6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Up up and a Jude ❯ Jude Rides ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Before any of us knew it, Jonesy had planted a big banner outside my store which read…
 
See the Floating Jude: $5
 
Ride the Floating Jude: $10
 
Jonesy got the idea by the fact that people were amazed by Jude being able to fly, and that his lift was strong enough to carry a person on his back or so. “I'm telling you… it's a gold rush.” he gloated.
 
The rest of us thought it was lunatic, except for Starr, who was already riding on Jude's back for free because they were a couple, and Starr was calculating the volume and capacity of weight Jude could really carry. To get down all we had to do was pull the rope down and let her hop off.
 
“I guess if you've got it worked out…” Nikki said.
 
“And it would help attract more people to my store. Sorry to sound selfish.” I said.
 
Jen began to wonder where Caitlin was, and right then she came by the store with five cute boys following her in an adolescence manner, courtesy of her smile. She was seemingly enjoying the male attention, and of how some of them were giving her gifts.
 
Then one of the guys saw the banner and offered Caitlin a quick ride on Jude's back. Caitlin wasn't sure about that, as she didn't have much of a head for heights. Still, one rid didn't hurt…
 
Jonesy made his first few bucks already and agreed to let Jude have half the profits. Jude was actually starting to enjoy himself. “Goin' up…” he playfully said.
 
Soon the entrance of my store had a big line in front of it with people eager to ride Jude. “I gotta hand it to him.” Wyatt said, “Jonesy may actually be making an easy bargain for himself this time.”
 
“Yeah well it won't last.” Nikki said, “Something's bound to go working like it always does.”
 
I checked my watch, “I'm timing him.”
 
Speaking of time, everyone decided to head back to work, even Caitlin, but the problem was, there guys following her like shadows. He smile was so beautiful they couldn't look away, and what was worse… some f the guys in the line-up began to follow her, cutting Jonesy's profits.
 
Caitlin tried to tell the boys to let her be for a while but as she trekked through the mall, more and more boys began to follow her, even ones that already had girlfriends. “Oh, no!” she squealed as she picked up her heals and ran for it.
 
Upward, and downward, and all around the mall! To think, she of all people who had long searched for the “The One” was now running from at least “The One Hundred!”
 
Caitlin's trademark scream could be heard down every corridor she ran past.
 
 
Meanwhile, Jonesy and Jude had been giving quite a few rides to people, and they made not too bad a haul. “It would've been even more if Caitlin hadn't chased half the customers out of here.”
 
“At least they can walk on the ground.” Jude said. “This is startin' to make me see green, and put a number on my back.”
 
Who could blame him for complaining? Still, Starr was doing her calculations and she was going to call anytime and give us the estimated time for when Jude would float back down again.
 
Just then, as I was stacking the shelves, I noticed a pack of Caitlin's gum still on the floor and figured she dropped it by accident. I picked it up and read the label and its promotion, and I couldn't help but chuckle, “Heh! Caitlin sure does have guys going after her smile.” But then I noticed the fine-print which I read aloud, “Warning: Attraction may cause extreme inconvenience for user. Side-effects include: swooning, stalking, chasing, and nausea!”
 
Jonesy and Jude heard that, and we realized that Caitlin was in big trouble if she hadn't read the warning. “We've got to go find her.” Jonesy suggested, and we both ran off leaving Jude just hanging there, “Guess I'll just wait here.” He sighed, but he knew it was right because he couldn't be floating all over the mall.
 
No sooner had Jonesy and I left, did Caitlin come running by with a stampede of boys catching up behind her. “Jude! Help!” she cried as she hid behind him, and anciently kicked the ropes holding Jude down casing them to latch off and both Jude and Caitlin to float up, up, up, and out of the store thanks to the air conditioning. “WHOA..!” Jude cried.
 
Caitlin climbed onto Jude's back. “Jude! Oh my-- High, high… this is very high!” she squealed as the floated over the railings of the fourth floor, and began to float up, up, up to the roof-windows, and there was more trouble…
 
“Jude…?”
 
“What?”
 
“Jude…?!”
 
They both gazed up at the ceiling and realized there were men working to wash the windows from the last time Jude bumped into them, which means some of the glass plates had been removed. “AH…DUDE…!” cried Jude a she and Caitlin sailed through and opening unnoticed by the workers and floated up, up, up into the sky. Caitlin was so scared she couldn't even scream.
 
 
Wyatt, Jen, and Nikki received the call from me and Jonesy about Caitlin's gum, but when we all met back at Comic Cavern. “Where's Jude?” asked Wyatt.
 
We examined the ropes, and then Jen's phone rang. “Hello…?”
 
“Jude…?!”
 
We all huddled round her, “Jude what's happened where are you?”
 
 
“Uh… I don't know how to tell you guys this…” Jude stuttered, “But Me and Caitlin are in big trouble.” And while he continued to explain what was going on, he and Caitlin were rising higher and higher into the sky and being blown off by the wind.