Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Valkyrie's Knight ❯ Act III ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Oh My Goddess! - Valkyrie's Knight
Act III
--------------------
He hadn't had this dream in so long. The amount of time since he had this dream was countless, the span of darkness and gray in between, few clear dreams that `were' actually comforting to his mind, that this one was more than just a cherished dreamscape.
-It was as if his soul was reborn.-
The glowing gold fields of Mercuria itself that rose into forever. The cadre he was with was sent on a `test' mission, of a sort, where his assigned unit was fielded to investigate an `objective'. One that ended up being nothing more than a written message in Intracellic code runes, indicating `good job', put in a rather quirky manner. What was important at the time, was that he was the one assigned as the cadre troop Commander, as he was sent at whim of the Generals at the time, to test out the cadre unit, as well as his own leadership abilities. It was also when he was given command over a then freshly minted Second Class Valkyrie named Lind, a fact not lost on the rest of the cadre platoon of twelve.
He discovered as they spent that week (or so such of time, depending on what actual temporal mechanics were in place,) out in the field, Imladris had to lean to place his personal feelings very much `indeed' in afterthought to his command duties. It was a bit rough at first to do such, when the lot of the platoon was a bunch of goddesses that wanted to do more than just merely `follow his orders'. Having to secure his tent one night with an active Seal, essentially described the problem when they were encamped within sleeping hours.
Imladris eventually managed to forge a strong bond with the entire unit, when they discovered the number of rigorous tasks set before them, as they climbed the planar slopes of Mercuria. The likes of rolling several-ton weight `diamonds' in spots, crossing the vast entirety of the River Oceanus, the narrowest crossing point only a few kilometers, and even face down an Archon in actual battle, all while surviving as an intact unit. At least the food ration crud bit was not placed upon. Heck, the very grass was life feeding energy, so starvation was pointless a lesson.
Of it all, it was simply being `near' Lind at that time. She actually looked up to him, in of itself a dream being lived for real, but more they all found pure respect of each other, and of each of their platoon comrades at the time, without romance even in the way of the total objective. (Though enough seeped in anyway, during said time together.)
-Wait.... where did....-
Now it was that time at the Goddess Eternity Ball. It had been strange how he, as a rather well groomed and promising mortal Squire, found it easy to have suitors for the ball. However only one wished for, one found arriving at his side after entering the Ball room of such eternity, when Lind appeared without much warning. It had been expressed in half witted tones whom he wished to take to the Ball, much to the General's amusement, yet how root canal pulling he had made all of simply trying to ask of her, to take her hand for the Ball.
He even remembered the times he stood outside the training cadre halls where Lind was training her guts out, and literally wimping out no less than six times, in his own embarrassed state and self-admonishing. He really `did' believe at the time he wasn't good enough for her. That and he sure didn't have the plain guts to go with his heart. That quandary never seemed to resolve itself at the time the Ball started. Hence how he arrived alone.
And to his shock her at his side without (again) much warning. All she told him at the time was, of her truthful honor it was to know she was his first choice. From there, much to the satisfaction of many looking on, and much to Imladris's surprise, Lind was a majestic ball room dancer, her formal dress looking so beautiful to him, compared to his more flocked armor and robes of standard. Even those crosses upon her gown of choice looked perfect. At least for him if nothing else.
-Wait, that was then the `first' real time together? Then that fight....-
Um.... huh? Then the scene shifted to that very last duel, the one above, around, in sight of that Phosus invoked battle at Einherjar Fields. The one that had him and Lind all but pasting the sky unto each other, in that dance, as it was referred to later amongst Heaven. He in fact had enjoyed that fight, despite how cut up Lind made unto him. This knowing that to know her battle form and fierceness, was to know her more personally as well. From the look in her eyes at that time, she grew just as satisfied as they danced their sparking and crashing weapons upon each other.
Lind didn't dare try to give in, He didn't want such either. Having completely exhausted each other was possibly the most satisfying thing he ever felt up to that point. And it in fact was. He hadn't lied when she had bested him, as he was still the weaker of the two, and Imladris `knew' it. For some reason, her form on his back felt warm. But.... he was out cold at the time, so how did he....?
Why he knew, that was not certain of why at all. In fact he wasn't sure why he was having these dreams. This was a weird way to be dead. Wasn't he? He thought the cold and darkness was all that was left to him. And then he started feeling better, started seeing all these dreams he thought he forgotten, started to....
-This all felt `too' alive....-
--------------------
His eyes shot open. Alive. All too much so in fact. They rolled this way and that, as his mind began to click back to its old functions. It was like a BIOS boot, with iron walls slamming in his head, as it began to remember things. Things it should not be. Things about his supposed Third Death, but not those dreams, such as they were that faded almost immediate. In fact as such, what he saw was `not' after effect of death. Not of Heaven, nor any other Outer Plane, to be certain.
The ceiling was too primitive for one thing. Looking up, the sight of a ceiling of light brown wood of a fashion, a boxy looking ceiling light attached. He cocked his eyes and noted light coming from, and turned his head to the right to see a draped window, the light coming through a simple type, not the majestic glow of living luminescence that cascaded through a Heavenly version. Outside that window, light detail of clouds were seen. The sound of water dripping from an overhead gutter could be discerned by his enhanced hearing, as could the birds that passed by on their own whim of the present.
His eyes then rolled down to the edge, and saw the blanket, thick and warm of blue tones and white of sewn edge. He felt the pillow behind his melon, one that was not obstructed of any armor of helm. He then noted that he was not wearing his armor, and also that....
....he SHOT up, looked down, and saw a mere white T-shirt and some kind of sweatshorts, this as he threw off the blanket, realizing.... “But... but I....” ...he said as he patted his chest where he `knew' he had been slashed. He even lifted his shirt and saw upon his well chiseled form, a good streak where a scar is. He touches and feels a good bit of sting still there. In fact he suddenly gets a good bit woozy, and then realizes he moved too fast. His head recovered about a few seconds after, and thinks openly.... “But if I.... Didn't I.... didn't I.... die?
He looks around again, and then realizes where he most likely is. He remembers the last thing he felt was being slashed with the energy blade Caceroth used, at which remembering he growls at, but then remembers feeling arms catch him as he blacked out.
And then he felt.... life.... he felt life flowing back into....
....and then all those dreams, staving off the pain he had apparently... “By Almighty. But then... if I.... oh no.”
There could only be one answer to how he could have survived a lethal blow like that. Since this was `not' Heaven, and the only souls he knew of that could revive him from a lethal blow were near the target he was supposed to protect. He suddenly felt his belly go cold.
“I think he's awake.” ...Imladris heard through the door to his left, as Skuld spoke muffled sounding past it. Imladris shot to his feet and started panicking... “Oh no... no no... nonononONONONONO NO NO!” ....looking this way and that, in growing agitation!
“Yup, he's awake.” Skuld just said, as Imladris heard footsteps and light whooshing wind approach the door. Imladris turned and went right for the door to slam it open. As soon as he touches the door however, he is reflected back hard, just as hard as he had been reaching to open the door with! The next thing he realizes, he is on his back, looking up at a wide field Reflection Spell Field, the code rings rippling from the door, around the immediate walls, and to the adjacent walls, floor and ceiling to a point, a fifth of the surrounding room combined!
“And he found our little cage it seems.” ....comes the bland tone of Urd. Imladris all but rips to his feet and yells in quick succession. “OPEN THIS DOOR!”
“Comme impoli.” Peorth imparts next.
Imladris just stands there for a moment, as he hears..... “He woke up I hear.” ....as that had be the target himself. He then realizes how dangerous a position this all is to be in. He growls out next. “I ORDER you to release me this instant! By code and right of the Almighty that Mastered my presence here!”
“Sorry, not happening.” Urd quips back, as Imladris hears something slide onto the door. The knight retorts to that with... “Caceroth is still out there, I must stop him! Now OBEY!
“Comme très impoli.” Peorth snaps back with. Imladris can't understand why they aren't listening. Don't they know how much....
“You were badly hurt lord knight. We had to use a good part of our powers combined to prevent your death, and such your condition is not well as yet to leave.”
Imladris knew that voice was Belldandy's. The face and tone from yesterday's confrontation still stinging at him. He then hears from the mortal Keiichi on the other side of the wall. “Bell's right. You looked terrible when they took your armor off. Made me queasy really.” Imladris looked at his chest again under chin, and then realized.... 'where is...'
“Your belongings are in close proximity to you, but are Sealed.” ...Imladris hears, shocked to hear it was Lind's voice this time, very close to the other side of the wooden door. He looks around, and sees his backpack, sitting in the far right corner above the pillow, in spot. He can see the rippling aura of the Seal, noted by his senses. It all just tightens his fists that bit more.
On the other side of the door, the goddesses and mortal just look plainly in various areas, Velsper off to the end of the hallway, just as interested. They were just beginning to feel normal again, the sleep they needed was much, after both using their combined powers to drive off Caceroth, whom was in fact wounded in the surprise assault. And then the use of their combined powers to regenerate the tissue around the entire wound, taking advantage of Imladris's nanite enhancements to do most of the work of healing. The long night that passed had been dearly touchy still. So much so that Lind was the one at his side, using her own sleeping link to infuse comforting dreams, a sort of celestial aspirin to prevent what was otherwise, a painful night. Lind never wanted to see Imladris that wounded again. Twice was too much now, and this time around had become too close of call, with Heaven not of use in the time given. Worse with sight of what Caceroth almost did to Imladris, the sight of the Knight's body being nearly stolen making the Valkyrie snap, her ice powered attacks at the time, having been a 'touch' more emotionally driven than the other goddesses attacks had been.
Eventually despite in the elongated end, the pain subsided as the tissue damage was repaired. But the sight of the scar would become another mark of many others she saw on his chest, neck, shoulders and back even, as Imladris slept calmly finally. Lind for the first time saw much of the physical effects of all those years apart from Heaven, uncertain to the Valkyrie, if it was the body, or the mind of the mortal before her, that had more scars.
Furthered, Lind had just risen to check on the others, placing the reflection seal on the room as she left, when Imladris awoke. The rotating seal, using the use of Spirit powers from around the temple, had been devised at the goddesses whim, once they learned what else was wrong with Imladris.
The display of anger was now all too telling of this wisdom.
Keiichi meanwhile, having seen the wound, and truly unable to help, only prayed the goddesses work would come to fruit. However hearing the severe tone of the mortal knight for the first time, kinda `did' make him have second thoughts. “Was he always this blunt?” ...he just puts, which the goddesses just snicker at lightly.
“Thor's influence is rather well entrenched.” Peorth put, as Skuld looked up at the floating goddess. Bell however puts in, with Lind clutching unto herself reflexively... “However his amnesia hides a more magnanimous personality.”
Imladris suddenly shouts from the other side. “My concerns are not important here! You're all making me disobey my duty!”
Urd cocks an eye, and asks simply... “And what order would that be? Since Almighty won't tell us anything.”
Neither will `I'.” ...Imladris suddenly steels back, making the goddesses look at each other. Peorth then cranes her neck at the door, and imparts, trying a different tact. “”Is that to say, our dear Chevalier is intending to disobey a request from goddesses, that hold higher rank than his own personage?”
“The Lordship's orders are tantamount, even above the Hub Administrators.”
Keiichi quips. “Hub?” Bell... “The System control center where Heaven is operated.” Keiichi blinks. “Wow. So he did serve in Heaven, for real.” ...he puts, amazed to fully learn this fact. The goddesses mutual smirk a bit at the memory of such. On the other side however, Imladris grows a `wee' bit impatient.
“-BY HEAVENS COMMAND, OPEN THIS DOOR!!! -”
Keiichi just holds his ears with the rest of them, quipping. “Holy cow, he has a roar.” Peorth just hits the door behind her, where she floats in position. “Vouloir tu abandonner cela!” Bell just shouts out in equal kind! “Please halt your anger. Your mind is not well.”
Imladris just retorts back, stiff as stone. “As if I do not live with `that' always.” Bell however pushes... “No. Your mind has been compromised by Caceroth!” This the knight freezes solid in shock at hearing. “But.... that... that's insane. How....”
“It's the truth. We have evidence of this incursion.” Lind speaks next. Imladris in kind holds his own head, in both hands. He then remembers what he had been feeling all this time, the memory of his mind being nearly consumed by Caceroth, and then he.... “But I broke free....”
“Only by will alone, not from the spell he has upon you.”
Has?” Imladris blurts back to Peorth. In kind from same said goddess... “The spell was trying to make you more palatable as a host body, as far as we could deduce. If we hadn't intervened when we did, you would be Caceroth by now.”
For a moment, the weakness and shame he felt of himself flooded his mind, but he shoved that off as he felt the anger he `should' have instead. Anger for the Nemesis. Imladris simply asked... “Did you remove it?”
On the other side, Urd took the turn of... “No. It seems attached to your amnesia for some reason. The code is somehow too deep within your brain to access, probably using your own system enhancements to keep it functioning.”
That in turn caused Imladris to suddenly grow enraged. “THAT BLASTED SIN OF A WENCH!” ...and then to the goddesses shock, feel a massive punch delivered to the wall. One even Lind had to hop away from the door with. “Jeeze.” Skuld yelps. Keiichi reflexively is held by a suddenly fearful Belldandy. “No kidding.” ...he says, finding strange quirk of comfort in the embrace.
Imladris just starts to roar again! “By ORDER of....”
“Not happening.” Urd quickly snaps back. Imladris shouts back... “WHY?!
“No way you are leaving to become a pawn of the one you were supposed to be sent, to protect us from! You are as much a part of this assault now, as we are.” Peorth adds in. Both she and Urd nod to each other, as Bell recovers her level senses.
For a moment, there is silence, as Imladris holds on the wall on the other side, the reflecting energy just making him hold on stead fast, intensely at that. Even despite the energy agitating his hands like sandpaper and electricity combined. Then.... “Please... I can't let him win.”
“Not like this you won't.” Urd snaps back. This in turn starts another short moment of uncertainty, long and silent. That is, until they all hear what sounds like essentially, a lion like tone of growl. “What the....?” Kei quips, just before all the goddesses feel the color RED outright shoot into their senses, like a slamming meteor!
Urd for one.. “Oh Crud.”

“Chevalier WAIT a....”
-SLAMSLAMPUNCH-SLAMSLAMSLAM -PUNCHPUNCH-PUNCHSMASHS LAM-
Imladris becomes so enraged for a moment, he punches the sealed door over and over, so hard the goddesses start bounding all over the hallway! Such that Keiichi falls and accidentally drags Bell with him! Even Velsper is getting tossed around real good! Banpei and Sigel nearby end up bouncing around into each other, the house itself with dishes and other not nailed down material, flying all over the place!
Elsewhere, the punches actually shake a good area of the surrounding prefecture! Enough some of the people think a small earthquake is happening.
“H... ho... h...h... h.... hol... holy.... c... c... c... co... c... c.cow...!...!...!...!” Skuld just jitters out through her smacking teeth! This strange, suddenly comical moment of venting fury, ends as Imladris finally stops, the Seal spell apparently far stronger than he! The design indeed as strong as wisdom intended.
Finally the knight slides down the door, the Seal reflection brushing hard upon on his hands and forehead. The pain is ignored as he pleads... “Please. I can't let it end this way. Blast it all......”
The lot on the other side of the door pick themselves up, as Lind emphatically imparts... “No.” Unto, thankfully for the goddesses, the impetuous venting finally ends there. Imladris just falls into a depression for the moment, his duty being defeated by the ones he was not supposed to make contact with.
What `is' there left for him now?
--------------------
Chibi Hild and Mara had heard it all. Their own spot above the room ceiling giving them all too close a vantage to hear Imladris's entrapped rage. “Not sure if We should laugh, or be sorry for the armored dope.” Hild just puts. Mara quips in. “Just laugh, he is still our enemy.”
“And a tool.”
Mara looks over at the chibi-CEO and cocks a worried eye. “Don't tell me we're going to get involved.”

Hild just puts a finger to her chin and looks all cute like, remarking. “Oh We think we'll do more than that.” ...and then has a most vicious look on her facade “No one attacks `Us' and gets away with it. Oh yes, this Caceroth is on our `very' naughty list!”
Mara nods. “For once I agree.”
Hild just looks down at her, and dryly quips back... “For `once'?” ...this Mara just gulps at. “I.. I mean always Mistress.”
--------------------
Imladris thinks he hears a thump above him, but is too depressed to even think at the moment.
--------------------
-Somewhere within Mount Fuji-
'- How dare those wretched vessels contaminate his presence with their foul powers and magic. -' Worse to prevent him from achieving his long planned goal. So long planned, and interrupted in such a way Voluspa hadn't foreseen to inform him. Not that he should have to rely on such. Caceroth was too powerful to have allowed such an attack to even get close to him. He would surely make them all pay!
He twisted and writhed in the heated ash deep beneath the inert volcano. He felt his mortal shell fading more and more with each passing moment. He was so close to have obtained the perfect vessel to finish this pathetic affair. Now enforced to use this rotting remains of a corpse, that could not withstand the ashen medium for much longer. Such Caceroth dismayed at having to still use such at this still existing place in time!
How that wretched mortal had allayed his ingenious assault, and then they all countering at the moment of capturing the Nemesis shell, was beyond his burning vision to comprehend! More and more, Caceroth felt writing, burning emotions that he would rather strip himself of. The anger was not for a Soulless, unfit of mind. It reeked more of Demons than it did Soulless.
There had to be some way to take them all out in one event, and maybe...
...his own ash, swam and suffocated in, gave him his final answer `for' him. But before he could pull it off, there needed to cause a distraction. The memory algorithms in the ash he had left behind in that foolish contraption gave him another idea. One of the mortals with the target in fact.
--------------------
“So what do we do now?” Keiichi quite honestly asked. Skuld seemed to just put out. “We somehow stop Caceroth. What else is there to do?”
Peorth nods. “D'accord, the main problem is finding a way to trap him.”
Urd in the same overused TV room of late, Lind this time near enough with the others, from the hallway adjacent, only remarks. “Well, we did damage the bastard a good measure, last night.”
“Is that enough?” Keiichi puts out. “Seems like he has limitless energy to attack with.” Bell however corrects. “Since he is part of another System, no matter what kind it is, his energy is derived from certain mediums, and is depleted in energy just as much as we.”
Of a rose held goddess, off uneasy habit... “Also from the looks of it, his powers can only be focused on one type of attack at a time. Even the ash minions he summoned were still a focus of his abilities. They stopped when Imladris originally stomped his arse.” ...Peorth putting in, the last part mimicking their caged knight of present. Keiichi quips. “So if we just make him focus on something while we place a trap, maybe...”
“If anything will work. No one has tried before.” Lind extrapolates out to the hearing unease. “We have no data to go by on what kind of trap will work, if anything will work.”
“Something has to!” Keiichi strikes out. “We can't live like this in fear anymore. Isn't anyone else getting tired of this?”
“Been tired of it three days ago.” Skuld puts. Urd just rubs from above. “Little kid need a nap break?” ...this Skuld just punches upward, spinning Urd in midair a comical bit.. “Knock it off.”
Belldandy however agrees. “I agree. We can't keep having to deal with Caceroth on his terms. Apparently his mind works in rather unique ways we aren't meant to.” Peorth nodding as well to that. “Got that right.”
Just then, a shout from afar. “Let me out!
“No/Nay/Nope/Nu-uh/Sorry no/Non/Meow!”
--------------------
Imladris blinked, thunking his melon back onto the shielded wall, his head getting more bruised. “Did one of them meow?” ...he quipped to himself. He also thought he heard something above him speak in 'nay' as well. Tis was not his day.
--------------------
“What about our rather brutish guest then?” Keiichi puts out, just as equally unsure what to do with that bloke either. Belldandy however lowers her tone, and makes it noted to the others she is doing so. “That is up to him.”
“Eh?” ...Kei just quips back. Bell explains... “It's clear the only way we can defeat our foe, is with his help. Even with all our powers last night, we only wounded Caceroth. If he regenerates only to attack again, we `all' will need to work together to defeat this enemy.”
“Like a family.” Keiichi decides to impart, which makes the others smile a bit. Keiichi did see all of them here, save for the knight, as family under this roof. Bell however puts. “One that has to trust each other, and stand together as one. Only with such unity, can we face down the Wraith foe.”
“Which means he's going to have to trust us as well.” Urd puts in equally low tone. Lind raises her head, and looks over at the Sealed door, before she turns back, coming closer to the bunch. “That may be difficult indeed. Knowing him as much as.... well... knowing him, his fixation to his duty is essentially his life now.” ...this the others, Velsper even garner hearing towards. Such that comes out next, in a bit odd of a tone. “I once said a Valkyrie's duty is joy to us, as is battle.” ...Lind then sighs and softly imparts... “However for him, duty and battle are duty to his soul. It's less of happiness, and keeping his own standards that he sees fit are equal to what Heaven is." ...such Lind sighed and continued... "He never understood, and he always pushed himself to always to be equal to the level of the Wish he gained, the way he did.” Lind closes her eyes simply... “He always treated his Wish, at the time of his original death, as a curse to make himself to a level, that he always saw in Heaven. That the System was always better than he, and that despite accepting that, would then claw and fight his way to a level he always put out of his own reach.”
“Dang.” Keiichi just puts, with Urd and Skuld both just level back. “That's all you can say?” Kei just dryly retorts. “Hey, I'm not the gold guy.” ...this the two just shrug more amicably at. Peorth inputs to this. “I think he was always too awed at the choice he made, and blames himself for forcing himself onto Heaven, as far as he thinks. For us, we never saw it as such. When he achieved all he did, before his death before Caceroth in the Invasion, he had already attained more respect than his original Wish had originally merited.”
“How can he be that hard on himself, if you guys aren't?” Keiichi put. Belldandy just simply imparts. “Because he remembers how he died, in a war killing others, as was his duty then. The Wish is unique in this respect, as he feared dying at the time, as was mentioned before.” Keiichi gulps. “So he made a Wish to keep himself from dying?”
Peorth takes up here, “Except he `did' die anyway. This is for him, a separate life. However he kept all the old memories and made his standards from his own sins. He held them all until the amnesia came, and ever since then, it only got worse, without the true personality that knows better, to keep his standards in check. He's applied them ever since, and now he almost blindly obeys, while more than likely knowing better he's doing so.”
Keiichi nods upon Peorth's words. “So that is the kind of wall we need to get past, to get him to trust us, huh?” Belldandy then puts out with a glance over. “One of us `can'.” Lind suddenly shoots her head up. “I already told you that...” Urd snap interjects. “Fooling us at a time like this, is not going to help anymore. Everyone else here sure sees the truth.”
“Not if he can't be truthful of himself.” Lind stabs back. Skuld puts in. “Like you were of us once.” ...this strikes rather hard at Lind, who didn't want to face that obvious fact. Belldandy puts in the same cue. “If you both can find your truths here, he may be able to find his true self.”
“Do we need him?” Keiichi did ask of an obvious question. Even Skuld thought this. Lind however suddenly defended. “Yes. No matter what else, his fate became linked to Caceroth from the moment they met.”
“To his death if I heard right.” ...Keiichi remarked. “Not if we can get him to see what we do.” Peorth puts, this as Velsper comes over and hops in to Bell's lap. Keiichi remarks. “What does `that' mean then?” Urd in kind... “Weren't you listening earlier? Caceroth has put an influence into Imladris's mind. Almost a virus if it were equal code in Heaven. We're lucky 'he' didn't attack us instead, and at this rate, could still do so. As long as that is in place, he won't be able to listen properly. If we can get past that, and use his abilities to help us, instead of keeping us out of this fight, we may have a chance.”
Keiichi gets Urd's gist by now. “So we talk him `out' of killing himself with Caceroth. Should that be not easy?”
“You forget how much his duty is in the way, hence why he's locked up.” Urd puts simply.
Lind sees already where this is going, and just beats Keiichi to the punch. “Hence why you want me to persuade him.”
“Only by your own will of choice, not from our pressings.” Belldandy remarks, clutching her hands again, just below where Velsper was sitting. “What is locked behind cannot be forced out. It must come on its own accord. That was why you still hold onto the memories he cannot.”
Lind gulps, and looks down. She then remembers for a moment, that day the mortal lain in that bed, the weak and everything she couldn't stand to see him as, all because he saved more than just Heaven that day. She had `never' felt so afraid in her life, facing her own true death, when Caceroth had her dead to rights slain. And now to see his condition like that, a second time... “I promised I would remember for him.” ...Lind put out so softly, even Velsper feels a tear well up, something the reincarnated demon felt more from Blue Lance, but enough of her/himself as well. Keiichi sighed, and then looked at the clock. “Ut oh. About work time.”
Lind looks up, as Peorth puts out. “That isn't wise at all.”
Bell just looks as Keiichi explains. “Sitting around here isn't doing much good, and Chihiro will get suspicious if we're not a at work today. She never lets Whirlwind stay closed more than one day.”
Urd sighs, as Peorth likewise rubs her head the same. “Anyone say open invitation for disaster?” ... “Juste un peu trop.”
Bell just puts. “Maybe we can take one more with us today. We should try and not let this interfere with our lives. It can show Caceroth we are not afraid.”
“So who will go?” Urd replies to Skuld's query. “I'll go. At least I can pick up some stuff while I'm out.”
Peorth and Lind just make ick faces at that, as Keiichi and Bell rise, Velsper hopping off. “Alright. We'll need to take a tram today instead of the bike.” ...this Bell nods. “Then we better hurry.” ...this as Keiichi rises to call Chihiro, while Peorth chats a bit with Urd and Skuld.
Lind meanwhile only looks back at the Sealed door, and wonders for once, what she `can' do to get through to him. This as Velsper stops behind Lind, and then looks up at the ceiling.
--------------------
Megumi rode by the site of the destroyed building this day, her own curiosity getting the better of her, since it was close to her normal route to get to the main campus. Her bike picked up dust from the rather ruined looking block area.
Getting a good look of for the first time, she blinked and quipped... “Dang, surprised that earthquake today didn't cause more damage around here.” ...she then looked over at where a few police vehicles held their place, keeping traffic away. Megumi saw them and decided not to chance such fate, and revved her bike engine and drove off for classes.
Doing so kicked up some of the `dust', some of which seemed to follow her.
--------------------
While Velsper kept to her/his own sometimes, he/she chose this time to do essentially otherwise. As such, the neko demon walked around, looking for the one person the neko knew that was around, but normally didn't want to tempt fate with.
The hand that caught his/her scruff from behind again, as Velsper YELPED in a loud meow like sound.
“Looking for us?”
“M... M... Mistress Hild!”
The scene could have looked cute, a white haired child holding a small cat by its scruff, and all that, if not for the rather biker like Goth clothing, the fact Velsper was screaming `like' a girl he was changed into, and the lil bit with all that CEO stuff and all. Hild at one millionth power was still terrifying to the cursed cat in all true form.
“So you want us to help save Belldandy. We can read your mind. We actually `are'.”
Velsper just mew-sighed. “Someone has to stop that wraith.”
Hild just smirks. “That person already is here. Why do the dirty work, when one made for such can do the same. Besides, We're actually itching to see our mutual knight friend kick some Soulless arse.”
Velsper blinked twice. “Arse? Wait, you are?
Hild smirks. “With a bit of prodding, the time will come. It already is after all. The catch is how to finish off our mutual threat, and still come out on top. That Gray Seer isn't the only one that can see things to come.”
Velsper just welled anime tears. “My mistress is always wise.” ...this just nets him/her a cute looking cradle hug by the child looking CEO, which just only makes Velsper much more disturbed. “Such words from such a cute mouth. If only it wasn't cursed in tongue. Such nerve to praise Us with such a forked tongue indeed.”
Velsper just gulped.
Hild just stroked the neko's furry 'Sigil' with a finger. “Just keep close to your `perfect' doublet, and when the time comes, even you may have a place in the final show.” At this, Velsper is tossed like a toy by the tail, into the air. The cat manages to catch the edge of the residence and scramble up onto the gutter, before looking back and seeing Hild gone again. Velsper just sighs all neko like and heads back to find a way down, in cat like reflex of manner.
Chibi-Hild meanwhile appears back inside next to a bored looking Chibi-Mara. “Minion.” ....not anymore. Mara BOUNDS to an erect salute stance. “MA`AM!”
“Follow lil ol Keiichi and his ball and chain. Make sure neither of them are harmed. Expect an attack as well.”
Chibi-Mara shudders at this and complains... “But if he `is' going to come, should we not...?” Hild just explains, all too patiently... “We need to be sure `everyone' is fed up enough to use everything they have. That is when the time will be right. If you don't return, I'll weep for the goddess you had killed with you.” ...this Mara `really' gets irked about, at which she pops out of sight, leaving behind in word... “Like that will happen.”
Just as Hild planned.
--------------------
Heading off simply, while Urd stood with Keiichi and Bell, the two ladies earning more jealous stares from the other tram passengers, at the certain mortal in between. Urd just sighed out. “Boy, this all just keeps getting more and more fun for us anymore.”
Bell just smiles as best she can, and replies. “Life is always full of challenges. We've always met every one of them. We shall of this one too.”
Keiichi just quips. “Thought that was my line.” ...this Belldandy giggles at. Urd however folds her arms and leans on the tram door they are near. “This one is pretty steep though. Dealing with someone that really does want to...” ...this Keiichi elbows a bit, noting the other passengers. Urd sighs. “Well, you know.” Keiichi just imparts. “Like Bell says, we'll all get through this. Would be nice if we had a little more help though.”
Bell just imparts calmly. “If Lind does open her love for him, then that will be the path we can obtain such help.”
Urd and Keiichi eye each other, which Urd just puts her opinion in. “Uhuh, two highly trained, hard core soldiers manage to find love in the darkest of times.”
“Gray.”
Urd just about smacks K1 one, and continues still... “...and ones with emotional walls and complex barriers we'd have little capability of understanding.”
“And through it, they still will find their way to each other. Lind already knows how to do it. Trust is her wellspring to by, for accomplishing this end.”
Keiichi is just amazed how Bell can be so confident. Still he `was' the one to be offering that there be a way to repay Lind for her previous help. He just commented to this. “Then we have hope.”
Just then the tram stops at a stop, and the door slides open, catching Urd off guard. She flails and actually falls for once. “Dang it!” ...to Bell and Kei's surprise. As Urd gets back up quickly, Keiichi just dryly comments... “Or not.”
This, Urd `does' sock him on the head.
--------------------
Peorth and Skuld are busy working on ideas on how to trap Caceroth The latter doing most of the work, with Noble Scarlet's help, as Peorth keeps pointing at a small TV screen in the room, and special Intracellic code programs popping up all over it.
“Maybe we can try using his own code against it.” Skuld offers, while fiddling with her scanning device. Peorth just responds, not to enthused with the idea. “Don't thinking using ash on ash will really work. Caceroth seems to be too proficient using our own code to make his own.”
“Maybe a firewall that protects us, or just cuts him off from his source.”
Peorth rubs her chin, more amicable with that idea, however she responds to this with... “We'd need source code to locate what parts of Intracel was compromised by Voluspa. Last I checked....”
“Yeah, yeah.” Skuld just tones back rather blandly. Both sighed, as they prodded further.
Just then, the sound of footsteps makes them both turn. A rather interesting sight, as Lind walks by, but not wearing her normal jumpsuit number. Instead... “Isn't that her goddess uniform instead?” ...Skuld says, never having seen her plain `formal' goddess outfit before. Peorth just smirks and imparts. “Pour afin de amour. About time too.”
Skuld blinks and just looks at Peorth.
--------------------
Two stops later, the trio reach the NIT campus area, where Whirlwind is situated. Keiichi and Bell turn and look as Urd imparts. “If anything happens Sis, just holler. No trying to defend Keiichi on your own.” Keiichi just puts, trying to not think of the obvious danger. “We'll be fine. You be careful, just in case.”
Bell bows. “Let's all get back home safe.”
At this, Bell and Kei head off, while Urd walks off a bit, then hops high off when no one is looking. (A tricky feat for how she's dressed, her red and black skin tight number drawing more than a few stares.) After, Urd heads to her favorite `drug' store, while the long time duo walk with a bit of edge in the looking around.
“Is it alright if I'm nervous?” Keiichi jitters out.
Bell just gulps a bit as well. “I must admit my own anxiety.”
The two react by taking each other's hands, this time much less hesitantly. The times impart even the smallest of things of difference.
As they draw closer to work, they see Chihiro waiting for them, waving. “Hey K-boy. B-girl!” Keiichi sighs happily for once. “Good, she got here okay.” ...this Bell happily agrees with hands clapped together. Kei actually finally laments having Bell let go of his hand, though a moment later, she takes it back quite consciously.
The two share a silent smile, before Kei looks back and sees... “Hey. Megumi is here today.” Bell looks and blinks. “What a nice surprise.” Keiichi only nods.
--------------------
Mara appeared somewhere on one of the nearby roofs. She noted the two fools walking together in some kindergarten grade hand holding scene. It just made her want to...
“You should be careful.” ...this making Mara JUMP a good bit, turning... “WhA?! URD!
“There's a nasty ol wraith out for even demon blood.”
Mara just huffs and turns to face her one time friend fully. “Yeah well, we only got hit once so far. Seems he likes goddesses for lunch better. Can't see why. All that 'light' flavor would make anyone sick.”
Urd just smirks with arms folded, somehow already begotten a bag of drugs, which she sways in her left hand. Mara isn't unnoticing of such. Urd just snips over, with a tinge of worry along with. “So it was you two that got attacked yesterday.” Mara growls, and turns around. “That's unconfirmed demon business.”
Urd however just walks up calmly to Mara's left, as the two see Kei and Bell reach their source of income. (Of happiness, in so much as currency.) “Might wana drop that girl. We all are in equal danger here. And I suspect not just us or Keiichi even.”
Mara just reacts by huffing again, but with arms not as folded. “Meaning?”
Urd just comments. “I know about the Invasion of `both' Systems twenty years ago. We both suffered as a result. To think a Soulless Champion to be here on the mortal plane, to simply get to Keiichi, is the only intention here. Probably means we all here, my.... um... Hild included, are in equal danger, along with all of the Planes, we both fight over.”
Mara just sighs, and cranes her head over in a drooped state. “Hate to admit, but yeah. I think Mistress...” ...Mara stops, before giving anything away. Urd, being the daughter of Hild in part, isn't so dumb. “She has a plan already.” Mara just huffs back in pensive. “Still demon business.”
Urd shakes her head. “Then our goddess business isn't a concern of yours. Do go and find a disco parlor to your liking.”
Mara `really' miffs at this and yells. “Remind me to dump you in a bad karaoke bar sometime you...”
Urd notes something odd and holds a hand up suddenly. Mara blinks and huffs again. “Now what?” Urd just imparts. “Something's not right.” ...as she looks, with Mara looking around the area Urd is. “So what? It's the dumb squirt, your ditzy goddess, and two dumb female mortals. So what?”
Urd doesn't immediately answer. Still, something is uneasy in her mind as she looks at the back form of Keiichi's sister, the last to enter the shop. She just can't her finger on it. Then Mara looks as well.
--------------------
The daylight was now well high in the air, the light playing golden arcs into the room, cage or not. (Or aye to be sure unto Present.) By this point Imladris was simply sitting in meditation, knowing that being agitated anymore was a waste of energy. Hardly the first time he had been imprisoned either. The time in Zenith Keep wasn't a very wholesome affair. At least Cormyr was more comfy, less biting guards. The latter at least ended up well, he even was made an honorary Purple Knight of Cormyr. The former was still a nasty enemy he was happy to leave behind.
Still, this particular cage was certainly more comfy than any. Since Heaven uses storage zones or other more permanent contraptions for such `needs', the prison on Luna for far more dangerous and permanent incarcerations even, the mortal equivalent did essentially place this room as the `best' in the slate of such incarcerations. He never saw such in Heaven. The closest there was when the Generals literally 'sent him to his room', though that felt more like a tryst of the Generals wanting to be 'too' nanny like, than was healthy.
Now if only he could get out of here. This version of a prison, had likely the 'best' security system, that not even money could buy. Would have took Wishes to get a mortal equivalent, (and such would be mightily wasteful to use Wish on.) The mere attempt to brush the Sealed door, and in fact the 'entire' room, as was his cage, was abrasive. The decent bruise on his forehead was a testament to such excellent effect.
Imladris sighed and wondered how he `could' get out of here. It had been awhile since all the muffled talking had ended. Worse, a number of them had apparently left, which was sin in his mind. Caceroth was `more' than likely enacting some plan of some form by now. Imladris knew his Nemesis too well.
Or so he thought.
He held his head and started thinking what Belldandy said, and then also what Caceroth said last night. Since he was indeed alive, the words and thoughts were there to be examined. “He controls my mind?” ....the knight whispered to himself. It seemed impossible, but then, he `did' feel the tendrils of such `gray' emotion all too readily. How could it be? How could the wraith have gained so easily in control of his mortal mind? What about him made sense anymore!?
By now he was resting his hands in his head, shaking at the thought of having been so easily duped, swayed to a solemn enemy's whims. Maybe they all were right. “Maybe I have become a pestilence here.” ...he said this despite himself, and then realized he `did' say it despite himself. He growls at this, and then hits his own head hard, enough to bring white pain for a short moment to his right hand. He shakes the hand as he then retracts his wincing facade, and then reminds himself. “I will `not' let that fool win. Those that think they have so won, leave themselves very much exposed at the last hour.”
He blinks. Was that a saying Thor had told him? He wasn't sure at all. Still, he finds his own strength again, in his own voice. It helps stave off his growing `gray' emotions again. He closes his eyes and admits. “I am compromised.”
“Took you long enough.”
Imladris raises his head, and has to keep his heart still. He isn't succeeding, and he can't figure why. Did she really hold that much..?
--------------------
-Whirlwind Bike Shoppe-
“Man, I tell you. That rock just came out of nowhere, smashed my headlight out in nothing flat. Thank god I was already in town, and the wind wasn't as bad there. No one else was in the traffic lanes, so I could take it easy getting home.”
Keiichi just smirks as he checks the dented headlight reflector, having already been repaired since yesterday. “There's something new.”
“What?”
“You taking it easy.”
Chihiro just bonks Keiichi on the head. “Ha ha funny man. And here I was nice enough to give you a day off.” Keiichi just rubs his head and inputs bluntly. “I still could have made it here, if you wanted me to.”
Chihiro just waved a hand. “Nah, no need to kill yourself running the shop by yourself. The place wasn't going anywhere, nor those parts here.” ...she puts with a wave around the slightly disheveled shop. Keiichi however cocks a bewildered eye. Chihiro sees this and dryly blurts. “Now what?”
“Nothing... nothing...” ...Keiichi quickly quips, this Chihiro doesn't buy one whit.
Bell meanwhile is off the side, looking over books, while Megumi looks over some part magazines, giving an eye to the three of them every so often.
--------------------
Urd slumped on her shoulder. Mara actually mimicked without intending it. A strange sight for two semi-enemies to be in this spot, a mutual moment of boredom at hand. Urd just sighed. “Well, wouldn't be my first time.”
“Was there a first time?”
Urd just dryly squinted her at this jibe and retorted as they both held their hands to elbows on the side of the building, overlooking the Whirlwind site. Elsewhere, college students and lay people rummaged about, they plain nominal day not seeming any more to them, than Megumi had looked to Urd. Urd just sighed again, and quipped. “It was well before `yours', that is for sure.”
Mara just winced in a frazzle.
--------------------
Imladris just scoots along the floor, and reaches the door. “Is that...” ...and touches the still active Seal, and gets nice `zap' from it. “Ow.”
“Still headstrong it seems.”
Imladris rubs his head, but can't find reason to feel irked at Lind's comment. Somehow his heart won't allow it. He just sits, and looks away from the door, folding arms and legs all the same. “More like head cheese really.”
Lind on the other side, just looked up, the back of her head thunking the wood door beneath the paper mesh. Hard to believe a simple spell could make this flimsy door as hard as diamond, enough to keep back the force of Imladris's blows. He reflected this and couldn't help a bemused smile. She tried to fool herself that she didn't know why. Her tone however betrayed more obvious.... “No, just lost a bit.”
Imladris on his side, tried to find anchor in that, but only could reply back. “Yeah.” ...and then considered. “Strange my third death would...”
“You didn't die.” ...this Imladris heard from Lind, as she made sure this was clear. “But it was close. Without Heaven to repair you more directly, we had to use a great deal of power to heal you with.”
Imladris heard this, and felt at his still tender chest, now less so than before. He then remarked in a more plain tone. “Guess I've been a handful.”
“That is true.”
Imladris just chuckled despite himself. This Lind on the other side felt a bit of comfort from. That ended however when.... “I wish I could remember.” Lind heard, from him. It wasn't meant just for last night either. She clenched her gloved hands, the same despite the change of clothes. Imladris realized his words, and didn't realize what he was really saying. He just groaned out. “Boy I am one confused bloke.”
Lind softened her grip, and nudged her chin into her knees more. “It's not your fault.”
“I can't accept that.”
Lind turned her head a good bit to the door, looking sidelong into the worn woodwork, as Imladris on his side looked at his own hand, as if he were summoning a memory to it. “I really tried. I wanted to remember. All that time after I said those words. I still remember them. After Lady Irtasus helped me remember some of the part of who I was, I went all over the Planes, mostly Faerun and Krynn, but even trying places like Etruus and the Planes of Law themselves.” ...he chuckled at his own memories which he did behold. Lind listened intently, her head leaning into her knees of cheek, as he continued.... “I went to every half way decent seer, of almost every kind of magic and belief. Even risked a darker aspect once, but didn't stick there to be sure. I must have spent several million gold, more than a couple of dragon hoards worth of red and green dragons I've slain, just to pay for spell fees to try and unlock my memories.”
Lind commented with a bit of reservation. “Slain dragons?”
Imladris just quipped, careful with his tone. “Pretty old ones that had had their share of terrorizing many souls, killing just as many. At least most of the hoards I used for mage spells, ended up back in the surviving kingdom's own hands. Most of the mages that tried to help after, used their memory charms, all sorts of magic to try and help.” The knight then looked dead into the floor. “None of their made spells ever worked.”
Lind shuddered a bit. Imladris continued, starting to chide himself... “Maybe.... maybe it was `because' I killed those dragons. Maybe it was because I was just too weak. Maybe a lot of things. All of them maybe a curse on me I deserved.”
Lind suddenly shot her head back at the door! “No, you're wrong!
Imladris looked up some. Lind realized her tone, and looked back away from the door. Imladris felt his own heart palpitate again, having to work just as hard as before to calm it. He clutched at his own plain white T-shirt, and felt like his chest was burning again. A far more fathomless version than from just mere pain. He just however soon felt that kept flooding within him. He remarked further upon this... “Nevertheless, I still have this amnesia. Or whatever it is. I can remember and feel certain things, but others.... other like......” ...a `you' crept into his tongue but was forced down. “....I just.... can't....”
Lind commented in a simple tone, that hid her own reflection on all this, sad mostly... “It was mentioned your mind was compromised. Caceroth somehow got to you. It is possible this may have lasted ever since... you...”
“Second death.”
Lind cocked her head back again at the door. Imladris continued with a contorted gaze at the `cage' floor. “The way he spoke to me, what Caceroth said. Having to note how far back it apparently all started, if this Voluspa is to be believed. It had to have been when we both were killed in the Invasion. That blast... it must have been then... that...” ...he spoke, falling from a growling, angry tone, to a weakened, far more helpless one. He eventually turned mind to another dark consideration. “Have I really been that useless all along?”
Lind suddenly smacked her hand to the floor of the hallway. Enough that is caught not just Imladris, but other ears listening on, off guard. “Is that what you were expecting to be told?”
“Told what?” Imladris blurted back. Lind chorded further. “To think I was supposed to respect you. Now I find you seem to want to be told that you have failed?
“I `HAVE' failed here! I got caught by the ones I was ordered not to come in contact with!"
“You were saved by the ones that realized your peril.”
“That still was a violation of my Commandment! All of that was reckless!”
“And leaving you to die in face of blind duty was preferred!?”
Imladris stopped, his own retort caught in his throat like a thick, dry clog of paper, forced down to keep him from saying more. Lind just continued, by now pulling at her goddess lower dress attire into a rag mess. “How could I let just die on me again.”
“How can you sat that.” ...spoken more from the amnesia mind of incapable understanding. “I say what my heart feels. I don't want to hide it anymore.” Lind put, far more than just of mention to satisfy her goddess License.
Imladris then felt something pique in his heart, his mind, and burn to his tongue in the next. It came out as... “Valkyries don't hold such tone to me. And it is not yours to use. If there is reason to hold anything, it is my blank mind. And `that' is the fault of an enemy I swore to destroy.”
Lind wanted to hear this as the proper mind, but was not trusting enough in the words to hold onto such for truth. “I want to believe that. But where is the voice coming from. Where does it belong?
That just made Imladris doubt himself again. He just turns mind back unto. “If an Epic spell cannot answer that for me, I still cannot then. Blast it all.” Lind heard a heavy hand slam down. “Blast it all.”
Finally Lind did silently agree.
Several sets of nearby various celestial ears, were quite captivated by now.
--------------------
Chihiro looked up from Bell's left, as she saw... “Um... sorry to be rude, but...” ...as Megumi looked up, her eyes gaining gloss again. Chihiro asked warily in tone. “...you going to do more than just look around?”
Megumi just commented, a bit dryly to eve Belldandy's tastes. “I won't be much longer.” ...this Chihiro cocked an eye at. Something felt off, even to the owner here. Keiichi was outside sanding yet another part for the right delicate finish, so didn't notice Megumi's presence all that much. Chihiro just commented. “Well, not too much longer indeed.”
“Don't you have classes soon Megumi dear?” Belldandy asked of honest concern. Megumi seemed to `hic' a gasp, as her eyes fluctuated for a moment. “I.... I......”
--------------------
Urd thought she sensed something, this as she shifted her head. The wind fluttering her white-blonde locks about.
Mara blurted. “Did you feel that?” Urd blinked. “So it wasn't just me.”
--------------------
“Were those dreams real?”
Lind on the other side, felt `her' heart flutter some. Dear hope was laden within, and she spoke to such... “What I remember.” ...this the Valkyrie remarked with, rather softly.
“That ball room scene. I guess we must have had a time of it.”
“That one was not.”
Imladris blinked and looked at the Sealed door bewildered. “What say you?” ...this Lind clutched at her `perfect' cloth, no wrinkle to be found. She drew a small smile just then, still too despite herself. “It.... it was a dream I made up. I never felt such a whim before.”
More than one face wondered in surprise, as this makes the knight feel insecure in a unique way. He thought he felt this one time before, as Lind explained. “I knew you had some memories we shared, but not enough to get through the pain your endured last night. So... I imagined one anew. Just for us, just for...”
Imladris realized. He realized in a way his mind was not supposed to, it's still apparent current state. He felt it, like a light in the tunnel he had been lost in for twenty years. It was happening more and more oft ever since he arrived here. 'Was that why I was......'
Imladris stopped, thinking of such not all ready to such acceptance. Was this the intent of Almighty? But... if so... why was he told `not' to come into contact with these subjects? Nothing made sense about this at all.
He didn't hear Lind after this, but he knew somehow she was still there. “Thank you. And I'm sorry”
Lind felt her own struggling emotions fall into line for a moment again, but then broke back apart. Not unlike a row of blocks of stone, ones that were more and more joining up, when the right words were heard. For her, this was her version of his struggle.
'Are we that much alike?' ...the word `now' held up on her own celestial tongue. She started to say.... “You're....” ...and then heard a heavy thump of feet strike hard within the `cage'. Poor Keiichi's room, barren and all, now it saw to Lind's acute hearing... “Imladris?”
He stood tall and fast. “I... I feel him.”
Lind shot and turned around the same at the door. Velsper, Skuld, and Peorth, `and' Hild, each froze in their vantage points and sizes. The Valkyrie snapped. “What?
“Caceroth. I can feel him.... I can....” Lind starts as she jumps to her feet... “It's your mind. It's still compromised, you must not...”
“No. Not this time! He's going to attack again. Any minute! I know it!!”
Lind considered what to say, but also remembered where three of their number had gone. It was as much too much to believe, and disbelieve in the same split of mind at that moment. However the sudden press of his voice sounded too direct to be controlled. “Where's the target! No.... he doesn't.... not from me.... he... I can feel.... thoughts of.... echoes from another.... sister?” ...Lind gasped sharply, Imladris realized. “The lady... Megumi.... but how did he....”
Lind turned wide eyes as she realized Imladris could read Caceroth's thoughts, of a fashion or otherwise! “We have to act fast!” ....as she uttered... “: The spell lock of five hearts, pressed against the key of doubt. Relieve and release! :” ...this as she slammed her hand to the door, just as she then yells. “SKULD! PEORTH!!”
Imladris on the other side heard and saw the Seal release in a sharp drop of energy. The energy flowing back to each of the goddesses present. Two more sets of code suddenly shoot out from the house, zinging right by Hild, tumbling the chibi-CEO. “Evilness!
Lind threw the door open, as the other goddesses, and Velsper alike appear in the hallway suddenly, she snapped at the plainly clothed knight. “You fall to him, and I'll kill you for certain.”
“Agreed.” Imladris didn't even hesitate with.
In short order, four figures shoot from the residence with few added words. Not even time to change even, as....
--------------------
Belldandy looked up, as Megumi suddenly started to feel unhinged. Chihiro saw this as well. “You okay girl?” ...this as Megumi clutched her head. “No.... no I.... I can't....” Belldandy stood as she heard something in her voice. “Megumi!?”
Just then, Keiichi decided on happenstance to walk back in. “I got that... eh? Megumi?” ...and sees Megumi clutching at her own head. Megumi sees and suddenly... “No.... stay back!
--------------------
Urd heard the first raised tone, and she and Mara looked all but as one, and saw... “Oh hell!” ...as Urd suddenly hops over the side of the tall building. Mara yelps and snaps out... “Not without me you don't!!” ...and hops over the same!
--------------------
As Megumi started to claw control back over her mind, Caceroth realized there was no more point to this charade. As the other three looked on, Chihiro grew aghast with what she started to see. “Wha.... what's coming out of... her...”
Bell and Keiichi saw the ash starting to puff out of her ears, nose and mouth. “M... Megumi?! BELL?!!"
“She's rejecting his control! -GASP- KEIICHI!” ...this as Bell suddenly shoots and grabs Keiichi, as Megumi suddenly regains control! In so doing, a sudden torrent of ash floods from her body, far more than there should have been for just her size of body! Keiichi sees this, as Bell shoots him away from the shop building. “MEGUMI!!
Chihiro was about at her sudden wits end, when, when the ash that flooded out of Megumi, smacked the interior with enough force to knock her and Megumi each into adjacent walls. The force knocking them more out than it actually did any intended harm. Somehow in fact, the possession wasn't strong enough to fully encapsulate the mortal sister to even damage her, other than to give an eventual bad nightmare to come.
As Caceroth formed however, he did have enough power to appear with enough effect outside and above the doorway entrance of the shop, in height to tower with. Bell and Keiichi got up from their position, now well near a dozen meters away, away from the fence-gate entrance. Clouds of dust from their escape swirled with the ash-dust of emotionless avarice. Both seemed to be sucked into the form present of that, Keiichi could see of his tormentor for the second time in the apparent eye!
He growled out. “What did you do to my SISTER!” ...this as Bell held firm in front of him, both looking up.
“- Not enough, of what I shall now do unto you! -” Caceroth snarled.
Bell charged up a heavily bright orb of energy, cupped into her hands in a battle stance. “You won't get near my Dear Keiichi!”
At this, Caceroth started swirling his form, as his burning gray eye prepared to act on the threat. A short move forth however brings with a pair of goddess lightning and demon black energy orb attacks, both that slam through the Wraith format! As the ash form bursts apart from the attacks, Bell and Kei turn and see... “Urd!”
“...and Mara!?” ...Keiichi additionally blurts out, as the goddess-demon pair shoot on in from down the tall building nearby! “Bell! Keiichi, are you both alright?!” Urd says in snap order. Mara ends up to the left of them all, a bit away. “Megumi was...” ...Keiichi started to impart, just as a horrendous sound screeches from the swirling ash. Mara yells! “Shut your traps and LOOK!!” ...as Mara notes for the other's horror, Caceroth reforming with utter malice! As it reforms however, it sports a good fresh wound, glowing yellow and purple near it's `chest', where the ash becomes a swirling cloud.
Caceroth forms a mouth and seethes in poison tone... “- How... `dare' you harm me again!! -” ...as the eyes form within the faceless form. Keiichi just quips on seeing... “How is that thing `mortal'?” ...this Bell comments... “Because it's on this plane. It couldn't come here without a Shell body as a catalyst.” Mara just spits in kind. “Their warped rules defy even Nidhog. Foul even for us to contemplate.”
Keiichi hears as Caceroth `heals' it's wound of apparent, with sifting ash pouring out like glopping mud of a fashion. Keiichi can fully understand how `wrong' this thing is, on every possible level of imagining. He's thankful he's limited to just this much imagining in fact, human or otherwise of a fashion.
Caceroth represents the line mortals go insane in considering of such things.
“- You all are `fools' to think of defying Her Will. -”
Keiichi shivered at the voice, and hated it with each passing syllable. Bell snaps out. “We are not so easily defeated. I sense even now your wounds.” Such Caceroth writhed a seething ripple within the seemingly endless ash. “- Wounds, but not enough to fell `me'. One such example further, I `will' deliver now to your toy abomination! -”
Keiichi blinked as Bell closed that much more next to Keiichi. Urd leapt to the front, with blazing hands of electricity. “Don't bother. You can't get near him. We won't allow it!”

“And we have payback coming as well, wretch!” ...this Keiichi looked over bewildered as Mara struck out, taking equal position of distance that Urd has done. Keiichi for a moment blinks and wonders... 'Is she helping us, or competing with Urd?'
Caceroth finally has enough, and charges up to make his intended deliverance, causing arcs of black-gray lighting suddenly shoot out of his form! This alone making the lot of them dive everywhere, as the bolts hit the ground and building nearby, dissolving everything touched! Keiichi looks where the bolts struck... “It's disintegrating everything!”
Caceroth makes to start his `real' attack, as the goddess-demon trio form around Keiichi. This makes Keiichi look again, as the Wraith yells in a horrendous screech of banshee vein... “- YOUR COMBINED BLOOD WILL FLOW, THE END OF ALL TIMES AS OF NOW!!!!!! -”
In succession, The goddesses and demon don't wait and attack in one unintended unified blast. However Caceroth, even in this `phantom' version, makes good on why he is so feared, and strikes out a full on dark desiccating burst!
Keiichi ducks as the blasts connect. To the celestial's surprise, the attack actually stops and nullifies each other, with ejected bolts spanking and damaging the ground everywhere! Even Whirlwind takes a hard hit, but all of it not enough to actually destroy anything. However Caceroth moves around to make a second attack! Bell this time sees and grabs and pulls Keiichi clear of the next strike, as Urd and Mara attack again themselves. The dark strike gouges the ground, as Caceroth takes two more successive shots. Despite new wounds, it only vents in answer with another attack, one weaker this time, one however just as bad for the health of the landscape!
Urd notes something as she and Mara drop near each other. “Eh? Where's the nasty sword at?”

“Who cares, just paste the dope!” Mara says, as the two just attack themselves as well.
Caceroth takes two more hits, as the screech cracks windows all around. Bell gets off an off kilter blushed Keiichi, after their wild tumble unto top each other, and then summons Holy Bell in quick order! She yells... “URD!!
The Norn Goddess of the Past looks and then summons World of Elegance, remembering last night. “Quick!” ...she yells as Mara just moves clear of the angels she despises, and makes good to prepare her own attack. "Hurry it up!!"
": We the Norn Sisters of two elements of power and controlled rage, summon thee unto the blast of wrath and anger. To the power that is endless to withstand! Such to the Wind and the Fire, that consume with each, to blaze of all Elements glory! :" ...as Bell and Urd shove colossal wind and fire based attacks at the Wraith. These connect with Mara's own... ": Call the Hellfire with black bolts of utter hate! Rare and consume to the depth of my enemy! :" ...as black Firebolts spray like shotgun pellets at Caceroth! Keiichi sees to his awe, how effective all three attacks seem. That is before Bell suddenly yells, when she feels something monolithically wrong! “Urd!”

Mara looks over as Urd screams... “Trap!!”
Keiichi gasps in horror, as suddenly the attacks end up feeding the ashen Wraith, as Caceroth suddenly sports three code absorption ports of glowing burning-gray energy code, the circular rings siphoning the attacks with unforeseen ease. Mara just yells... “How the hell!?
Caceroth just bares their ignorance, and starts outright feeding off the energy, leeching it as fast as if could. The screams of the two goddesses alone through their angels, tells this effect all too dearly. Mara doubles over off her own spell code suddenly being siphoned! "AUGHH! Dammit!!" Keiichi just stands and yells... “STOP IT!!
Caceroth then turns as Keiichi runs to knock Bell out of the way! Mara however reactively somehow shoots out her hand and psy-pushes Keiichi back unto his rear! “No... augh! Don't! That's what it wants!!” Keiichi looks up in a panic... “What?! But...?!"
Just as it suddenly seems hopeless, Bell and Urd both realize and `wench' their combined attacks out of the siphon ports. Like pulling a large rod out of a heavy vacuum, it is hard, but the two manage to start doing it. Caceroth realizes this quickly, and attempts to make another bolt attack as the two focus on pulling themselves free.
Suddenly Keiichi then hears, and Mara turns to see a high pitch whistle singe the air, as Lind suddenly appears and slashes the Wraith dead through from top to bottom! Caceroth balks and is forced to burst form to avoid further damage! Bell, Mara and Urd are broken free as a result, but all three fall down from enforced fatigue. Keiichi this time does make it to Bell's side, as however despite Mara hops over to Urd, old concern somehow managing out. “Dang goddess... girl, can't you beat... one stupid Soulless?”
Urd just stutters out, lack of energy in her voice. “Felt like my soul... was being ripped out through my angel.” ...this Mara looks up and sees small gray spots all over the hybrid angel, wings included. The Demon looks herself over, and sees more gray splotches. Keiichi sees the same on Holy Bell, and clutches Belldandy for once with very real fear. “Belldandy! Bell tell me....”
Said goddess looks over and smiles. “I'll be... fine Keiichi.” ...in a mixed tone of soft and weary.
Keiichi looks up, just as Lind floats to cover, where Skuld and Peorth drop near Bell/Keiichi and Urd/Mara respectively. “Sis!” Skuld yells quickly, as she shoots a look and summons Noble Scarlet. Belldandy stops her however with a gentle hand. “No don't Skuld. He absorbs elemental attacks.”
Just then Lind sees where Caceroth is reforming, but this time moves out of the way, as suddenly the quickly reformed Wraith then looks up! Above, a glowing blue-white energy mass suddenly strikes down, almost hawk like in shape, as Imladris makes good his own assault! Keiichi sees this in time to them cover Bell and Skuld instinctively, the force of the new blast utterly sundering Caceroth all over the place! Lind keeps her position, as all the others brace however they can, from the shockwave!
Keiichi looks up again eventually, as he sees the glowing `blue' guy this time. He quips. “Is this the right manga at all anymore?!” As Bell and Urd recover enough to see clearly again, as the dust disperses. Peorth near Urd and Mara comments... “Trop facile.”
“Not even.” Imladris says nearby enough, his plain clothes form turning to the mutual right as Caceroth forms once again. Lind quips... “Persistent Wraith.”
“For a clone projection.”
One mutual `huh' reverberates from most of the onlooking, save Lind and Bell, as the Wraith imparts. “- Only through our mutual link do you realize. -”
Imladris growls back. “Nice to know your Achilles heel.”
“- You `still' will make an excellent shell, as they `all' here rest, will make perfect code to bring this repugnance of Existence to an utter End!! -” ...this the ash form seems to fluster apart some in emotional rage. An illogical act, to the illogical being.
Imladris just holds stance for a moment, looks within, and feels something reaching again. This time however.... “That same old tune will NOT do this time!” ...this as Imladris shoots a force blast of glowing blue energy blades, the energy base matrix for the sliver angel blades his armor projects. Caceroth dissolves again to prevent damage, as Imladris chases words after... “Nor will you find the same trick functioning here!
At that, Imladris turns and fires a second blast further to the upper right, as Caceroth attempts reformation, and foiled a second time. The third succeeds as the Wraith realizes his use of power is exceeded now. Imladris holds ground, as Lind drops to his left, her Axe held at ready. The others watch as Caceroth realizes this stalemate goes against him. This `clone' body hardly enough to finish the job properly. As such He seethes out. “- Know this fools. History is written, Her Will knows how I will end this pointless affair. The next meeting, `is' the last. And the abomination WILL die! Her Will is the ALL and ETERNITY! -”
Keiichi wilts at the finger, struck of ashen metal and hate, at him. Imladris however imparts. “As if that will help you. YOU are the one that will finally fall, and that in which I speak of Titled Truth!”
Caceroth balks at this, not only by voice, but by the link he forced into the knight, that now reverberates `back' at the Wraith. As a result, the Wraith charges enraged and Imladris complies as both, to the shock of all onlooking, as Lind reaches out with reflexive hand. "Wait!!" Needless, as Imladris explodes rings of blue-white energy around him, to nay effect. Caceroth suddenly collapses his ashen form, and with it his controlling signature!
Imladris drops out of this, from about five meters in the air, and lands, twisting around to see the Nemesis retreated. He burns with anger at this, and roars out... “- COWARD!!!!!!!!!! -
Lind watches with unexpected awe taking over for a split moment, as Peorth suddenly comments... “Are you all alright?” ...to a still weakened Urd. “Yeah. That attack he did to absorb our angel attacks, was unexpected.”
“That thing is getting on my nerves.”
Peorth looks up and finally realizes, blinking... “VOUS!?” ...this Mara just growls back in kind.
However just then, Imladris speaks from afar. “It was no attack.” ...this the others look up at, as Imladris explains from the feelings his link has garnered. “It was a form of code absorption that uses your angels as a source. Direct attacks bring up a preprogrammed response to absorb through special ports. Such is one way he gains energy, towards where ever his real format resides currently. If only he could be cut off from his wretched powers.”
Lind gets worried and warns. “Don't delve too deep into his mind. You may fall into his trap again.”
No. I can't fear that which we can use.” Imladris snaps back. He adds with continued seething untoward the Wraith in mention. “Anything that is a tool, `must' be used.”
“Agreed.” ...this suddenly as heads turn to Keiichi. Bell looks with growing strength, as Keiichi imparts. “Now even `I' have a gripe with that thing. Enough is enough. I'm tired of all of this. I think we `do' need to end it, however it can be done. Before anyone else gets harmed or killed. Before...” This he looks down at, as Bell reaches over and clasps Keiichi's face with her right hand. “Oh Keiichi.” ...this Imladris sees with a small stutter of mixed remorse and relief for. Exactly why he does not know, until he glances at Lind, the goddess attire burned into his melon.
Then Bell imparts to many a surprised ear... “Yes... lets end this. Tired I most am of this, as well.” ...with enough edge in her voice that actually makes Keiichi nod a confident smile. Peorth meanwhile looks around and notes... “Well at least that spell to keep mundanes away is still up.” ...this as all of the commotion hadn't brought one onlooker around. Mara cocks an eye and looks down. “When did you find time for that?
Urd just is helped up by the goddess and demon, as Skuld allows Keiichi to do the same for Bell. Urd imparts... “You always were slower than Bell and I.” ...this Peorth laughs at Mara's expense.
At this, the bunch agree to retreat, and after Peorth and Skuld help `clear' Megumi's mind, she and Chihiro are brought by each in turn to their abodes, to sleep the rest of the day off, and forget. (At least for now.) After, all noted gather back in short order at the nexus, the Temple.
--------------------
As they all do arrive, Skuld notes something odd below, near a telephone pole just outside the Temple proper. As she angles down without warning, Lind notes whole the others, all fully energy laden again, enter the grounds. “Skuld. Where are you going?”
The youngest little goddess lands, and notes. “What is this?”
Lind stops her chide, and lands near Skuld, as the Future goddess finds a small twig, and fiddles with a small `blob' of a wet looking mass. “Looks like ash.” Lind immediately notes. Skuld reacts by dropping the twig. However Lind notes on examination. “It looks odd though. Not even energy capable.”
Skuld blinks, then looks up at the pole. “Uh... hey. Wasn't this the place last night, that we pasted that hoser?”
Lind nods. “Let's get a sample of this back inside.” ...this Lind has Skuld head in to get a sample tubule, and gathers enough samples from several `blobs' that litter the area. Such done with both haste of situation, and haste of discomfort.
--------------------
“Huh? HEY!? What are you two doing!?” Imladris yells, as Peorth and Urd grab him from behind, as Keiichi and Bell note the two pushing the mortal knight rather brusquely. The knight yells out as he's held by both sides of his shirt, rather iron gripped at that. As the knight struggles, he notes `just' how strong the goddesses really are. Simplicity in an enhanced being, to be noted.
“Now now, good prisoner.”
“Toujours un captif, tu être.”
At this, the knight bewilderedly reacts as he is then turned and literally boot kicked into his `cell', as Keiichi moans. “My poor room.” ...a good thud within, with old early twentieth century cursing heard coming back out. The two goddesses then smack the door shut and return the Seal. “: That which still resides in mistrust, be locked under Seal until further note, Verrou. :” At that, the old `jail' returns. Peorth then remarks to Urd. “A bit of flower to your élocution?”
Urd just quips. “Everyone of Heaven knows how to speak `that' language.” ...this Peorth just shrugs. “Peu importe.” ...the two then note as Skuld and Lind return with a container of some kind, as Lind heads over and nods. “I'll take over.”
“Have fun.” Peorth puts in kind with a wink. Such that Lind fails to hide a smile.
Inside, Imladris just sighs and sits on his hip and leans on his right arm. Dejected and hardly amused, he spats out... “Well that's a well non fine, and a howdy doo for ya.”
Meanwhile Keiichi looks around. “Where'd Mara go? Actually wanted to thank her.” ...this Bell and Skuld hear to their amusement, as the latter sits down. Bell imparts. “Much to her fortunes then, she is still however around.”
Keiichi just looked confused, as Skuld commented, handling the container on the table. “Mara being thanked by a mortal openly is like cursing another mortal in kind.” ...this as Urd floats on over head, after putting away her 'medicine'. “Remind me to use that next time.”
Peorth meanwhile goes to `freshen up', while Lind sits, and hears Imladris cursing up a 1910's type storm of words, this as she smiles and feels soothed by such a sound.
(Keiichi: "Why does that cursing make me feel old as heck?" Bell/Skuld: -laughing- )
--------------------
Mara sighs as she fazes back into the roof, her weary chibi form just as fatigued as the full version. As she arrives however, she hears to her surprise, light clapping behind her. She turns around to see... “Mistress?”
“Bravo. A fine demonstration of bravery and teamwork, and even survival.”
Mara cocks an eye. “You saw?”
“Your eyes are my own, dear minion.” ...this Hild imparts cheerful sounding to a then happily head rubbing Mara. “Well, it wasn't like running away from that thing was going to help if they got killed. That Doublet thing, and helping an old friend and daughter.”
Hild then just replies in a darker tone. “Also now too, we are `involved' fully.” Mara just blinks, shivering a bit. “But... but I thought.”
Hild just sighs and holds her head. “You stopped thinking for yourself properly after that `Queen' bit you pulled on that Sayoko mortal, as far as we are concerned. Hence why `We' have been here all along.” ...this Mara frazzles a bit unto, but says nothing to garner a rather poor reaction. However Hild does vocalize, knowing better anyway by far. “Still, it is close to time. Even We grow weary now. It would be better before the Wraith considers `our' clone form for a puppet. Underestimating him to even that end would be most unwise.”
Mara asks then. “So then, when do we move?”
Hild looks down at the now praying knight, her tiny rat hole and vision better beyond, showing her words of intent. “No. First we let the friends have their last tiff. Not all the pieces are on the same playing board just yet.”
Mara just grows confused. Hild leaves it that way.
--------------------
Keiichi had his weary head well pressed upon the table, everyone was crowded around. Lind the only one out of sight. Amusement of such was lessened as a bit of tired boredom set in. Already it was a long day, now running to around five o'clock local, Chiba Prefecture wise. Kei half-moaned out.. “Anyone else beat?”
A few murmurs of agreement, as Bell pats Kei's weary head. They all were in fact a good bit weary, taking this moment of rest while they all can. Skuld however is focused on the strange material she obtained, as Peorth looks over her shoulder, the same scanning device reworked to display data in other forms similar to its original intent. Peorth's help had pushed all of this along prior to the last skirmish. Other than hearing Skuld and Peorth chat to each other, and the TV turned low in sound by a mindful Urd, it seemed more quiet, than peace of non-apparent. As he took a quick kitten nap, he thought he felt a slight shake reverberating through the house and into the table. 'Hmm, slight tremor I guess.' ...said tired mortal thought.
Lind meanwhile didn't hear anymore of her charge, it almost seemed Imladris was asleep as well. She knew the mind well in fact. Such a long time to get to know that which was essentially all but closed off to all the goddesses in Heaven, and such further no answers even Almighty would give. Such a cherished mystery to her, it all had become. Even reading a mind didn't truly give all answers, deeper than what the conscious mind was itself aware of. She was long since past reflecting, and now just delving.
Eww.”
Keiichi raised his head and sported a good `press' of mushed pink left cheek, as the lot of them looked at Skuld's rather disgusted face. “What is it Skuld dear?” Bell commented, suspecting an answer was at hand. The form it took was however unexpected to say the least. “It's blood.”
That struck the boredom dead in it said tracks, such as even Lind scooted into the room after a short hop. Peorth nodded. “Apparently it is. Terrifiant en effet.” ...she puts in her own dismissive countenance. Urd commented down, her own downward angle of view of the data displayed. “Wait. But it says it's ash.”
Skuld just continues. “Apparently it's the remains of some of the... well... damage we did when we attacked that thing last night.”
“All of us attacking at once.” Lind put. Skuld nods. “Aye. Apparently, the attack caused some of the `bio-matter', that made up part of the Wraith's form, to solidify with some of the actual blood that was still within the mortal shell he was controlling.”
Keiichi just cocked a bewildered eye again. “How does that thing have any blood? That makes no sense!” Skuld just shrugs in simult with Peorth. “Apparently it's got to do with his anchor to this mortal plane. That 'shell' of his.”
“And we wounded it then.” Belldandy put, a good bit uncertain about how she should feel about such. Keiichi just looked over and put a hand on hers, as Skuld continued, itching her own chin. “Apparently, though before when we tried, when we attacked him...”
“He was indeed focused on something else at the time.” Lind imparted, remembering how close it all had come. Urd amended. “...and that is why we caught him by surprise.”
“He must be using his ash medium to avoid damage. But he must have to focus using it, to remain unharmed.” Peorth adds to Urd's further assessment. “So there are ways to harm him.”
“If we can focus him away from using them. We're really need to get him to use that focus, to keep defending himself like he does. That or direct another kind of focus onto him. Not sure what that could be however.” Skuld sighs out. Lind thinks of one, then drops that idea. Too much chance of someone lost already in the past four days, to truly fall forever unto. Peorth then brings up again. “What about using that Pare-feu you mentioned?”
Skuld blinks. “I thought you said the firewall idea was a no go?”
Belldandy piques up. “Firewall?” Keiichi leans in a bit too, as Skuld accounts... “We thought possibly, if we blocked his powers somehow, leaving him vulnerable to our attacks, then maybe we could get at him better.”
“Cutting the leash to this realm.” Keiichi puts, Belldandy nods. “If we just knew where to look.” ...Peorth sighed. “Aye, the problem is just that. We don't know what code to look for.”
Skuld imparts. “The code we have here, from the remains, might be a way to locate where the Soulless System is. If we just had time for Heaven to do such a Search Program.” Urd sighs at this quickly, flicking her long hair about in noted disgust. “I doubt we'd have enough time before another attack.”
Keiichi considers, wishes he hadn't, considers the reaction Urd would have, and then to his hazard anyway. “What about Hild?” And as expected, winces under the gaze he gets. Urd just nearly smacks a bolt at him, as he expected further anyway. Belldandy however imparts, just to get the thought into the open air. “There may be merit to such, if we had open help that is. As it stands given prior history, it would come as unlikely.” Keiichi sighs. “Yeah... sorry.”
“No prob.” Urd imparts. “A good, if problematic idea. But even Nidhog may not have located the Soulless System. Elusive it always has been to even both mainframes, We don't even know it's full, true name. We're not even sure it really `is' a System.”
“Like a ghost that lives by its rumors alone.” Lind puts. Keiichi notes and comments... “So it's never been found ever?”
“Not in this era at least.” Urd replies. Peorth just shrugs. “To be admonishing of ourselves, we are usually using most resources to maintain the lower Planes and keep an eye on Nidhog."
“If there's no reason to look for it, you have don't look.” Keiichi completes. Might as well been a big fat goddess `doh' amongst all, but Bell at that moment. The Demons also hearing in pretty much could have said the same.
Save one of the three.
The conversation seems to stem there, until Bell imparts. “We `could' attempt a short term Seal, using the code we do have on the Wraith. One just long enough to... to...” ...she trails off, indeed the problem of harming another life form, in the manner being considered, much more than what mere `war' between the two Systems had garnered. Urd nods. “If we had something to just block him in some way, yes. A short term Seal before he could adjust, could give us the chance we need.”
“It'd take all of us here to do it. Even so...” Skuld puts, not certain what could be done.
“Um... how much time would be needed to keep him disrupted to finally.... well....” ...Keiichi asked, the idea of what had to be done just as distasteful to him, as it was to Belldandy. Peorth, Urd and Lind however could only look at each other. Keiichi got the clue just from this much, and then probably asked the next obvious thing.
“What about him? Gold dude.” This Lind shook her body at on unforeseen reflex. More looks at each other, and then Keiichi sighs. “Guess not.”
“We would need to be certain of where is trust lies.” Belldandy put. Lind nodded. “With his current mind, compromised and all, this is such the uncertainty.” Peorth shakes her head. “To think he would turn out this way. A time where we `couldn't' trust him. How did everything come to this? Mon Dieu.”
“It's time we changed that.”
Bell got the combined look this time. Lind however looked with a more solid gaze than the others. Keiichi just listened as the goddess of the Present whispered, flickering her eyes in general directions, gathering her words. “We make him trust us once more.”
“Even despite his duty.”
Eyes flicker between Bell and Lind, as Keiichi rubs his head. “Good luck getting past that military demeanor. More like a officer than a gentleman there.”
“And so we shalt treat him.”
Lind garners looks from everyone again, as she smiles and offers in suggestion. “Maybe the only way we get through to him, is in a martial manner. Ironclad speak and all.”
Keiichi blinks... “Um...”
“We do function as his Commanders here, in a form.” Belldandy offers, just as Peorth and Urd blink in recognition. “So we can essentially order him to obey us, no matter what.” Skuld just quips off Urd.... “What?”
“Since he worded his Wish as he did, he `serves' Heaven. That makes us by word, every goddess able to command him in word if pressed.” ...this Lind explains. “If we then take this to a level he cannot ignore, we may be able to reach him.”
Keiichi snickers a bit. “Sorry but that sounds kinda pushing it.” ...before Bell comments in level enough tone. “It sounds perfect. We just usually never demand such from him. Aside from Thor and the Generals, we've had little reason to do so. This may be the only case we cannot take him so lightly in. Therefore the times...”
“....meet the demand.” Peorth finishes. Belldandy nods in confidence. She then look at their present Valkyrie. “Lind, do you understand then how we get him to answer fully to us?”
Bell is replied back with, as Lind gazes strongly. “He is under Valkyrie command, by the Generals that raised him, after he left our immediate care. He knows how orders sound and are run. If we ignore the fact, what we do, will essentially violate whatever he believes were orders from the Almighty himself, then we can `make' him answer to us. If we do that, he will listen.”
“And we can convince him. Dang.” Keiichi puts.
Belldandy then imparts, having to steel herself in a most unused to manner. “Then we can't balk when he reacts as he most likely will. This is possibly the only way to truly get to him, whatever mind he really has.”
Skuld just dryly imparts. “Do we really need him? Sounds like a lot more work than is probably worth it all.” Urd however replies quickly before Lind can in an intended harder tone... “He `was' sent to battle Caceroth. If we can get his trust, he's the one that can battle the Wraith and give us time for the Seal to possibly work. Or whatever we exactly come up with here.”
Lind however imparts. “He has a special device on him that may do more.” ...this really gets even Skuld's attention. Lind accents further. “I saw it when I went through his belongings. I suspect it's encoded to his genetic signature, though we could hack it with time.”
Urd sighs... “Again our problem.”
Keiichi blinks, just as he feels another small shudder at the table. He ignores it as he imparts. “So if we convince him, maybe he has more information we can obtain to use. Okay, so we use him, as much to yell at, and to gain trust if best of possible routes. And I hate yelling, so I'd prefer to get his trust.”

“I know.”
Bell hears this last from Lind, and then nods. “Is he asleep?” ...wondering. Lind looks back and shrugs. “Maybe, I can confirm prompt.” ...she so does in getting up, hopping over with her jumpsuit fluttering it's coattails behind her. Belldandy then looks around. “Now, remember. We have to be strict as Thor even to succeed.” Skuld however gulps. “That's a stretch for us.” Peorth however nods. “Bien compris.” Just as Lind comes back. “He's out cold.” ...as she sports a quirky smirk. This makes Urd squint her eyes, as then Bell notes. “Very well. This is how, and what we'll do.”
--------------------
Hild had Mara find some popcorn, as Velsper took up position to be behind Belldandy. This was one show the CEO didn't want to miss. She sat waiting, as the furniture was set up just right, the lighting even adjusted, and things made rather sterile looking.
“Have fun with all the yelling.” ...Hild just whispered, having a good pair of earmuffs around her neck. Too bad for Mara, just as the minion returns with the puffed badness. (Too much salt.)
Being able to look through walls at will, gets purty useful.
--------------------
Another slight shudder, as a knight dreams fitfully, more like his old memories of Toril and other worlds overseen by his incomplete mind. It also felt more forced, hardly restful, and hardly refreshing when his eyes open at the sound of some hard rap.
He blinks more than a few times, rubbing his eyes clear of sleepy sleeps, and then blinking enough to clearly see... “Eh? ...the door is open?" As he realizes this, he shifts enough to one knee at a ready position. However this ends up all being loud enough to alert those waiting for just this, to then have one of them call out. “We're waiting Maître Chevalier!” ...which freezes the knight in place.
Was that Peorth? The silence after, felt cold and waiting to him. He considered a split moment to just escape, but then he realized this would be dishonorable. He felt it was time for `him' to lay some intentions to these beings. Or so he thought, rising to straighten, and then walk simply to where the sound came from.
He however blinked, as in surprise at rounding the open slide door frame, he notes the youngest goddess sitting just to the other side of the paper slide door on his entering right. And then to more surprised eye, the lot of them arrayed behind two ad-hoc arranged tables. To his detail, the goddess of the Present, with the target Morisato just to her own right, the goddess of the Past, sat to Keiichi's own right. The other side of the Present goddess, the Hub Administrator of the roses, and then aside her, the Valkyrie Commander of the Magical Artifices sector.
This left the Goddess of Future apparently holding spot to `guard' the door, so it seemed. Behind them, to the left hand side of the room facing Imladris, a rather rounded, bulby looking robot, and the other side in the opposite corner, a short female that Imladris swore, had camera lenses for eyes.
Noting all this in quick detail, it seemed suddenly to obvious how military a setting this all was, to the knight. All of them present were in full goddess attire, save for the target in a simple sport coat and golf shirt of apparent. The accouterments upon the table were bare, save for a couple of devices near where Peorth sat.
Noting this, he grew bewildered.
“Enter at ATTENTION Knight!” Lind suddenly barked, to the conditioned reflex on the said mortal knight's part! At which point after... 'Okay, what the...?' ...thought in an embarrassed mannerism. Keiichi saw this, as did Skuld, both garnering bewildered faces each. The other goddesses however didn't flinch any whatsoever.
Belldandy at the head, then suddenly ordered... “Knight Lord, state your Title.”
“Um...”
Lind barked again... “Answer!
Imladris stiffened a bit too much. On automatic response. “Cherubim of the Sword of Light, Templar of Intracel. By Title and Power of the Almighty granted.” ...this Keiichi cocked a `wow' look on his face. Lind hid a good smile. 'No wonder.' ...she thought. Imladris meanwhile just raced with his mind for what the heck was exactly happening. Bell then `demanded', in her own unique tone of way. Soft of velvet with more than enough iron in her tone. “State your purpose of your mission here.”
Imladris 'urked' for a good second. Was it all `that' blunt to what this was about. Lind looked ready to just bark again, just as Imladris puts out military proper like... “Apologies, permission to question this line of..."
“You serve Heaven correct?” Peorth suddenly demanded, Imladris nodded once. “Aye?” ...and regretted the `trap' he knew was springing. “Then you `must' answer your superiors when called upon. As such, do we not all here of Heaven present such a chain?”
Imladris groaned out. “Aye.”
“Then answer your commander on-scene.” Peorth added. Imladris suddenly felt a good well of panic rising in his chest. He tried to steer the course.... “But my orders are...”
“They are superseded by the situation Lord Knight.” Urd suddenly put in. Imladris however tried to pry a wedge in this logic. “But concerning the danger to the target at hand, I must refrain from..."
“Mister Keiichi has full right of privilege due to his own Wish, and as senior head of this house.” Belldandy suddenly answered, this as Keiichi blushes a bit. Bell adds further. “The Morisato residence is his, we reside as present choice, but you of our auspice. Now answer my question, as per directive Urd explained."
Imladris felt his brain go fuzzy in a unique way this time. He knew double talk when he heard it, but by legal course, this was `danged' good double talk. Imladris however considered a different alternative. “I request first, to contact The Almighty for....”
“The situation does not have time for that.” Lind stabbed `that' down hard and fast with. Imladris just shot his head over. “What!?
Keiichi suddenly got a bit riled at this and struck out. “You still haven't answered Belldandy.”
“Aye I haven't.” ...Imladris shot back, and got `every' glare in the room at him! Even Velsper behind Belldandy even looked up. Imladris however tried to brave this, knowing this was all in direct violation of his orders. Lind then spoke up... “If you would rather remain incarcerated, until you see fit to acquiesce, we can comply.” ...this the knight gulped but tried to remain firm. He remarked back in a pleading tone... “But.... but my orders...”
Please.” ...suddenly in a change in tone, this as Belldandy clenches her hands beneath the table. The others with their hands unseen were actually doing similar, knowing what is at stake. The Present `commander' asks in a more characteristic tone, one that is too deep to ignore to the knight. “Please we beseech your answers. And your help. We would prefer it all be voluntary. We however do not have time for otherwise.”
“Bell's right.” Keiichi puts out more in his own open tone. Imladris exchanges glances with them both, and then sees a more pleading look from the others. He closes his eyes and realizes how much all of this is show, and that they are simply trying to get through to him. It all comes down to a struggle between the lone heart and the dutiful mind. Such that Bell asks again. “Please, tell us your purpose here.”
Imladris stutters... “But...... I......” ....this as he tightens both hands of grip. Urd then prods... “Caceroth could attack again at any time. We `need' to know.”
“Aye, Maître Chevalier.” Peorth puts in needlessly. Lind reacts by shaking her head at Peorth, unseen by Imladris's closed eyes. It all is chiseling the cracks that much wider. His heart of gray wall being broken through just ever bit more. He does note how his sense of duty seems more of a block of logic, lacking sense of its own. Something never felt right ever since he went through Gate, like his heart wasn't hearing past the mind's compromised state. Still, he did know his orders from Almighty were supposed to be absolute. But then by now, he didn't know `what' to feel. He even just wanted to lose the baggage of it all anyway.
He tightens his grip to the point actual gold sparks coarse though his bare hands. Keiichi gulps at seeing this, as Imladris then hears... “Lord Knight, please.” ...as Lind finally gets through with `just' the right tone of stiff order and inflected worry. The dam of his soul finally breaches.
“My orders were to protect the target.... Morisato, Keiichi, and the goddesses accompanying... from.... from...”
“Aye?” Bell imparts. Imladris just sighs deflated... “My orders were to protect you all, and prevent your involvement in this affair, to the best of my ability. It is my assigned task to combat and defeat the Champion of Voluspa, and prevent your hand of conducting the Sin I am burdened with. My task further is nothing less than the Defeat of Voluspa herself, in so doing.
I am the one that is meant to kill Caceroth. The mortal shell that anchors him here, is still a Sin to commit by the code of the System, for a goddess to kill a mortal in any circumstance. As such, I of already blood Sin in hand, am the one to alleviate you of this responsibility. In this, I am prepared to sacrifice again for that Sin.”
Lind had to fight hard to not gasp at this, as Bell herself had a hard time accepting what was already essentially known by all anyway. The clues and the information relevant, told enough. Hearing it from the knight's own words, is still a gut check. Even Keiichi has to control his own emotions. Velsper just looks away from great discomfort. Two others (demon) looking on just react neutrally, though interested.
Suddenly in unbidden admission. “And now I have failed my duty, and to the System.”
“Milord...” Peorth started, as Imladris let it all go. “I've been played for a fool from the moment I got here.... no.... even that day twenty years ago. I lost my memories, and lost everything, and now I stand to lose my soul and mortal shell to Caceroth.” ....he opened his eyes and felt his emotions bleed dry... “I am useless here.”
NO!” Lind suddenly struck out in plea, and extended hand. Imladris saw this, and the looks on their combined faces now, he really didn't know how to quantify. They all looked so contorted, he finally simply looked away. It had been such he'd seen before, on many faces that concerned to the knight's well being. On many a World Plane. Imladris however despite put out. “That was my mission here. And now you are too involved. I have failed.” ...he then looks around. “I must inform Almighty of my Violation of...”
The next thing he felt, was a swiftly struck scratch off his turned cheek, off to his left. He then saw a rose, as it then struck the door frame nearby. Imladris felt his cheek scratched, and turned to the stinging origin. He then saw Peorth with another red rose `dart' in the hand, at the ready.
Bêtise.” ...the rose goddess chided most intently.
“But.... my duty informs...” Imladris falls back into the bane of duty's weight. Lind however just groans out in a dry tone. “Do you `really' have to be that blind to duty? Almighty never is `that' blind, and neither should you be.”
Imladris blinks as Urd imparts. “If anything, we that made you spill your guts would be more to be punished.” ...this as Keiichi gulps, picturing the sight of a big fat lightning bolt frying him to crispy bits. Actually Skuld had the same vision for a moment. Imladris however sighs... “Maybe not Eminence Lordship, but Master Thor certainly would.”
A grimace comes to Lind facade, as she quips. “Possibly. Likely. However I garner the circumstances determine whether there is need for such here.”
Imladris sighs and rubs his cheek, a touch of blood smudging off. He then professes too easily... “Still, as was mentioned beforehand. I am compromised. Caceroth has me targeted as much as all of you here. If he gains my shell, then....” ...he stops, not wanting to imagine the horror that could bring.
“You mean you're that weak?
Imladris threw his head over in a glare at Keiichi's voice, Belldandy blinking over at her love. Imladris struck back of chord. “No.... I....” ...then his wavering... “....I just don't want...”
Do you want him to win?” Keiichi commented hard again. The others gazing at how confident a tone he was taking. Imladris shook his head and stone worked his voice... “Heaven no.”
“Then you're not that weak.” ...off a resident mortals tongue.
“Eh?” ...the non-resident mortal commented.
“If you don't let him win, then he `can't'.”
“And I refuse to allow Caceroth the luxury.”
Keiichi got the kind of response he was looking for. The others looked up as now the confidence got infectious. Imladris closed his eyes. “But my purpose here was to protect, not partake..”
“Kinda late for that. We're stuck together in this one.” Urd imparted with a sigh. “He attacked before you got to us, so we kinda passed that bridge, a way bit ago.” ...this Imladris sighed and shook his head. “So much for damage control. Blimey.”
Belldandy remarked to this. “We've been fighting the same fight, but you have fought more than anyone here the same battle on more than one level. This for so long, and such done alone for too much of it.”
Imladris heard this and dropped his head. “And so doing borne my foolishness. He outwitted me at each turn, almost caused me Third Death, and I never even could keep you all out of this. I may not wish him to win, but I myself cannot forgive my own Sin the same. Confidence still cannot ally my failures. You should never have been assaulted. If I could have managed to properly stop him, I could have finally ended the Sin of my Wish all the same and justified my unnatural lifespan to the end of us both.
It would have just ended everything. Stopped the bleeding of memories I cannot gain back. I....”
Everyone was suddenly surprised, no less Imladris himself, when Bell rises and floats over to actually embrace the sodden knight! “Mi... M... Migoddess...?” ...Imladris stutters out, as he's verily embraced by the thankful goddess. Keiichi and Lind each have to control their own respective, bewildered jealousy for a quirky moment, as Bell imparts with all watching. “If not for your presence, we would not have survived to this point. You have not failed at all. We all however simply haven't succeeded. We would `not' have reached this point without you.”
Bell's words flooded him with refreshed emotion, something he realized he had been lacking for a long time now. He then notes the looks on Keiichi's face, and then snickers within the embrace. He then puts his arms in, and pulls Bell's arms away gently, stepping back.
Belldandy blinks to heard in kind in return. “Nay. This concern should not be for myself. I know of the history of this place well enough, by note of device. It tis not `I' that requires this concern. I am still nonetheless in the end, a shield to prevent your harm. This especially unto Lord Morisato's auspice in this.” ...this Imladris ensures he's fully barren of the former moment, and to Belldandy's eye. “I still will conduct my own end if required upon, to end the Threat of Caceroth. I have prepared myself for that since arrival here. Compromised mind or nor.”
Belldandy sighs as Keiichi rises. Skuld the one silent though much of this, just quips. “Wouldn't living to beat that dope be better off?” ...this Imladris looks down, as the others start rising. Lind reactively comments in the same vein. “Victory means more when you live to see your enemy's defeat, not going down with them. I for one wouldn't mind that.”
Imladris felt his face flush a bit, then a bit of a cough and he looks away, just to sight of Keiichi, whom then asks. “Mind then giving us a hand in stopping that creep for good?”
Imladris looks with blank face for a moment at him, as Keiichi takes Bell's hand. Bell looks over, as knight hears from the far younger mortal... “If you are here to fight him, we can help. We have ideas and abilities you don't.”
“Keiichi.”
Peorth remarks. “Le plus sûrement. What we only could do separately, can we not do more effectively as a single force?” Of this Urd aside Keiichi then comments in... “Yup. We can kick his ashy butt together. No problem.”
Skuld just moans. “You just want to have a reason to blow things up.” ... “What of it squirt?! I like my bolts of awesomeness.” Urd blurts back, Peorth just tones in kind. “Pppth, as grandiose as static cling, they are.” ...Urd just frazzles her hair and her hands at this. “What'd you say?”
Skuld just gets in the smack words in kind with... “What we meant!” ...this just before the sound of chuckling suddenly pings the air. They all look as Imladris betrays a sudden impugned emotion of the obvious.
“That's a good sound.” Lind remarks. This as Imladris laughs low tone for a free spirited moment, and then comments... “Either.... either all those dragon breath attacks are getting to me finally, of I feel enough of soul to acquiesce after all.” ...as the laugh trails off. Keiichi then remarks. “Sounds like we have a friend then.”
Imladris suddenly blinks blankly, considers anime like, and then sighs with a smirk. “Very well. I am bent to that will.”
Keiichi cocks an eye. “Was that a `yes'?” ...this Bell smiles confidently. “More than.” ...this however Imladris amends. "And I'm likely to be rained upon by the Call of Thunder for this." ...this Lind alone gulps at, in full well meaning.
At that, a small moment of victory passes, as then another shudder strikes the residence. Keiichi looks down as... “A lot of tremors today.” ...this as Imladris looks suddenly towards the doorway. Lind sees and asks... “What is it?” ...this as the knight raises a hand. The others look, as Imladris senses, and then cocks s number of contorted looks, looking from the door, then around the floor with some focus. He then imparts in a worried tone. “Something is `not' right.”
At this the knight suddenly walks out to the open air, the others in close pursuit, worried he may run again. The knight however stops just outside the doorway, as even Velsper rushes by included at first, to possibly impede his progress. The knight however looks around, sniffing the air, focusing on how everything feels. Peorth among those wondering.... “Chevalier?
The knight then `hears' something in his mind, an echo of a wraith like voice. He bends down, and then places the hand on the earthen ground, a glowing code circle forming beneath his hand. He then for a moment tries to garner something to work on. “Feels... like unstable... the air feels thick...”
Belldandy starts wondering, as Keiichi waits as patiently as he can bear. Imladris whispers further... “...clouds ...everywhere ....choking. ...smothering... heat of undeath everywhere.”
Lind starts worrying. “Imladris, you're risking...” ...this as the knight raises a hand again. “No wait... I can hear... the ground feels ashen, moving. He sees time before it comes, a mind of clouds cloaking dying screams.”
As if this isn't enough to worry the lot of them, even two chibi others now on top of the residence roof, looking, Imladris then begins accounting.... “The earth moves as it should not. The funnel of earth's creation, it's being nudged more and more. Heated womb.... it wells up. The ash it comes from is being twisted, perverted from natural course. His mind feels a future that should not be.”
And then finally the weird tone starts to change to more of.... “- ....a future where I end this abominable existence with... with... -” ....this Lind suddenly drops down and shakes at him. “WAKE UP, YOU ARE GETTING PULLED IN!
Imladris thankfully is indeed pulled mentally free in time as he falls to his hind, everyone backing off as Imladris holds his own head. He then stutters out.... “I can see... him moving the ground of this place with... each pull of his power. He's trying to...” ....he blinks and then shoots his head up and looks around at the sky at first. “Where...” ...and then jumps up to look to due south west. Lind and Urd quickly do the same to keep in contact with him, but then see what he does. “Oh dear Almighty!” ...Urd yells.
What!?” Keiichi yells. Imladris just yells back. “Is Mount Fuji supposed to be active?!"
Keiichi again BLINKS... “WHAT!?!?”
Afar, even to the shocked eye of Hild no less, the barely seen cone of snow white atop the famous volcano, sports just ever enough of a gray plume rising from within. Whether the nominal state of the volcano, the sight of it this time is beyond uneasy to all senses. Even from 'this' far away. Peorth just yelps... “Mon Dieu! ....is he trying.”
“Aye.” Imladris just growls. “He `is'.”
--------------------
Hild finally makes her mind up. "Time to steal the show." This as even Mara looks at the volcano with unease.
--------------------
Quickly enough back inside, Skuld is furiously working her device, and indeed... “Holy cow! I'm getting spread out readings all `over' this area. The max scan of twenty kilometers alone shows his signature just all over the friggen place!”
Keiichi, with `all' of them behind her, yelps. “You mean to tell me...”
Imladris turns and growls. “He's trying to erupt that volcano. He.... lords. He could kill everyone in the entire region if he manages a powerful enough eruption.” Urd just yells. “How'd he get `that' much power?!”
“It's the ash isn't it?” ...Keiichi remarks, looking up. “If that is where his powers come from, it would be no wonder then I guess.”
Imladris shakes his head. “No. It's not his source of powers. It's more like a conduit, he has to give what he takes from, mainly from siphoning power from other sources, done like... -dry chuckle- ...a wraith.” ....he remarks further. “To be able to use ash, he needs sources, and such those stolen is corrupted, and then he infuses the ash he commands over. He then can infuse the ash, and use that as he deems.”
“Still where `did' he get that power?” Urd asks again.
Bell answers in a morose tone of realizing... “From the very land. The life, and from us alike. Between attacks and unknown what else he had been doing, he's had time to gather energy from the land. He's been reverse draining natural spirit sources, to feed his ash code with. The land is suffering because of Caceroth."
Keiichi remembers his old thoughts in the matter. “Ash from the soil for growing other things, for us humans and nature too. The mountains and everything that makes up this land, comes from volcanic activity. Everything originally `is' bedrock and lava from making all the land here. Who knows how much ash is in everything, mixed in within this land.”
Peorth just holds up a hand. “Wait... fiche le camp. Even if he can do that, wouldn't that mean he should be too powerful to deal with? Why play around with us, if he has all this ash around us in one form or another, to use?”

“Because ash is a poor conduit for power use. An Elemental by product that simply cannot be directly used.” Imladris explains. “As said, it has to be `infused' to be useful. It also takes a great deal of power and time to use it.”
“His focus upon it.” Lind surmises. Keiichi remembers the rest of the explanations from before. “He can't use his powers more than one at a time.”
Imladris walks about in espousing his holocron garnered knowledge. “He can if he has enough power, and in this case, patience. The clone attack earlier today is an example of this, though such is a muted effect to be sure.” Imladris says with folded arms. “If we do nothing, we die. And...” ...he starts to say, but then changes. “But if we force his hand somehow, and focus on us. Make him deal with us on our terms of his own medium.”
Skuld offers yet again. “Cut off his powers. That firewall idea.” ...this Imladris spins around at. “Pardon?
Peorth offers over to the knight's consumption. “We had an idea, to attempt to work a Firewall Spell that would cut him off from his powers, and leave him vulnerable to attack.” Skuld added... “We thought of this after that attack last night that we caught him with.”
Imladris realizes and then remarks. “Thank you for that.” ...this gets a warm smile from the bunch of them. Imladris then thinks. “What the problem there is, how to focus on the code parameters. That wretched System of Her's is the problem there. Now if we had..."
Skuld then suddenly comments... “We found this where we hit him.” ...Imladris turns and notes as Skuld pops up a good sized holoimage of the.... “Blood....” ...Imladris notes from the projection. (Ye ol v1.06 is really getting its research grant's worth. Ice Cream to be sure.) Belldandy nearby nods, as Keiichi blinks. “That was fast.”
Imladris comments on looking closer. “Don't tell me that is...”
Skuld nods, with a wary eye at the sight. “We got inert code in there. We can't fully scan it for details, but we do know it `is' dead code from Caceroth.”
Peorth then offers out off of previous discussion Imladris was anew of inclusive... “If we had time, we could locate the source for this code, and cut off this Soulless `System' from him.” ...the rest clicked into place for Imladris just as much as it had for the others, by well now.
Just then another tremor, and the knight rubbed his chin. “I might be able to help there.” ...he then sighs. “And kiss my future access to the System to do this.” ...this as he turns and then to everyone's eye, heads into Keiichi's barren room. About three seconds later though, a loud `zap' is heard. “OW! Will someone get this Seal off this thing please!”
Lind hops out from the common/TV/eating/whatever else room, and to where Imladris is leaning over the Sealed backpack, his right hand being shaken from the `cold' sting of the Seal. “At least you said please.” ...Lind lightly chides. Imladris just nods. “Sorry.” A quick snap her of right finger and thumb, and the Seal drops easily. “And thanks.”
They both return as Imladris hefts his white backpack, the material Keiichi can only guess at, and rummages and finds... “There we are.” ...and removes the glowing crystal polyhedral. Everyone gasps for real this time. “That's from what whom we think it is?!” Bell exclaims with rare shock upon her soft brow. Imladris nods. “Almighty Eminence Himself gave me this personally. A holocron of the kind I am used to from my little adventure during that galaxy mission I was on.”
Galaxy?” Keiichi blurts, but Imladris presses. “This one however I believe comes from His Eminence's own private Network. I also suspect, guarded I mind you, this contains his personal knowledge of the Soulless. This might have a clue where to look.”
“Without the demons help either.” Urd puts in almost on reflex. Imladris just cocks an eye but ignores this detail as well. He places the faceted `jewel-crystal' on the table. “Let's see if I can access what we need.”
“So much for being useless.” Peorth chided, this Imladris just chuckles, and concentrates. He asks over to Skuld. “Don't suppose that device has a dynamic Ethereal port of some kind.” ...this Skuld jumps and finds... “Close enough for this level of technology.” ...Skuld puts, Keiichi groaning, knowing some of his personal gadgets was probably in there, and hence the snip at the `technology level' bit.
The knight nods, breathes, and then concentrates and funnels a holo-fiber optic beam towards the port. In seconds, the two devices share data, as Imladris concentrates on trying to find pertinent data of any kind, anything relevant at all on this matter at hand.
Belldandy and Peorth take turns looking at the data, as does Urd literally upside down between the two. Keiichi can only stand and watch, as the lot of them, save for Lind behind Imladris, study the data being fed through. Bell comments as the data is processed in many layers of data archiving. “This must be data that Almighty kept in personal archives. Majestic.”
Imladris strains as he concentrates. “I think this is... ughn... new data. I didn't see this last time I used this thing.” ...this as Lind notes the level of concentration Imladris is using. It's no small feat. The new data is almost too complex to process, and he has to conceptualize understanding enough, to forward it to the data port. Keiichi sees and... “You okay dude?” ...before Lind raises a hand for him not to speak. Soon however, the data is becoming mentally cumbersome, and he shakes a good deal. Lind puts both of her hands on his shoulders. “Keep the mind calmed. You're doing excellent.”
This the other's note, save for Skuld who is using all she has to keep up with the same data stream. Another minute into this however, the pixie within, feeding him the data, itself grows strained, and Imladris shakes very visibly. Just then as he feels his mind getting scalded like skin to boiling water, he snaps... “Stop!” ...directed at the pixie. (Gave the rest of the lot a good jolt though!)
Imladris literally dumps backwards, and is caught in the embrace of a Valkyrie. Skuld meanwhile exclaims. “No wonder no one could ever find it. It's not even normal tenth dimensional System links were dealing with here!” Peorth looks and has to almost gape her mouth. “The frequency spectrum for the dimensional medium is all `over' the place! Subspace, alternate realities, even time-space. It's all split and branched everywhere. I can't believe this is what... what..." ...the words 'Existence' on her literally disbelieving tongue.
The holographic sight was like everything all parts a electronic light show representation, of multi-filament branching lines, that kept branching over and over itself. The colors seemed more 'gray' where effect of carnival glass filaments further shimmered. What Keiichi could only see from here, the rest saw of how deep all that encoding was, this all just a bare representation of further data, that represented untold amounts and expanses of all know formal reality. And this description failed beyond even the point the goddesses could readily understand it. Keiichi for his part. "Kinda looks like a massive tree and/or snowflake from a DNA stand point. I... uh... think." Belldandy herself even has to scratch her head. “Is...... is this what Almighty sees?
For a moment, even these seasoned and mentally sophisticated beings of Multi-Planar understanding are baffled. Skuld however has to comment for her part. “If.... um... he sees this as the Soulless System. This sure don't look big enough for `infinity' in my book.”
Urd just quips. “Big enough to me. Enough for a Soulless existence not as large as Intracel or Nidhog. Not counting the rest of the Lower Planes.” ...this Peorth hums at... “D'accord. So, this is what we're looking for?”
Skuld shrugs. “I can't tell. We're seeing the system for this.... Seer.... but I still can't tell how locational it is in retrospect to the mainframes or our networks.” Skuld then sighs, almost in a defeatist way. “We'd need Heaven itself to do a locational routine for this, and even then the dynamic spatial existential algorithms would take.... sheesh. Longer than Keiichi can live, that's for sure.” ...this makes Keiichi GULP at!
Imladris however, held `rather' dearly by Lind without realizing, comments with one `doozy' of a migraine. “Have.... ugh.... have you considered to think like a Soulless does?” Urd just looks up. “What the heck does `that' mean?”

Lind however considers for him. “Well. Remember that Voluspa is extremely secretive with her knowledge. We have a glimpse of this here. Sometimes we `do' think too abstractly, our normal enemy too bluntly. This vein of the Soulless, are paranoid.”
Keiichi thinks. “Didn't you guys say this `system' is essentially parts of your own?” Belldandy nods back. Keiichi in addition... “We have his blood sample, that code. If we have an `idea' where to look, that Seal, can't you then just do some kind of... dunno... scatter, or something, for this firewall or something to interrupt that thing's powers?”
Skuld sighs in kind, liking the train of thought there, but complicating the reality of it with... “The best we could do, is multi frequency spectrum blocking. Without a real locational vector however, we'd only get spotty interruption at best. With the way that thing operates, unless we have something more focused in location, Caceroth will react too fast.”
Imladris offers. “Not unless we focus him on something else.” ...this Lind reacts. “Forget `that', if we try that, he may get to any of us before we are prepared.” Imladris stabs back nonetheless. “And yet we have little choice. If we don't do something, this entire landscape be scoured of all life for decades to come. Who know how far that thing may go then to kill us off if we don't stop him here. How many innocents lost due to that thing, if we don't act.”
Keiichi sighs. “If he created a large enough eruption, half the globe might get covered and all that `global cooling' stuff might get to us anyway.” ...this Imladris blinks... “Really?
K1: “Yup, learned a lot of things in our time here.”
Imladris just nods, and then comments further. “So we `have' to stop him, no matter what it takes. If he was also correct, Caceroth would somehow go back in time after killing us all, and start Ragnarok all over again. Forget us, all of Reality would be destroyed. I think we have to take all drastic measures.” Lind however clutches at him rather dearly. “But....”
Urd suddenly quips. “You two comfortable enough there?” ...this as Imladris feels a good blush rush to his face. Lind also realizes, being still reserved to an extent. This results in Lind suddenly hopping away from behind Imladris, he of whom them smacks hard to the floor behind him, flailing arms wildly.
“Owiee.” Imladris moans out, as the others gain a good (and needed) laugh at light expense. Lind just makes an embarrassed smile, just before seems more `heavy' than the tone suggests. Everyone settles the laughing down, and then... “What the...” ...as Skuld quips, the sound toning thickly from... “Outside...” Urd says, a grimace on her facade. Even Imladris knows that laugh, having been in Heaven too long, amnesia or otherwise.
Keiichi sighs. “Not `her' again.”
Everyone soon gathers outside, as in the dusk, cloud laden evening, stand two of the `enemy'. Mara at full height, as the `kid' height CEO stands in front of her minion's left. Peorth just quips in a long moan... “Dis donc.”
Hild just folds her arms. “Did We come at a `good' time?”
“We're kinda busy here Hild.” Urd comments. Hild however just flicks a hand. “Oh please. The more busy you guys get, the closer to Armageddon we all get here.” ...this the lot of them `hum' at in light dejection. However one of their number isn't very amused at this. “The `last' thing we need is Demonic help, in the here and now.”
This Hild levels an eye at Imladris. Keiichi looks between them and sees about as equal an iron gaze both can agitate at each other. Hild quips back. “Not wise to mock me boy.”
“This is not the time for wise CEO.” Imladris steels back. Hild decides to flick a finger out. Imladris suddenly summons to his hand by `force' of will, his sword from the backpack. Anyone for 'tense standoff' anyone?!
“Brave, but foolish boy.”
“I'm willing to test that.” ...Imladris warns just as equally. It did `not' matter to him to whether he could beat her at all even. Hild however waves a hand. Belldandy then holds Imladris's shoulder. “She's not here to fight.” ...this the knight notes and then lowers his blue diamond blade, the dropping of the plain longsword form, making Keiichi sigh a bit more easily. “You are here for a reason we presume.” Belldandy then remarks. Hild smiles. “At least you're perceptive as always. Not like this Thor clone.” ...this Imladris barely budges an eyebrow at. Hild professes a bit too lightly... “No, We thought the time had come for our part of this whole monotonous affair.”
“You mean for yesterday. Right?” Urd comments with a closed eye, arms folded, and plain annoyed at her mother's presence. Hild, said motherly `dear', smirks. “Lost us a good hideout too. Well, our minion's. We'd prefer a better place now. Wonder how this Temple would do.”
“That can be fixed.” Imladris comments again. “A few Iconic spiritual icons and all that.” Hild slits her eyes again. “Someone needs to learn manners.”
“He has.” Urd quips. “I like what I'm hearing.”
Hild starts to get a `tweeny' bit annoyed, as she then nudges Mara. “And to think we might get a better reception, with what We have to offer.”
The goddesses and mortals alike blink more than once, (not in unison, which makes it all look weird.) Peorth just quips, as Lind slides a bit closer to Imladris off a side standing position of right. “Que?”
Hild raises a finger. “Does that mean...”
Just then the ground tremors under them all, more than just a mere `shake' too this time. Even Hild suddenly stops her games. Imladris just spouts out. “We have no time for games.” Mara comments in turn... “Forgive me Mistress...”
“Well, we feel charitable.”
"What?" Keiichi blurts in realizing, the others watch on, as Hild explains. “We have what you need. The location of at least the Nidhog appropriated sections of the Soulless system. We imagine you can find your little old system sections too, enough to find a way to impede that Fool's designs.”
As expected, the lot of them blinked (in unison this time,) at hearing this. Skuld goes boggle eyed as Urd snaps. “Where the heck did you get `that' information?” The CEO just rubs her hands on her chin. “Let's just say we get miffed when Our `children' are harmed by a bunch of clone wimps. We have our sources and means.”
“You mean the original Invasion.” Lind says, this Hild nods. “Aye, and We know about `everything' that needs to be. While your little Almighty was busy dealing with the Seer, and then locking the knowledge of their meeting from all relevant minds he controls, We used our personal sub-System to locate where the portals were originating from. We lost data-track when that `pup' there killed himself with the Wraith, but not before We found the source code and network locations. Interesting it was to see how our own System apparatuses were being used. Complimentary We are for its use, though We loathe being used in any shape or form.”
“How sad for you.” Urd quips. Hild just growls and `they' two look as if they were to get'er ON.
“You know where the System links to Caceroth is then?” Belldandy asks, actually hopeful for a real break. Hild looks at the `clone' of the Almighty, and then measures out in tone... “We do.”
Imladris blinks. “You intend to help us.”
Hild reacts with a glare at the knight, but then a more open smile that can be easily misinterpreted, as she puts. “We intend to have what for, to our mutual enemy.”
“Why?” Keiichi asks. “He tried to kill you too?”
Hild just floats in close to Keiichi's discomfort. “Please. As if `death' means anything for us here.” ...Keiichi just gulps, remembering... “Ah, the `reduced' bit.” Hild smirks, and then twist-flip-floats back. “No. As We said, We loathe being used. Trying to use us for a Contract where there was no trust, just to destroy this whole world in one cowards act. We wouldn't even get his soul or shell, and that Ragnarok bit would just ruin everything anyway. That and a true Final War with Heaven with that big guy getting all huffy, even if we survived somehow, which we know We wouldn't. Such a monumental waste. Such We won't have.” ...the last put in a tone that sends shivers along all watching spines.
“So we all have a gripe with that wretch.” Skuld puts, a lot of nods at that one. Hild then puts. “As We also said, We're in a charitable mood. We won't even add to our `tab' from before for this one. We can't very well continue our damnation of mortals with them all gone. We have to watch our own tushie as well.”
Hild then stops, getting snickered at by most of the goddesses and mortals, (even Lind) “She said tushie.” Skuld giggle quips. Hild dryly looks at, then smacks a few `stray' bolts around for good measure. After the manic, wacky scattering of bodies, everyone gathers themselves, as Hild imparts. “We will provide location data, if you can create this firewall. We then leave the battle to our mutual armor dude here for the easy part. Bring show tunes appropriate.”
Keiichi just imparts. “That's all just convenient.”
“Works for me.” Urd puts, adding with further tone bland. “However I don't trust the word `charitable'.”
“As well you shouldn't ol child o ours.” Hild puts, which makes them all wonder. Hild however also imparts just to impress for, of anyone's hearing, Imladris's own note by focus. “By the way, if you all have a problem with possibly killing this Wraith's mortal shell, don't bother. If anyone paid attention to that Hong Kong incident a few days ago....”
Keiichi blurts out. “You mean...?”
“What?” Imladris asks. Keiichi and Belldandy in turn explain the terrorist incident from nearly a week ago, which makes the lot of the remainder gasp in shock, and garners the reaction Hild wanted to see. This as Imladris clenches his hands with utter wrath, energy flaring from them. “I see.” ....the last tendril of any shred of half hearted compassion for what was left of the desiccated husk of essentially undeath incarnate.... well... you know.
And then a rather `sharp' shudder hits the area again.
“I think we better hurry.” ...this as Keiichi steps back from being `shuddered' into Bell's arms. Hild then comments. “So, how do we save the world, for us to rule over eventually one day?”
Belldandy simply then offers already considering as soon as Hild offered. “Considering elemental attacks do damage him, we might want to power the firewall, created via a Mandala, using code derived from each of our angels and demonic powers alike.”
Lind sighs, despising the idea of working with the demon CEO, as much as Mara the same of the goddesses, (Hild we won't get to, it's not kosher.) The Valkyrie comments... “Well, we have our resident Lord Knight as Hild imparted to deal with the Wraith.”
“The problem is how to make him come to us. How....?” Skuld quips. Hild just shakes a finger to tisk at this. “If we act against his network link, he'll come to us. Might wana be on your guard when he comes tin man.” ...this Imladris just rolls his eyes at, arms folded.
Bell then asks. “But then what of Keiichi?” ...this Kei gulps at, as Mara just blurts. “What of him?” ...this Hild hits an elbow into Mara's midsection at her `nominal' height. “Quip not ol minion. It is Keiichi that is the key to all of this.” ...this as Keiichi listens.... “All such because of all his contact and even becoming a vessel for demons, gods and angels over the years, his soul is all but a nexus between the celestial and mortal planes." ...this Imladris alone closes eyes in knowing what needed to be told finally. Hild as such darkens knowledge with... "While not necessarily a conduit to either System, if the rest of the mortals of this realm, those not of Wishes and Contracts, were to learn the actual truth, it would tilt the spiritual belief of this Plane, too far away for the Soulless to gain any converts from. To them, seeing the two Overseer Planes and the other Lower Planes along with grow stronger through means they cannot combat, would make an already vehement Seer, even more vicious.
Enough even to cause her own true Ragnarok in violation of all System laws. That kind of a war would all but change reality, far more than what that idiot Celestine ever considered. Such would essentially destabilize even the normal System oversights, of which means both moi and your dear Almighty, would be in serious jeopardy. At least that's `our' assessment of what would probably happen.” Hild glumly smirks. “It sure would `not' be the ideal that Almighty would consider, of which the blood `would' likely flow in crimson waves.” ...this meaning the mortals in between such a vast conflict.
Hild then states on a note at Keiichi directly. “As such, if you don't mind Keiichi `dear', do try to keep our little secret, for all of our healthy sakes. After all, such a conflict would likely kill off even Bell-chan next to you.” ...this Keiichi glances a look, which Belldandy just looks back neutrally. Imladris however imparts. “If I can keep Caceroth's attention, then Keiichi should not be of threat.”
Lind then suddenly suggests, looking at Keiichi... “Even so, there `is' a way to give him a measure of protection.” ...this Imladris blinks at. Keiichi wonders, and then realizes. “You mean?” ...and Imladris looks in further blinking. Lind nods, and Imladris keeps looking.
Peorth then imparts. “We should do this one away from the Temple. A place where attraction is not as obvious.” Belldandy nods. “Yes. And somewhere more open for Imladris to work with, a place with more structures or even natural obstacles.”
Imladris blinks and considers. “Might be a place for that.” ...this Hild squints an eye at, the rest a curious set of their own.
--------------------
'- ....geologists have concluded that apparently the constant tremors wracking the region today, are the result of unexpected tectonic activity, that is apparently making the long dormant Mount Fuji, and other geologic areas unstable. Scientists are baffled how this is all occurring, but the guess is based on a possible rare seismic fault line shift, affecting the entire region.
The fact that the event is occurring so slowly, is not however to be assured nothing major may happen. Residents are advised to take appropriate steps for emergencies, as they occur. Prefecture residents all over are stocking up on supplies, and store shelve are already bare, as the region grips for an unknown fate.
Meanwhile surrounding countries have also noted increased geological activity, though North Korea refuses to state if they are affected currently. China, the Philippines, and as far away as Indonesia and American Alaska have reported increased activity, Earthquake levels of around 2.1 magnitude have been reported even as far away as American Hawaii, and even the west coast of the Americas.
The latest readings show a 4.1 at worst for the areas closest to Fuji, but only for very short durations. However experts believe the tremors may increase in both magnitude and length at any time. Again residents are advised to take caution, and keep tuned for incoming alerts.
Again, the day's story is the increased geologic activity in the Chiba, Saitama and Ibaraki Prefectures that are being felt all across the country. Please stay tuned as we get more...... -'
--------------------
-Her Will's terror...-
Caceroth's patience was finally paying off. That influx of stolen goddess code from the wretched vessels and their horrid consorts, had given a most welcome boost of power, for the tragedy he had in store for this entire world. It was fitting that the hand of creation, the molten core of this wretched world, held such capabilities for the same world's ruination. Of dire worst note, the entire life breadth of this world in its utter totality.
This land held several magnificently `stable' volcanoes. However the mere movement of the ash long since inert in this underdark of the world, was not only to make a mere few volcanoes eventually erupt their vicious contents. Caceroth would do far more. Mere volcanoes and earthquakes only promised partial damage to the populace present around the growing influence of his begrudged influence. It did not promise to kill the abomination or the vessels, and neither the dark slaves, or the Nemesis. They all could simply avoid and protect themselves from mere nature's fury.
What Caceroth wanted, would do far more permanent damage, possibly push far more converts to the Soulless undeath in spiritual disbelief, and ensure no avenue of escape could exist for the vessels and the abominations alike.
This one land mass alone, held two very ancient, calderas of great inert power. With time, the places known as Aria Caldera, and Aso, both in the Kyushu Region, both combined, could ruin half the globe, and cause enough distraction for him to reach other far flung calderas and possible even more ruinous methods of ensuring this planet's extinction. And not just of the mortal fools that resided here in ignorance, but also of all the Spirits and other powers unseen that flooded this world with their putrid existences.
The Will of Voluspa was unwilling to allow this world to further continue to exist. It was such a foul aura that this so called `life' exhibited, that even She grew reviled of this particular World Plane's existence! If in the same act, the simple influence of the world's configuration could kill the abomination, and remove the threat of this world from her ultimate ambitions of Ragnarok and Genocide of reality, then all the `better' for the ever suffering of the Soulless to finally end. And all of this, in the same stroke to End the Crime with, all the worse indeed.
Caceroth therefore was utterly focused at present to use his powers in gaining more and more tectonic influence over the underdark, and finish this spiteful affair. It was proper that the Wraith be `of' the undeath of coming earthen ruin, and not in true bodily form. Mimicking what was most despised was scalding to his selfish ego.
When he enforced it, this was how he would remain until the shell finally couldn't keep integrity with the ashen power enslaved to it. When Caceroth intended to finally ditch this putrid form, it would be with the extinction of this World Plane with no measure of compassion.
Voluspa would reward him extremely well, by ensuring his place at the head watch, as all of existence collapsed, allowed to Exist until the agony of all else died before him. No need for actual armies. No need to care about anything more, than the End. The demand of the Plan, was the only 'reward' he cared for.
Time was very close now. Nothing could stop him now.
--------------------
It took a short time, but a proper place had been found, sort of. Imladris thought of the Okitsu Port area, and most specifically, it's Port Park, a good, secluded place for the final confrontation. Close to the ocean beyond, and a river in close enough proximity, the land was a ecological recovery region noted for its turtle rehabilitation and breeding. More than too much life for Hild to stand even. “A fine place indeed.” ...she noted with a mock impressed tone. Imladris nodded, as the lot of them settled into the now deserted area. The goddesses all but immediately employed a spell zone to keep away other mortals, but only them. Everything else living would be sorely needed to pull this one off.
Already now, the hour was late, and the clouds were covering the entire area. It all casting a pall over, where ash filtered into the sky from Fuji, enough now to begin giving threatening cues of the coming morning, if this all should fail.
After shortly raising the warding perimeter, the goddesses, demons (Velsper dragged along most forcefully by the CEO.) and two mortal participants, met at an open park area, where several built levels of `concrete manicured park', met up to the beachhead where the breeding of turtles took place. The port nearby was deserted for the moment, thanks to the warding, and interspersed everywhere were various structures and sculptured items, water fountains in spotty areas, much of the rest still under long term construction.
Keiichi for his part, noted with satisfaction. “Nice spot for a battle.” ...this Imladris shrugged. “It was one of a few places I hoped to had drawn Caceroth to, and dealt with him without getting you all involved. The hour at hand was in fact of my plans as well.” ...this to, Bell nodded, everyone save Keiichi and Imladris still, in full celestial regalia. “A proper place for a final victory.” ...this Keiichi looked at Bell, a rare knowing of what is to come already in her eyes. Kinda made him enamored. (The elegant goddess cloth certainly helped.)
Peorth looked around as Imladris reached into his backpack for something, as she commented. “Will not our actions cause much endommager to this area?” ...this Mara just scoffed. “Please, these mortals can use a reminder, of what the true master of elements is like.” ...this Hild dryly retorted. “That actually isn't a compliment to Us, is all that?” ...Mara suddenly went into reflex apologetic mode.
Keiichi asks... "Why is all that exactly? The element bit I mean." ...this Hild quips over. "The goddesses know better, since Our demons are only an equal user of the elements, as far as the elements themselves are of their own masters. It's always been a problem with trying to foment chaotic ways, having to be allayed by them as well at times. That's why their Spirit powers are so destructive in short moments of time, most of the time. It's hardly an absolute, but to note that the elements also reside to the goddesses, as you've well seen, tells that loyalty is not the true measure of the elements. Rather, it's whom commands what elements at certain times. Sometimes neither celestial side is allowed even.
Funny part of it for you mortals, Life (blech,) of the lower planes has its own power as a result, and why our mutual Systems fight over everything on below so dearly. You mutual chaff are a great part of the life, that even your mortals don't understand. On his burg of a rock anyway." Hild then hears Belldandy linchpin in... "And now the Soulless would try and take it all away, from all alike."
Keiichi nods. "Okay, I might not fully understand it all, but we still have a fight to win anyway, right?"
Hild just shook her head in bemusement, as Belldandy nodded and found strength in the same. Such and more in fact of what was just discussed, Bell intended to use of this, as much as Hild, to their mutual advantage this night.
“Why am I here again?” Velsper suddenly `mewed' out, as he was held in `dear' grip of the CEO, of almost constant note, since the departure from the Temple. Belldandy just looked on kinda blankly here, as Hild meanwhile just put in. “Because, `girl', you too have a little tool we can use. As much as you despise the idea, you will be helping to guard Keiichi while we all work our mutual Mandala Oversight Program to begin cutting off the Wraith's powers.”
Velsper just moans. "Oh great."
Imladris turning from the explanations to Keiichi, and him knowing enough about the reincarnated demon from the holocron, the preparations here needing time to be filled somehow, commented on this... “A demon guarding a mortal?” ...this Hild looks back at the plain clothed knight, still only in socks even. “A desperate time for all measures, even those not in normal accordance. You of us all should know better, since poor Keiichi `dear' had to be taken with us.”
Keiichi sighs and shakes his head, as Imladris knows all too well that by situation alone, the target had to be brought with. To not do so, when the Mandala was created, for the Wraith to discover the target was unguarded elsewhere, was inviting disaster. It was a risk to even have Lord Keiichi here, by Imladris's standards, but even Keiichi remarked now... “I still chose to come here. I have to help somehow. I don't like being helpless anyway.” Bell just whispers worriedly... “Keiichi.”
Imladris however turns the subject to. “So how do we `do' this fancy pants trap? Who, how and what?”
Urd imparts... “Should we do a normal working?” ...this Bell shakes her head before Hild can, which irks the kid sized CEO, dressed as if in full body fashion of the nominal demon leader. “No. A normal ground working Mandala could be too easily disrupted by the powers of Caceroth, when he sees what is happening.”
Hild injects further to cut off Bell, which Keiichi gives a dour glare of untoward. “More, to use the kind of energy we are considering, I would prefer a multi ring three dimensional version, with nexus capability of channeling tenth level dimensional spatial focus. One that can resonate all ten dimensions at once. It will be far more difficult to disrupt with normal attacks, and Caceroth would have to be forced to choose where and how he attacks with more focus.”
“As if I'll give him that choice.” Imladris steels in granite grinding tone. Skuld, Urd and Peorth each just shiver, as much as Lind smirks at. Keiichi and Bell just look, and the demons just act neutrally. Hild just imparts. “The 'clone' of Thor should very well hold that to oath even, less we all suffer for another `failure'.”
“Which we won't.” Lind suddenly snaps in, her normal jumpsuit attire flapping around her as she speaks. Hild just shrugs, though Imladris gulps a bit at this sudden injection of confidence. The CEO meanwhile just turns to the reincarnated neko, still at the scruff of his neck hold, and imparts. “That new toy Familiar pet of yours should be ample assistance to use. The penalty of failure this night will be severe.”
Velsper just gulps and ekes out puny... “Mew?
Keiichi though imparts. “Um... sorry I feel dumb for asking....” ...this Bell looks over. “We need to start soon. I suggest....” ...this Lind nods, Imladris looks again between the three, as Lind suddenly steps towards Keiichi.
Hild then notes to the others. “Let's begin.” ...this as the other goddesses, save Lind, suddenly lift off with Hild. Mara for a moment looks at everyone confused, and then heads up as well. Velsper just grumbles as he's dropped from a height, and lands cat fashion, to then walk mew-cussing towards Keiichi. Imladris for a moment looks at Lind and Keiichi glancing at each other, just before Hild snips down. “Hey, you going to look like an idiot there, of get ready?” ...the mortal knight shoots a glance up at the mocking voice, and Imladris turns to finish retrieving the device he sought.
Belldandy is just as `concerned' as Imladris, when she sees Lind close in on Keiichi. “Now remember as before.”
“Y... yes....” ...the mortal quips, still as bashful as ever at such `close' proximity.
--------------------
'- There it is. -' The first true magma to breach the collapsed chamber he managed to rupture open with all his shifting and influencing. The ash gave way, with the rest of the granite, to the first touch of molten igneous, as it seeped into the chamber. If the Wraith could keep the fissure open long enough, the pressure of the magma rising would take over.
All of his focus was now on this task.
On fulfilling Her Will.
--------------------
She focused on him alone in this instant, and moved her facade close to his. He was flushed with uncontrolled blushing, so much that she felt amused and embarrassed at the same time. Still, it was this closeness that was needed for the transfer to work.
Velsper watched as much as Imladris did, when a definite `flow' of energetic fabric and angelic feathers, passed from donor to host. Imladris realized what was happening when he saw it. Keiichi felt the flow of such power, familiar yet severe nonetheless, as it delved and deepened his soul, the two holding to each other due to the exertion of passing Cool Mint back between them a third time.
“T... there.... just a bit longer....”
“U.... o.... ugh...” ...Keiichi moaned out, his head utterly filled with feathers.
The transfer and holding of the power by the one loved by so many goddesses, was still a great strain on him. However the transfer was not as hard on Lind this time, her own Spear Mint more than enough to brace the shock of loss this time, though all four, hosts and angels alike, were still strained by the transfer.
Belldandy from above, looked on, and mixed her emotions of `protection' of Keiichi, with more of impressed note of loving awe. Imladris however had a most dark emotion he couldn't help. His jealousy however was echoing from not his current personality, as something very `deep' within could not help but echo this gray emotion not of Soulless make.
He `almost' could feel his old soul as a result, but it faded all too easily, back beneath the barriers Caceroth had wrought. Imladris turned away, the motion noticed by Keiichi out the corner of his eye.
Hild above just noted all these complex emotions occurring all at once, and smirked. “Such pleasure with such pain.”
Mara just floated up, and Hild turned her attention to a focus point in empty space. “But our pain is meant for another this night.” ...this as she reached up and broke off one of her hair Seals, one of her pony tail braids falling down all along her back, as her power suddenly magnified back up to a full sixty-five percent. Enough to physically throw Mara back a good dozen meters, away and down.
The goddesses turn to this and note. “No playing around I see.” Urd quips, as Hild just snickers and flutters a hand, a goofy look for a moment that most certainly is `not'.
A second flare of more magnanimous power however shoots out, as Hild looks over at... “Hmm... broke part of your Seal without a Mandala unsealing.” ...this as Belldandy clips a longer part of her earring to her right bracelet. The First Class goddess just responded... “You met a condition for allowing partial unsealing, in this manner.” ...this as the other goddesses nearby, note with decent surprise. Peorth for one considered doing the same, but a traded look with Urd just kept things level. Skuld just looked on with mixed fear and awe. Hild meanwhile smirks back. “So We did.” ...this as Mara floats back up gingerly.
Below, Imladris notes all these sudden events taking place, and then feels a new, sharper tremor shuffle his feet some. Lind and Keiichi note, with Velsper suddenly leaping onto Keiichi's pants leg, claws and painful yelling included.
“So be it Nemesis.” Imladris quips, looking towards the mostly obscured Fuji peak-cauldron. He then looks at his gold bracelets, and drops his backpack with a good thunk. Lind and Keiichi hear this and both turn, just as Imladris starts to place the glowing golden accouterments upon his wrists. “So be it.” ...this as he fits, and then snap clasps both pieces into locked place. Doing so, his entire form of body cloth changes as the plain clothes are suddenly `absorb-replaced' by the jumpsuit of long forgotten note, then pieces of the full armor ensemble glow-snapping into place with loud fast paced chime-clanks, and shimmer sounds of cloak and robe draping all amongst the thick pieces. The armor and robes soon are joined by the rest of the accouterments: Head and body detailing, gold and silver laden mithril of celestial ancient make cover as much as glowing cloth. The wide flare winged helm armor of grandiose Norse like mode. The only areas betrayed of expose, his face of chiseled anger, and the fluttering long locks of white-in-white angelic like hair.
Finally the weapon of morphemic mode flare snaps to his side, all of the process encoded as per the suit of the Titled bearer of Heaven. The end act is the flare of his angelic staff to his left hand, to feel it's power seep through to his waiting hand. This to draw in extra empowerment to prepare in those last few moments.
This time it is the rest looking on, as Imladris flex clenches his body to feel the moment. Lind just steps away from Keiichi with a gape look of awe on her facade Keiichi notes this, though he realizes his own awe jawed stare as well. Quickly however, Imladris literally flare-snaps open his eyes, and then looks to the smoking Fuji, now focused on only one thing.
Hild considers on sight for a moment, then looks at the rather `plain' looking Keiichi. She then looks at Belldandy. “Say, isn't Keiichi a bit underdressed for this party?”
Bell blinks and then looks down at the still stuck jawed mortal of her life.
--------------------
“- What was that? -” Caceroth heard himself reflexively saying, the echoes coming from anywhere within the saccloth underdark he was influencing. A moment of sensing later, notes the powers that have suddenly increased. Were they finally to try and oppose him? Did they know their folly?
And which was to be his focus now? He tried to turn back and finish forcing the magma to the critical point.
--------------------
Keiichi literally leapt where he stood, as everyone saw where Belldandy had suddenly used a quicken spell on Keiichi's cloth, much to even the surprise of Hild. Imladris alone looked over, and saw... “Huh? That's former Lord Celestine's robes.” ...this increased shock. Keiichi looked at himself and then heard.
“Dear me, didn't think you'd take me so literally girl?” Hild giggled out, a hand covering her surprised mouth. Belldandy just remarked back, to the hearing of the others. “More than simple cloth, it will allow him to enhance his energy control of Cool Mint for the short duration that he can do so.” ...this Keiichi pats himself over wackily, blushed at the thought Bell had changed him like this.
“Do all the gods wear such baggy clothing?” Keiichi just remarked. Lind snickered a bit, as Imladris imparted. “Yes actually.” ...as Imladris shook his head and turned back to look at the distant summit. Lind just then imparts. “Now remember, try to not use Cool Mint unless absolutely necessary.”
“That could be a lot of things.” Keiichi quips back warily. Lind just shrugs, and then looks at Imladris. The effidice of armor making her heart skip a beat, before she then tip foot hops into the air to join the others. Imladris notes her lift off, and then looks at a still self off-kilter Keiichi and sighs a bit sadly. 'Lucky guy.' He thinks in his own mistaken way.
As soon as Lind reaches the others, Peorth asks quickly. “Tu vas bien?” ...this to Lind waves it off. “I will be fine.”
At this, Hild and Belldandy nod to each other, and respectively fling their arms out in various movements of arms, ones that befit their nominal character. As a result, the two begin to form the first of a vastly complex three-dimensional Mandala. The others goddess and demon alike watch in renewed awe.
Below, Imladris keeps eye on the volcano, as Keiichi and Velsper look up as the first ring parts of a glowing white and red mixed Mandala begin to form, of two separate System source codes. Velsper just grumbles in cat tone... “Now I despise you even more. Her love is too much upon you in this cloth.” Keiichi just blinks and quips to the `girl/boy' neko on his left shoulder now. “Huh? I didn't even ask for this.” ...as he flaps his robes up for a moment.
“That's the point!” ...Velsper just wackily objects again, just before the two get into a claw and cat wrangling shove fest. Imladris nearby just shakes his head again, as he notes the afar mountain puff a new spout of ash, ever so slightly, to his enhanced eyesight.
His hand starts to slide up to the handle of his blade.
--------------------
There was no mistake this time. He felt too much power suddenly begin to lace the very weave of the world nearby. Caceroth turned his senses and lost a bit of control over the magma he was forcing, as he stretched his senses.
He finally had a choice to make, though the damage was almost irreversible now. If he stopped now, the eruption would not occur as he hoped, and the attempt to use it to stretch his influence in the earth ash further would be all but lost.
If he didn't, whatever the vessels were doing, more than likely in an attempt to stop him anyway, could cause him even further trouble. Where was his focus to be? What could the possibly do to actually stop him in the first place? How could Her Will be stopped now anyway?! Was it not He that was told ALL of what Her Will had to know here?
How could Her Will fail at all?!
--------------------
The gathered watched as Belldandy and Hild worked an immeasurable, vast working, the glowing light starting to play off the very air and ground below. The clouds above began to part in reaction to the glowing aura of two opposing forces, as the first two multi-angular/circular Mandala sections of both mainframe codes were completed. Another three each were needed, and then sections were going to be still need to be compiled.
As soon as the code framework was formatted, Hild called out. “Begin the call for your allies wench.”
Belldandy disregarded that, and then began verse of spell... : To the call of all Life, all Elements of command, each a pillar of this World. I summon of ally and abridge to thee, to come and aid this time of Utter Peril. The voices of the Four main, and many Conjunction, each of Genasi or Master. Heed this call of Plea. Our hour of aid is come, for come the Pillars of the World. :
The voice sings out as her body glows very brightly, as if a new star come forth. The aura of the voice reaches deep into the elements and spirits of the world, as Keiichi and Velsper suddenly start to notice. “Uh.... huh!?”
Meeeeoww!?
Imladris notes in his line of sight, the first forms of the Elemental Spirits themselves, heralding the Great versions soon to come. The goddesses and demon aside from the two heading this forming Mandala see all of this in awe. There would not be a moment like this ever again. One way or the other. No one was remiss in realizing and commenting, Peorth voicing... “Mon esprits des ancêtres....”
Skuld suddenly turns and pulls her device from her blouse `infinite' again. "Better get ready, if this don't get his attention...."
HE COMING!!!!” ...Imladris suddenly snaps out resoundingly! Hild and Belldandy take cure to redouble efforts on the Mandala Complexity, this as the first Spirits reach Belldandy. Fire Genasi, Air Elementals, and even Cloud Spirits arrive first. Lind just orders quickly. “Protect that mortal down there. Do not interfere with the Lord Knight, less the Wraith succeeds!” ...with a gloved finger pointed directly at Keiichi, on below. A Fire Genasi in kind roars out in a flaming tone. “: Without `fail' mistress. :”
--------------------
Caceroth was forced in hand now! He felt too many furious spirits suddenly unleash from elemental bonds, many of them more than aware of what Caceroth had been doing all of this time, and all very much enraged at the acts of elemental rape that the Wraith had conducted, all this time! The Wraith Lord even feels a few magma Elementals break from the hold of the magma chamber the Wraith was creating, and flow through the rock to reach beneath the summoning zone, directly towards the focal point of where the Wraith Lord 'was'.
As such Caceroth decided. “- Is this how you wish it Vessels!? -”
At that, the plume of Fuji suddenly burst violently, as it's only pressure release sees the Wraith shooting hard towards the south east.
--------------------
Keiichi meanwhile is commanded at by Imladris... “GET OVER TO THE GODDESSES NOW!” ...as Keiichi and Velsper jump and the mortal target does not argue! "I think it's show time!" Keiichi gleeps! Velsper just holds on in comic fashion! Imladris then suddenly leaps forward a good ten meters, dismissing the angelic staff from hand, and sees the plume erupt forth in the ashen distance!
And then the terrifying sight races towards them all, at the speed of sound, the thunder of ashen made, dark purple friction lightning trailing after it! Imladris snap draws his blade and holds it at the level ready. “Come get some you wretch!” ...he growls and keeps sharp eye on the incoming threat.
Keiichi reaches over below the celestials floating above him, as he feels genuine fear at hand again. Doubt creeps in, but then he feels a shake from Velsper in about the same vein. The mortal glances over... “We'll be fine.”
Velsper just snaps back. “Who asked YOU!?” Keiichi just rolls his eyes. “Whatever.”
Above, the goddesses and Mara are looking as they see Caceroth coming in FAST. Suddenly Hild snaps. “It's time! We need to start singing to form the last two rings.” Belldandy in kind yells out as the forming energy vortex formats around the heavily glowing Mandala Complexity “We'll need the Great Spirits to finish the Mandala!"
“That'll take time!” Skuld yelps. Urd just chides loudly. “Sentaro can wait! Let's go!”
Imladris hears the first wafting tones sing out from up and behind him, as he looks back. Keiichi notes above as the angels begin to appear, the first tones of the mixed celestial sonnets already harmonizing a more profound chord. As it all begins flowing forth, the angel's own voices, Lind's Spear Mint of note in her case, meld with Hild and Mara's own lent grave tones, every single one unto their new song, compressing new command codes, to begin formatting the fourth ring.
And then Imladris leaps HARD into the air. Keiichi hears it imposingly, as metal clanks resoundingly forth! This as Caceroth finally enters the arena! Seeing already all clearly enough, Caceroth vents a ruinous screech, one that just allows the knight to lock in on the Wraith!
“- YOU! -” ...the Wraith screeches in reaction, as Knight swings his first blow overhead HARD into Caceroth's defensive Caceri blade! “So it is!
Caceroth reacts to the stiff snap of voice with a horrendous new wail, and a parry thrust, to then ash burst past the knight, at the gathering! Imladris has none of that, and flare bursts right through the ash cloud and shoves a good wall of energy into the ash-cloud, forcing it back into a tumbling humanoid form!
Imladris kick leaps to maintain airborne stance, and snarls at the unnatural thing. “Where do you think `you' are going?”
Caceroth reforms, looks with furious eyes of livid gray, and then charges with Caceri Blade with a screeching wail, right into Imladris's waiting Morphemic Blade!
The trans-dimensional song meanwhile begins to take wing all around as visible glowing sonnets, as they swirl around the goddesses and through certain Spirits that gather around the elemental Mandala `globe', causing parts of the new code to fall into previously open slots in the multi-dimensional Mandala. Each fragment that falls into place, causes the code rings to emit new flares of energy, increasing the focus of nexus instability, breaking down the reality fabric between the mortal plane and reaching into the higher dimensional planes. Great gouts of power begin billowing within the Mandala, as is the deep well of information that is accumulating within.
However the strain is starting to tell on the celestials, as Skuld and a weakened Lind begin having to gasp between long sonnet sections, Nobel Scarlet and Spear Mint both looking visibly strained as well. Mara, not the best of singers anywise, has to catch herself at points of inclusion, leveling out the two sides of growing inaccuracies.
Hild growls a tic between her own sonnet sections, as Belldandy concentrates on filling the gaps unmade as yet. Hild senses this and has to in fact catch up a tic, impressed she even is caught behind by even a micro-filament of a microsecond.
Below Keiichi sees the first of the `ordered' elementals fall around him, the neko-demon having to flick his tail away from the Fire Genasi. “Wow.” Keiichi quips, the Genasi nodding stiffly at the `charge'. Just then the first of the blade `flares' begin to draw closer! Velsper yells... “He's getting closer!” ...unto whit Keiichi gulps.
Afar, the knight is having trouble indeed. At first a managed equal battle, the problem of trailing after the Wraith as he dissolves and reforms forces Imladris to fight more on Caceroth's terms. A poor situation already of apparent! “Blast you!” ...Imladris curses, as he uses every trick in the book to buy the celestials time, and keep Caceroth focused solely upon only on him! Angel Slivers and power bolts fire everywhere, as Caceroth edges closer and closer to the spell area!
Suddenly after a barely managed parry, Imladris suddenly sees Caceroth swirl around him! He hears a sudden... “- FOOL! -” ...and then feels his body SLAMMED into on all sides at once, and then shoved as if kicked, hard into the ground very close in sight of the gathered!
“Imladris!” Keiichi says, causing Lind to look down on impulse, just before Imladris recovers and bound flips, and then summons on the return attack, the spirit falcon energy attack from before! Imladris charges hard with glowing blue energy at a wrath of pace!! It catches Caceroth just off guard and the two energy forms smack into each other, blowing apart from each other in sudden cascade of rupturing energy!
The wave of energy that results, tosses waves of disrupting energy everywhere, and forces Bell and Hild to stop for a split moment and throw up a shield to protect the code! The burst wave passes with Urd SNAPPING out. “Watch it down there!” This Hild even shivers some. “That was too close.” ...in exasperation.
Just then the glowing gold guy suddenly leaps back right at Caceroth, stopping before the Wraith, and finds a direly wounded humanoid form before him. “How does THAT hurt you wretch!!” This before Imladris storms in with, his blade catching forcefully on Caceroth's, and shoving them both to the ground, smashing up a good deal of concrete on two separate levels, obliterating one set of stairs, debris flying all over the immediate area!
And that just starts a long chain, as Imladris launches out of the rubble, Caceroth in furious pursuit! The two catch and clash at each other three times in the mid air tumble, and then Imladris lands, to then catch a fourth shot, and then shove Caceroth over him! The Wraith corrects to avoid a hard slam, and this begins the long parry blade chain all over the next thirty meters, heading away from the celestial gathered, and their `globe'. Belldandy 'and' Hild judge and shout out... “HURRY!
The lot of them, Skuld and Lind regaining strength from the impromptu halt, angels just as much in relief, all literally pickup in song, after a unison toning chord, back off at the interrupted point, where now the fourth ring is nearly done. Meanwhile Spirits, Fey and more gather in great numbers to become more conduits for the code being sung, while they form in enough numbers to draw out the first hints of the coming Great Spirits. Keiichi feels inside his own soul now, and feels where `Cool Mint' is waiting, he drops to a kneeling position, wondering if he'll himself have to be involved. Everything seems to be going well.
At the point things start going completely awry for Imladris himself.
Afar, towards a large reverse tiered building, Caceroth changes tactics on the knight. “- You still have `lost' to me. -” Mortal knight in kind, retorts harshly back. “Not by this vantage point I haven't.” ...this as his mind feels something `familiar'.
“- Oh, but I know you realize your folly by now. -” ...this as he swing clashes to the right side of Imladris's blade! “- I sense your plan, and you `know' by my mind, how futile it is to strip me of my powers! -” ...this stuns Imladris for a split second, and Caceroth furiously takes advantage with a sudden reforming of his Caceri Blade into a pole axe type, and swings up with the lower pole end, smacking the knight back hard, opposite whence where he prior drove the Wraith!
Imladris bounds back to his feet, but feels his mind growing fuzzy again. He shakes furiously at it, as afar, in seething tone. “- Already your mind betrays unto me all I wish to know. You already return yourself for Her Will to finally acquire! -”
Imladris angrily erupts back forth to strike at the Wraith, and is blocked way too easily. At this the knight feels his mind strained, he attempts to make more blows, and it's like the Wraith is actually waiting for them. Imladris blares mentally! 'How could it all be falling apart this fast?!' ...as even the dire mental tone, is emotionally toned against him!
Afar, the demons and goddesses strain even harder! The fourth encoded ring nearly set, this vein forming the Intracel and Nidhog codes for Caceroth own codes personally, It's ash medium powers derived from the inert blood of ash code acquired. The ring is combined with the mortal plane coordinates code ring, and further the ring that will translate access between the previous rings. This to allow both goddess and demon spell power within, so that the Final forming ring, the location coordinates of the Voluspa network, ones Hild acquired ages ago, can then allow the entire Mandala to sunder Caceroth from his powers.
Or so it is hoped.
Below Keiichi still waits as the singing keeps wavering in tone from wrathful, to intimidating, the uneasy serenity of it all, hardly comforting to the ears, as Keiichi shakes frightfully from it all! Velsper keeps claws in, more worried of how long they have left before Caceroth gets the better of the knight. Not knowing what is happening at that vectored moment, the neko never had confidence the knight `could' win anyway.
All around the various elemental beings, as many have encoded song code flow through them, many have their elemental eyes fixated on either the code being sung, or the battle that is starting to go very badly for the knight. The bare showing moonlight imparts as parts of the concrete ground cracks, allowing magma elementals to gain contact with the upper surface! Keiichi sees this part, and gulps more than his throat can stand. "Those nature shows have nothing on this!" ...Velsper just shaking his tiny melon.
Imladris meanwhile in increasingly dire straits, blocks another series of vicious shots, as his mind grows further conflicted! For the moment, the Wraith Lord's focus is on the knight's weakening format. “- Defying Her Will is impossible! Your mind will become mine! -”
Imladris takes a split chance at this phrase, and snaps. In retort...“Will is `not' an absolute word!” ...and launches back in the moment of clarity he has, with a brutal flurry of side to side unto up and down parry slashes connect with Caceroth's reformed base blade! However the assault halts with a SHARP haze that hits the knight's mind with terrible effect! He loses complete balance from it, and is smacked across the face by the Wraith, leveling a hard gray `scar' in its wake, and another scar upon the concrete to the far right of the Wraith. “- Pathetic. -”
Just then, the goddesses and demons sing the last encodings of the fourth code ring. Everyone save Hild and Belldandy have to stop. Bell just imparts. “Good work so far everyone!” Peorth in weary kind. "This is so difficile." Skuld warbles out to raise spirits with. "But we're making progress, aren't we?"
Hardly. This is taking interminably too long!” Hild berates everyone upon. Mara just moans out, holding her head. “Easy for you to say Mistress.” ...this Hild casts a dour eye at.
Just then a VICIOUS sound slams through the air! All look as vicious sounding electricity enforced everyone else's attention! Lind gasps, as Imladris suddenly appears, as a crashing heap nearby, as a horrid screeching growl approaches. Keiichi sees, just as the knight manages to regain footing, sporting a dear number of spotted ashen scars now!
“He's not doing well.” Hild quips, this which garners a ferocious glare from Lind. Imladris however rises up, but then clutches his mind suddenly. Skuld looks and sees. “Oh no!
The Spirits all around see this, as the Wraith fully emerges unto the light of the Complexity aura. “- You are almost mine. There is no... -” ...then the Wraith stops and sees everything at last. The Wraith Lord is surprised how much information had been hidden or unknown, when he saw the Mandala being constructed, and the Abomination himself so close nearby! The wailing screech assaults all their hearing lobes, as Caceroth then hoarses out in grating tone. “- How extensive of foresight you all have become. Her Will is Insulted by this display!! -”
What do we do?!” Skuld yelps out, Mara just yells. “Shut up! Yelling won't help!” ... “Says you Mara!” Skuld just snaps back. Urd however imparts quickly. “Mara's right, we need to hurry and finish this!”
“- As if you will be `allowed' such luxury! -” Caceroth suddenly imparts, just as he begins to raise his hands. Keiichi almost summons Cool Mint on the spot, Blue Lance by Velsper almost on the same cue, but suddenly Imladris ROARS out. “Do NOT ignore me!” ...and shoves another spirit falcon assault, in conjunction with a brutal overslash!
Caceroth is caught off guard having to change focus, but catches the blade in proper mode! The Wraith screeches back... “- Indeed. To you I finish off `first'! -” ...and blasts a straight forward gray-bolt shot. Imladris spin leaps over the bolt but catches a shot in the right foot enough, catching him in pain enough to then be hit with a severe slam to his chest while still spinning around, Caceroth sending him smashing into a nearby raised potted garden ledge, hard enough to send pieces of debris flying everywhere.
“Oh this is mauvais!” Peorth decries. Caceroth then shifts around like a swirl of ash in a wind funnel. “- Now, where was I. -” ...and begins to look upwards.
Then all of a sudden, several Elementals and Genasi that already had code passed through them, suddenly attack the Wraith in large numbers, over thirty out of the very large number present now.
“: Get him! :” ...one of the Air Genasi snap out, the lot of them fully aware a great number of them had been siphoned by the Wraith to power his entire presence on the mortal plane. The screams of the victims of the elements reverberated in the anger of this massed assault, no matter what their power or station! Belldandy however sees this and yells... “NO DON'T!!
Caceroth makes of horrid example why, as he swipes a sudden wall of ash and power in a single action! The result is a literally wall of ash `spikes' that many of the Spirits are about to impact!
COOL and... ICE BEAM! / WIND OF WASP!!
Suddenly a dual power wave of an angel sponsored Ice Beam and familiar vein Demon Wind slams into the Wraith, catching it utterly off guard! As a result an outsized ash burst occurs as the Wraith screeches in great pain, the blast wave throwing all the attacking Spirits and Elementals away!
Everyone looks as Keiichi and Velsper both sport their acquired Angel / Tsukai pairing. Both are panting rather hard, having shoved their partners to the fore to make a last ditch attack to save everyone that was about to be elemental Swiss cheese! “Keiichi...?” Bell gasps, finally seeing him use the angel well for the first time with her own continence. Keiichi just stutters to Velsper... “N .... nice.... shot.” ... “Meow.”
Hild however notes the damage is only partial, but that Caceroth `is' bleeding ash dribbles from two very obvious wounds. Such is her increasingly impressed tone. “Well We'll be.”
Caceroth then sounds of screeching, livid fury, shattering more than a few windows in the area! “- How dare you harm me, you Abominations!!!! -” ...as Keiichi... “Ut oh.” ...and suddenly the Wraith snap-raises his warped hands for another manic assault, before he then has to turn suddenly as Imladris recovers back into the fight. “Works for me!” ...and makes good three hard clashing blows, one cutting slash that actually causes more damage to the Wraith's shell skin, and then a white Holia power bolt that catches the Wraith dead in the thing's chest! Skuld and Peorth cheer as Caceroth is driven back, just as Imladris leaps forth to attack in the moment of advantage.
One the Wraith has enough of allowing unto anyone at all, exampled in one sudden burst of raw Soulless POWER! “- FOOLS!!!! -” ...as suddenly a brick hard Ash wall is shoved at the knight, and slams him twice, before the knight crashes back to the ground hard! And `then', the wall is reformed into a swirling ash sphere, roiling in arcing purple-gray energon!
“- You fools.... -” ...this the watching hear with terror. “- ....you dare try to defy me, and have no knowledge of Her Will's `TRUE POWER!' -.”
Suddenly, the Wraith detonates the ash sphere, and causes the very ground to suddenly rip-gouge open along several gaping wounds of the living earth! Many of the Earth Genasi and Elementals collapse in pain as their Power Leylines are badly damaged, and all around, spews of ash suddenly gout out in torrent amounts!
The goddesses throw up shields around themselves, the Mandala Complexity and Keiichi and Velsper all the same, the demons throwing their own versions of only unto themselves! The typhoon level monsoon of ash however also swirls around the elementals, and suddenly begin to form Ash-clones all around everyone at once!
Seeing this occur, Peorth hollers. “WATCH OUT! They're the Soulless invaders!” ...this as Keiichi sees large numbers of ashen gray, dead undeath looking, ash-zombies appear, in the exact same mode as they did twenty years ago! Except this time, off the Wraith's monolithic tone.... “- And now my clones of Her Will's true power, will end this masochistic affair! You will all DIE! -”
Suddenly the elementals react, and attack the closest Soulless near them, as clones suddenly wordlessly start firing their damaging ash-code attacks, catching more than a few dead on, and killing them outright! Belldandy sees several head their way, and yells. “: SHIELD! :” ...as a barely erected double strength shield manages to stop the seemingly endless torrent of attacks! The other goddesses and demons manage enough of their own in shields and speed, to avoid being hit. Lind however has enough. “We have to stop them.” ...and then snap summons two separate axes and dives head hard and fast in, Spear Mint shooting out showers of ice blades as she suddenly attacks! Belldandy sees and yells... “LIND NO, WAIT!!
Caceroth for a moment looks at the utter chaos he just caused, as every last enemy of his sight and despising, all are fighting for their pathetic remaining lives. The ones already slain, he feels feed him partially, and only adds to the nightmare at hand.
Keiichi and Velsper for their part, just dodge and avoid attacks like crazy!JEEZE!” Keiichi yelps! “WATCH IT! WATCH IT!!” Velsper keeps yelling over and over, just before several various elemental type attacks burst several of the nearest clones apart!
Lind meanwhile spins and attacks with such fury, Elementals and Spirits have to dodge even, as large swaths of clones are cut down by the Valkyrie, Lind not even allowing the clones an inch! However she is only attacking at random, and not yet on focus. Not enough to keep mindful of Keiichi even at one near miss of an axe point! "Whoa! Watch it Lind!" ...this Lind realizes... "Sorry Keiichi!" ...but then continues her assault, heedless!
Imladris however is not as lost. As soon as the Soulless start appearing, he BURSTS a heavy flare aura and then finds the Nemesis, whom is already pivoted and waiting. Imladris leaps and attacks again, the two engaging unto a prolonged series of blade and energy attacks that push allies of either side apart, and easily remove more clones from the fray!
“- Your focus is lacking whelp! -” Caceroth quickly says early into this, as Imladris just roars and attacks again, his assaults parried too easily! This as he moves too predictably to the Wraith's own warped mind.
Hild above meanwhile realizes to a broken tone of... “This is pointless! We can't finish the Mandala with this distraction!” ...and prepares to unleash one HELL of a burst aura. Belldandy however yells. “NO! We can't ruin the Mandala!” Hild just yells back at the goddess! “Of what fool do you take Us for!? We can't finish it now! Everyone's utterly distracted just defending it!!”
Belldandy just imparts, her wind attacks from Holy Bell keeping the assaults at bay. “We must have faith that we `will' succeed! I for one know we still can, without fail!”
Hild just incredulously snaps back! “That's why We HATED that Overseeing blowhard! You and Him never could see the truth of what was in front you two! What does it take to make you two... -FLARE- ...accept reality for Darkness sakes!??!”
Belldandy however responds with a stone tone., not much like her normally demeanor. “I `have' accepted the present situation. But I do not remain as such in the next moment. Nor for the future to come, as 'we' all make of it.”
Hild gasps and for once, as `she' is caught speechless!
Just then the sound of a RIGHTEOUS roar slams through the air! Everyone snap-looks as suddenly, as the tone of... “I SAID YOU WON'T WIN CACEROTH!!!! THAT IS MY FOCUS!!” Just as an enormous power aura slams into the Wraith, with just as equal a focus as was the severe tone, delivered at the apex momentum blow, of a massive overhead leap slash! Caceroth however seems to catch it easily again!!!
Imladris blinks not understanding how it was stopped, when Caceroth suddenly imparts. “- And yet I `have' won. Always was my Word of Her Will unto THIS! -” ...and then shoves Imladris back with an apparent aura just as strong!
Impossible....!” ....a bewildered knight imparts, just as he has to suddenly catch an incoming swerves and attacks of all encompassing parries and thrusts! Just as Imladris seems at his wits end, and the 'wits' all but absorbed `again' at the mind of the Wraith, in comes an attack that saves him in a split moment! Caceroth never sees the dual slash of axes that cut the Wraith length and width wise. The severe screech as the Wraith has to retreat in a cloud of ash and bloodied pain! This Imladris sees of... “Lind?!
“I think we're even.” Lind steels in. “Never.” Imladris snap imparts, before he shoots past and rushes to catch the reforming Wraith. Lind however cuts down seven more zombies in one blow, and yells back. “Don't do it!!” ...her angel doing likewise as Imladris keeps unto his brutal intentions! He reaches and ends up clashing blades with seemingly nothing but empty are, before the Wraith Lord, this without the actual Caceri Blade being fully formed yet!
“- How limited you truly are! -” The Wraith lucidly retorts, after Caceri blade reforms, and in one vicious swipe, throws back Imladris in a hard skid of his armored feet! All for a split second later Imladris attacking again, not willing to give quarter despite being apparently outclassed. "And I still fight yet!” ...giving unto more vicious attacks everywhere he can upon Caceroth's moving blade!
Lind is just about to follow to lend assistance again, when suddenly the ground, the sky, the sea beyond, everything around starts shaking, vibrating, making sounds far greater than themselves than anything ever heard before. This save for the worst of the powers of nature in each approaching spectrum! The entire battleground shudders around everyone, making most free eyes look around! “Now what the hell!?” Velsper yells, digging claws into a yelping Keiichi.... “Besides the claws!?” ....and avoids another ash-zombie assault, just as Urd yells... “LOOK!
Imladris and Caceroth even stop for a split moment, as voice strikes towards the ocean. There a slow moving tidal wave-funnel of epic proportions begins to approach, more than sentient in movement! Lind however sees upon another direction... “To the North!” ...as a breach in the earth suddenly begins to spout a gout of living flame from the earth!
More eyes then see a dark mass of earth literally floating towards the area, and `then' a massive moonlit spiral of clouds, closing in from the south! Belldandy sees, as Hild gasps of voice. “So `that' is them, is it?!!”
The Fire Lord 'flame' swiftly begins to form into a solid monolithic `block' of living configuration. The approaching dark mass appears as a 'small' satellite mass of the Earth Lord, like a small anew lunar borne from the terra itself! The water mass begins `solidifying' parts of itself like a set of broken tier Tetris blocks with unknowable depth, and a swirl pool for a `mouth', unto the Water Lord. The Air Lord meanwhile begins forming like a majestic spiral galaxy shape that all but looks like a Typhoon in mass. Their voices are the utter roars of the nature that they utterly are!
The Great Fire Lord Primal. Earth Genius Loci Primal. Tsunami Eternus Water Primal. And Typhonic Elemental Air Lord Primal. `The' Great Lords of this Earth and Mortal Plane.
Incroyable!” Peorth exclaims, the Elementals and Genasi beginning to swirl around them, as Caceroth felt the severe ire of these supreme Spirits from the very essence of this World Plane. More than merely palatably at that.
“It's time!” ...Hild shouts, Belldandy turns and calls to the others. “We need to start the last Mandala rings!”
Caceroth however saw this and screeched!! “- REFUSED! -” ...and suddenly burst into a mass ash cloud again! Imladris seeing and giving chase and flare blasting his spirit falcon and angel slivers in unified attacks! Caceroth is enforced to return to deal with the knight for that critical moment! This allows Bell to shout down to Lind. “You must return to the sphere!”
But....?!” Lind for a split moment is split between two focuses of her own, as Imladris for the moment gets Caceroth's attention again with every last final bit of ability!
Hild shouts... “NOW GODDESS!!” ...this just as suddenly once `again' another set of powerful echoes stabs the very air! The celestials watch in shock again, as two `more' Great Spirits arrive, both sporting iconic symbology of the Two separate Realms, that the four Great Spirits maintain eternal Balance with.
The Elemental Light ala Holia, and Elemental Darkness unto Soth alike, both looking exactingly much like Intracellic and Nidhog standards of both System `cores'! Appearing from the moonlight in full aglow, and shadow beyond depth of perception, they both form at the polar ends of the Mandala Sphere, much to Caceroth's nigh ire!
Lind is forced in the next moment of this, to know `her' duty first, as Imladris hammers with continuing ineffectiveness on the seemingly invincible form of the Wraith!
Come on! The Spirits can protect us for this last part!” Skuld yells as Lind shoots up, but with two zombies on her tail! “Lind, BELOW YOU!” Urd yells, just as Lind turns in time to avoid something `else', as attacks from Cool Mint and Blue Lance stop the two ashen dead in midair! (Or some effect thereof.) Lind for a flatfooted once... “Wha?!
“We got em!” Keiichi yells, just as Velsper yelps, and has them both leap out of the way of more attacking ash-zombies! Lind fearfully looks at the battle below but is forced again by another voice. “LIND, GO!” ...as Imladris is shoved back, and Caceroth tries to break off after the sphere, but Imladris snap-attacks `again' to prevent! Lind stutters in her heart, but then shoots to finally reach the sphere Mandala Complexity. On snap arrival of Lind... “Hurry!” ...and the bunch try to keep focused on the next chord of song and code, as the Spirits below fight for the time needed to complete the Mandala! All around a literal elemental battle of the ages is taking place!
The exacerbating problem however comes, when Caceroth sees his chance to finish them all off is being wasted on this duel, one he `should' be finishing off with, unto the wretched knight! A vicious side slash is blocked by the weary knight, and stabbed in with.... “- I am through with dealing with you! -”

“I am `not'!” ...Imladris yells and pulse bursts another of his weakening spirit falcon attacks! Keiichi and Velsper also weaken greatly, as the more they use their angel partners to fend off attacks the elementals cannot stop, the more their incompatible bodies falter more and more. Above the new singing is the most complex moment of the entire Mandala, even Hild becoming strained at her allowed power level, as now the tone of the song changes, the new code shooting into and around all six Great Spirits, the code beginning to form engages the code of Soulless mode!
That which suddenly causes a LOUD screech, as Caceroth roars in disbelief! “- HER WILL!!! -” ...as he senses the Voluspa System being linked to! Finally the Wraith cannot hold back any more and breaks away from the duel to directly attack the Complexity, and the celestials with absolute murderous intent! “- HOW DARE YOU INFLUENCE HER WILL!!! -
Watch it!!!” Skuld yells, as the angels are forced to momentarily switch out of their singing, and tone out in a unified SOS signal that allows them to attack separately from the goddess mistresses, the goddesses too focused on the new song code to react in time themselves. Hild and Mara watch in dismay as... “NO! / We're screwed!” ...as Caceroth is nearly upon them.
Belldandy and Hild at that moment erect a last ditch combined shield, as Imladris shoots in with his last ditch spirit falcon, and Keiichi and Velsper attack at all reflexive action, all attacking and colliding energy all at once.
The titanic explosion that occurs knocks all but Belldandy and Hild out of place, as Imladris, the goddesses and demon Mara, and Keiichi/Velsper below, are blown into separate directions! The strength of the attack also damages parts of the already erected Mandala rings, a sight that Bell and Hild realize to their mutual horror. Hild screeches... “Bad! ALL BAD BAD BAD!!”
“Hold the Shield in place!” ...Belldandy snaps in desperation!
Even in the midst of the dissipating cascade of energon, Caceroth quickly reforms what is left of his mortal shell and gathers the ash that was blown everywhere, as Imladris feels his body badly bruised into incapacity for that moment, somewhere off near the Earth Genus Loci Lord! A moment later, the brazen winds of the explosion die down some, but the damage is done. Hild looks at the Mandala. “Blast it all to Our Realm!”
Belldandy yells yet again. “We have to repair it. We still cannot give up!”
Hild thinks Belldandy is insane at this point, for only a moment, as she then sees Caceroth. Such is her growl... “Agreed. For letting that thing win is a fools guarantee!" Meanwhile the other celestials gather themselves, but then hear a terrible voice from the ashen depths below.
Imladris struggles to rise, and sees Caceroth gathering his own ashen strength back to him once `again'!
“That thing is past miffing me off.” ...Keiichi quips from more off right from the gathered lot above.
The Wraith then stops his summoning of all available ash, and looks up at only one being. He sees the vessel of the wretched Present, and only `her'. The terror stricken moment starts as... “- To decapitate that which gives hope. -”
Imladris realizes about the moment everyone else does, just `as' Caceroth suddenly blasts into the air, right towards Belldandy!!! This Belldandy and Hild see and.... “WATCH......” ...before the split moment Hild sees Caceroth indeed arrive, and stares at Belldandy... one he `should' be attacking at that moment, as the other celestials prepare one massive attack.
Belldandy blinks in fear, as Caceroth suddenly `knows' how to break her much more resolutely. “- And you cannot save him. -”
Bell GASPS, as Caceroth already explodes downward, all the goddess angel and demon attacks shooting their spell attacks, into nothing of midair! Belldandy in horror screams down... “- KEIICHI!!!!!! -
The `actual' target suddenly sees the charge, far too fast for him to possibly imagine to avoid! The Caceri Blade about to ensure Her Will and Ragnarok all the same in one lethal blow! He reaches in severe split moment of time, and plunges the blade through, to the horror of them `all'!
Time in that moment freezes, as Keiichi sees blood splatter out, but not his own. A armored being in front of him, takes the full force of the impale without a hint of reservation. Caceroth looks at the actual target to take the blow, one that was meant for the Abomination, and sees with satisfaction....
“- Your fall is my moment at last!!! -”
Lind clutches at her face in exacting terror of the day of the Invasion, as the same horror is witnessed in her eyes for the second time! A knight beloved taking the sacrifice for others again! Imladris does not say of words, as Caceroth's ashen blade plunged completely into the abdomen left of the knight, blood spilling everywhere! The Wraith seeps his essence in hook again of the foolhardy Nemesis.
Just `then' however, Caceroth feels a deep stab of a blade in `his' abdomen, about the same area and deepening effect! A LOUD screech of pain, as Imladris feels his weapon pushed by another hand into the Wraith! All eyes see as Caceroth notes the glare of the mortal Abomination. Keiichi in turn yells with Velsper looking in demonic wrath. “YOU are the one to fall here PAL!
Imladris hears and knows it was `him' that did the apparent fatal blow, Imladris finding in his fleeting senses, finding great respect for the mortal for what had to be done. However this tone makes the Wraith screech ever the LOUDER. “- I'll scour you!!! -”
Imladris sees suddenly, a vicious dark gray energy pulse form in Caceroth's free hand, and realizes he going to use it on Keiichi! Belldandy sees this as well, as does Hild, as they both suddenly shoot twin bolts of akin celestial energy at the Wraith, as Keiichi sees the bolt incoming! Imladris reacts with `all' remaining strength, and shoves out his own energy laden hand of pure holy energy! The goddesses and Mara then shove their `own' blast of energy to variously attack Caceroth and protect Keiichi the same!
In all that split of a moment, Keiichi at the last moment is pulled away by Velsper and Blue Lance, as Cool Mint reactively throws up a ice shield all of her own, just as the bolts all meet in the same general vicinity. All of it all, in a split second of Caceroth's own destructive action!
The second contact of all this energy utterly devastates the air between Caceroth and Imladris, as Keiichi is dragged/blown clear of the energy wave that occurs! All the Elementals watching are actually blown back some by the power of the explosion, as the aura of pure energy and code blankets the entire Ocean Park!!
As this occurs, Keiichi is slowed down by the Angel/Tsukai pair, but then caught Belldandy who finally reacted for Keiichi's sake before he was blow clear into the ocean behind them. “BELL!?” ... “I got you!”
Above, Hild below manages to limit the new code damage, to the Swiss cheese looking Mandala. As she does, Mara rushes to block buffet the CEO from the blast wave, as the other goddesses ride out the blast. Lind above is too fearful to know what the result is.
One she would realize later, Lind wished she could actually witness in the mind. Caceroth is driven away into a spread out cloud of ash, seriously wounded, but already beginning to reform once more! This focus of reforming however causes the Wraith to not realize, a connection he had fermented for two decades, is broken.
At the center of the explosion, all the energy that results from it, actually is converted by the sentient armor into base energy. But more, the shockwave causes a long hoped for moment that couldn't have occurred `otherwise'. A lost soul feels his mind suddenly crack walls of stone gray blocks, locks of artificial make break and tumble, the mind suddenly begins to see crystalline thought and form. Feelings long since buried are blown clear to the mind's surface, a sudden burst of strength and serenity with it. It all occurs with the effect of separated crystal blocks, shimmering into energized, and locked place. Abilities held under gray key, shorn open to a mind that suddenly is filled with proper tactics to use of them. One in fact quickly used to empowered effect.
And in the addition, ancient, wonderful memories of all kinds activate, all feeling like innocence resurrected, clear and honest emotions rising forth, everything that a true knight is.
And now...
As everyone is recovering from the explosion, and the rest looking to see where Caceroth is, then realize that by the time the shockwave dissipates, a new glow suddenly begins to take shape within, this as Caceroth finishes reforming, afar from the rest of the lot. Everyone then watching sense without realizing it, that something just happened.
“- You all of wretched... -” ....Caceroth starts, but then freezes. He feels it more intently than even Lind could. “- Waiiiiit.... something... something is wrong. -”
“No.” A unexpected tone of voice that makes Lind above gasp. Caceroth looks over and sees a huddled over form, and sees... “- Impossible. No death can be avoided by ANY! -” The form glowing within the dissipating dust and crater created, looks up, and quips back. “Only if one had actually `died'.”
Caceroth confusion grows, until the armored form within stands, and two glowing hands of life infusing green aura can be seen. The Wraith sees with shock. “- Impossible!! -” ...just before a sudden burst of speed unforeseen within, slams at the Wraith and drives him back with formal physical pain induced. The screech is unexpectedly pain stricken sounding, in reaction!
Everyone is stunned to see not only is their knight alive and well, but moving faster than he had ever done so prior! Lind however suddenly remembers the last time she `did' see that kind of speed. The instigator of that attack, simply retorts back in a iron tone. “Nothing is impossible, for those that love life.” ...this as Imladris strides out of the whipped around debris cloud, his hands fading from their green glow. “I always did love the Lay on Hands power. The ultimate Pally cheat to victory!”
Caceroth screeches in a rage, and tries to sunder control of his mind again... and finds to `his' horror, he hath no control over Imladris anymore! No hook to be found to sunder!
“Having problems there sport?” Imladris snaps, has he then reaches into a belt loop, and finds a small glowing nut of blue energy. “I fear your empowerment corrupted over moi, is gone.” ...and bites into the tiny `fruit', and feels his energy magicks and reserves, all recharge in quick order. Caceroth realizes what just happened. “- You... somehow you broke free! Her Will... no... this is not possible before Death itself!! -”
Wow, you catch on quick. What, 'Her Will' is actually that blind?” ...Imladris retorts to rile the Wraith with, even more so!
Above, Lind gasps. “Did... did he just..?” ...as everyone else watches this holy shed moment. Keiichi and Velsper just watch on confused, as Hild above realizes... 'He got them back finally, about damn time.'

Caceroth in reaction, screeches in his most enraged tone, as Imladris feels his energy and enhancement levels peak out back to where they all should have been all along. A terrible funnel of sparking ashen energon forms around the livid Wraith Lord, as the Lord Knight in turn focuses his sword back from the ground, to his right sword hand.
The Wraith then literally burns his own blade back into physical presence of his warped hand. “- You STILL cannot defeat what is already written! HER WILL IS ABSOLUTE!! -” ...and the Wraith charges at full power! Imladris just holds position, feeling for a split moment the last time he did feel free, unhindered thoughts, and sees with his own true eyes everything and everyone around him.
All of his ancient training comes to the fore, as he waits for Caceroth to draw in close. He quickly notes above the shocked face of the one goddess he wanted to remember above all others. And now was the time to repay them all back for all they did for him, of good `and' ill alike. He remembered now, `both' lives, he remembered everything that mattered to him. And he remembered who it was that took it all away.
The one just about to reach his swing zone of his sword reach. The one who garnered all of his wrath! “- AS IS YOUR DEATH!! -”
Imladris heard this on the up close, and suddenly snap-drew back, as if time was at his bid and call to slow at this moment of whim.... “And yet....” ...and channeled his power to his free left hand, and then SHOVES it forth at snap fury. “....you still cannot SEE!!!
Caceroth then is hit with a TITANIC beam of holy energy, so caught off guard by this, that the Wraith loses control of his ash medium power for a moment, and is blown clear away off to the ocean side ledge! The potent beam, twice the height and width of the knight, a powerful ring pulse echoing our from his attacking hand, does no damage to anything else whatsoever! Everyone just adds to their layering shock as Imladris yells out... “I remember it all!! EVERYTHING!!!
“Holy cow!!” Skuld yelps, as Keiichi and Bell watch with awe! And then, as Caceroth begins to rise and reassert control of his powers, Imladris suddenly SHOOTS in and at blazing speed overhand slams his blade unto Caceroth's! The Wraith is then subjected to a complete flurry of bewildering attacks, slashes and parries that blanch the Wraith as never before! As such as how the tide utterly changes!
“Jeeze! Is that the same guy!?” Velsper yelps, as Belldandy suddenly losses clutch of Keiichi. “We have our chance again!” Keiichi and Velsper look up, as the Present goddess reaches Lind. “Come on, it's time to finish all of this.”
Right.” Lind suddenly snaps back in equal confidence.
Strangely, (relatively) unmoving all this time, the Great Spirits still maintain position, as the goddesses and demons reform into position, and without further word, begin to sing a quick restoration sonnet chord, to undo the damage to the active Mandala rings. As they do this, the spatial nexus begins to quickly regain strength.
All this meanwhile the Wraith is blanching at the utter force of attacks the Knight Lord is delivering! Imladris also immediately dictates where the combat occurs, and in quick enough fact, every facet of the fight! This as Keiichi and Velsper watch Imladris fluidly enforce his first combat patterns, upon a suddenly incapable Wraith, skill or nor!
As the song cascades back upon on-high again, Keiichi sees Imladris suddenly reform his single blade into a gargantuan double blade that makes him think of some angelic version of the Ultimal Weapon pictures he once looked at in a game book, both blades in fact! He then smirks about the same unknowing quirk that Velsper does. “Blow that fiend away dude.” ...he whispers out, as Knight pounds away at his Nemesis without fail or fallacy.
Caceroth on his end, hears the locational code of Voluspa being sung again, but this time cannot even breach his form to escape the knight, to interfere again! Formal panic begins to flood into his twisted mind, as every attack is beaten back, and with far more force than the Wraith even remembered from the last time the two truly battled.
On above, the song of the locational code for the Soulless network begins flowing through now, the Great Spirits themselves, as now Intracel and Nidhog alike begin acting as portals for the code to act through. And this time the focus has no zombie assailants to stop them. The last were defeated by the Spirits, and with Imladris's sudden assaults taking effect, control over the ashen clones is sundered.
Caceroth is backed into the corner with no escape.
Now who is the one who has `won'?! Tis not you of wasted sight, is it?!” Imladris snaps, as he crushes a double swung thrust, leapt into a downward smash, into the balking Wraith! Caceroth screeches back with a barely parried back swing slash of wrathful power! “- Nor have you yet! -”
“Your emotions betray you now!” Imladris yells even harder in turn, and catches easily a blade slash Caceroth makes! "Impotent scum!!" ...to counter with a sudden seven-hundred and twenty degree, supreme arcing blade slash that gouged the Wraith, and ground in impossible otherwise torrents! (The Earth Spirits feeling that one, just roar in rage for Imladris to continue heedless!)
As Imladris starts to overwhelm Caceroth all over the Ocean Park grounds, the tone above Keiichi and Velsper suddenly changes into a high pitch mix of almost non-music like shifting tones. The Angels amongst the goddesses suddenly have their own elemental powers converted into a specialized focusing key code, as the last Mandala rings almost finish forming. Keiichi and Velsper hold their breath, as Caceroth realizes with a wail of horror. This as the last code segments fall into place!
The last sonnets chime from the celestials, and literally shimmer into place. Belldandy snaps open her eyes. “We did it!
Caceroth is pinned down by an incredible overhand blade slam, and sees this occur. “- NAY!!!!!! -” ...and finally rushes into burst cloud form, as Imladris looks up, and does nothing in kind. He formally knows better, and suddenly as the Mandala starts to activate, Caceroth suddenly screeches in a painful wail that shatters the glass for kilometers around! It even cracks and fizzles the concrete, and viciously vibrates the very water beyond. Imladris smirks as the Mandala fully activates. “Good work.” ...in an calm, open tone. An offending ash-clone nearby suddenly falls in an ashen sheen., the same for all the rest of the ash-clone 'army'.
Of catalyst assistance in fact.
-----------------
"The Voluspa Network is open! We have access!!" Ere snaps out! The Controllers, and in fact every goddess in the Hub, all hear from the on present Administrator. "Sever the code routines to the Lord Wraith! Cominciare!" ...this Phosus beside her clenches at her own hand in witnessing!
The white maned goddess of pure white is obeyed with all heed, as the Operators reflexively engage the Severing Program, prepared on command of the One above them. As they do so, the sight of Intracel's core 'tree' unit, suddenly shimmers between gold and gray of phasing light patterns. However the warbling light quickly shimmers to a 'stop' point, where on reaching...
"Severing Firewall commencing!" Ex announces.
-----------------
"Cascade the Program code unto his Oblivion!" ...this the sound of the 'nominal' CEO of height, commands of Her end of the Nidhog System Network. Demon controllers race on their own to match the effect of the Intracel side of the 'same' Program. Such a rare moment two System work in direct concert!
Such that when a dire bell toll-gong sounds, one throughout all of Hell, the same as Heaven in that exacting moment.
"Vengeance is at hand, Seer Bitch!" Hild seethes in ancient satisfaction at hand!
-----------------
The Mandala becomes the Protocol node for both Intracel and Nidhog to finally locate the Nodes for the Voluspa Network, set specifically for command access that allows the transfer of energy and authorization of powers from the Soulless Seer, to her Champion.
The nexus vortex firewall of the Sever Program within, acts on so many levels of subspace, it then assaults the empowering apparatus Caceroth was using. When the Systems gain access to critical node, they then begin Severing the majority base powers of the Wraith, without fail!
Caceroth reacts as if his body was being torn apart from within! It was not just metaphor beyond senses however, the ash literally was being stripped away from all around his body, as it made purple static sparks all around his decaying shell. Imladris watched and waited, as the severing of the power base was a fulfilling sight to behold. The 'kid' sized Hild just yelled from above at this. “There's more than 'one' Will here now bastard!”
Everyone however then saw as Caceroth did try to fight through his agony, and screamed out with arms and arm wrenched high... “- I WILL NOT FAIL HER WILL!!! -”
He moved at the goddesses (again), and (AGAIN) had a vengeful Lord Knight `right' in his agonized facade!
Imladris flat out snarls in direct facade... “You still are more blind than you `know'!” ...and counters with a mammoth Spirit Falcon energy attack that crashes Caceroth back below, and into a new universe of agony, this added unto his wailing suffering! Despite the anew blast of debris, Peorth comments on clear enough sight... “The Firewall is working! Certainement!” ...this before Imladris leaps up in front of the celestial gathered, Lind getting another up close look at such a level of confident wrath.
“How long does it take?!” Skuld just yelps, just as Belldandy calmly responds in turn. “It doesn't matter now. He's growing powerless by the second. Just watch.” ...of this Hild beams a most evil smile to the same mode. Lind of them all of note, watch with a different tone of satisfaction. “And now `Imladris' can gain Vengeance at last.”
Belldandy however comments to this. “Then you do not know him as well as you think.” ...this Lind blinks, just as the Mandala CLANGS a loud bell gong tone all of a sudden. Urd turns and looks. "They found it! Intracel..." ... "...and Nidhog." Hild 'amends', to a shocked look from Urd alone. (Peorth's is just as dumbfounded.)
Imladris hears the bell toll, and takes utter advantage, roaring in open vented war fury in his fists and sword, this to a terminal intended impact! Caceroth suddenly feels his mind snap into a cold emotion he never felt before. Sorrow. Endless sorrow. It swamps his undeath soul, as Imladris slams home his assault.
": Title Commandment, unto thee at the End of Wrath at Armageddon. To the rage of Eternity unto my Fist!! :"
A sudden flickering of white light makes the goddesses, mortal, Spirits, and Demons alike, shield their eyes, as Imladris makes good use of his Title Powers, as he brings forth a portion of actual Elemental Positive energy with his assault. The last shriek of horrendous pain at this strike, snaps the bonds of the link between Voluspa and her Champion. At this, the knight flips back, as the damage done takes final effect. Imladris lands a short distance away, as ash suddenly spouts in dissipating gouts, writhing in jerking motions over and over along, with the terrible echoing screams, until it all suddenly stops. For a terribly long moment of waiting...
Keiichi looks on with agape mouth, as the last ash floats off, wisps of undeath energy fading with it. However soon enough, Imladris is the first to gasp, at the sight of the remains, ones that actually still subsist! Worse, the sight of...
Peorth... “Logiquement impossible!”
...movement. A warped armor gauntlet is the first to do this, worse of the remainder as Caceroth actually manages to sit up, then roll over to a doubled over position.
“But how?” Mara snaps, just as Hild smirks with hand held up at Mara. “It matters not. The shell and the soul are not the powers all in of themselves. However the shell cannot last much longer now, without it's Seer induced crutches.”
Lind watches intently, as Imladris sees Caceroth stumble to a barely managed stance. Despite the lack of formal ash, there was far too much of 'Caceroth to the eye to treat the Wraith any less resolutely. Imladris just held his weapon, fluid reforming it into a basic katana format, to his level right side.
Caceroth just glares with all too noticeable `mortal shell' corneas of glowing gray. He (somehow) seethes out in enough wraith vocalization... “- I still am `not' defeated. I still have enough individual power to kill `you'. -”
Imladris just raises his blade on high at the ready. “And `this' individual, is going to kick your arse.”
Caceroth reacts by blindly charging with sudden unwholesome fury! Imladris hop-shoots forth and takes the incoming charge, far more elegantly than his foe. Even the Spirits closest shoot away, as both blades clash with characteristic flare and sparks. A locked moment of vicious Kensei, as Caceroth wildly swings his blade with anger in full voice.
Imladris blocks and then makes two counter parries. Caceroth tries quickly flipping to the knight's rear, but is easily blocked, and then shoved to a hard backside landing. Imladris then leaping and clashes away a wild upward swing, and presses a hard overslash!
Slow.” ...Imladris snaps, before he obligingly takes a leaping side slash the Wraith attacks in a rage with!
Above Lind sees and suddenly yells to the misplaced amusement of the goddesses and demon Mara. "Kick his arse!!" Hild just remains neutral, as her part is essentially over with. Keiichi and Velsper however both make with fist pumping cheers (with neko paws even for the latter) as Cool Mint and Blue Lance do the same in simult. “Common! Kick his butt!” Keiichi snaps out, just as Imladris flip bounds out of the way of a vicious under arc slash, landing to take a swung around blade shot.
The knight shoves the wraith blade off, and both circle each other for a moment. Just then Caceroth snaps several viciously fast slashes that Imladris blunts and parries, suddenly finding the Wraith is using all what it has left! So much so, the Wraith breaks rotting, dying chunks of skin and body matter all over, under the brutal assaults taken, furthered under the tattered armor and equally rotted dark cloth. The chunks that drop off fall into ash immediately, creating a strange pall between the two.
And still the wraith attacks! “- YOU WILL DIE WITH ME!!!! -” ...just before he is simply punched, breaking a large mass of dead tissue, baring dead bone underneath. “Oh shut up!
Everyone gasps with growing reservation, as Caceroth manages the hardest attack he has left, and shoves a distracting blade parry, and follows with a shoved forth concentration of reserve dark gray electrical energon! Imladris mirrors the same attack and shoves forward as equal a level of Holia energy to defeat the attack itself!
For a split second, the two are locked in their mutual attack, before suddenly the force of both attacks shove both back! The result however all but ruins what is left of the Wraith's body, as Imladris flips over and lands in a kneeled crouch. “Sodden fool.” ....the mortal knight imparts, looking up on landing, as Caceroth collapses into a nearly unrecognizable heap. Other than his pure powers of literal hatred and last reserves of the soul, the full demise to the undeath is at hand. The sight of the almost barren bone husk of the wraith is all but too much for the goddesses, save Lind, to take. Skuld alone just braces into Urd's own shaking arms. "Mommy." ...this before both look further anyway. Mara barely can look, Hild with exacting interest. This the CEO hears... "This is for Gaea." ..from a rather peeved sounding rose goddess.
A hoarse gasp of whatever accounts for breath, then wheezes out from the dying, for truth in certain, Wraith shell. Imladris has enough and strides over, blade held at chest level and positioned behind. He slowly approaches and notes the Wraith tilt it's broken head. The knight sees the still moving remains then react, and catch the last vented swing of the Caceri blade, this Imladris his blade upon twirls it, and then slashes and cuts the blade hilt, dead through!
Caceri blade clanks to the ground before bursting into ash, as Caceroth falls of severed right hand, and hoarsens out a yell that makes all the celestials look away for split moment! And then Caceroth looks with decaying eyes at the blade pointed at him.
“You're beaten.”
Gasping with what anger it can fuel itself with left, the wraith gasps out... “- N......ne.... ever.... H.... her...... W.... ill.... -”
Imladris steels out in iconic manner. “'Her Will' is the same as the Almighty's grandiose own. Both saw the same to come, and your level of detail is only as proper as my own. You only won your demise, and our `own' victory' in your stead. Your Invasion falls here, now!”
Caceroth tries to trust up, but his pushing left arm breaks, and he falls in a heap. The others starting to cheering on this moment, gasp again, as Imladris shakes his head, and hefts his blade to apparently finish this all for good. Caceroth actually feels true fear for real, for the first time, as the morphemic blade strikes down.
And slams just to the side his decaying skull. Caceroth sees with what is left of his fading corneas, and notes as Imladris looks down. “And now compassion is your punishment. There is no honor in death for the likes of you.” ...and then retracting the blade huskily from the stab point.
Lind above gasps, realizing what Belldandy meant, as Caceroth finally collapses. Imladris steps back, the task finally done.
Keiichi afar looks agape, as does all the nominal spirits. “Is.... is that it?” ...said, all too aware of it meaning his own life is now safe, the wash of relief flooding through him. He of the watching isn't the `only' one, save a certain CEO. (Though in fact, enough of her own, just hidden better.)
-----------------
The flood of satisfaction, relief, and jittered uncertainty of disbelief in waiting to know of confirmation, floods the Hub, and 'all' of Heaven. Of one Admin watching, and shuddering in witnessing, sees the Operators looks around blankly, as the Admin feels her Angel of white attested purity, grasp her own shoulders from behind, this even despite while sitting. Phosus for her part was just wrapped in her own arms watching.
She just sighed a decent smirk. "He did it. He Salvato us all."
The thought of the same in Nidhog, is of another vein however, one just as focused, but different in planned intent. All of which suddenly stab back to cold reality, when a screeching warble overcomes all celestial senses! Chrono suddenly snaps out... "We're under viral attack!!"
The Admin lunges forward, her Angel clutching her shoulders in fear, when she hears. ": Sever the Voluspa Network feed now! :" ...as the grave Almighty command is heard in Both tenth-dimensional Realms! The Admin yelps. "Do it!!"
"Done!" ...all three Operators, and over three quarters of the Hub crew of goddesses, all snap out at once! However the next sight to the Admin, upon the holographic screen. "Non! She's going to..." ...and feared for a knight's very life! One that 'just' reemerged! She screeched! "Imladris!!"
-----------------
Just `then', as everyone looks on, movement off their sight suddenly notes in tone... “The Mandala!!!” ...as Skuld sees the Mandala Complexity suddenly shove forth of its own volition!! Hild and Belldandy see to their utter shock. “It's Voluspa HERSELF!!” ...Hild shouts, as the Mandala blasts dead at Imladris and Caceroth's ruins! Lind sees and SHOOTS forth as the goddesses yell in unison. “WATCH OUT!!!!
Imladris spins around and sees. “Holy fricken light!!” ...just before Lind suddenly reaches him using her Ougon no Hitomi and pushes them both out of the way! This just as the Mandala crashes into the ruined carcass of the Wraith Lord. Everyone dives everywhere, as the Mandala energy washes in the final explosion of all elements combined, absolutely ROCKING the countryside with total force! This alone causes its own earthquake that shatters through the area for a few sharp moments, as everyone scatters, the Spirits protecting their Great Lords dearly!
Imladris and Lind land in a heap as the explosion suddenly `implodes' unto itself, as Imladris sees in time and throws his body over Lind and Spear Mint both! Everyone else just steers clear, as Bell and Holy Bell carry Keiichi and a claw holding Velsper at the pants legs, away from the vast implosion!
“YeoeoeowowowowoWOW!?!?” Keiichi and Velsper just scream over and over in the `same' tone, as everyone, including Hild herself backs off! However the explosion turns into implosion, and quickly starts to die down as momentum falls into the short Undeathed portal orifice. All of the energy going with it, before the vast suction induced winds fade off sharply. The energy quickly absorbed within, becoming all of inert, as it enters the implosion node, and desiccated. The last act of the Mandala itself however, engages to destroy all of the code after it functioned, took to effect to prevent code from falling into Soulless clutches! A tenth-dimensional paper shredder, to be certain.
This all completing for the most part, the final act of this affair.
Soon after, the winds do finally die down, and everyone sees in plain light of moon and elemental fire, the massive crater that formed from the impact. Lind eventually realizes the armored form over her and her angel, as Imladris senses the damage at an end. A mood of victory becomes over all of the mutual lot, in rewarded short order.
Above the ruinous carnage of result, Skuld sees the damage from the battle, and all else combined caused, and quips. “Uhboy, we made a nice mess tonight.”
Urd and just stretches and quips. “Well I'm satisfied.” ...this Skuld and Nobel Scarlet rolls their eyes at, as Peorth just quips back dryly. “Non drôle. Always with the same with ye.” ...with Gorgeous Rose shaking her head. Urd and World of Elegance just beam at all the `fun' that took place. Mara just sighs and groans. “I'm tired. This sucks.”
Hild just neutrally looks over and sees Keiichi in Bell-goddess/angel arms, his own temporary angel companion of the moment still present for the moment. A nice blush on his face as they all celebrate in their own way, this as Velsper hangs on for dear life upon Keiichi's Celestine-themed cloak hem lining, this just makes Hild want to...
And then the kid-CEO looks over, and sees the champion of the hour finally rise, a good amount of debris falling off his strong back, as he rises and then helps Lind up. The knight comments with a `far' more normal tone. “Uh. sorry. Did I hurt you?”
Lind just beams a `very' innocent smile at him. “I am most unharmed.... now.”
Imladris just blinks and then rubs the back of his head in a long since unused blush of pure heart. Lind then comments happily. “You did it.”
Imladris however looks back at her, and quickly corrects. “We did it. All of us. We all won this battle. And now you all are free.”
Lind just smiles again softly and nods.
`Now' Hild wants to puke. Still, she does know now what to use her `charity' clause upon. Her mind runs unto its ancient circles once more. This as everyone celebrates the end of one `very' hard week. All in their own unique and comical ways.
All from the heart.
--------------------
Chrono slumped her back hard into her seat. She wasn't the only one. In either System at that. “By the eternal, did all that `just' happen?”
Ere looked over at her equal number of many eons, of apparent, as Chrono looked ready for a vacation again. Ex however sighed and quipped. “I think I'm ready for boring duties again.” ...this Ere just commented. “We need to ensure the mainframe wasn't damaged goddesses, we `did' just deal with a Level Alpha Protocol sequence.”
Chrono just whines. “But I'm tired. Two major incidents in two cycle months. Nevermind all that stuff I did down on that Plane. I need a break!” ...this Ex just giggles and chides lightly. “Now now, the work still must be done.”
Ere just comments to whit. “Good thing this job has excellent dental.”
The three giggle as above them, the current Administrator hears another beside her, folds her own Valkyrian arms, and sighs a great breath of relief.
“He finally did it.” ...as Phosus sports a great sigh of relief, mixed in with pride of her student's long awaited accomplishment. She looks back up at the glowing translucent holotube of purple-pink and violet-white, at the tenth dimensional representation of the battlefield everyone in Intracel was transfixed upon, literally a few moments after the Mandala was constructed. Detail was a bit sketchy from this `distance', but more than enough of the obvious was noted, for everyone in the Hub to be transfixed around their consoles.
The battle became one marveled moment in Heaven. Witnessed by `all' in Heaven. The same of Hell inclusion. The battle where an Invasion 'finally' was ended of proper. Phosus then smirked as goddesses around the Hub interior were gabbing at high-speed definition.
"You all did your job well, unto the Wish." ...this the white flowing haired admin looked over. Phosus nodded. "In so much as 'he' earned the final victory." ...this put with an unexpected longing, upon her brow. The Admin saw this, and felt exactly the same in turn. The said same ever since she remembered the days of her administering the First Class equivalency test, unto the mortal of mutual note. However, both then realize fully, the 'next' reward to come. One mutual of hope to come, unto the loving plead of Heaven.
Such that Eihwa remarked in serene longing... "And now..."
--------------------
'- Apparently it is all over. The tectonic activity that has been wracking the country finally subsided last night just around one a.m., leaving behind only minor damage and few reports of injuries. Fuji has apparently gone back into dormancy, and surrounding countries no longer report problems. Damage however was most extensive apparently at the Okitsu Port, the ocean park being constructed there suffering extensive damage.
-Above helicopter shots of the ruined Ocean Park grounds, glass, concrete and other debris scattered all `over' the place. A huge crater that is melted even, is gouged right to the underlying bedrock.-
Local officials are baffled as to how the damage became so extensive here, and local estimates place the damage in the hundreds of millions of Yen. Meanwhile reports of odd activity and strange sightings are being reported by the local area residents, however most is being attributed to the shock and stress of the unprecedented tectonic activity.
Meanwhile today, the nation begins to recover, and life returns to normal. This reminder of what almost was, serves to keep what is important in mind always.
And in other news, the most likely suspect in the bombings in Hong Kong earlier this week has been traced down to a one... -'
--------------------
-New beginning, affirm of the old.-
The sky began to break the first glow of the new dawn, of a wanted new day. Already one was presently awake to greet the sun, one finally done with true peace of heart. The light caressed and surrounded him, absorbing it with a first warmth that was comforting. It passed through his plain shirt and sweats of apparent, and absorbed with most welcome inducement of a smile. A good tear of pure came bidden along with.
It helped allay the previous night, discomfort made from Hild apparently imparting her `charity' was to have a price after all, and that the so called `alliance' was well and truly over. The fact eye was laden on him, not Keiichi this time, made Imladris quiver a good bit.
Memory then took over, but not to immediate effect wanted, as a newly remembering Knight Lord saw Lind and Keiichi together, as Cool Mint was transferred back `home', at this Imladris actually felt a touch reserved for the remainder of the eve. Even after Lind seemed more open to him, it suddenly seemed Lind had reserved this course without warning. The other goddesses were a bit wary of approach of Imladris's unique, and uneasy nature, in great part of attribute to the call of fatigue. They celebrated what they could, but the night had been very long and words meant did not find meaning. For once, Imladris even was too utterly worn out to consider more. All else fell to sleeping shadows, ones that were finally comforting and relaxed.
It was here then that mortal knight stood, as the next set of eyes emerged from the residence, as so called `Lord' Keiichi, by the current resident knight, emerged and watched Imladris drink in the solar light of the sun, with in fact real corporeal intent. To Keiichi at least, seeing a true and honest knight of mode was apparently refreshing at the very least.
'It is a change from all the goddesses, to be sure.' ...he readily thought.
For a short time, Imladris stood at the open pathway, just meditating the new energy in. Hearing the world for truth of mind for the first time in his Second Life. It was very pleasant a moment that was remitted with one lonely realization. Keiichi watching though just wondered what kind of guy the knightly dude was like. This Keiichi decided to find out, as he stepped forth after slipping some plain slipper shoes on. He walked up and came up to Imladris's right. This the knight felt of presence without any annoyance.
Keiichi found however he had trouble starting the ice breaker... `Um... er....” ...this Imladris recognized in a bit of himself, now that he can realize such honestly again. “A good morn to you Milord Keiichi Morisato.” ...he puts with quite a healthy tone of respect for, this Keiichi just stutters back. “Ah... um... just Keiichi, kay? And same to you.”
Imladris just snickers, making Keiichi wonder, as the knight relaxes his stance and starts to stretch. “If you so say. My upbringing pretty much intends respect where I am bidden to give. Still the title is optional, but yours nonetheless.”
Keiichi just chuckles and shrugs, before looking at the sunrise. “Looks like this will be a nice day.”
Imladris nods, and then realizes something and looks away. Keiichi for a moment misses this, but then hears a sigh from the knight and looks over. “You okay?”
Imladris for a moment wonders, raises his head back, and then voices in consideration of his own thoughts. “I suspect this will be my last sunrise of this world to come, now that my task is done. The first my mind could enjoy it all, the first on any world for some time.”
Keiichi just smiles. “At least you can enjoy this one. Guessing you deserved that much.” ...he tried to put, realizing all the bloke had gone through. Imladris just laughed and then looked back sidelong at Keiichi. “Aye. My betrayed emotions probably need this at the very least”
Keiichi just smiles, but then asks. “Does this mean you will be returning to... um?” ...not certain he wants to believe, until Imladris imparts with a nod. “Aye, indeed. My return to Heaven is likely. I was here to protect you all and defeat my Nemesis. My presence here is no longer required.”
“Guess Lind will be happy to hear that.” Keiichi puts out, trying to be considerate in this vein. Imladris however shudders a split moment, and looks away for certain this time from Keiichi. “Um... I... maybe.”
Keiichi cocks an eye, and doesn't fully understand. “Don't you two...?” ...this as a thick sigh comes from the mortal knight. Keiichi wonders and then refrains from prying more. A moment of uneasy silence passes, before Imladris professes. “I know the history of this place. Your relationships here. Almighty's knowledge of this all is quite extensive, as much of you, as of everyone here. You are indeed loved by all the goddesses here.” ...this Keiichi hears and blushes, looking away with a head rub. “Well I guess they just mean a lot to me nowadays.”
Imladris nods, confirming unto himself what he suspected. He just imparts. “Please take care of them all for me. You all deserve happiness with each other. Such is my hope and prayer.” ...this next Keiichi hears and blinks in confusion. “Huh?” ...just before Imladris turns and heads to walk alone somewhere else on the grounds. This leaves Keiichi in continuing confusion, wondering what that all meant.
Another looking on from another vantage point starts to realize first however.
--------------------
Chibi-Mara just moans over and over. “My head still hurts. When are we going to leave this place? I want my demon milky-wilky.” ...etc... etc... as Hild just ignores her. Her encoded eyes are however not the ones that was of the other vantage point. Her own however note the mistakes a heart can make, as Keiichi notes the knight trail out of sight. Hild however can see the knight trail off around the side, and to the rear of the residence. As he does, he seems more and more self admonishing, before he stops and just nods.
Chibi-Hild sighs and wonders... “How can this one cut himself so deep, in such needless ways? And yet still things last night come to the fore.” ...she then smirks. “How well my `charity' may come of fruit then.” ...this as she formally knew what was of long term apparent here, at stake here for the knight. Far more to history, unsaid, and such Hild planned to mold in her own fashion.
Mara meanwhile just moans again behind her, such Hild just ignores her again.
--------------------
By now, the light had bidden awake all of the celestial residents. Keiichi returned to a beaming Belldandy and more nominal side crop of goddesses. “How are you feeling today Keiichi dear?” ...a said beaming First Class goddess asks. Keiichi just remarks. “I'm great Belldandy. Good to see everyone looks okay.”
“Looks and feels, are two big fat different things K-boy.” ...this Urd sighs, her head, arms, body, even places she never knew a goddess could have, were sore. Keiichi just smirks, as Peorth just floats, looking like she has a hangover... “Mon dieu, mon corps céleste est faire souffrir.”
Bell and Kei just giggle, as Skuld enters with her own whiny moan at high pitch. Keiichi however counts one of their number missing. “Where's Lind?”
Belldandy looks around, then up. “Up on the Temple roof again.” ...Keiichi blinks, and then hears from Urd. “I think she got up, just after you and that knight did.” ...this Keiichi nods, and then comments... “He said something funny to me just a bit ago.”
“What was it?” Bell asks. Keiichi is just about to answer, when the phone suddenly starts ringing. Keiichi looks back and quips... “Who's that? Chihiro?”
Belldandy however looks with a more reserved tone. “No. I suspect...” And off of cue then heads to, and picks up the phone receiver, as everyone else looks on. “Yes? AH!? Your Eminence!” ...this the lot of the goddesses present gasp at, Keiichi in comic reflex alike. Belldandy listens for a moment, and nods. “Of course Father, I understand.” ...she then looks at the others. “Where is Lord Imladris?”
The other goddesses look on blankly, as Keiichi suddenly yelps and scrambles wackily outside! “I'll get em! YO, GOLD DUDE!!!
Lind hears all this, sees K1 anime-skedaddle out, and looks with a curious look.
--------------------
-Of fermenting beyond sanity's notice.-
The ashen-ethereal 'halls' writhed of gray bodies, ones that damned the fates that they ever damned, ever since the moment of their deaths. Some had done so for a few hours, other days, still other nearby years. Some had been writhing the same torrent of wails and screams for eons now. Some were even of the nigh beginning of time, others that saw time end and begin again, such was their eternal damnation of soullessness. The timelessness of their existence, even worse unto the knowledge of their torment.
And one still beheld of the original Crime, of the All unto Her. One that held a strange form of compassion, unto this singular moment. As the hoarse screeches continued endlessly around her fermenting Hate, She cradled the remains of Her inert kin. A singular moment of compassion for a being, one that commands such total emotionless Hate.
It had been her intent to take with that last assault, the life of the one that had ruined Her Champion. But here in this gray zone of existence, now hidden again for the present, from the sight and knowledge of all but a few explicit Beings, the Seer of the Soulless cradles her Champion, her chosen Minion, her chosen commander of the Soulless... her own Son without fail.
Voluspa may have been denied the chance to take out the murderer of Her Son of Will, but she still got him back. With time, he would be revived. This soulless evil that lived on the endless wails of the untold suffering. Her network was still unchallenged, and She learned better of Her own Total knowledge.
“: - My dear Son. My commanding Champion. I will assure they all pay. My Will already sees it Done. As is all that is Written. All by both of our Hands the next time, as is Also Written. This time, a vein written upon the very solars, where the Crime rules too far over all!
I swear our Vengeance, will yet come. The Day of the Seven approaches, as will catalyst all Time Written unto Accord. But prior, the days of Fermenting, will come of Auspice, and of minions, all to write unto too many a page to turn, to prepare for. Of many assaults, will come. Of them all, each a step closer to My Will's final Victory! - :” ....her infinitely wailing Voice clamored at the pain and screeching of all the Soulless she ruled infinitely over. All in return was more of the endless same. One day all a History would become of make, and such She already saw it Done.
All there was in between, was time incarnate.
All there was, was Hate.
--------------------
-And at Titled hand...-
He beheld the strange looking device to his ear, never having seen a modern phone of this plane before. This as Imladris took the device gingerly, knowing whom was on the other end. The goddesses and mortal looked on, save Lind once more, as the knight placed the device to his head in the correct mode, (it took a good try at that,) and gulp-started... “Knight Imladris reporting, Your Essence.”
Keiichi blinked, seeing of another person actually talking to Him, and not the goddesses for once. The goddesses themselves, or present, just looked on nervously, as Imladris heard back.. “- : It is well you are to receive my Voice. : -” ...this the knight gulps at, as the goddesses can hear clearly. Keiichi just wishes he could understand, this time for once. (He already used up his one Wish as it was.)
Imladris nods. “Agreeable to be honored, to be asked for.” Imladris just puts back. Peorth just snickers, but Urd hushes her.
“- : Of unto the matter at hand. : -”
Imladris on his end, shuddered. He knew this was all coming.
--------------------
Three Councilors watched on their end, in presence, and two Lower silenced by prior imposing tone of the War Master councilor of former. Not that a Valkyrian mother and father could object anyway, of which in fact, they had ample reason to be joyous. They knew as much as the landscape populace of Heaven, of what was coming. A Sister elsewhere on XO duty, was already waiting to sew more of the same, into the eternal Angelvine, as only what was coming, was allying there.
On the other end, the Effidice listened simply, as Imladris reported. “- Aye. Wraith Lord Caceroth is no longer of this Plane. The subjects under threat are all safe. However... I... -” ...this Almighty heard in echoes within the chamber of eternal. The Great Lord Infinite only responded back. “: Your safety, and those of the ones you were charged with, was of greatest priority. However I understand you have Violated your other stated protocol of my Commandment. :”
Imladris visibly gasped on the other end of the phone, and gulped to Almighty's acuity. The knight replied back with... “- Yes, this I admit of truth. -”
--------------------
The goddesses grew worried unto their brows, as Imladris looked pensive. He then added further. “Despite whatever else, I still take full responsibility for my actions. And accept full consequences, in place of any other that may have caused my violations. I was still the one that admitted my duty, to betrayal, no matter whatever else resulted to all of this.”
By now even Keiichi had an inkling of what was going on. Even the plain mortal felt this was somewhat unfair. Still Imladris didn't flinch in his admission, being honest was the full truth of his personal Code. Especially now that he could remember to be truthful for honest certain.
In return, Almighty responded rather stiffly. “- : Know that this Violation carries a steep price. To involve yourself when you know of better, comes to the fact also, that you should have trusted them all the more sooner. : -”
Imladris heard this, then felt his mind stop. “Eh? Pardon?” Almighty then imparted. “- : Was not also of my Commandment for you to trust your allies in this conflict now ended? Is my Word misunderstood? : -”
Imladris stuttered for a moment, the other goddesses get confused at what `they' are hearing. Imladris just imparts. “Well, my mind `was' trapped under the will of my Nemesis. I probably didn't know better as a result.”
“- : And as a result, you also could not Heed my Commandment of the other Blade. : -”
Imladris gulped, now speechless. Belldandy hearing just as keenly from her nearby vantage point, beside the slide door opening to the Tea Room, wondered, before Almighty added in. “- : Your compassion of love was not fulfilled in this mission. As such your Task is not completed to my Will of Satisfaction. : -” Imladris just blurts back. “Pardon My Lord?!”
Before the knight (or Keiichi,) can understand what is going on, Almighty suddenly imparts. “- : As a Consequence, I am sending Emissaries to attend to your Violation, in Person. They will become my Judgment in this matter, of which you will Accept without fail. : -”
Imladris blinks and wrestles against shouting into the phone. “B... but Milord?! I understand not! What do you mean of this?” This as suddenly the phone clicks into silence as Imladris shouts to the amusement of the others, save Keiichi who just looks on bewildered! “Wha... wait! Al... Almighty One? Milord? Hello? Uh... hey! Is this thing broken? Dang fangled contraptions of... hello?!” ...just before the air outside suddenly thunders to intense, blustery life!
“Outside! We have guests arriving!” Belldandy suddenly says, and everyone including a phone receiver dropping knight, all whom rush outside to the sight of a massive energonic vortex! Skuld sees the wind blowing around greatly, and wackily yells out. “NOW who the heck is coming??!”

“It's not Hild in full again is it?” Keiichi yells, as Belldandy looks with a awe struck mode. “No. It is not. By heavenly beyond of far." ...this Keiichi looks over under his covered under arm of braced-protected eyes.
Peorth sees the vast beam of light begin to form, the same kind Lind originally arrived from, but this time ten times more powerful, just on the initial `opening' of the portal beam! This rather than a mere effect of Gate, this one is truly directed to the said intended effect of... “It's them! His Three Generals! Bonté divine!
Keiichi gulps as yet another vast portal of the Heavens makes its presence, with so much power even Keiichi feels it dearly. "Never a dull moment here!" This before he looks over and sees Imladris stiffen considerably, the plain clothes looking just as stiff! Urd notes over as well, and in realizing, and yells over. “Change quick knight-boy!” ...this Imladris looks over and realizes his clothing.
He then twists at the bracelets on his arms and flares his full Regalia to all eyes! As he does, the beam finishes forming and rather than anyone dropping down, three elegant forms of female format walk out from `within' the beam, as if through an infinitely tall doorway. Imladris recognizes and sighs. “This will be fun.” ...and then walks ahead of the gathered.
--------------------
Hild and Mara jump out at about the same the goddesses and mortals emerge, Hild having heard the same conversation just as keenly. She did `not' care for these games the Big Oaf played, and now she felt the awesome raw power that was now emerging.
Mara behind her just anime big-head screamed. “GET US OUTTA HERE!! They'll destroy us all!! AGGGHHHH!!!” Hild just reacts by smacking Mara's head as she yells in too close, with a hard backhand left, knocking the demon minion out cold! “Oh hush, like they worry of care about us at the moment.” ...this Hild comments, seeing the three Generals emerge. “Heh, still such a scene in any case.” ...she remarks, just looking on.
One of a scene, even She smirked in knowing of coming. Finally, even to her of knowing.
--------------------
Below Velsper emerges and runs up to a corner of the residence, as the others save Lind (still) note Imladris approach and kneel on complete respect, for the Generals of Thor. Hirund, Rend and Mist each in the same annul of Greek-Egyptian-Roman style robes and capes, arrive of each sporting their personal golden Axes, flowing of colors of all kinds, of all the Commands and Standards of Heaven's vast Host. Their wine-dark Red, raven Black, and sleek Silver, respective manes flowing around them as much as their garments.
Keiichi sees them and has the bottom of every emotion drop out from him, down to his feet! Belldandy sees them and revels in the actual presence of the next most powerful heavenly beings below the kind Celestine once was. Only the Council of Heaven on above, holds more power than these Three. (Not that the empowerment of Norns was of discourse here, not by far here, of that moment.)
Imladris just keeps his kneeled position before them, as the three arrive in full, the sight of one other obscured of light personage, emerging with them from behind. They seem to arrive with gorgeous grace and majesty, that is, until Rend's mane suddenly flaps into her face, making her fluster it all back where it should be! “Dang wind of mortals!” ...she snips, this Hirund rolls her eyes at, as Mist simply giggles, hand cupped over mouth. Keiichi sees and blinks agape. “Wha the?
Just then Hirund looks around, and sees the various goddesses, and the infamous mortal everyone in Heaven knows about, then the reincarnated demon in turn, the two chibi-demons hiding off on the roof, (fit ignored,) and starts to impart... “Where is our dear...?” ...and looks down, and sees... “Oh, there ye be.”
Imladris just remains still, though a groan echoes under his tongue. Mist then giggles heavier at hearing even still `this' much, with Hirund imparting... “Do please stand Lord Knight.” ....this Imladris does on cue. As soon as he does, the three Generals as one, see the pure look in his eyes. Such to the longing sound of... “It `is' you.” Rend suddenly quips. Imladris blinks a few times. “Uh....”
Keiichi then sees to his surprise, the three Generals suddenly lunge forth, and glom onto the knight, acting all rather `maternal' in character to the likes of Keiichi. The goddesses watching just giggle and smile, as Keiichi asks. “Um, is he their son or something?” ...with a blank look on his face. Belldandy answers. “After so long, it is almost as if they are.” ...Keiichi just looks over not really getting the answer he wanted. Nor on looking back, does he care for anyway. He just lets it go, and enjoys the moment, as much as Imladris endures it.
After enough of this, the three let go, and look over their long beloved charge. Rend of the sonneted afore.“You really have finally come all back unto us. Our godson.”
“Yeah, guess so.” Imladris quips back plainly to Rend. Mist comments in kind with. “Now we can have the parties like we used to once again!” ...Imladris hears and gulps at. Keiichi listening can't fathom what `that' could mean, given the power of the three present. Urd just suddenly moans. “Man, I would `slave' myself, to be in such a party!” ...this the other goddesses in the cloister just groan or smile, of characteristic note. Belldandy then looks over and sees. “Is that dear Gate?”
Keiichi blinks, as the blond head of Gate pokes from behind the looking Generals, and waves at the suddenly pensive goddesses afar. Peorth gulps. “And 'she' had to come too." ...this she alone still remember all from Gate's 'strike', and unwanted all. Gate just chippers. "Well I did open the door, you know."
Hirund however suddenly interrupts everything, and tones to this fact by suddenly coughing rather hard, enough that it sounds like thunder to Keiichi's ears, in after echo. “Dang.” Such that Gate jumps back, and looks 'around the edge of the Gate sponsored portal, not unlike looking around a door frame, with unease.
Imladris himself looks and reflexively gulps, as Hirund steps back, the other two Generals in the same suit, enough that the knight sees Gate as well now. He's focused attention back upon, as Hirund suddenly snaps. “'WE' are on Commandment of Almighty's empowered Order. A Violation of occurrence is to be Judged upon by us, those that directly command you, in vein of the grand Master of War.”
Keiichi... “Uh....?” ... “Lord Thor.” Bell quickly inputs. Keiichi gulps, as does Imladris, as the lot of them note next from Mist. “In the matter of obeying Commandment, the Cherubim of the Sword of Light, Templar of Intracel, stands in Violation of the Final Commandment, of the Orders regarding the conflict with Voluspa.”
Imladris just quips in... “But Caceroth was...”
Not Him you pup!” ...this Imladris hears from Rend all of a sudden. He doesn't know if to feel afraid, or bewildered in suspicion. Hirund in turn continues. “In the matter of trust of allies, and to use the Blade of Love to your auspice, you are deemed in Violation, without accord we find to attest otherwise.”
Imladris blinks. “How the Light did you...”
SILENCE PUP!” Mist snaps, so much that Keiichi holds his ears, the rest watching save for chibi-Hild, wincing quite visibly. Hirund quickly counters. “We have our methods, and capabilities. They are not in fallacy, unlike your Violation.”
Imladris suddenly cocks a plain eye. “And so I stand accused.” ...he puts in equal plain tone, expecting more to garner his suspicions. Hirund `complies' in the method of... “...and as such, to be accepting of accusing, to become Guilt, you stand in Punishment of our Judgment.” Imladris in turn sighs, and nods once stiffly. “I await.”
Hirund then softens her gaze a bit, and then looks around with only eyes of encoded sight, before she feels a nudge from Rend to her own right. The two look with eyes only, where intended, such unto Hirund nods. She then comments fully unto Imladris. “You have not yet finished your amending of breached trust from that day, the day of the Invasion.”
Imladris blinks and starts to remember, Hirund aiding further. “After that night you said words, wanted retracted. And while circumstances interfered, the Task at hand to rectify is yet undone. And now can be so to the focused party of the heart present.”
Imladris blinks and realizes. “But you... you don't mean...”
Hirund barks in kind. “'YOUR' Punishment is to remain unKnighted as in Truth to our own eye, until the ancient profession of the soul is rectified. As it was to acquire trust to the Blade mentioned, you have now the chance to become penitent, and from that, meet obligation to both Judgment, Punishment, and History all to the same. All for your heart to finally attest unto.”
Imladris finally gets it, as does most of the goddesses watching, save Skuld, and a certain mortal else watching the same vein of confused. Imladris however stutters... “B... but if you mean that I...”
“We `do'.” Mist imparts softly. “It is the one key of lock, you have never fully used up to now. It also is a part of your ancient training standard we still have set, and never wavered from, all this time. It is this confession that is your only true obstacle left from becoming a true Knight in Heaven.”
Imladris however sighs, and starts back... “I would not do `that', for a mere title. You ask of something I do not know I can accomplish now. Not of me necessarily.” Mist cocks an eye at this, as Hirund comments. “Of what meaning?”
Imladris then turns his gaze back towards the gathering behind, and at Keiichi in particular. The mortal blinks, as Imladris imparts. “It seems a heart is already spoken for.”
Keiichi still doesn't get it, but then hears all the goddesses around him giggle in almost reflex, as they `do' understand. Urd just quips in kind back. “Oh for love of... so that explains it.” Belldandy in serene kind adds with a professing smile. “I believe you mistake the love Lind has for Keiichi, for the same as what I give my beloved.”
Keiichi looks at Belldandy, as Imladris blinks blankly, the Generals hear and then understand, all too well included now. Peorth just then imparts, putting a hand on Keiichi's left shoulder, offering... “Pauvre garcon, we do love Keiichi yes, but only one of us truly loves him. The rest of us love him as does a family should.”
Keiichi suddenly understands as well, as Keiichi is beheld by both of his hands by Belldandy's. Everyone around of goddess alike present giggle at the expense of the half realizing knight. Imladris however imparts as Skuld glumly folds her arms at the sight of Belldandy being so familiar with Keiichi, once more. “But... when Lind and Keiichi transferred Angels...” ...said with raised hand of wavering.
Keiichi smiled and then responded back. “'That' was not what you think. So now I get why you asked for me to take care of her. You believe wrong guy. Trust me.”
Imladris just blinks a whole bunch, as the Generals snicker yet more at his expense. Belldandy then lovingly adds, with a longing tone of the atmosphere apparent. “It is because of our mutual love for Keiichi, that he was able to support an angel. However that love is different in enough aspect, that it is a friend's love, and not the one you fear to have lost.”
Imladris gulps and realizes his own foolishness. He also realizes his, and speaks of.... “Then my jealousy was....” ... “Foolish.” Hirund finishes for him. Imladris just groans and slumps shoulders. “Aye, that I am.”
Keiichi then walks up away from the goddesses to the bloke knight. “Nice to get that cleared up no?” Imladris however blinks and then comments. “Then why did she avoid me? All last night after we got back from the Port? I mean I...”
Hirund looks between the two mortals, and then surmises. “By chance, did you witness Lind and Keiichi exchanging said Angel?” ...this Imladris looks up and nods. “Aye, Cool Mint was passed between them. I admit of my unease at the sight.” ...this Keiichi remembers too keenly. Hirund then comments as Belldandy and others watch, arms held in dear positions. “And you felt jealousy of that form, seeing something so personal, that you didn't have chance of yet?”
Imladris nods reflexively. “Aye, that I.... eh? Yet?” ...he stops to look in frozen stare.
Yet.” Mist adds. Keiichi looks at Belldandy as Imladris is then imposed by Rend. “Do you `love' her?” ...this whit makes Imladris blush very visibly. He stutters... “I....”
Do you `love' her?” All three Generals stress forcefully. Imladris just blurts in same full truth. “YES I DO!” ...so much so that the goddesses blush on pure emotion of the moment. Keiichi just gulps, while Imladris finally admits, with force of a walled damn breaching it's held back contents. The contents of nigh literal ages, in this case. All gushy like and all. “I do love her. I.... do.... love....” ...he trails off, feeling his soul flood with the emotion long withheld. Hirund smiles and then gestures to off her right in random generality. “It is not I you should profess.”
Imladris just looks over, and then back at Keiichi as if asking permission, only a blank smile returned. A knight then meanders over to the gestured direction, and into the last page of his destiny.
Emotions swirl of old once more as he looks around gingerly, guessing he's about to make a total fool of himself. He then stops a decent distance away from everyone, near the Temple structure. He then remembers everything that mattered to him, over all those years, all those trials, and all that stumbling in between. All the hints and all the innuendo that kept pointing to an obvious note that should have never taken this long. One that only tragedy now dealt with, stood in the way of. That, and a soul that finally wanted this, over everything else. Of that moment, and all thereafter.
And he actually couldn't contain it anymore either. His voice betrays this as he looks around, not seeing Lind anywhere, roof or otherwise. He professes anyway, to the point it echoes all across the region that morning, for kilometers around.
“I... uh... I..." ...he stammers at first, but then feels the emotion of love clamp strong to his tongue. Such of Iconic moment... "- I Imladris of name, profess of Truth, that I LOVE Lind the Valkyrie, the Lady of the Binary Angel, of Wings and Soul! I truly love her, and cannot live anymore without her!! She is my LIFE! -
Imladris then remembers... “- Of my apology, I would have her as my crutch.... no... I am the crutch, for which I am everything for her! Now and unto Forever beyond, and beyond more that Love will defeat and share all the same! This I Sayeth unto Lind, is my Life with her complete! -” ...this as tears dribble out no longer unbidden. Others watching with an honest heart, can't help to feel tears either at this profession. Hirund just sniffs a blush of her own accordance, and remarks. “A bit more than in mind, yet.. nice.”
All across the Prefecture, the Voice of Confession had carried much to Imladris's command voice, making a great many unwitting ears become blushed and enamored at such a vocal display of the heart. It in fact set the theme of the day to come. After the prior trauma of the eve past, this was vauntedly needed of nigh.
And yet as he finishes, he realizes there is no response at all. His heart skips a beat, as he fears to look around. He starts to raise his head, and indeed look regardless, starting to see nothing. Imladris almost panics in the same heartbeat he was bleeding his profession from. Keiichi himself looks around on happenstance. “Uh.... where is...?” ...as Belldandy walks up behind, and wraps her left hand in his right. Hirund however smirks. “All is well.” Keiichi blinks, just as Belldandy sees... “Oh my.” ...and just grips Kei's own hand, that much more lovingly.
Imladris looks back at the long time loving pair, and the Generals, just as he sees the first white flutter caress across his face. He then starts to see more, like soft falling angelic `snow', of a fashion. “Wha...?” ...and looks up, as he sees the sky suddenly seem all soft white and pink, as it literally flurries down more feathers.
The goddesses look up, as does demons, and gasp/choke all the same, before Imladris hears a flap to his rear, off the left he was heading in originally. Looking hence, off the way of the Temple, stands the Confessed love of his existence. Not just her, he gasps, but all `three' of them. Imladris realizes this is the first time he has seen both angels of Mint with Lind. This as she stands there with wavering eyes, and a barely held stance. Her jumpsuit flowing around in an elegant swirl of angel wings and feathers about her. The same of a new emotion now beholden of her. After having gathered (hardly) herself from being overwhelmed upon the Confession, she just stands there, hands held at the sides relaxed, just waiting for something to literally trigger her forth.
Of said amazed trigger... “Oh my! You did succeed!” Imladris just suddenly spouts of her long since accomplished, ancient goal, now shown unto him openly. He just swoons out in awe. “They look so... eh.... AH!
Suddenly with `no' word, warning or waiting further, the slow motion moment of Lind literally, very literally, leaping right at him, ceasing her emotional containment, and ending `all' such waiting! This as such when she and her angels each reach of leap and embrace from above, unto all around him in an enmasse loving embrace, very long such awaited for! He loses all feelings and just takes her embrace for all it is, everyone and everything lost in this moment of remembrance. Her hair flutters into his face and eyes, all the endearing traits at utter maxim. All and One of love and angel feathers flowing everywhere, as much as happy tears and cheering from afar.
About time.” Rend and Mist say in simult, as everything is sappily meshed in all a moment of true love. Everyone is lightly cheering, and dribbling tears, as a Valkyrie sobs openly and gloms dearly and happily, as does Angels alike, with a Knight whom forgetting all of else, except for that serene moment unto time's own eternal memory.
Peorth afar quips. “Amour sincère.” ...this Urd quips in too. "At least they are finally honest with theirs." Peorth just sighs and nods her head. Keiichi and Belldandy smile and hold to each other, the sight keeping all else at bay. Unseen, more eyes approve, and even plan their next motives.
But whom cares? Lind finally has her Valkyrie's Knight. And of where love most deserves to be.
(End Act III
...but not the end.)
-------------
-------------
To keep it simple this time, I kept the idea of the following simple.
- One, the Great Elemental Lords, I felt deserved to be shown finally, given the nature the spirits play in the entire manga series. If not for them, our mutual goddesses of admiring couldn't apparently exist on our world. Decided to make full use of that after a short verse Belldandy heard when she was dealing with the Earth Spirit, in Volume 1 Chapter 9 (or Volume 2 of the older book series) - The Apartment Hunting Blues. The Spirit gave a promise to protect Megumi when she got the apartment in that chapter, after Belldandy dealt with his antics. That promised the Great Earth Spirit, hence my idea.
- Don't expect demon - angel cooperation again, and yes, the Voluspa problem ain't going way, so I got more coming to eventually deal with this. Given time and my auspices, I'll eventually get to them. However my intent for an Act or two to come, is far lighter stuff. (Yup, means I got more chapters planned.) I also intend to use iotas from the Prologue to expand upon in future chapters. Don't be surprised where K1 and the gang end up. (And by now, the Heaven-Hell coop bit, makes me a big fat liar here. Heh.)
- I did decide to use actual location names for things like the final battle area, and tectonic locations of note. Most of the info was garnered off more Wiki and Google searches. Felt it was proper since it might give more realism to the story. The only problem for moi was trying to guess where the temple and NIT actually are, so any info of how to locate this particular area of detail, would be helpful.
And thanks for the patience and reviews so far. I know I'm hardly the best writer in grammar out there, but I still wanted to write all this, my share of actual headaches and insomnia even at times, to come up with ideas to put in this puppy. I just hope the imagination and intent makes up for my grammar imperfections. There `will' be more to come, since I really want to expand the relationships, and also delve into the pasts of my own chosen main characters. Yup, more Angel and Demon action yet to come, plus who knows what else. Velsper is planned as much in as Hild is, plus even Gate too. Questions alone from this Act will come to the fore pretty quick next Act.
Thanks in advance for putting up with moi, and in this story.