Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Avatar: Doomsday ❯ The Breakout, Part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Standard Disclaimer: I don't own anything in this story aside from my own original characters and concepts. Avatar: The Last Airbender and all of its characters are property of Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. I own nothing and make nothing from this work.
Summary: Takes place shortly after The Boiling Rock, Part 2. Ever wonder what happened to Mai and Ty Lee during Sozin's Comet? Prison escapes, chimera monsters, freakish firebenders, secret takeovers, dragons, sibling rivalries, and evil spirits. It's all here.
Over two hundred hits! Make sure to read the little note at the bottom of the story so you guys know what's gonna be happening now, okay? Thanks a ton and…
Enjoy!
+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
 
Chapter 4: The Breakout, Part 2
+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
 
And then all hell broke loose.
There was a great thunderclap of sound followed by a massive wall of water that dwarfed the Pit. The crowd stood stock still, shocked beyond belief. Even the Amemnock looked slightly apprehensive. The water wall held steady for only a moment but it gave a hidden guard all the time he needed.
“Raijin!” yelled a wizened, but strong voice through the silence. “Protect yourself!”
The guard, the former heir-to-the-throne and ex-general, Iroh sent a powerful burst of flame from the stands at Raijin. The teen's smile nearly split his face as the flames disappeared around him, absorbed inside him.
“Get next to me,” Raijin muttered tonelessly to the girls. At their hesitation, he barked coldly, “Now!”
In the stands, Iroh was easily outmaneuvering other guards, keeping himself moving at all times. He yelled out, “Now Pakku!”
Instantly, wall of water came crashing down, destroying everything in its path. Raijin leapt into the air and spun quickly, letting loose a short but intense stream of black fire. Any water that it touched froze on impact forming a safe zone for them. Raijin quickly sent a burst of the zero fire above them as well, fully encasing them inside an icy cage but protecting them from the large tidal wave.
After a few moments the torrent of water subsided and another guard quickly sliced through the cage as though it was made of sand. Raijin's eye widened as he recognized the sword and its movements…they were very similar to his own.
“M-master?” he uttered in shock. The guard ignored his question and shouted at them.
“Don't just stand around! Get to one of the boats. This is a breakout for the three of you; get moving!” with that he was off fighting more guards that had stormed the Pit.
“You heard the man,” Mai said. “Let's get going. This place is boring anyway.”
Ty Lee gazed at the chaos that had overtaken the Pit as they began to run towards one of the large exits. “I don't know, Mai. I think this place is pretty exciting.”
Iroh was still in the stands, now dukeing it out with several of Seipher's guards and the Baron himself. Iroh seemed to be handling the guards easily enough but their attack kept giving Seipher openings. And despite his large guard squad, Seipher was a very experience firebender and warrior. Meanwhile, the nameless swordsman was continuing to cut through fire nation shoulders at a dizzying pace; even more incredible was the fact that none of the wounds he was inflicting were lethal. Next to him was a man garbed in the blue clothes of a waterbender with a fine white beard and slightly bald head. He had obviously been the one who had created the water wall.
Then, like a crazed hog-monkey, another elderly man came flying through one of the Pit's walls riding on a large pillar of rock. He cackled wildly as he sent guardsmen after guardsmen flying with blasts of rock. Every few seconds he would pause to take a bite of what looked like a bright green rock.
During all of this the trio continued their race towards the doorway, evading any battles that they could. “Almost there,” Raijin muttered.
Less than twenty feet away from the door a massive tail came crashing down in front of them, almost crushing Ty Lee had not Raijin yanked her back at the last second. As one, seven eyes followed the long tail to the large creature that had now slithered in front of their exit.
The Amemnock gazed down at them hungrily with its sinister eyes. It let out another hellacious roar.
Raijin sweatdropped. “I thought we forgot something…”
Instantly, a line of guards, each wielding wicked looking spears, faced the trio from the right. “Hold it right there, Cero. You aren't going anywhere.”
Apparently the Amemnock had other plans. Its upper body shot down and breathed a burst of green flames at the guards. Mai peered at the fire nervously. Her eyes narrowed a bit as she noted something very interesting. That's not fire…but what is it?
She got her answer seconds later as a line of guardsmen fell over in shock. Their armor had been melted clean off. Raijin felt hope deflate even more. “It breathes an acidic mist…wonderful.”
Mai looked at the guards. “I would suggest you all leave now unless you want to become monster chow.”
Raijin's eye darted around the area, looking for anything to use against the titanic beast. He found nothing of use; any spears that the guardsmen had held had either been burnt to a crisp or sliced into pieces. Not good…
Mai and Ty Lee immediately snapped into action at Raijin's hesitation. Before the Amemnock could even move a senbon had been lodged deep into one of its eyes, rendering it useless. Ty Lee had used the Amemnock's recoil from the pain to leap over its long tail and race up it, heading for the gorilla-like torso. She managed a speedy three hits before leaping over another breath of the acid mist and back to the ground.
“How'd you do that?” Raijin mumbled.
Ty Lee watched the Amemnock's movements carefully before answering. “A gorilla's body is very similar to a human's…just a lot harder to shut down. But don't worry; me and Mai can handle it no problem!”
“We can?” Mai asked never taking her eyes off of the Amemnock's remaining eye.
“You bet! Now go help the guys trying to get us out of here. We'll meet you guys at a boat!”
Raijin smiled briefly before he began to sprint away. “Whatever you say,”
Immediately he began to head to where Iroh and Seipher were dukeing it out. Iroh clearly had the upper hand in a one-on-one but with the surrounding guards Seipher was slowly taking over the fight.
Not while I'm around, Raijin thought.
He glanced around and noticed the bizarre earthbender nearby. “Hey!” he barked across the roar of the battle. The older man glanced at him. “Can you give me a boost?”
The old man cackled wildly. “A boost? I don't see why not!” he stomped heavy on the ground and threw up a single arm. Moments later Raijin was landing in the upper area, having been launched by a pillar of rock. The old man sighed as he began to entomb the bodies of the guard's in gravely earth. “I wish Momo was here…”
High above, Raijin raced through the crowd, throwing heel kicks and haymakers as he did. He grinned darkly as he neared Iroh. All he needed now was an opening to take care of everything.
Surprisingly, it was Seipher who gave it to him.
A prison guard tore at Iroh's defenseless back with a spear but slumped to his knees after a strong back kick from the ex-general. Seipher used the time to prepare an extra large fireball. Seeing the opening, Raijin raced towards then and, using the slumping guard as a booster, flipped completely over the Dragon of the West.
Seipher's eyes widened in surprise as he tried to pull back his attack but it was too late. It sailed freely directly to Raijin's waiting arms. It vanished from sight within seconds as the long time prisoner stared down the prison's warden with a frozen silver glare.
“Now Cero,” Seipher didn't get any further in his plea as Raijin went on the offensive. He was a blur of black flames as he launched several bursts at the Baron. The prison leader managed to avoid them but allowed Raijin to get even closer. Before he could react Raijin was behind him with a dagger of black flames dancing in his hand over the Baron's throat.
“Tell your men to stand down,” Raijin growled.
Seipher scowled darkly as he mentally promised the teen would beg for death after this. His mouth however, said differently, “Stand down men!”
Much of the battle stopped, all the Fire Nation guards having lowered their swords or stopped bending altogether. The Amemnock, however, continued to lash out at Mai and Ty Lee who were continually attacking it as well. So far Mai had managed to blind one of the creature's eyes but her second shot had been lodged just above the eye, and Ty Lee had managed to slow down the tail a great amount and stop its left arm altogether.
Raijin's eyes darted back and forth from Seipher to the girls several times. With a growl he shoved the defenseless Seipher to Iroh who caught him and immediately took up the same position Raijin had held.
The silver eyed man stormed over to the Baron and spoke to him in a deadly hiss. “You thank Agni that we need you as a hostage. I cannot kill you now, Seipher, but I will eventually. For now, I guess I'll just have to settle for this!”
He yanked the Baron's sword, a jian - a double-edged straight sword - from its sheath and raced towards the girls, leaping from the seating area down to the Pit's floor. Seipher glared at him all the way, mumbling to Iroh. “You will never escape, traitor.”
“Quite the contrary,” Iroh spoke as he removed his helmet and revealed his identity. Many of the guardsmen immediately dropped their weapons at the sight of the former general. “I think we will leave here rather pleasantly.”
Bumi quickly began encasing the guardsmen around the Pit in rock, laughing and snorting all the while. The waterbender and the swordsman from earlier rose up to the stands on a pillar of stone that the King of Omashu created for them.
Pakku spoke first. “Iroh, we have taken over the base and I have secured the dock as well. We have a boat waiting and should leave immediately.”
The swordsman also removed his helmet. “Yes, General Iroh. We should be leaving now. It does not help to dwell here.” Spoke Piandao.
“I agree, but we have a slight problem still.” Iroh tilted his head towards the Amemnock and the trio fighting it.
“Ah,” the two older men chorused.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Raijin raced towards the edge of the stands and leapt from them, mentally screaming all the way. Stupid, stupid, stupid idea!!!
He angled the blade slightly as he came down…directly on top of the Amemnock. Using the momentum from the fall and the angle of the blade, he managed to tear a large gash across the creature's shoulder blade down to where the torso and tail merged.
The Amemnock let out a wail of pain and anger as Raijin dropped to the ground beside Mai and Ty Lee. “What took you so long?”
Raijin shrugged. “I'm a bit out of practice fighting humans, Mai. You out of senbon?”
The gothic girl nodded. “Alright,” Raijin spoke to the girls. “You two have done more than enough here, go help out the crazy earthbender until we get out of here.”
“But-” Ty Lee began but Raijin silenced her with a raised hand.
“Just go.” He winked at her with his lone eye. “I'll be fine here.”
Without another complaint, both girls rushed to help the former Omashu King. Raijin cracked his neck loudly and leered up at the recovering Amemnock. He twirled the sword in his right hand, casual as can be. “Here we go,” he smiled and raced the monster.
He jumped over the lethargic tail swipe with practiced ease, thanking Ty Lee's chi blocking the entire time, and continued to run at the creature's right side, a blind spot due to Mai's well placed senbon. He tore open a long cut across its tail making the Amemnock hiss in pain and blow a flare of the acid breath at him.
Raijin sprinted past the behemoth and jumped at the wall behind it. As soon as his feet made contact with the stone, he pushed off it with a grunt and sent himself sailing past the Amemnock's left side. He managed to give it a shallow cut before its hand smashed down where he had been seconds ago.
Raijin slid across the ground in a gentle crouch, sword resting loosely in his right hand. Weakening the base, check. The prisoner mentally noted. Now wait for it to make a mistake…
The Amemnock lashed out with a tail slam, smashing it into the ground with terrible strength. A grin split Raijin's face. And that would be my cue!
Raijin ran and grabbed the large tail as it flicked backwards, heading towards it normal position behind the Amemnock. Raijin let go as soon as it was chest level with the monster, being sent sailing through the air and plunged the straight sword into the Amemnock's hairy chest.
A massive hand immediately smacked the teen away, knocking him for a loop briefly. Raijin ignored the black spots dancing across his vision set his face into an icy mask. With a slight grimace, Raijin launched both of his fists forward powerfully; twin pillars of black zero fire followed them and slammed into the Amemnock's face.
The monster managed to let loose a single screech of pain before toppling over and smashing its head against the wall behind it. The Amemnock's head crackled loudly, frozen pieces falling off like glass.
Raijin managed a brief smile before he hit the ground roughly and darkness over took him.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ty Lee had seen the whole thing and was at Raijin's side seconds after he hit. Mai was not far behind her.
Ty Lee cradled the unconscious teen's head in her lap. Mai looked over at the dead Amemnock and gave a low whistle. “That was…impressive.” Her voice gave away her surprise.
Bumi walked over towards the two, all the guardsmen having been entombed in earth or frozen in ice from Pakku. He gave the one eyed man a once over. “He'll be just fine. A little banged up, maybe a broken rib at the worst, and a bit malnourished. All in all, not too bad when you look at where he's been for the past five years.”
He bent down and took the teen from Ty Lee, placing him carefully across his back. “Come on, girls! To the docks! Ha ha!”
The mad genius began to head towards the docks where Piandao, Pakku, Iroh and the captive Baron all were waiting. Ty Lee followed after his briskly, worry for Raijin still evident on her face. Mai stared after them for a moment.
“Maybe I should have traded him for Tom-Tom. Would've made things a lot easier in the long run.”
A few minutes later the group were all settled on the only remaining boat in the docks. Pakku had destroyed all the others to prevent any followers. The Baron was seething now in Iroh's grip/
“I will kill all of you,” he hissed. “Except for you, Iroh! I will deliver you to Fire Lord Ozai so that he can deal with your betrayal personally!”
Iroh chuckled. “I can only imagine my brother's reaction to hearing of my escape from prison. I have no desire to face him now.”
Pakku glanced at the Baron as though he were a piece of dung stuck to his boot and asked Iroh. “What shall we do with him?”
Piandao drew his sword again. “Shall I dispose of him?”
Iroh shook his head but it was another voice that answered. “No,”
Everyone turned to see Raijin sitting up on the floor, holding his ribs. Ty Lee came forward to help him stand but he waved her off and struggled to his feet himself, pain etched in his face the entire time. “Don't kill him,”
Iroh raised an eyebrow. “What would you do, Raijin?”
The teen managed a grin. “Leave him for Ozai to deal with.” He looked over at the Baron whose eyes had gone wide in realization. “Ozai left you in charge of the most high security prison in the Fire Nation and you will have three escapees, two of which we sent here directly under the command of Princess Azula, and the other being one of the greatest threats to the Fire Lord. How do you think he's going to deal with you?”
Iroh thumbed his beard thoughtfully for a moment. “Very well. We shall leave him for my brother to deal with.” With that, Iroh spun to Baron to face him and struck him firmly in the chest with a palm strike. Seipher flew over the boat's railing and landed roughly on the wooden dock. Iroh wasted no time in unleashing a dragon-like burst of flame from his mouth, engulfing the docks.
Seipher scrambled off of the wood and back on to the island in seconds. But he was now too far away to try and firebend at the boat. Damn…
“Pakku,” Iroh spoke cheerfully as Raijin laid himself back down. “If you will.”
With a quick bow, the master waterbender of the North Pole began to waterbend the ship away from Kurosaka Prison.
+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
 
Explanations about…
I can't think of any explanation off the top of my head. If you are curios about anything, just leave a review and I'll get back to you.
Anyway, this came out totally different than I originally planned. It was supposed to be just Iroh and Pakku there but Piandao and Bumi kind of just pushed themselves in. Oh well, I love Bumi's character. On top of that, the battle was supposed to be rather quick and sudden, leaving Seipher to deal with the Amemnock, which I love as a monster.
Anyway, I'll be gone in Canada for a while at Cross Country camp so there might not be any updates for the rest of this month. But if I manage to get five reviews by the time I get back, I'll make sure to do a double update when I get back in September. Sound good?
Thanks for reading and please review!