Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Angel ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel

Spend all your time waiting

For that second chance

For a break that would make it okay

Keiichi stepped out of the dojo. He looked up at the sky. Yet another beautiful day. Another day with the goddesses he has learned to love. A flying object was sent sailing into the back of his head. Keiichi turned to see a bickering Urd and Skuld. How typical.

Belldandy came out of the house. She waved at her sisters and joined Keiichi at the end of the stairs. Keiichi smiled at her and she smiled back.

There's always one reason

To feel not good enough

And it's hard at the end of the day

Keiichi loved Belldandy. He knew it. He also knew that Belldandy loved him too. But sometimes, late at night, or when they were in trouble yet again he didn't feel worthy of her love. She was a goddess after all. He was just a mortal that she loved. He didn't deserve her love, in the back of his mind he thought this and only at those times did it affect him.

I need some distraction

Oh beautiful release

Memory seeps from my veins

Let me be empty

And weightless and maybe

I'll find some peace tonight

Belldandy smiled at Keiichi. He was thinking again. He seemed to do that a lot lately. She kept her beautiful smile on her face, wishing to cheer him up. Belldandy loved to see Keiichi smile. It made her even happier than she already was. She was already happy simply because she was with the one she loved most in the world.

In the arms of an angel

Fly away from here

Another run in with Mara proved to be harmful to Keiichi. He was hurt at some point in the fray, trying to protect Belldandy. Belldandy currently held him in her arms. Keiichi didn't seem to feel the pain.

From this dark cold hotel room

And the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage

Of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort there

Belldandy couldn't help but wonder why Keiichi kept putting himself in danger to save her. He knew she was a goddess, why would he do such a thing? She hugged him to herself.

Keiichi laid his head back on Belldandy's lap. Whatever pain he had felt from his wound was gone. He was being held by Belldandy, his angel. He knew he was safe.

So tired of the straight line

And everywhere you turn

There's vultures and thieves at your back

Skuld was complaining to Urd again. Urd tried to ignore her, but it was getting increasingly harder since Skuld was being particularly persistent. She sighed. Skuld just couldn't understand that Belldandy and Keiichi were in love, and there was nothing that she could do to stop it. She knew Skuld didn't want to lose her sister, but she could never lose Belldandy, even if she and Keiichi finally got together.

And the storm keeps on twisting

You keep on building the lie

That you make up for all that you lack

Keiichi kept up his grades, he did everything. He tried to be perfect, he tried to be everything that Belldandy deserved, but sometimes it just wouldn't work. He loved the Motor Club, he did everything he could there, he helped out all the time at work, but it never seemed good enough.

It don't make no difference

Escaping one last time

It's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh

This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

"Keiichi?" Belldandy asked quietly as they sat on the steps of the dojo. Keiichi looked at her. She smiled brightly, Keiichi returned the smile. "I love you."

Keiichi smiled. "I love you too."

"Why do you keep trying to protect me, and why do you keep working yourself to the bone to impress me?" Belldandy asked. She looked at him innocently. Keiichi sighed.

"I just can't help but think that I'm not good enough for you. Somewhere in the back of my mind, it's telling me to do all of this. I can't help it, I just can't help but think I'm unworthy," Keiichi replied. Belldandy gasped.

In the arms of an angel

Fly away from here

From this dark cold hotel room

And the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage

Of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort there

Belldandy took Keiichi in her arms, gathering him to her.

"You are everything I want, everything I need. You are good enough for me Keiichi. It is I who am not good enough for you," she spoke softly. Keiichi wrapped his arms around Belldandy. She began crying.

"You're everything I need too," he said.

You're in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort here

Um, hi. This is my first Oh! My Goddess fic. It's rather sad in comparison to the series, sorry. I wrote this for a friend of mine. She asked me to write one for an anime she liked, and I finally decided to try. If you liked it, please review.