Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Betterman ❯ Along came Peorth ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tippy woke up feeling a soft breeze against his left ear. Slowly opening his eyes, he saw Peorth leaning over him, a playful look on her face. That close, he could smell her rosy scrent, intoxicating and more powerful than any pheromone.

"Bonjour," she bade him. "I took the liberty of preparing your breakfast."

She waved her hand towards the kitchen table where a feast awaited him: fluffy hotcakes, crisp bacon, moist, bright yellow scrambled eggs, assorted Danish, steaming, watery grits, round, mouthwatering sausage patties, diced homefries with onions and peppers, and assorted fresh fruit.

"Did you make this yourself or conjure it from Shoney's breakfast buffet?" he quipped with a straight face.

Peorth scowled at him. "That should be moot, it's the thought that counts, right?"

"I meant no offense, milady," he insisted, taking a chair.

"None taken," she replied amicably. "Then partake…bon appetit!"

"Please join me!" he welcomed her over.

Peorth studied him for a moment then did as he requested.

"I trust you slept well?" he asked, reaching for a cherry Danish.

"Oui, for the most part," she replied with a sly grin. "But it's much better to share a bed."

He imagined a possible outcome of what she just mentioned and turned slightly red.

"My thoughts exactly," she laughed.

Tippy chuckled nervously. "Again I apologize."

"No, I should not pry into your thoughts," she scooped some eggs onto her plate.

He decided to change the subject. "So…you can eat too?"

"Absolutely," she answered, taking a strawberry and holding it to her lips.

His eyes followed her movement, watching her eat it. Damn, does everything about her have to be sexy?

"Have you decided on your wish?" she leaned closer.

He took a nervous sip of pineapple juice. "I'm still mulling over the details, can we spend the day together before?" he asked hopefully.

"By all means," she looked pleased and folded her hands together. "You wish to take me out on a date or something?"

"Er, suppose I am?" he dared to tell her, even if she was just flirting.

"Well, why not? I'll afford you this little perk that comes with your deluxe service package," the goddess replied, spooning some eggs into her mouth.

"You should try them with ketchup," he offered, handing her the squeeze bottle. "I'd like to show you around the city. Have you been to Florida before?"

"We're in Saint Petersburg, no?" she asked. "I've read about it, but haven't the chance to visit until now."

"Tell me more about your Earth Assistance Center," he requested.

"We cater to the needs of the worthy souls such as yourself. I or another goddess grant wishes on a regular basis," she replied helpfully, intrigued that he was interested in something other than her body. She knew he was attracted to her and was trying to maintain pure thoughts.

"What if their wishes are evil in nature or wanting godhood themselves?" he bit into a juicy piece of sausage.

"Candidates are carefully screened. Good people are chosen," a gleam came to her eye. "Why, cheri? Are you wishing for something wicked?"

"Not at all," he assured her.

After the meal, he took a shower then changed into a pair of cargo shorts with a cotton tank top. Peorth waited outside on the balcony, the bright sun shining against her fair skin while a gentle breeze tossed about her long tresses. She wore a short white sundress decorated with a floral print.

"Que vous etes belle," he remarked with a shy grin.

"Merci beaucoup," she blushed.

She followed him down a simple flight of stairs then into the parking lot.

"Have you ridden in a car before?" he asked, unlocking the door to his 1987 Dodge Daytona, a sky blue 2 door sporty vehicle with hatch back, turbo, and a rebuilt engine.

"Can't say that I have," she replied. "First time for everything, right?"

He opened her door and closed it behind her after she got in.

"This city is surrounded by water on both sides. It's quite the sight to drive to work everyday."

"You'll have to show me," she nodded.

"First stop, Saint Pete Pier! It's a tourist trap, but someplace I like to hangout."

Peorth smiled and rolled down the window as he made his way to the freeway. He stole a glance at her. She was so different from Belldandy, the goddess who had appeared to him a few years ago.