6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Up up and a Jude ❯ Dental Disaster ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
Now Jude wasn't the kind of guy who liked going to the dentist, for that matter who was? Still, we all drove him in anyways assuring him that it was for his own good. “I dunno about this…” he groaned with his mouth still closed, “Maybe I could just let it go away on its own?”
 
“A cavity isn't something that goes away on its own, Jude.” said Wyatt. “It only makes it worse.”
 
Caitlin knew how Jude felt; she didn't like much going to the dentist either. Jen giggled a little remember one time she and Caitlin both had an appointment, and Caitlin made a major impression… on the dentist's hand.
 
CHOMP!
 
“YEOW…!”
 
“Well what did you expect?” Caitlin asked rhetorically. “He was the one who put his hand in my mouth.”
 
“Uh… kinda the whole point of going to the dentist.” Nikki pointed out.
 
Jude was called in, and all we could do was wish him luck. “Well… why don't we go get a coffee and come back?” I suggested. We all agreed and headed out the door, but Caitlin stopped a minute when she noticed the free samples of dental-gum at the door.
 
It was called “Pearlie Whites Super Terrific Whitening Gum” guaranteed not only to fight infection but also give you the brightest smile you'll ever have. “Guaranteed to make you appear more attractive… EEE-Hee-hee…”
 
She was up to one of those little schemes again to make boy attracted to her. So she decided to take some of the gum, but what she didn't do was read the fine print…!
 
 
As Jude was seated and gassed, the dentist had a phone-call to take which was very important. So he left Jude telling him that he would only be a few minutes, and “Just relax, and let the gas do its thing.”
 
Jude did as he was told, but two things when horribly wrong. Not only was the dentist gone for much too long, but there were in fact two gas tanks on the floor by Jude's chair. One was the anesthetic to numb any pain, and the other was helium, used to blow up balloons the people sometimes gave to the younger patients… and Jude's gasmask was hooked into the helium by mistake!
 
 
About an hour later, all of had had long since returned from having our coffees were surprised that Jude still wasn't done yet, some of us had almost fallen asleep when Jude finally came out with his new filling and shinning clean teeth, but surprisingly his voice sounded a little higher. “It just feels awesome to use my mouth again.” he commented.
 
Since Jude and his family had a dental-plan, we didn't have to pay for the filling. So we all decided to head back to the mall for a big celebration.
 
The dentist smiled as he watched us all leave. “They all come in with a whimper, and they leave with a white grin.” he said to himself, when he returned to filling-room, he noticed the gasmask Jude was hooked too was connected to the helium-tank. “What?! No…? It can't be?”
 
 
No sooner had we gotten back to the mall, a lot of cute guys were staring at Caitlin, and so were we, except for Nikki and Jen. “Caitlin, what happened to you teeth?” I asked as I gazed at her, “They're so… so…”
 
“I know, right…?” Caitlin said with a grin, and her teeth sparkled like her eyes. Then Jen noticed that Caitlin was chewing on that gum she had taken from the dental office. “But gum can't do that. Not in such short time.”
 
“Apparently… looks like it can.” Jonesy stated. He could see he reflection in Caitlin's teeth without even having to go too near her. “Mm-Mmm… lookin' sharp.”
 
Nikki rolled her eyes, “Can you believe this, Jude?” she asked. “Jude…?”
 
“Uh, Dude's?” Jude cried.
 
We all turned to see that Jude was hanging onto one of the tall mall-lampposts. “Jude… what are you doing up there?” Wyatt asked.
 
Jude didn't know how to explain it, but he didn't want to let go, but not because he was afraid to fall. “Jude… just let go.” Caitlin said.
 
Jude once again refused, but then he decided to try anyway. So he let go of the post but mysteriously he didn't fall but floated a few inches higher forcing him to hang on tight again.
 
We all just gazed in the outmost surprise. “Did anyone just see…?” Nikki stuttered. It was hard to believe but it was happening, and soon, Jude caught began to attract attention of passers-by.
 
“Whoa!”
 
“Check it out!”
 
“That guy's floating.”
 
Even Ron caught the attention of this, and you can bet, despite how amazed he was, “Violation of code A3-93 Point 56. Unauthorized flying in the mall. You're comin' with me, punk!” he growled, only… he couldn't seem to jump high enough to grab him.
 
Jude decided to let go, until he floated all the way up to the roof-windows. “Whoa… dude!”
 
This only made the people and Ron all want to head up to the top floor to see Jude. “Guys, we have to do something.” cried Caitlin. Indeed we had to, and I had a plan, one that would break up the crowds, get rid of Ron, and help us help Jude.
 
So we all raced to the top floor, Caitlin showed off her smile at the crowds, and since most of the crowd were boys, they couldn't help but be taken in by how pretty she seemed with her smile, and began to chase after her.
 
This let me move toward Ron, and prank him. I walked up to him and asked. “Hey Ron… fire in the hold!” Ron looked up just in time as I shot him with a spitball. “GRR! Just you wait for that, Spotswood!” and he began to chase me. “Okay guys… get Jude!” I called as I raced past them with Ron on my tail.
 
The others were barley able to get Jude because he was able to lift Jen off her feet. Eventually we all got Jude safely on the back with us, and after I had ducked Ron, all of us, except Caitlin had retreated to Comic-Cavern, and we tied Jude to the stair-railings so he wouldn't float too high.
 
We even invited Starr over for her deductions and we were all shocked to learn that Jude was aware that he had been breathing in helium instead of anesthetic. We even called up the dentist to confirm the mix-up.
 
It really baffled us that Jude went through a filling without being properly gassed, but then again he was always a really heavy sleeper, but that wasn't important. Starr did all the calculations she could and deduced that Jude had consumed two-thirds of a standard tank of helium. “That gives him the propulsion power, like…” she paused “A hot-air balloon.”
 
The bottom line was, for the next little while, until by someway the gas would wear off, Jude was going to be a human air balloon.
 
For once, Jude didn't know if he should have felt like it was awesome, or a bummer. “Wonder what I could do with all this…?” he wondered aloud, and he started to picture himself as some super hero flying around at will… or just a practical joker… or even just a guy in the sky waving to passengers on an airliner, and passing through a flock of birds, “Sorry feathered dude.” he would call.
 
Actually it was Jonesy who came up with an idea… one that would make both him and Jude rich. “Uh, oh… he's at it again.” Jen sighed.