Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction ❯ Imperfect Sky ❯ Bipolar ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be, not making a profit off of this in any way, may I be squashed by stampeding elephants and gobbled up by ravenous wolves if I ever do, etcetera, etcetera...
 
AN: (tears) So, I finished reading the series finally... And, y'know, it all pretty much makes sense. Except for whatever happened to Rosiel and Katan T.T I would end up confused about my favorite characters... So, does anyone out there get it? Could you explain it to this poor feeble mind, pretty please? Like, what Setsuna saw at the end, was that some kind of vision, or for real? (Trying not to give anything away, for those who haven't read it all...) What exactly did Alexiel do to Rosiel, if what Setsuna saw was for real? I don't know how I'm going to write the last chapter of this if I don't figure this out... Heh, not that that's anywhere in sight at this point... SO, until then, spoilers for book three, no warnings, you know the drill.
 
 
Chapter Five: Bipolar
 
 
I feel as if Rosiel-sama is calling me. Somewhere... alone... Rosiel-sama is crying...
 
 
It was a fine, cool night and his bed was invitingly soft, but after what he had just witnessed, Katan severely doubted he would be able to fall asleep again. He had woken up with this feeling, deep down inside, that something was terribly wrong... He had had no idea that Rosiel-sama was capable of crying.
 
“You know, Katan, I have an older sister - a twin... She and I are like positive and negative. We can't exist in the same place... we must never meet or come in contact with each other!”
 
Katan just couldn't understand a bit of it. Why would the Creator order such a thing, especially when it made Rosiel so sad? He thought the Creator loved Rosiel... And even if she was jealous, how could this sister possibly hate someone like his Rosiel-sama?
 
All he knew for certain was that he'd really hated to see Rosiel cry. He'd felt like crying himself, and had only restrained himself because it wouldn't have been fair. It wouldn't have helped at all if he'd broken down too, when Rosiel was the one who needed comforting... he wanted to help...
 
He tossed and turned in bed, kicked the sheets off, pulled them back on, knocked the pillow to the floor by accident and had to get up to get it again... It was the most frustrating thing ever, this sleeplessness. If only he could come up with something that would make Rosiel feel better, even for a little while; make him laugh - couldn't he come up with anything original, was he really good for nothing but taking orders? But the hollow feeling in his stomach was telling him that there was really nothing he could do anyway...
 
On an impulse he slipped out of bed and padded over to his window, as if the moon could answer his questions. He wondered idly why everyone liked to stare at the moon so much, anyway, when really it was dead inside. Somehow... he felt like Rosiel was still crying, just more quietly than before...
 
His feet pulled him into the hall in spite of his more reasonable intentions, and he followed the cold tile path striped with moonshine and shadow. He'd been in Rosiel's chambers before, of course, but for some reason they seemed frightening in the dark.
 
He heaved a sigh of relief, however, when he found the man sleeping peacefully, laying on his back and hugging a pillow loosely to his chest while his hair flowed around him like a million golden rivers. He looked so calm and content in his sleep that Katan wondered how he could have ever thought he was feeling sad.
 
The young angel was mildly surprised to find that he had started crying. Ah, well... he'd held it in as long as he could...
 
As he stared at Rosiel through blurry eyes, he found himself wishing - not exactly that he had kept his pain to himself, but that he hadn't had any pain, that he could have remained his perfect, strong mentor... It was horribly selfish, and he firmly pushed the desire away as he resolved that, hopeless or not, he would do everything he could to ease this pain. Someday, surely, Rosiel-sama would be happy again; he would see to it.
 
TBC