Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Betray me, Save me. ❯ Some wounds never heal. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Some wounds never heal.

It's true. Some wounds never heal, because they are buried so deeply inside one's heart, there's no where for them to go except to pile up and cause more and more hatred to burn inside of one's body. No matter how one tried to get rid of the hatred, each lash, each torment just added to the anger and wrath inside the heart of one young individual.

She was only four years old, as she ran through the fields near an Earth Bender's Dojo. Her mother was a teacher there, along with the grandfather the girl loved and trusted above all else. The ones she was running with, were Earth Bender's, all of whom she had grown up with.

Despite her not having any bending ability yet, her friends said there was still a chance that it would show through... and she eagerly waited for that day to come. But when it came, she wished it never had.

The fire nation had invaded the territory to take over the Dojo, to destroy it. The adults and older students were fighting fire with earth, trying to protect the youngster's and give them a chance to get away. With fear in the back of her throat, the brown haired girl ran to be at her mother's side.

As she ran, a fiery blaze was heading towards her friends, family, and her own mother. With a hint of familiarity, the girl jumped up and kicked the fire back towards the other soldier's. No one said a word as the girl landed on the ground in front of the group.... Fire burning in her golden eyes.

With anger, she pushed the fire bender's back on her own. She pushed all twelve of the lower ranked soldier's away on her own, when a much more skilled warrior came up and attacked, blasting her back against a tree with a powerful kick.

The fight faded from the young girl's view, but when she came too, she felt odd. She was sore from where she had been kicked, but something else was wrong. She was laying on the ground, near her mother and a few other's. The adults were standing and talking, as she tried to get up, she found she couldn't.

There were chains around her small wrists, and around her ankles. "...mother?" She asked in confusion, before peering into the darkness. She could see her grandfather sitting there, ignoring her as well as the students she had grown up with and lived with her entire life.

"One young, fire bender. The price is 40 pieces." One of the men her mother was talking to said, as the mother nodded and looked down to the child she had raised for five, long, happy years. No regret, none at all. None of them, her family...her friends...none of them cared as she was escorted away by the Earth Soldier's. She had been sold to them, because she was a fire bender.

Her mother was an Earth Bender, who had once been raped after a battle with the fire nation and left for dead. She was found and healed, but when she lay with her husband, she knew something was wrong. From the start, she knew her child was a fire nation spawned demon. The flames that she had been able to direct just proved it further...

"Mommy?" The small girl asked, terrified. She was reaching out for her mom, who didn't even care as she looked down her nose at the girl, hatred boiling in her eyes. As the child was led away, the girl's confused and scared shouts of her friends names, her families names echoed in the cave...

A slave. A slave's life. That's all that awaited her now... No matter what she did, or what she might try to do. Being born as a Fire Bender... she had been cursed in the land of Earth and Stone.

And the shouts of a scared child, never fade away.

--
A/N: Dun, dun dun! Tell me what you all thought of the first chapter. The daughter of an Earth Bending master, who was raped by a Fire Nation Soldier, sold into slavery by the very family she grew up with.

This is the introduction of an original character, who will either help or hinder the Avatar at a later time... ^__^