Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Secrets ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Quick A/N: I spelled Sara’s name wrong throughout the whole last chapter! I’m so sorry! I hope it didn’t affect any of your reviews! ;_;

---She left her attention return to the prostrate body in front of her. What was Setsuna’s best friend doing in her house?---

Ancient Secrets

Betrayal

---
“What’s going on?” Sara wondered. First I come home, and my mom is gone. Then I find Kira, and a person climbs out of the window? How-

Her thoughts were broken as she heard a rough, tired voice attempt to answer her questions. “Sara,” he stated, his eyes staring down into the depths of her own. (Credit goes to Aftertaste of a Razorblade for changing that!) She flinched, somehow needing to get away from that gaze.

“H-how did you get here? What happened?” she asked, somewhat tentatively.

Kira laughed bitterly. “Why don’t you ask your brother? It’s his new friends that tricked me.”

“My brother?” Sara asked, shocked. “What new friends?”

He looked up, surprise clearly displayed on his features. “You shouldn’t know, now. I’m sure Setsuna wouldn’t want you to get hurt.” Kira sat up, slightly wincing, but rose to his feet and walked to the door without a trace that he’d been injured.

“Wait! Your wounds! But- they’re gone…!”

Kira just looked at her, and walked out of the door. But Sara’s mind had taken too much stress for that day, and she collapsed to the floor in a dead faint.

---

Setsuna’s POV

He muttered angrily to himself. How could they have betrayed him like that? He had trusted them. They said they wouldn’t hurt Kira, and they did. Just because of whom he would turn out to be?

Note to self: Don’t trust demons. He sighed. Just because Alexiel promised to avenge Gehenna for them… It didn’t mean that he had to, right? Setsuna was torn.

Suddenly, he felt a twinge in the back of his mind. Frowning, he cast the feeling off to the side, and continued his thoughts.

I’m NOT Alexiel. I have no obligation to them. Besides, after Kira, who knows what else they might do? He told himself stubbornly.

Setsuna winced, feeling the twinge jab more persistently at his mind. “A twinge…” he thought. His eyes went wide as he remembered just what that pain meant, and he set off for Sara’s house at a dead run.

---

Kira’s POV

He swept out of Sara’s house, ignoring the stricken look on her face.

How could Setsuna not have told her about the danger? I know he wants to protect her, but this is ridiculous. I’ve been remembering all sorts of odd things, but… they never happen to me… and one of them involved Sara.

I can’t tell Setsuna, he’ll kill me. I know that he wouldn’t think twice about killing someone… the only reason he stops is because of the blood. Kira cursed angrily.

Why the hell am I worrying so much about this… trivial matter? After I was betrayed? I should be planning revenge. But… I can’t hurt him… something is drawing me closer and closer to him.

Half the time I feel like I should be protecting him, the other half like I should kill him. WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ME?

Kira blinked, and realized that he was at the doorstep of his house already. “Was I that lost in my thoughts?” he wondered.

Sighing, he kicked open the door to be met by a query from his father. “Kira! What would you like for dinner? I have food if you want it, we have-” He was swiftly cut off.

“I don’t want your food, old man. Eat it yourself,” he grumbled, stomping up to his room. Once inside, he rested his head on a knuckled fist.

He hated being mean to the man, but if he got too close… he would know him for who he was. An imposter.

Kira slumped to the floor, forearm placed drastically on his brow. A small smile escaped from his lips. “Now, what to do about Sara…” he murmured.

Tbc…

---

End Note: I’m sorry for not updating! I’ve had this chapter half written for about 3 weeks now, but I just finished it today. Oh, and in case I hadn’t mentioned it before, this is a semi-Alternate Universe fic. I tweaked a couple of details, so the story is mostly the same, but a few times and other things might be different. You’ll understand as you read on.

Tell me this. Do you want longer or shorter chapters? Just letting you know (if you read any of my other fics), it will cut into the updates of those a little bit. But I’m flexible! Yee haw.

Also, did you like the changes in POV? If you don’t, I’ll return to Sara’s POV. Please tell me!

Next Chapter:

The Dream. Sara is unconscious, and has “the dream” again. But this time she gets further. And what happens when Setsuna finds her?

Thanks to my lovely beta reader, Aftertaste of a Razorblade.

Okie dokie. Sorry for the long note. Please review!