6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Tracks to the Max ❯ From Edmonton Bound ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The train was still rolling through the night. Jude and I sat on a blanket over a hay-pile, away from the doorway where it was getting cold. Jude was still a little depressed…
 
“Aw, cheer up, Jude…” I said to him. “At least the Zombites are gone, and you and Starr are together again. Who knows…? Maybe you'll stay together, maybe you'll get a little older, get married, have a couple kids, and that stuff…”
 
Jude smiled, “Yeah… that'd be awesome, but I don't wanna' consider panickin' over it” Then he asked about me and Amelie, “Ya' know… you two are kind hot together. Ya' ever thinkin' of takin' the plunge with her…?”
 
I felt a little embarrassed, “Well… it looks like it, and between you and me I hope she and I do, one day.”
 
I explained that I honestly never thought I would ever meet Amelie, or any girl at that. After my alcoholic, abusive father was thrown in the nuthouse for life, “Well I guess you remember… I was… Anti-social and I had Caligynephobia-- I was afraid of pretty girls.”
 
I even told Jude that sometimes both my brother and I decided we wanted a little excitement in our lives, rather the jump into things we didn't think we were ready for. “That's when we started rail-ridding.”
 
Jude then wondered, “What made ya' stop?”
 
I explained, while working to get back home. My brother and I were working in a restaurant together, Danny was sixteen, and I was still nine. That's when he met Sophie… she was just a waitress who felt sensitive about how people saw her.
 
Before I saw it, I knew my brother was falling in love, and he seemed really happy. Something I never understood then. Then after we went back home they met up again a couple of years after that and started a relationship.
 
“And then came your falling out…?” Jude asked.
 
I felt ashamed the way I treated my brother, and Sophie. They tried to help me and I got a restraining order on them. “When I met Amelie… I never thought she'd actually like me. Heh… but I guess… love works in mysterious ways.”
 
“Right on, bro…”
 
We bopped fists and then stretched out for a little nap as the train carried us through the night.
 
 
While back at the mall…
 
It was half past ten, and Jonesy's eyes were red, and the backs under his eyes had become bold-colored. “Ooh…” he groaned. His footsteps were starting to sound like a T-Rex's in a dinosaur movie.
 
He headed for the elevator to go down to the next floor. The doors closed, above, but when they opened up again, he was sound asleep on the floor. Ron was there, fit as a fiddle, but he was not at all impressed by seeing Jonesy asleep…
 
“What's going on here?” he bellowed. “Sleepin' on the job, son. This is dereliction of duty! What have you got to say for yourself, maggot?”
 
Jonesy just snored and rolled over. Ron wrote Jonesy a huge ticket, “Hope you enjoy your nap. You are so off the force for this when you get up.”
 
 
A while later, the train finally began to slow down, and Jude and I got off. We were at least hundred miles away from Edmonton though.
 
We headed along a road and found a bonfire pit, and would you believe, a discarded cigarette lighter, and plenty of wood. Jude had a big fire roaring by the time I had returned. “Well… I found a little mini-mart up the road.” I said to him. “I called Jen… she and her folks will come to pick us up in a couple of hours.”
 
“A couple hours…?” Jude asked. “What are we supposed to do until then?”
 
I reached into the shopping bag I had and pulled out cans of, “Beans! Cold pasta, and soup.”
 
“Let's eat…!” I said as I passed Jude a can, and can-opener, and a spoon. “You know, Jude…” I said as I ate my soup. “I really had a lot of fun tonight, reliving my old days. Thanks a bundle…”
 
Jude wiped the beans from his face. “We'll do it again sometime?”
 
I didn't answer, but I felt pretty confident that maybe we would one day.
 
 
The next morning, we were home, and gathered at The Lemon. Jude and I finished telling he story of last night, though Jude exaggerated a little…
 
“That must've been some adventure.” Caitlin said.
 
“Maybe I oughta' hop a train some day.” added Wyatt.
 
I waved my hand, “Meh, no big deal. I'm just glad its over now, and we're home.”
 
That's when Jonesy walked over to the table, with a serious case of bed-head. “Wow… someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Jen teased.
 
To our surprise, Jonesy admitted he woke up in the mall. “Ron caught me sleeping in the elevator… and… I got fired.”
 
“Well look on the bright side…” said Nikki. “At least you can get some rest now… and don't let me catch you doing anything this stupid ever again.” she hissed.
 
“Wow… touchy.” Her boyfriend teased, but he knew she was right. “I better just stick to daytime jobs. It fits in better with my timing.”
 
Jude nodded, “And if you can't find a job, maybe you can become a hobo. Just so long as you don't fall in the mud.”
 
Jen giggled, “Trust me… even as a hobo, I think Jonesy would defiantly get fired.”
 
We all shared a laugh, except for Jonesy had fallen asleep with his head on the table.
 
 
Author's notes:
 
I thought instead, Jude and Mykan should sing this song for the outro…
 
 
Jude and I never forgot the night we hopped that train. There were moments that were… “Dare I say fun…?”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Both)
 
We're off on the road from Edmonton.
We're having the time of our lives.
 
(Mykan)
 
We're quite a pair of partners,
Just like Thelma and Louise.
Except you're not six feet tall…
 
(Jude)
 
“Oh yeah…” and your breasts don't reach your knees.
 
(Both)
 
We're off on the road from Edmonton.
We're certainly going in style.
 
(Mykan)
 
I'm with an intellectual
Who rather pee his pants.
 
(Jude)
 
“Not funny…!” But at least I don't get vengeance
like when going off on rants.
 
(Both)
 
We've traveled a bit, and we've found…
Like a massive kick to elsewhere…
We're from Edmonton bound.
 
“Crazy travel condition huh, Jude.”
 
“Ahh… first class and no class, Dude.”
 
“Whoa, careful with that joke, it's an antique.”
 
(Both)
 
We're off on the road from Edmonton.
We're not gonna stop `till we're there.
 
(Mykan)
 
“Maybe for a chill…”
 
Whatever dangers we may face
We'll never fear or cry.
 
(Jude)
 
“No way…”
 
Until we're sure that Teletoon
will never let us die.
 
“Please…?”
 
(Both)
 
We're off on the road from Edmonton.
The home of that old campus swing
 
(Mykan)
 
We would pick so college girls
And picnic on the grass.
 
(Jude)
 
But then our girlfriends back at home
Will kill us at the pass.
 
(Both)
 
We certainly do get around…
 
“Like a bunch of renegade pilgrims who were thrown out of Plymouth colony”
 
We're from Edmonton bound
 
“Or… like a group of college freshmen, who were rejected by Harvard and forced to go to Brown.”
 
 
We're from Edmon-ton Bound…!
 
 
“7TEEN”