6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Where for art thou friends ❯ Parting is such sweet sorrow ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Caitlin joined us at the set making site. “Oh! I can't believe I'm stuck in a play with, Darth.” groaned Caitlin, the rest of us heard her, but we weren't paying that much attention.
 
Wyatt was directing Jude who was driving the fork-lift to help carry the set to the location of the play. “Okay, stop.” Wyatt called, but Jude kept going. “Jude, stop! STOP…! STO-O-O-O-OP!”
 
Jude finally stopped just a few feet away form running into Wyatt. “Sorry, Dude, couldn't hear ya. Someone was yellin' “Stop.”
 
Wyatt rolled his eyes, but then things got worse as Jonesy decided, “Maybe just one more little nail?” he suggested.
 
Wyatt decided that this time he'd do it himself, “Jude… please don't come near me this time.” he begged. Jude agreed, but the funniest and unfortunate thing was when Wyatt hammed the last nail down, he slipped and whammed more of his good fingers. “Oh…! Ow! Oh, no!”
 
Jonesy and Jude didn't like this. “How many have you got left?” Jonesy hated to ask. Wyatt only had one finger left, and there was no way he could play his guitar now. He admitted it himself.
 
Worse, Jonesy boss saw the whole thing. “Jonesy, you've kept injuring your friends and making a mess of things ever since they came to help you.” That's when Jonesy was stripped of all his gear, “You're fired!”
 
“Ah, man!” cried Jonesy.
 
Nikki extended her pity. “Ooh… tough luck.”
 
 
We all headed back to the lemon, and Caitlin had a sneaky idea. She was going to pretend her throat was still sore. “Then Jen will have to do the role instead of me.”
 
None of us liked what she was doing, to Jen, or herself for that matter. Right from the start we knew this whole play was spinning out of control, but she managed to convince us to keep our mouths shut, and no sooner was that settled did Jen join us, and she was just as grumpy to learn that Darth was in the play, and worse, she hoped Caitlin was feeling better, but Caitlin didn't say a thing and just pointed at her throat.
 
Jen smacked her head down on the table. “Great… now I'm stuck with kissing the once former geekiest guy in the whole mall.” she groaned.
 
“You could just pretend your throat is sore like Caitlin's doin'.” Jude just blew the bolts. “Oh… I mean uh… er… aw, man!”
 
“What?!” Jen snarled.
 
Caitlin was licked. “Ugh! Thanks a lot, Jude.” She should've known better than to trust Jude with a secret. Jen was even more outraged. Caitlin was willing let Jen go through with role playing with Darth.
 
This was the limit. “All right you two… that's enough!” I growled. “I think the only people you should be mad with are your own selves.”
 
Caitlin and Jen were confused, and we all continued to badger them. We were right about them all along; the only reason they wanted to be Juliet was just to kiss some cute boy whom they hardly even knew. “You're making it sound so cheap.” Caitlin said.
 
“Cheap?!” snapped Wyatt. “It cost me all but one finger!”
 
“It cost me my job.” snarled Jonesy.
 
“I just blew another secret.” added Jude. “Of course I was never really good at keepin' them to begin with.”
 
Nikki stepped up, “I'll tell you what it cost us all the most; the knowledge that our friends are a couple of lunatic whackos who would put some random guy ahead of their own friendship.”
 
Caitlin and Jen realized they were right, but the rest of us decided there was only one way to settle this. “One of you is going to play that part…” I said, and threw them a quarter. “It may be small, but flip for it. At least it'll decide things quickly and save us a heck of trouble.”
 
We all decided to leave and let them work it out, but Caitlin and Jen were too upset, however, to flip. They really had been acting like foolish girls. They also realized that we were right; what was one boy they hardly even knew compared to having a friend you've known for a long time... A friend whom without you wouldn't have become the person that you were…
 
Suddenly, they both had an idea.
 
 
When it came time for the performance, neither Caitlin, nor Jen was playing the role of Juliet. They gave the role to someone more deserving… Julie. Just like Darth, she had her image change, and she look fairly pretty… some of the guys in the audience were ogling her too, and some of the girls liked the way Darth cut out.
 
The big kissing scene blew everyone away.
 
“So, you guys finally decided that friendship is more important than some cute boy?” Wyatt asked. Caitlin and Jen agreed, and they shared a hug, “But what about you and your fingers?” Jen asked.
 
Wyatt assured them and the rest of us that he had a plan.
 
 
After the show, Wyatt demonstrated something that none of us could believe—
 
He was playing his guitar with his feet and toes. He got the idea long ago from watching handicapped men, who had no arms. It was incredible, as well as inspiring. “A true musician has to be ready for anything.” Wyatt said, “Right, Jude…?”
 
Jude was sitting at least two tables down to keep away form Wyatt, so he wouldn't drop anything else on his fingers, or toes. “Right-on, Dude.”
 
We all shared a laugh. Then Nikki asked, “Say… what happened to Jeff anyway?”
 
Caitlin and Jen decided to forget about him, and the fact that he had gotten his voice back and applied for a job out of town, and they promised they wouldn't let anything like a boy come between them again…
 
…until they both caught a glimpse of another hunk strolling past the lemon.
 
(Whoo-hoo)
 
“Here we go again.” Jonesy sighed.
 
 
Ending theme
 
I'm 7teen.
I have found my own way
I love my job and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever.
 
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN
 
Still the memories will last
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
7TEEN!