Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Ah! Urd's Small Love Story Grown Up! ❯ Ah! Urd's Small Love Story Grown Up! ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ah! Urd's Small Love Story Grown Up!
 
Short Description: Based on ep. 25 of "Ah! My Goddess" where Urd turns small & meets the night school student, Yoshida Shohei... what happens when the two meet again?
 
Ten years have passed... and I still haven't forgotten that angelic face. The face who saved me from a certain death... The girl who had long hair as white as new fallen snow... The girl who had angel's wings on the day I thought I would die. I still remember her... with her arms outstretched to save me from falling from a tree. I still remember her... Also, I still remember what her sister told me, "Grow up fast, and maybe she'll see you again."
Maybe she will. Maybe she won't.
Heh, I didn't even ask her sister where she went off on that night! There's no chance we'll see each other. Never.
SCREEEEEECCCCHHH!!!!!!!!!
"Huh? What was that? A girl? With a bottle of sake? Wait... sake..."
She always drinks sake, she says it'll her bring her strength back. Even if she's a little girl... wait... she told me from the start that she's not a little girl. That she's never a little girl.
Her name. Her name... What was her name...? That angelic face... That flowing hair as white as snow... with a diamond on her forehead... Her name...
URD.
"URD!!!" A young man in a formal attire with glasses rushed to the aid of the girl who nearly collided with a car.
"I'm so sorry!! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there! I'm so sorry!" the driver repeatedly apologized to the fallen girl in front of him. "It's alright... HIC! Just go on with your life and forget about it..." the girl, or woman, just said as she tipsily tried to stand up.
The bespectacled man just stared in awe in the woman in front of him right now.
No. It can't be. Long hair as white as new fallen snow... A girl with a diamond on her forehead. A girl with a tan complexion. The angelic face whom I thought I would never see again...
"Urd..." the man thought aloud. ”Um? Who are you?" the woman asked.
"Ahh... I-I'm..."
Come on! Just go with it! She might be her!
"I'm Yoshida Shohei. You must be Urd, right?" he stuttered a little bit. "Hm? How did you know? Have we met somewhere before?" the woman asked.
I just know I've seen that face before... but where? No... it can't be him… the little guy who followed me back home when I shrunk! What's his name again? Oh, right, Shohei. That sweet little boy who used to brought me video games. The little boy whom I saved from the tree!
Then, as if reading her thoughts, the brown-eyed man said, “Long time no see.”
The little girl whom I thought I would never see again... Urd…
“Hey! Get off the street!”
Shohei just stared, “O-Oh! I'm sorry, sir, we're getting off now.” Urd just smiled as he took her by hand, “You've remained as sweet as long as I could remember.” Shohei, not noticing that he's holding hands with Urd, just blushed at her compliment.
“So, why did you leave me that night?” Shohei asked as he broke that ice. Urd was just thinking of the perfect reason what to say to him when he saw a vending machine. “Oh, look! A vending machine! And they have sake! You loved sake, right? Do you still drink now? Well, as for me, I still don't drink, I don't like the smell of it, but if you insist, I'll buy you one…”
And he goes on… like we never seen each other for a lifetime… I guess, for humans, it's a lifetime. So, what now, Urd? Will I give him a chance? I DID tell him that “Urd” was my sister, and that I told him that “they'll” see each other again. CRAP! I had no idea he has never forgotten me! Oh well, I guess I'll give him a chance.
“Okay, buy me the biggest one they got! And I'll buy you a game too! Do you still like games?” Urd asked. “Well, now that you mentioned it, I'm a game designer now, so… yeah, I still like games.”
And it's because out of all the women I know, you're the only one who understood my likes… and you inspired me with your talent for finishing games in record time!
Later, they sat down at the bench from where they first met. Shohei asked as he looked at Urd intently, “Um, Urd? Do you still remember that time when you gave me your bottle of sake when the policeman scolded you?” Urd laughed, “Yeah, I remembered that. What about it?”
“Well, I figured, if it weren't for that policeman, I think we weren't be able to meet on that precise day,” he simply said. Urd just nodded, “Well, true. And if it weren't for that policeman, we shouldn't be here right now, nee?”
That smile… that calm, serene smile that I've been searching for so long… she's already here… right beside me… Urd… I…
“Oh, look! The sunset! Hey, let's go on the beam like we used to! You do still remember how to climb there, right?” Urd suddenly asked. Shohei just smiled and replied, “Do I ever? How can I forget that time when you taught me that I should not give up when I haven't even tried yet?”
Urd just smiled. So, he hasn't forgotten yet what I taught him.
They both climbed the beam on where they used to when they want to see the sunset. They continued to regain their lost friendship. Or is it just friendship? Or is there something more?
Day by day, night by night… they rekindle their lost friendship… until slowly… Urd, who was constantly being pushed by her conscience,has to say the truth to him.
It's now or never. Just say the truth already!
“Um, Shohei… will you be mad… if I say something to you?” Urd asked as she twiddled her fingers nervously. Come on! Just say a few words and get over with it! I mean, look what happened to Keiichi and Belldandy! She told the truth the first time they met! And look where they are now! Happy together!
“Hm? Why do you say that? Is there something wrong?” Shohei looked at her face intently as if searching for an answer to his question. Why does she look at me like that? Is she… is she… will she…
“Shohei, look… I told you the first time we met on that day that I'm not a girl, right?” Urd said tonelessly. Shohei just nodded, Well, what about it? What? Is she really… on that day when I thought I saw…
Angel's wings…
Suddenly, as Shohei was drifting from his thoughts, Urd was all of a sudden covered with a long veil somewhat of a robe… with a soft blue light of circles covering her outer being. And with that, from her back, grew large, beautiful angel's wings and she flapped it lovingly.
“This is who I really am. I told you before that I'm not a girl… but actually, I'm a goddess banished from heaven,” Urd said melancholy.
Banished? A creature as beautiful as you? Banished?
“But, since you have a pure heart with no desire for any kind of destruction… I have one question for you to answer…” Urd said huskily. Shohei just gulped.
“Will you accept me… as your goddess?”
“G-g-g-goddess? Accept you?” Shohei stuttered. Urd just slowly nodded and made her way circling around Shohei. Urd touched Shohei with both hands as she levitate around him, her wings and veil fluttering around him softly.
Shohei can't say with words on how he felt… the way he melted at her delicate touch.
So… I'm now in heaven… with this beautiful angel with me… asking for permission to become her master… I think… “Urd, I gladly accept you… as my one and only goddess…”
She said with half-lidded eyes, “Thank you… Now… I'll know how it feels like to protect someone… to serve someone with all my heart… and…
To love someone…”
And they stayed there… with their eyes filled with joy upon saying what they truly felt. From a distance, two creatures, a boy and a girl, watched the soothing scene from behind a wall.
“Well, looks like they had a happy ending, huh?”
“Looks like it… well, let's go back now and celebrate for a new beginning…
Belldandy.”