Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Back To Him ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back To Him
 
He always knew just what to say. Exactly how to get his way: to make you do what he wanted. That's how she had ended up here, in his bed, even though she had promised herself she wouldn't let it happen again.
Yet here she was, listening to the sound of his breathing and smelling the scents left behind after sex.
She turned over to look at his sleeping form. To watch his chest rise and fall, moving the sheet in a steady rhythm. She sighed inwardly. How had she let this happen again? All she had come over to do was talk, and she had ended up in bed with him. Sighing she thought back to the previous night.
 
She walked up the front porch steps to face his plain white door. Telling herself that this time, this time she would end it for good.
She reached over to ring his doorbell, pushing it with the black painted fingernail of the index finger on her left hand.
Sighing she checked her reflection in the window next to her. Looking her outfit over, she decided that it had been the right choice going with her black skinny jeans. They complimented her form, and went really well with her white blouse and pinstriped vest, helping her red peep-toe's to pop.
When she looked up, he was already at the door, wearing only a pair of baggy grey sweatpants. His hair stuck up in some places, looking as if she had woken him up with her visit.
Pushing his brown hair off of his face, he broke the silence, shattering the peaceful silence of the morning.
“Hey.” Had been all that he'd said, yet it had been enough to make her dizzy. He had been able to break down her wall, just with his voice.
Gathering al of the composer she could, she started what she had come here for. “We need to talk.”
 
`We need to talk.' That was all she said, her voice grim. That had been all it took to break the calm mask he had been hiding behind. All it had taken for the icy feeling of dread to settle in his stomach, heavy as a ton of bricks.
Taking a deep breath, he stepped aside to let her in. He looked her over, amazed at how beautiful she always looked, even this early in the morning. Taking in another deep breath, he started the dreaded conversation.
“So, we need to talk. What about?” he asked while lowering himself down into the chair opposite hers.
“Well.” He noticed how she crossed her legs and began to run her fingers through her long brown hair. A dead giveaway something bad was coming, just like the calm before the storm. “We need to talk about us.”
“Us? What's wrong with us? I think us is fine.” He voice rising an octave higher as he laughed weakly, trying to lighten the mood and failing very miserably.
She sighed before she began. “What's right with us? We're always fighting and I end up crying myself to sleep more often then not. I love you, you know I do, but I don't think that it's enough.”
He felt horrible knowing this. The fact that he had hurt her, enough to make such a strong women cry, it was just too much. She stood up to leave, wiping the tears from her face as she went. He tried to stand up to stop her, but his body wouldn't move. No matter how hard he tried, he sat their, rooted to the spot.
`Come on move. Move dammit, move!' his mind screamed at him over and over again. `Don't let her get away!'
After several long seconds of coaxing his body, he was finally able to stand. Rushing to the door he blocked her exit, determined to make her listen to him.
“Move.” She commanded, her voice surprisingly steady for the amount of tears leaking from her eyes.
“No. Not until you listen.”
“I said move God damnit!” she screamed in his face.
“No, please. Let's just talk. Have a real conversation. Please?”
 
He was begging. She could see the desperation in his eyes. She fought an inner battle. Trying to convince herself that if she stayed and listened, she would never get out of this hell she was in. But the other part of her told her to stay and listen. Her nice side won and she decided to stay and listen.
“Fine. We'll talk. But you only have ten minutes. Go.” She sat down, looking up at him expectantly.
He stood their in silence for several moments before finally moving to sit down next to her, still staying silent.
“Your wasting both my time and yours. Get going.” She reminded him with a death glare.
“It's just that I don't know what to say. To make you stay that is. There isn't anything that I can say is their?”
She closed her eyes and took a moment to think. She regretted staying now, it had been a huge mistake. Opening her eyes, she was surprised to find that he was right in front of her.
“Just know that I love you, more then anyone or anything in this world.” And then he was kissing her and she was kissing back. Going to a place of total bliss with him.
 
She sighed. It was the morning after now. He would wake up, bring her breakfast, and things would go back to how they had been before like they always did.
She sighed aloud this time, waking him up with her soft breath. He smiled at her with his crooked smile, and she found herself smiling back.
He gave her a quick kiss before whispering “I love you.”
Now she remembered why she always came back to him.