Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Happosai Chronicles ❯ The End. Sorta. ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Happosai Chronicles Chapter 8 by Afroplex

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Ah! My Goddess, All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku or any of the characters mentioned in this fanfic. I highly recommend you check out the original anime or manga that the creators put out.


Urd led the way down the street shortly before ducking into an another alleyway than the one they entered this world from. A darkened rundown shop was at the end.

“Well, it -has- been a while since I've been here,” Urd mumbled.

Happosai grunted and adjusted his hold on Sailor Saturn that he held in his arms now instead of above his head. Saturn's miniskirt was resting on the ground due to the lower height and was starting to accumulate bits of mud.

Taking a look around the alleyway like she was surveying a new house to purchase, Urd nodded in satisfaction. “A little shabby right now, but it should be a simple matter to spruce it up. I used to come here to sell potions and such when on vacation. Mishima Industries also showed quite a bit of interest in the potions agreed to hold the property for me. I'll have a bit of a talk with them about letting it decay like this.”

“Ya whatever, I just want to put my heir down and check out the area.”

“You mean go feel up some young women and steal some things of theirs.”

Happosai raised his eyebrows, “You seem to know a lot about me. Lets just say we both have our hobbies.”

Urd either ignored him or wasn't listening, because she continued to look at the abandoned shop. Then to Happosai's amazement she walked right through the boarded up door as if it wasn't even there. “Nice trick, I'll have to ask her to teach Hotaru the technique.”

A second later, Happosai felt a shiver – no, more like a the feeling of standing between two large electrical transformers. It grew larger and the boards on the door to the shop began to shake. Taking a step back, Happosai's eyes grew large as the shop began to morph as if moving back in time with electricity crackling all over it. The dull gray and molded boards lost the decaying fungi and rejuvenated with a fresh newly painted white. Cracked and shattered windows flowed back into place.

Though, it seemed to be missing something. About to move into the shop, he hopped back in surprise when sparks splashed out from the signboard. Temporarily blinded, Happosai regained his vision and read the neon lights.

“Urd's Potion Paradise,” then below it read in smaller letters, “and Divine Collections.” Shrugging at the last part, the grandmaster entered the new shop.

Inside was the regular expected Nerima-style potions shop. Large bottles, small, the occasional jar with brains of some sort, mixing apparatus, then curiously a bank of computers along the wall labeled “Collectors Only Use”. Then in the back was a sliding doorway.

Through this Urd walked through, “Bring sleeping beauty back here to rest. I'll make sure she stays asleep all night. So, how do you like the place?”

“Hum, not bad. You a master of hidden weapons to hide all this away?” Happosai walked into a nicely furnished living area and laid Saturn on the black leather couch.

“Hidden weapons? No, whatever that is. More of a magic user myself. Like I said back in the warehouse, I'm a goddess,” Urd shrugged and went back into the main shop to prepare for opening.

Saturn was resting, but had a face that was anything but peaceful. Her eyelids squeezed tight every so often and her fists clinched.

Happosai pulled up a chair beside her and sighed. Examining her aura, he was more so impressed with her abilities than before. Still comparatively weak, she had amazing potential in her aura. The skimpy sailor suit helped tie everything together and magnify them. Seeing that force field in action, if she trains enough she may be able to bring her sailor abilities out even untransformed. A smirk grew when he thought about her powers growing in her transformed state.

Touching a few pressure points to put Saturn to sleep without any dreams, she relaxed considerably.

“There, now she will be ready for training. Unfortunately Urd knocked her out for a week.”

Not bothering to tell Urd where he was going, Happosai started bounding over the roofs for the residential areas. On the way there he grabbed a blanket from one of the clothes lines to hold his precious darlings. Chuckling, he couldn't wait to bag his first silky darling from another world. Also he'd need them to prepare for Saturn's training.

The first five apartments were easy pickings. “The humanity! These people have no respect for these beauties. Nerima and Juuban at least guarded, protected, and cherished you in some way! This place has no such ideals. I must liberate!” Gaining a bit of confidence from the early successes, he began to actually creep into the apartments. The first one was easy and came out with a whole bag's worth.

The second building he visited though was a bit more troublesome. The moment his hand touched the outside window to open it, alarms went off. His fingers were instantly jolted back with a thousand volts of electricity and he went flying down into the street to leave a small crater.

Getting up, Happosai groaned and looked up to take another shot at it. To his surprise instead of seeing just a regular apartment building with burglar alarms going off, it was also accompanied by floating robots and sentry guns pointed right at him.

Rockets fired.

“Oh dear.”

Explosions followed and a smoking form came out of the larger crater. Happy stood and hobbled. Hurting, but not seriously. After all, he'd been through worse in his 200 years. From the frigged December air a charred piece of fabric floated down and settled on his bald forehead. It was silence for a moment, then slowly a red glow emanated from the charred burglar's eyes. A growl rumbled forth.

About to jump back at the apartment building to seek revenge for his loss of bounty, he heard a squeal of tires. He was run over as an old jeep roared and jumped the crater.

“Ingrates!” Happy yelled and waved his fist at the motorist. A second later, he was dodging bullets from above. The burst of gunfire wasn't long and continued down the street after the speeding vehicle. Already in a fowl mood, “Alright, no one fires a weapon and runs like a coward from me!”

Bouncing up to a smaller building, Happosai started roof hopping after the attack helicopter. Behind him cops had just started to pull up to the apartment to investigate the attempted burglary against one of the most fortified complexes in the country – a test project courtesy of Mishima Heavy Industries. It had a state of the art Mishima Anti-Burglar System MKNA401.

The chase continued toward a junk yard by the docks of Tokyo. Happosai was already way ahead of the jeep after poring on the speed. As it turned the corner, the attack helicopter lost sight of the jeep and had to maneuver around a set of high voltage power lines. Meanwhile down below the jeep was attempting a tight turn, but crashed into a pile of cars. Several other vehicles in the pile fell on top of it to cover the totalled jeep. Some dirty piles of snow also fell down in clumps.

Jumping down, Happy went to investigate the occupants. He had just jumped on top of the jeep when a spotlight moved over him. It quickly passed since he blended in well with the trash and dirty snow that layed on the heap. Shrugging off the brief interruption, Happosai began to look for a way down into the jeep when a burst of machine gun fire from above announced itself and several intense sharp pains in his body. As suddenly as it began, it stopped. Happosai flopped over in pain.

This movement caught the eye of the navigator manning the sensors in the helicopter, “Arisa, you idiot! You just shot a civilian!”

The pilot yelled toward the back of the craft, “Hey! It looked like junk at first! It's not my fault Kyouko!”

“I'm calling Lady Akiko immediately, we have to figure out how to deal with this. MHI could be in big trouble!”

Down below in the jeep one of the passengers held up a cat, bullet wound through its chest and clearly not breathing. Ryuunosuke, a child around age 10, held up the gray striped cat. Tears were falling from his eyes, “Dad, the cat! I shouldn't have brought the cat with me.”

“Ryuunosuke, Ryuu buddy. Don't cry...” the scientist Kyuusaku Natsume, and father to Ryuunosuke, lit a cigar and looked at the robot skeleton in the back seat. As he grew a smile as a plan forumated, a drop of blood spashed on his hand from the ceiling. “What the?”

Getting up, he started to crawl out from the jeep to look for the source of the blood.

Back in the attack helicopter Poison-1, “Arisa, Lady Akiko demands that we land and try... Hey, they are down there too! Arisa, you just shot at Lady Akiko's son!”

Arisa was sweating bullets now and hands were shaking at the controls of the attack helicopter. She swiftly lowered it to the ground and looked back at her partner. Her voice was quivering, “I'll stay here.”

Kyouko jumped out of the idling helicopter and made a dash for the junk pile. She threw her helmet back at the helicopter on the ground in her haste.

Kyuusaku was buffing on his cigar trying to administer any aid to the short old man that. He looked up at Kyouko and shook his head. Remembering back to his previous idea in the jeep, Kyuusaku grabbed Kyouko's hand. “Help me with Ryuu, the cat, the old man, and the android. We have to get back to my lab at MHI if we have a chance of saving him and making sure Ryuu has a merry Christmas.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“HURRY! We only have 24 hours if we are to somehow bring them back...” then in a lower voice Kyuusaku mummered, “in one form or another...” then back to yelling, “HURRY!”

“YES SIR!” Kyouko took off her jacket and wrapped it around the old man's body and put it in back storage. Several cases of bullets were thrown out to make room. Rushing back, a crying Ryuu was cradling a dead cat to his chest. Blood was starting to soak into his coat. Kyouko initially panicked thinking that her lady's son had been shot, but those fears were quickly put to rest with reassurance from Ryuu. Helping carry the heavy android, all three made it to the helicopter.

“Ryuu, hand me the cat. You will have to stay here with Miss Kyouko while we try and save this old man and the cat. Just you wait, I'll make sure you have a merry Christmas.” Kyuusaku closed the hatch and signaled to Arisa to make due-haste for the labs.

Back on the ground, Arisa put her hand on Ryuu's shoulder. It was shrugged off quickly. “Don't touch me. This is all your fault. Now if you don't want my mom to hear about all this, you'll find some way to get me back with my dad.”

Arisa felt around in her flight suit and pulled out a 5000 yen bill. “Let's call a cab.” Thinking to herself, <There goes this month's grocery money! Cry....>

Half an hour later, Ryuu was reunited with his dad and mom. Around them was an elaborate lab, with pieces of wooden crate busted open in the corner. “No, no, no. I will not allow it Kyuusaku. First you run off with my son and my grandfather's property, then you want to use it for a Christmas present? Have you lost your mind?!”

“Akiko, dearest. You have to understand. Ryuu had found a pet and I was thinking about letting him keep it. Then all of a sudden your assistants kill the cat. Now in all this mess an innocent was killed in the process. I can probably save both of them, but only if I use the technology that I developed in my time here. You are lucky I had a second exact robot android hidden away just in case. I'm sure your grandfather would agree with me if he found out that someone was killed in the midst of all this,” Kyuusaku quieted down as soon as he noticed his son enter the lab. “Now, run along with Ryuu while I get my assistants. This is going to take a miracle to pull off.”

The night passed. Akiko entered the lab to find an amazing site. Fabricators, wires, welders, drills, and clothing fabric were spread out everywhere. Against the far wall was a hospital stretcher with a white sheet over it. It had two small unmoving bumps under it. What really amazed her was what was on the main lab tables. Two well developed attractive teenage girls, both about age 17. Both were sleeping soundly on the tables and fully clothed in form fitting spandex uniforms.

Akiko walked over to the first girl. She had long flowing purple hair that went past her hips. Going over the second, she was the first's exact twin only with blue hair. Not seeing anything that was gruesome, Akiko called back. “Ryuunosuke honey! You can come in!”

Her yell woke up her husband, “Akiko, sweety, would you try to keep it down. I've been up all night.” Seeing Ryuu, Kyuusaku perked up, “Ryuu! Come here. I would like to give you your Christmas present.”

“Dad? Christmas present?” Ryuu was looking around. His eyes fell on the hospital stretcher then went back to his dad, “You weren't able to save them, were you dad.”

“Not save them?! Ryuu, your dad is a genius. I not only saved the cat, but gave her a brand new body. Now you have a sister in a way too. Surprise!” Kyuusaku threw his arms in the direction of the purple haired girl. “Ryuunosuke, I present to you your Christmas present.”

“Wow dad! This is great!” Ryuu ran up to the girl and examined her face. “What's her name?”

Scratching his chin, Kyuusaku thought for a second, “I haven't really given her a name. Technically she is still a cat, and since she is your pet, you should name her.”

“Really? So cool!” Ryuu closed his eyes for a big and thought hard. Remembering back to the cat in the alley what he would have named her, he made his decision, “Nuku Nuku. I name her Nuku Nuku.”

“That's great Ryuu. And since she is part of the family now too, I'll give her a family name of Atsuko Natsume. We can just call her Nuku Nuku though for now,” Kyuusaku laughed. “I'm such a genius!”

Akiko coughed into her fist to bring attention to herself. Behind her Arisa and Kyouko, both looked rather nervous – probably after a long night of being yelled at by Lady Akiko. “Well, Kyuusaku. What about the old man. Is he... err.... she..... whatever going to live?”

“I think so. The procedure was considerably harder to do on a human, but I was able to manage. I still don't know his... her... whatever's name yet. Any luck digging through the military's database that MHI has access to?”

Akiko shook her head negative. As she was about to speak, the blue haired “reborn” Happosai began to stir. “Guess we'll find out soon enough. At least now she doesn't have to worry about dieing from a heart attack. The shock alone may have killed her old body.”

“Ugh.... what happened....”

TO BE CONTINUED....