Angels Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Road ❯ Broken Road ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: These characters belong to me and my friend. So you don’t steal, try to steal them and I will find out. However, the song lyrics do not, the song lyrics belong to Rascal Flatts. I was inspired to write this story while listening to Rascal Flatts’ “God Bless The Broken Road”.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~
Broken Road

I set out on a narrow way,
many years ago.
Hoping I would find true love,
along the broken road…

Shadow Queen stood on a high cliff overlooking the Shadow Realm’s castle. Her friends were training in the courtyard. each one had grown stronger and wiser along their journey. She changed as well, a lot more that she’d ever let them know. There were many things that changed her, but one thing changed her the most. She lost her way many times along her journey. She had walked the road of a princess, a slayer, a warrior, and a dark angel. Looking for the place she most belonged.

But I got lost a time or two,
wiped my brow and kept pushing through.
I couldn’t see how ever sign,
pointed straight to you…

Every time she ended up on a different path, someone was always there to lead her back to her road. She never gave up and eventually made it back to her path. Below, a handsome dragon youkai wearing black dragon scaled armor stepped out. He had hair black as ebony and night colored skin. Shadow Queen smiled softly and turned towards the rocky trail. It went down the mountain and into the courtyard. Walking slowly she headed down the trail, the wind gently blowing through her midnight black hair. The heels of her armored boots made small clicking sounds as she walked. Her midnight black armor and leggings protected her from the cold autumn breeze. A large gate with the symbol of the Shadow Realm laid at the bottom of the trail. As she reached it, she lifted her claw and placed it on the symbol. The symbol glowed and the gate opened, allowing her to enter. She walked into the courtyard and towards the dragon youkai.

Every long lost dream,
lead me to where you are.
Others who broke my heart,
they were like northern stars…

Pointing me on my way,
into your loving arms.
This much I know is true,
that God Bless the broken road,
that lead me straight to you…

The dragon youkai smiled as he held out his hand. She took his hand and he pulled her gently next to him. His name was Shadow and he was her king and her husband. She had had many broken hearts, but Shadow was the one who had healed her heart. He was the one who had changed her the most. He was the one who taught her about true love. Smiling softly, she laid her head on his shoulder. Closing her eyes she sighed softly, she loved Shadow with all her heart. He was the only one for her and the only one she’d ever belong to. Many have tried to win her over, but all have failed. Her belonged to Shadow.

I think about the years I spent,
just passing through.
I’d like to have the time I lost,
and give it back to you.

Shadow gently kissed her forehead, he understood what she was thinking. She smiled turning her head to look up at him. Her mind getting lost in his gaze of warmth and love. She couldn’t even think of where else she’d rather be, nor would want to be. She was content to remain just where she was. She would love to stay in his arms forever. Shadow was the only one who truly understood her, for he had been through the same. Sometimes she can’t believe that it took so long to find him. When she first met him, she hand been unresponsive and unfeeling. She had kept an unemotional mask on her face and ever showed anything she felt. She would fight, not caring if her opponent was innocent or guilty. She had had no problem killing anyone who pissed her off. She never let anyone through her wall, nor would she even try. But, somehow, Shadow had gotten through her wall and into her heart. And soon she found someone she could trust in. He was there for her when no one else was, he showed her how great love could be. He understood her, for he had been through the same things as her. They both and learned about true love, their love was eternal. She looked back up at him, glad that fate had brought him to her. He had give her the chance that no one else had bothered to do.

But you just smile and take my hand,
you’ve been there, you understand.
It’s all part of a grander plan,
that is coming true…

Whatever brought them together Shadow Queen knew they’d always be. For their love was strong and break through whatever fate may throw at them. And would fight, together, along side Shadow. She would fight for him, she would even giver her life for him. They’ve gone so much already, yes they had their hard times, where one of them had stormed off. But they always returned to each other. They’ve made it through good times and bad, and they would always be together. Shadow Queen smiled as they turned to their friends and family. They had been give so much, dear and loving friends. They had a bright son, half-Inu and half dragon, and two beautiful young daughters. They had everything they could ever want, a family, a kingdom, and loving friends. And should anything or anyone ever threaten their friends, family or kingdom. They would fight to protect them, for the were the might king and queen of the Shadow realm. They were Shadow and Shadow Queen.

Every long lost dream,
lead me to where you are.
Others who broke my heart,
they were like northern stars,
pointing me on my way,
into your loving arms.
This much I know is true,
that God Bless the broken road,
that lead me straight to you…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Maria: remember, Shadow Queen and Shadow belong to me and my boyfriend. And remember I will find out if you try to steal them *points behind, Lawyers standing with cell phones and briefcases. Anyways, I hope you liked it.
Shadow Queen: kinda short though
Shadow Queen: That’s why it’s called a short story, but I’ll probably eventually go back and add more or make another story using this ones plot. But right now I have other stories to start and work on.
Shadow Queen: like 100 of them
Maria: T.T don’t remind me, It’ll probably take at least a year to a year and a half before I get done and it’s already been a year on my other stories and I’ve only got a few chapters done on each. *sigh* Anyways…
Both: Read and Review!!!