “That had to hurt.” I said.
 
“Nah… but it is muddy and gooey.” replied Mort. Then he reached into his sack, “Hey you guys want some beans…?”
 
Jude and I slapped each other a high five thinking be had gotten our break, when along came a spider, and crawled near Mort. “Ahh… Spider! Don't let him bite me… YARGH…!” and he leapt out the door.
 
“Du-hu-hude…!” Jude cried in concern, “Is he alright…?”
 
I grabbed onto the handled and peered out the doorway. “Well… he landed facedown in the mud.”
 
Jude was starting to really get annoyed. “All I wanted was to ride the rails and eat beans out of a can.”
 
I sighed as I pulled myself back inside, “Jude will you stop whining. I'm getting tired of it.”
 
“Well, hey… I got nothin' better to do.” replied Jude. Then suddenly, the train turned along a small curve, and Both Jude and I collided into each other. “Ow… watch it Dude!” Jude groaned. I felt okay, but Jude had a little bruise on his forehead. I offered to look at it, “Don't touch it.” he snarled at me.
 
I growled as I sat down on a crate, “Jude…! You know for someone like you, who's had many shares excitement in his life, and did some crazy things, climbed Mt. Everest standing on his head…You are an incredible, whiner.”
 
Jude's anger began to fade into shame. “Uh, about that…” he paused, “…I never climbed Mt. Everest. I never climbed a mountain ever.”
 
I turned to face him, “What are you talking about? I saw you in that picture.”
 
Jude shook his head, admitting it was fake. “It was taking at the mall's theme-park. I stuck my head through one of those wooden cutouts, and then I edited it with a computer.”
 
“Well then, what about Niagara-Falls…?” I asked
 
Jude told me that it was also a fake. “Me and Starr were being just bein' goofy. We snuck into a photographer's studio and faked the whole thing.”
 
When I asked Jude why he would fake his photos like that, Jude explained that he didn't want to seem boring. Sure he took a lot of risks and got into mischief, but he still saw himself as boring and square, compared to the rest of the gang and me anyways…
 
“The only most exciting thing that ever happened to me was the Zombites, but that's somethin' I don't like to mention.”
 
“This was all back when you and Starr broke up. Right…?” I asked.
 
Jude nodded, and went on to tell me about how much fun he and Starr had, and how lucky he felt to have her back in his life. He gazed out the door, and looked up at the sky. “Of all the girlfriends I ever had… they also came with many let downs… but I realized, A dude like me has to live life to the fullest. No matter how bad, sad, or glad it may be.”
 
He reached into his wallet, and pulled out a picture of him and Starr. She had her arms round his and, and stood on one skate. Jude sighed heavenly. I knew how he felt, only if Amelie was ever to dump me… I don't know what I'd do.
 
But it wouldn't be pretty…
 
I peeked through the door, “Jude look! A shooting star. Make a wish.”
 
Jude held the picture close to his heart, and shut his eyes for moment. “Well… what did you wish for…?” I asked. Jude decided to tell me, because there was no way this of his would come true…
 
“I wished… that Starr and I never broke up, and I wouldn't be haunted by the Zombites anymore.”
 
“Oh, Jude…”
 
Jude looked really bummed for the first time since I knew him.