6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Where for art thou friends ❯ Ouch, I did it again ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The gang met up at the lemon, and Nikki and I both help to banged Wyatt's sore thumbs. “Wow… both thumbs. That's gotta hurt.” Nikki teased.
 
“Nikki…!” I grunted softly.
 
Wyatt sighed again, and Jude apologized for the umpteenth time. “Well… at least I still have eight fingers.” Wyatt said. The rest of us didn't understand what was good about that, until Wyatt demonstrated that he could still play his guitar even without his thumbs. “Wow… that actually is cool… for once.” Jonesy teased. At least it mean Wyatt's gig wasn't lost.
 
Suddenly, the rest of us noticed that Caitlin was busy making lemonades with a pretty strange expression on her face. “Uh, Caitlin…?” I asked. “You okay?”
 
“Oh, I'm better than okay.” Caitlin sniggered with an evil look in her eyes. “I feel so good… I think I'll go bring these to Jen and Jeff.” And before any of us could say anything, Caitlin was off laughing softly yet deeply like a witch. “Guys… who is she and what has he done with Caitlin?” asked Jude.
 
“I don't think we wanna know.” said Jonesy.
 
 
Jen and Jeff had reached the exact same spot where Jeff and Caitlin left off in their rehearsal. They were about to kiss when Caitlin interrupted them buy bringing them free lemonade. “Hey… all right… I'm parched.” Jeff said.
 
Jen rolled her eyes. “Caitlin!” she growled under her breath, “Why are you doing this? We were just about to ki-- I mean perform our really hard scene.”
 
“Yeah, right… so you can have him all to yourself.” Caitlin snapped. “Admit it, you like him and you want to steal him from me.”
 
“What…?! At least I'm not throwing myself in his eyes.”
 
Jeff could sense the problem in all this, “I… uh think I've had enough practicing for one day. Heh, heh… bye!” and he dashed off. This only infuriated the girls more, and finally… they began to have a little cat fight. Which lead them out into the mall, and they were caught by Ron. “What is going on here?” he demanded to know, but he himself got caught in the fight and got pummeled a little, but eventually, the girls were locked in the detention-cell.
 
 
To make matters worse or… somewhat slightly better… The stage was starting to look complete, and to think Jonesy actually did a good job. “I can't believe it… but I believe it.” Wyatt said.
 
“Like I said…” Jonesy gloated ad he gently tapped the set “I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.” That's when he ate the words when a small piece of the set from above fell off and hit him in the head. “Hey!”
 
Wyatt couldn't help but chuckle, “More like three times.”
 
Jonesy was not impressed, but then Jude offered to help Jonesy fix the error. “Here goes…” Jude called as he readied for the head, then he swung back hard and smacked down on all the fingers of Wyatt's Right hand, “Ow…! Jude…!”
 
Jonesy and Wyatt both gasped. “Whoa… sorry, man.”
 
Wyatt narrowed his eyes, “Sorry doesn't help, Jude… now I only have four fingers left.”
 
“There is no way you can play you're guitar with only four fingers.” Jonesy said, but Wyatt proved him wrong. He could still strum, and hold the tuning areas of the strings without his finger tips. “Okay, maybe you can.”
 
“What can I say?” Wyatt smirked. “I got skills.”
 
Just then, Nikki and I came along to warn the others about Caitlin and Jen. We bailed them out from Ron's office but they were still plenty mad at each other, worse than that, Caitlin couldn't speak, Jen had strangled her so much that she had lost her voice, which meant she couldn't fill in the part of Juliet for the performance the next day. “Oh, gee… sorry about that, Caitlin. I really am.” Jen said. She sounded like she really meant it, but deep down a part of her was glad that Caitlin was out of it.
 
Although Caitlin's voice was very hoarse, she was still able to make it clear to Jen. “Once I get my voice back, I am never speaking to you again!” and she stormed off.
 
“Wow… that had hurt you both.” Nikki said. Jen actually agreed a little, but she had no time to worry about that. She had to go and inform Jeff.
 
 
All the rest of that day and well through the next morning, Caitlin still came to work, and tried with all her might to get her voice back, but alas, she still sounded hoarse. “Ugh! I don't think I'll ever get well in time.” she cried.
 
I patted her back, “Its okay, Caitlin. They'll be other parts in other plays.”
 
Caitlin said nothing, and then Jude came along with a weird drink in his hand. Nikki and Jonesy gave it a whiff, and the both nearly gagged. “Ugh-oop! What died in there?” groaned Jonesy.
 
Jude explained it was a mixture Starr taught him how to make. “Clears the sinuses and soothes the throat back to normal… that's what she told me.”
 
Caitlin didn't like the sound of that, and she didn't like the smell of the drink either, but if it would help her get her voice back, and take the role back from Jen, she gulped it all down. At first she turned green, and steam shot through her ears. He shivered and quaked like a volcano erupting, and pounded her fists hard on the table. The rest of us all huddled together to wait for the big bang…!
 
Caitlin finally breathed hard! “Jude that is disgusting! Are you trying to…” she stopped when she realized she was all better. “Wow! It does work.”
 
This was quite a surprise for us too, but then again we all remembered that Starr had a high IQ now. The real deal was, Caitlin had her voice back, “I've got to tell Jeff.” But just as she was getting ready to leave, Darth showed up, “I wouldn't be in so much of a hurry.” he said.
 
“Uh… what are you doing here, Yoda?” Nikki asked.
 
Darth had a message to give, that Jeff was no longer able to perform. HE too got a bad throat from practicing too much with Jen… but they didn't kiss. “So… I shall be the replacement Romeo.”
 
This surprised us all. Since when was Darth into Shakespeare? However, this worried Caitlin a lot; it meant that she'd have to kiss him?! Even though Darth was still with Julie, and he was now handsome, tall, and slick, instead of short, braced, and nerdy… Caitlin still had those memories in her head from when he was.
 
“I must go rehearse now…” Darth said, “Parting is such sweet sorrow, Juliet.” He smirked as he stroked Caitlin's chin with his finger. Caitlin was in big trouble now.